CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

+50
MellowOne
Karyn
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
Nikcoils
KeishaMac
TheRYL1
cutephantasm
Cherry: extraordinary!
Erica5417
neethair
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
p_nuttie43
NaturalChica
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
truet
Pi*Jay
dajewel
sweetdrk1
lovesunshine17
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
Keisha
ytiznatural
Winnielours
Enchantment
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
HumanNature
crustaceans
ChrsLvsBks
beautifuleyez
tiashaunteé
curlycaramelo
nmoultry
BajanPrincess82
Free2009
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
teri-teri-boberry
crvng4mr
TerraD
54 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 18 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by TerraD 10th February 2010, 2:57 pm

LOL @ keisha.
@d.denise: The bun was ok, not stellar. I will work on over the next few days before dishing!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 18 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by TerraD 10th February 2010, 3:03 pm

Last night I oiled and scalp massaged. I also sealed my ends with shea. Yesterday's workout did not cause my body temp to increase a single degree, LOL. But my arms were feeling it! Today is back and shoulders. Here's Wednesday:

-15-20 mins of cardio
-25 jumping jacks w/wts in each hand
-20 lateral raises per arm (feet shoulder width apart w/wt in each hand. Raise right hand in front/shoulder height and lower. Alternate w/left hand.)
-20 shoulder presses (hands @ sides w/ weight in each hand. Bend arms and position hands in front of shoulders with palms facing forward. Raise arms above head until straight. Lower slowly and repeat)

Have a great day ladies!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 10th February 2010, 3:28 pm

Hey chica...just checking in on you!
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 10th February 2010, 4:29 pm

Hey. I'm good pinkrage, on the job hunt! How are you?
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th February 2010, 7:08 pm

Hey just checking in.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 10th February 2010, 7:29 pm

Hey Sheetac! How are you?
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th February 2010, 7:48 pm

Your workout schedule is Awesome...I need to be this disciplined..thanks for the motivation. I want to see the bun..where are the pics?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 10th February 2010, 7:59 pm

Thanks, I'm tired of being a skinny minny, I want to at least be a toned skinny minny hehe. The bun is just mediocre, it's not cool enough to be posted LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 11th February 2010, 6:27 pm

Good afternoon ladies!!!

Still nothing new, with the do (Sorry I like rhyming TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 18 Icon_lol ) I wore my hair in a messy bun yesterday. Today I will be re-inventing my cinnabun and pics will definitely follow! Tonight I will be mixing my henna and letting it sit overnight. I will post details tomorrow, though this will be my first time leaving it on overnight TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 18 Icon_eek . This is the mix I will be using:
-1 box Jamila henna
-about 2 cups of chamomile/peppermint tea (3-4bags)
-2 Tbsp honey or castor oil

I am not sure if I will do my workout tonight, because henna usually tires me out! But if I do it will be butt, legs and abs!
Here's thursday (or friday LOL)

-15-20 min of cardio
-30 donkeys/15 per leg (on all fours, with back straight bring right knee to chest and kick straight out and up. Return to starting position and switch legs.)
-15 chair dips (from tuesdays workout)
-20 pelvic lifts (lie on back with knees bent, feet flat and arms at sides. Raise butt toward ceiling and lower slowly. Repeat.)
-40 oblique lifts/20 per side (lie on back, knees bent, hands behind head. Using stomach muscles lift head and shoulders off the floor as you rotate torso to the right. Repeat and switch sides.

Enjoy!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th February 2010, 7:04 pm

I giggled at "30 donkeys" Laughing
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th February 2010, 7:11 pm

tiashauntee wrote:I giggled at "30 donkeys" Laughing

Haha me too!!! But boy do those suckers work!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 11th February 2010, 7:21 pm

LOL. I laughed as I typed it.
@bholmes: They totally work! No Pain, no gain!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 12th February 2010, 12:21 pm

Terra,

I didn't know you were from Detroit too! DETROIT IN THE HOUSE!!

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 18 678474 TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 18 617583 TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 18 678474
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 12th February 2010, 3:10 pm

You're from detroit! Sweet!!!!! woot! Woot!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 12th February 2010, 6:07 pm

Morning Ladies!

I am sitting in conditioner! My henna application went well. I used the combo stated above. I cowashed with Hello Hydration, Aussie Moist and Suave Tropical coconut. My DC was composed of Aussie Moist, olive oil, and TJ's balanced moisture condish. I put on a plastic cap and a bonnet. I will be rocking this until 6pm.
I did learn a few things this time:
1) I need to add more liquid so that the henna stretches. I have a small head and my one box barely made it, but it was really thick as I got to the bottom of my container.
2) The honey does help to smooth out the henna.
3) Instead of dunking my head in the tub, it works better to get on my knees and hold my head under the strong flow of the tub faucet. I was able to get 98% of the henna out this way.

My hair absolutely loves henna! My hair was noticeably stronger while I cowashed. I think I may do it every three weeks! I may wear my hair out this weekend, I'm terrified that wearing buns will continue to damage my kitchen area in the back! I'm being the worse bun month-er ever! Two weeks in and I'm chicken-ing out!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th February 2010, 6:13 pm

TerraD wrote:I may wear my hair out this weekend, I'm terrified that wearing buns will continue to damage my kitchen area in the back! I'm being the worse bun month-er ever! Two weeks in and I'm chicken-ing out!

LOL, yes you are chickening out! You have to move the buns around and that way the tension does not stay in the same spot. You have options of high buns, low buns, and both sides. Don't quit! Retain the length! cheers
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 12th February 2010, 6:52 pm

LOL. Thanks tia!!!! That did inspire me. Buns, Buns and more Buns! Here I come!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 12th February 2010, 8:05 pm

Terra, how did your curl pattern turn out. I'm so hesitant because of the talk about how henna loosens the curl pattern.

I wish I could wear a bun. This fro of mine is so tight that when I pull it back its and automatic pony puff ha haha!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 12th February 2010, 8:15 pm

I already have an awkward curl pattern. It definitely loosens it. Since your curl pattern is pretty uniform, it wouldn't be bad! And it pops back after a couple cowashes!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 12th February 2010, 8:17 pm

The only reason you should be mentioning chicken is if you're a Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!! lol!

You can do it Terra! You'll make it through this month of buns Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 12th February 2010, 9:02 pm

LOL! I would love to say Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 12th February 2010, 10:23 pm

Me too!!!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th February 2010, 1:00 pm

I applaud you on your exercise routine; however, if I get on the floor to do any exercises I will be sleep in 30 seconds flat. I have no discipline at all!!!

Anyway...I think I'm going to do a henna real soon..so thanks for sharing your mixture.

Wishing you a Happy Valentine Day
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th February 2010, 6:46 pm

Good Food for Thought on the blog!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 13th February 2010, 7:34 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Good Food for Thought on the blog!!!

I second that!! Loved it Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next