CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th

+35
cyclingchick
Mom2KurlyT
poeticlyspkng
priceless
QuietButterfly
Curly_Aquarius
NylaCoils
krazy coils
V'Tor
KnottyKinkyMommy
ktoliver5303
Nikcoils
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
jcanalena79
NikG20
bholmes87
mochamoments
MellowOne
missmoriah
LaToya28
CocoEuro
KinkyNappyHappy
CrissyQ
MahoganyCurls
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
Juices-n-Berries
NubieNatty
mstokes2008
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
NhappyJackie
39 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th Empty NhappyJackie: Checking in for my 1 year NAPPIVERSARY!!!!!

Post by NhappyJackie 15th March 2010, 6:41 pm

I have been lurking over here for I don't know how long, but the time has come for me to join the butters-N-bars challenge ladies. I hope to gain from this experience as much knowledge as you other ladies have. So far, here is what I know about my hair:
1. hates olive oil......that's right....haven't heard too many naturals say that
2. loves water and other oils

Current products:
Garnier Fructis Moisture Works.......used it for about 3months but it seemed like it didn't detangle well after that. So I moved on.
HEHH...I like it, not in love, but I like it
Sheamoisture leave-in.....love it
Cantu Sheabutter leave-in.....it's okay but has been replaced by Sheamoisture. I keep it around for emergencies
Sheabutter mix (sheabutter, coconut, almond, and jojoba oil, glycerin, and vitamin E)
AloeVera Gel
IC Fantasia Gel
ORS Twist and loc Gel
(I recently mixed my sheamix with all of my gels and got great hold, definition and moisture)

Current regimen:
Co-Wash 1-2/week
DC 1/week
Shampoo 1/2-3months as needed

Why am I here?
To learn. Simple as that. Recently I've done a successful set of 2strand twists that I plan on wearing for a week. (They are gawjus!!!!! LOL). I want to challenge myself to protective styling, but I tend to get lazy. It took me about 6hrs to twist my hair and I can't see myself spending that much time doing my hair everyweekend. Maybe I'll get better and faster at it...who knows.

Last edited by NhappyJackie on 16th November 2010, 12:17 pm; edited 11 times in total
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th Empty Re: NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th

Post by SheeTacular 15th March 2010, 6:50 pm

Welcome
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th Empty Re: NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th

Post by sweetdrk1 15th March 2010, 6:56 pm

Welcome..wow 6 hours? Are they mini twist?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 15th March 2010, 6:57 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 15th March 2010, 6:58 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Welcome..wow 6 hours? Are they mini twist?

Yes ma'am. Here is a pic of them that I took this morning (day 3).
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th 2stran15
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th 2stran16
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 15th March 2010, 7:23 pm

Welcome! Your twists look really good
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th March 2010, 9:57 pm

welcome!! dmn 6 hrs!! whew..im dreadin anything over 2 hrs. my head would be lookin like Martin; when he went to the temple to "find himself" and joined the cult...

urs came out good and love the color!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 16th March 2010, 10:38 am

mstokes2008 wrote:Welcome! Your twists look really good

Thanks
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 16th March 2010, 10:45 am

NubieNatty wrote:welcome!! dmn 6 hrs!! whew..im dreadin anything over 2 hrs. my head would be lookin like Martin; when he went to the temple to "find himself" and joined the cult...

urs came out good and love the color!!

LOL @ Martin "Naageerambaaa!!!" And, when I don't do anything to my hair, I feel like I look like him...sad I know. Oh, and this is my natural hair color by the way. God is good!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 16th March 2010, 10:46 am

Welcome. Please post more pics. :-)

and Nubie u always keep us laughing. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 16th March 2010, 11:21 am

Welcome and yay for mini twists! You should try to keep them for more than a week if you can.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 16th March 2010, 11:57 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Welcome. Please post more pics. :-)

and Nubie u always keep us laughing. Lol.

Thanks, Nubie is hilarius!!!

CocaColaCutie wrote:Welcome and yay for mini twists! You should try to keep them for more than a week if you can.

I am going to try my best to keep them in for two weeks, but I don't know how. I usually co-wash and DC 1/week, but I am unsure if they will hold up during the co-wash. I guess I can go an extra week without co-washing or DC'ing but I'm not sure if that will do any damage. Hopefully, if practice makes perfect it will put a dent in the time too because I really love this style and my mornings are so much easier than with the washNgo. I am going to keep searching the board for tips on how to maintain for more than a week.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th March 2010, 11:18 pm

Welcome!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th March 2010, 12:16 am

Welcome to the Challenge!!!

