CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

+50
MellowOne
Karyn
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
Nikcoils
KeishaMac
TheRYL1
cutephantasm
Cherry: extraordinary!
Erica5417
neethair
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
p_nuttie43
NaturalChica
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
truet
Pi*Jay
dajewel
sweetdrk1
lovesunshine17
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
Keisha
ytiznatural
Winnielours
Enchantment
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
HumanNature
crustaceans
ChrsLvsBks
beautifuleyez
tiashaunteé
curlycaramelo
nmoultry
BajanPrincess82
Free2009
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
teri-teri-boberry
crvng4mr
TerraD
54 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 16 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by TerraD 27th January 2010, 6:04 pm

I will adiaha! It's a Medical-Surgical Rehabilitation unit at the Children's Hospital.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 16 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by sweetdrk1 27th January 2010, 11:20 pm

I am praying for you!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 28th January 2010, 6:08 pm

Thanks sweetdrk!

So, last night I did 6 braids and set the ends on flexi rods. I used Organix smoothing shea conditioner and coconut oil. For the ends I used Karen's BB hair butter and set with end papers. I smoothed a little coconut/castor oil mix on my edges. I will hopefully be putting it in a big bun or ponytail. Pics coming soon Smile

On a random note...How many of you curlies have tons of baby hair behind your ears, by your hairline? Last night I nearly had a heart attack thinking a spider was on my head and it was that dang babyhair! I had a friend tell me that I should put oil on that part of my hair and smooth it in the direction of growth, to help it learn to stay smooth and not fly around messing with my ears! Has anyone heard this? I am very hairy (Thanks Dad!) and actually had ~5 different hair dressers offer to "line" me up before! Once when I was in elementary! Has anyone else had this happen? I just had to vent!

Have a great day, and if it's cold where you are think warm SoCal thoughts (68 and sunny here TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 16 Icon_sunny) TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 16 Icon_cool
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th January 2010, 6:30 pm

I have baby hairs behind my ears. They are well behaved though TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 16 Icon_biggrin They stay in place. I have a patch of baby hair that grows below my hair line on my neck. It's weird because right above that spot my hair does not grow...just little fine baby hairs. I always have my hubby to clean up that patch. He ask me if I want him to get the hair around my ears....I tell him no! I think it's cute.

It's in the 60s here today too but on Saturday it will be in the 30s for the high. Gotta love Mississippi weather!

You see the hair behind my ear on this pic

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 16 Two_st10
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 28th January 2010, 7:56 pm

Cool, that is totally how mine looks! It's crazy because it's so fine that it comes out of twists, etc! I'm going to start making sure it's moisturized!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 28th January 2010, 11:34 pm

I still have "baby" hairs all around! I know the feeling.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th January 2010, 5:13 am

It's great to not be alone on this! The baby hairs in the front lay down on their own, but behind my ears likes to blow in the wind LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th January 2010, 2:17 pm

Hey Ladies!!!!

Yesterday I had an awesome time feeding the homeless. I even had one guy call me sexy and tried to touch my curls LOL! So they were quite thankful! It was a great experience, there were people in their early twenties all the way up to their sixties! I am glad to be a part of a church that takes out the time to do this, once a week, every week, rain or shine.

I just wore my hair in a braidout, because I had no clue how to bun it. Today I will work on bunning to kick off bun month. I am also waiting on henna, I wanted to DC with it this weekend, but will have to wait until it comes!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th January 2010, 10:23 pm

That is Awesome!! You made a major difference in their lives I am sure
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 31st January 2010, 9:41 pm

When I was a teenager I was told that baby hair behind the ears meant that the person has "good" hair. So I kinda want baby hair behind the ears now. LoL
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 1st February 2010, 12:01 am

Thanks sweetdrk, it was great! LOL @ keisha!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 1st February 2010, 2:47 pm

Morning Ladies!!!

This weekend I attended a conference in Palm Springs, which I had no clue was only 1.5 hours away from me. On the way, the shopaholic in me noticed a set of outlets that were nearly 1/2 a mile long (and without crashing I saw Coach, Dior, Gucci and Ferragamo)! I will be checking those out in the near future, because there's nothing like dirt cheap high-end items! The weather was insane. It was 81 during the day and about 30 at night. So I have the sniffles Sad

As far as my hair goes, I wore it in a small hump in the front and a braidout ponytail. I totally forgot to take pics. The annoying thing was that every day that I redid my bun, my hair was tangled! Last night when I got back I moisturized and detangled. Added a braid across the front and sealed my ends. I moisturized with coconut oil and my castor hair oil mix. I sealed the ends with shea and coconut oil. I am going to go out and get more castor oil. I may try using that on my ends because they seem really dry. I am also waiting on henna so that I can incorporate that into my life! I think I may try baggying, once I figure out what the heck I'd be doing! LOL
Have a great day!!!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 2nd February 2010, 3:23 pm

Hola Chicas!

