CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

+50
MellowOne
Karyn
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
Nikcoils
KeishaMac
TheRYL1
cutephantasm
Cherry: extraordinary!
Erica5417
neethair
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
p_nuttie43
NaturalChica
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
truet
Pi*Jay
dajewel
sweetdrk1
lovesunshine17
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
Keisha
ytiznatural
Winnielours
Enchantment
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
HumanNature
crustaceans
ChrsLvsBks
beautifuleyez
tiashaunteé
curlycaramelo
nmoultry
BajanPrincess82
Free2009
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
teri-teri-boberry
crvng4mr
TerraD
54 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 10 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by TerraD 2nd January 2010, 3:13 am

Thanks ladies! I am now sitting with my face covered with Cortisone 10 and I'm about to pop a Benadryl! Guess who's going to sleep like a baby? LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 10 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd January 2010, 3:16 am

The Benadryl should have you back to normal in no time and make sure you wash off really good just to make sure none of the detergent is still lingering around.
The same thing happened to me in college-I thought I was dying....and the infirmary was closed. LOL
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 2nd January 2010, 3:20 am

LOL @ tiashauntee! Girl, I have been acting like a baby, because it itches and burns!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd January 2010, 3:21 am

I know the feeling all too well. Hopefully it will be over when you wake up.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 2nd January 2010, 3:21 am

I hope so! Thanks girl!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd January 2010, 5:09 pm

Just checking in to see if you are feeling better. I hope you are.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2010, 7:08 pm

I hope you are feeling better too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 2nd January 2010, 7:25 pm

I am feeling better! Thanks Chrs and Lynnie! My face looks 95% better. I still have a few areas that feel a little scratchy, but I am relieved! Now, I just have to get rid of this horrible headache. LOL If it isn't one thing, it's another!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th January 2010, 4:12 am

Today I was going to post pics of my bantu knot out, but they were practically soaking wet when I took them down. I had no time to wait, so I pinned both sides back and ended up with a nice looking fro in the back LOL. My friend kept saying how cute it looked, I was mortified though. I had absolutely no curl definition because of the bantu knots! I will attempt tiashauntee's double bun tomorrow!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 5th January 2010, 4:24 am

I'm glad you're feeling better. I have sensitive skin and I know allergic reactions, especially on your face, are no fun.

Maybe you didn't like the Bantu Knots because you took them down while wet. I believe you're supposed to leave them in for a while.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th January 2010, 4:28 am

You're right! I've done them before and it came out great, this was the first time it remained so wet! I will try them again soon. I just wanted to try them on fresh out of the shower hair, but maybe they have to be partially dry!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th January 2010, 9:50 am

glad everything worked out
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 11:34 am

TerraD wrote:Today I was going to post pics of my bantu knot out, but they were practically soaking wet when I took them down. I had no time to wait, so I pinned both sides back and ended up with a nice looking fro in the back LOL. My friend kept saying how cute it looked, I was mortified though. I had absolutely no curl definition because of the bantu knots! I will attempt tiashauntee's double bun tomorrow!

My bantu knots have never dried when I have done them on wet hair...never.

I can't wait to see your double bun!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th January 2010, 2:58 pm

I cant wait to see the double bun too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th January 2010, 3:50 pm

Changed my mind about the double bun, LOL. I think I am going to attempt 2 strand twists again and hope they do not unravel. If they stay, I will commit to keeping them until Feb. (even if I have to go in and re-twist). I think I'm going to dust my ends today, they've been feeling a little rough! I will post pics of my twists as they are born! LOL I'm going to buy setting lotion to make the Curly Nikki setting lotion for my twists so hopefully it's a success! Wish me luck!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 3:54 pm

To keep my ends from unraveling I make sure they are wet, apply some shea, and twirl them around my finger. Works every time
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th January 2010, 4:10 pm

Thanks I was just going to edit my post to ask if anyone has any tips! I'm worried about this, but I hope it works! I'm about to eat breakfast and go get that setting lotion!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 4:25 pm

TerraD wrote:Thanks I was just going to edit my post to ask if anyone has any tips! I'm worried about this, but I hope it works! I'm about to eat breakfast and go get that setting lotion!

Dang breakfast....I just finished lunch about an hour ago. LOL

BTW...your testimony has me wanting to run laps around the building
Smile
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th January 2010, 4:28 pm

LOL, my mom says that all the time. And by the time I eat lunch, you all are eating dinner.
Thanks; God doing what he does best!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 5th January 2010, 4:52 pm

TerraD, when I do my 2 strand twist I HAVE to set the ends to perm rods, if I dont they untwist as soon as I twist them, that's why the ones I did after Christmas sucked. I can't wait to see yours.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th January 2010, 5:35 pm

I know, mine just always have a mind of their own. I'm going to try what tiashauntee suggested with the water and shea twirling technique!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 6th January 2010, 5:30 pm

So I did the two strand twists. The ends still don't curl like I want them to, but they did not unravel (Thanks tiashauntee!). I used the CurlyNikki setting lotion to moisturize each twist, after spritzing with a little of my mist (water, infusium 23 leave-in, castor oil, glycerin) to dampen my dried hair. I braided my uncooperative side, because it always unravels. Here are pics from last night, when I finished:
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 10 Photo_46
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 10 Photo_47

and this morning, I put them in a bun:
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 10 Photo_48
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 10 Photo_49
Notice the left over scarring on my forehead (darn allergic reaction! TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 10 Kopfschuettel ) Please give me any tips you have to remove scarring from hives!

Have a great day and pray that I can keep these twists in until the 31st!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th January 2010, 5:38 pm

Cute!! Good luck on them lasting until 31st!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 6th January 2010, 5:53 pm

cute! try curling the ends with the straws or something else really small.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 6th January 2010, 5:54 pm

They look good. Try dipping one of twist in some water and see if it curls up for you.

Until the 31st....we can do it!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next