Now why you gone wait until there is only 14 or 15 days left in the challenge? LOL!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2010, 12:26 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Welcome to the Challenge!!!

Now why you gone wait until there is only 14 or 15 days left in the challenge? LOL!!!

WELCOME AND DITTO THAT Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 17th March 2010, 10:58 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Welcome to the Challenge!!!

WELCOME AND DITTO THAT NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th Icon_lol

Ya know......I didn't even realize it was that late in the game until yall said something NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th Icon_rolleyes , Oh well, it just for fun anyway. So, I'll act like I've been here the whole time LOL. Can't believe it's March already and in the double digits at that!!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th March 2010, 11:05 am

Love those twist!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 17th March 2010, 11:13 am

Hello and welcome ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 17th March 2010, 11:45 am

Welcome!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 17th March 2010, 12:10 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:Welcome!

Thanks, I was looking on your thread and saw where you posted before and after pics and that reminded me of something. It would be nice if I filled yall in on my journey huh..... Well heregoes!!!!

Long story short....I've just about always had long hair unless I cut it in a style. My curiousity got the best of me when I found CurlyNikki. Here is my hair transitioning:
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th P1000347-viIt was a rod set pulled up in the back. My edges had been thin all my life. But when I had my baby I went 2months in between perms (My grandma said my pores were still open so I shouldn't perm....LOL) But when I did perm I noticed that my edges were thicker. Then I said, maybe I just go longer in between perms from now on. Around the 6wk mark someone mention going natural, which is something I've never heard of. It was obvious that the perms were thinning out my edges, but I didn't realize there was another option. So, I found CN and the rest is history.
I did my BC 12wks after my last relaxer:
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th P1000407-viNhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th P1000413-vi
And I've been stalking forums and youtube every since!!!!!!!!! NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th Icon_lol
The comments from family and friends were no big deal. Those that supported were appreciated, those who did not support where reminded of the fact that I am grown, married, with 2 kids, my mortgage is in my name and so are the cars. Meaning, I owe them nothing. Since then, they call me so I can talk them out of perming their kids hair and give the ideas on ways to style and moisturize and seal.
It's been 4months since my BC and I am growing strong loving every minute of it.

Length 2wks after BC
NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th P1000458-viNhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th P1000459-vi

Length today (4 months later)

NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th 969294132ce2__1268811032000NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th 0c975202d647__1268811060000
Please excuse the face, low key day at work = no make-up
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 17th March 2010, 1:43 pm

Welcome!! There is still plenty of time for the challenge it doesn't end until April 30th. Plenty of time to win a prize!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 17th March 2010, 3:49 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Love those twist!

Thanks, I'm trying to master it like you and Lynnieluv

BlondeByDesire wrote:Hello and welcome ...

Thanks

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Welcome!! There is still plenty of time for the challenge it doesn't end until April 30th. Plenty of time to win a prize!!

Thanks, I guess I have more than 14 or 15 days huh...LOL!!! And April 30th is a great day to finish off the challenge, that's my ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 17th March 2010, 5:18 pm

I have so much going on in my life right now yet not enough. Lately I have been wanting two things to happen.
1. Loose weight/begin a healthier lifestyle NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th Icon_cheers
2. Grow healthy hair NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th Icon_rr

To accomplish these I have some work to do.

For my weight loss I am eating healthier and working out. Just started Last week and things are already getting easier. Not sure how much because I am almost embarrased to step on a scale for Goodness Sake.

For my hair I want to do a protective challenge. I want to switch up the styles, but keep my hair protected until my anniversary, 4/30 then I will treat myself to a washNgo.

If you have any weight loss tips (in addition to what is posted weekly) or protective style ideas for a twa it would be greatly appreciated.
For the meantime, I'll continue to lurk the boards and other internet sites for ideas.

Thanks ladies NhappyJackie: Checking in on Jan. 20th Icon_sunny
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th March 2010, 11:16 pm

Hi there and welcome!

Please check out sparkpeople.com. I love it. There is a thread on it in the Health and Fitness section. So far, I have lost 9 pounds (joined January 27). They have a lot of great tools and if you use them, you will lose the weight and the inches. Hope you the best in your journeys.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 18th March 2010, 9:28 am

Hey momma how are you? glad you introduced me to this board, i love it. Your hair lookd great!!!!!!! As you can see I am starting over, o well. I will c u around.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next