Well, nothing new with my hair. I am still wearing it in a bun with the braid across the front. I was a total migraine having bum yesterday and only left the house once to get meatless crumbles for chili. Immediately returning home to replace my pj's on to my body Smile Tonight I will be oiling my scalp and doing a scalp massage. Still no henna, I'm hoping to have it by this weekend. My hair is in desperate need for some love after my intense month of twists!
Tiene buenos dias!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 2nd February 2010, 9:08 pm

Hope u feel better Terra. TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 16 Herz
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 2nd February 2010, 9:53 pm

Thanks Keisha! Are you still going to the Meetup on sunday?
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd February 2010, 10:14 pm

Terra, I wanted to tell you I tried some veggie patties. I even got my hubby to try them. They were surprisingly good.

Now tell me about the meatless crumbles. Where did you purchase it? Do you think it could be used to make tacos?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 3rd February 2010, 1:42 am

Cool! I love veggie burgers and you can get away with piling stuff on them because they are so much better for you.
I purchased the meatless crumbles at the grocery store, they are usually wherever tofu is (typically the produce section). I always use them to make tacos. You just have to watch how much of the taco seasoning you use, because unlike regular meat the salt will just sit there, so I use a tad more water, while simmering the sauce. Throwing some onions and green peppers in with the crumbles will give more flavor while sautee-ing.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd February 2010, 10:17 am

Thanks for the tips. I may have to give it a try....without my hubby knowing of course. TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 16 Icon_lol

He told me wasnt gonna eat any veggie patties and ended up eating two.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd February 2010, 10:35 am

Good Morning TerraD....

I hope you are feeling better ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 3rd February 2010, 2:42 pm

LOL. Thanks Blondebydesire! I do feel better. I'm thinking the headache was from the elevation change, form Palm Springs!

So, last night I took my time and oiled my scalp with a combo of castor oil and tea tree oil/olive oil. While oiling my scalp I noticed that I have a patch of breakage in the back. It's a small part of my "kitchen". It's in the middle and either side of it is near APL (I can't quite tell if it is APL, my aunt said it was, which means I reached a new goal TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 16 617583. But I can't celebrate if I have breakage TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 16 Icon_mad ), the breakage area is in between my shoulder blades. I have no clue how this happened, but I do remember that when I wore my hair straight, that area would break off when I wore buns. Of course, my hair is much stronger now, but when it's wet I have the tendency to pull it too taut. I may have to stop doing the banding method while my hair is wet, but it helps keep my roots nice and smooth! So besides the castor challenge, I will be working to grow that section, so that it can catch up with it's friends. After noticing that section, I applied an oil mix to my ends, detangled a little and then sealed with a crap-ton of shea butter. I twisted the bun into four sections, twisted those together and pinned it into the bun and went to sleep!

Hasta Luego Chicas!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 4th February 2010, 2:38 pm

Hey girlies!
Last night I did nothing to my hair. I did start twisting the back up and bobby pinning before putting in a bun, to reduce tension. I did not need to oil my scalp, it was pretty moisturized still, so maybe I need to use a bit less when I oil.
I'm getting anxious still waiting to hear back from the hospital. I'm supposed to hear from them by tomorrow. I will keep everyone posted!

Have a great day!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th February 2010, 12:56 am

I will pray for you for the job! Enjoy your evening.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 5th February 2010, 9:58 am

Good luck! They will call. Stay positive.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th February 2010, 11:11 am

You better come in here and post that good news as soon as you hear!! Very Happy
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th February 2010, 2:42 pm

Well I can come in here in post the good news, but it's not the good news we'd all hoped!!!!! So I did not get the position, they had no feedback to give, kept saying that they thought I was "great" TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 16 Icon_rolleyes . Enter good news....After getting off the phone with them, I did shed a couple tears, from frustration but then I got a call from the County hospital letting me know that I should be receiving a letter from them over the next few days, to prep me for the entrance exam. And one of my fave hospitals in Pasadena opened a new grad position, that I immediately applied for. So, God works in mysterious ways. I have never been through trials like this and I know that my faith in God has already quadrupled! I just think he's trying to tell me that as much as I love the Children's Hospital, it's not for me. Every time I walked into the CHLA I counted those that were highly pigmented and came up with one hand so I pray it's not a race thing with them!

As far as my hair, I'm going to cowash tonight!!!! And do an oil rinse!!!! Henna's still not here, but I can't wait. My hair needs water ASAP! Last night I did 45 minutes of a new workout plan, that is supposed to help my muscles firm up, so I'm not a weak, skinny girl (not a good combo). I'm aware that I will always be slim, but I want to have something to me, so I'm focusing on toning and strengthening!

Have a great day ladies!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next