CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

+50
MellowOne
Karyn
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
Nikcoils
KeishaMac
TheRYL1
cutephantasm
Cherry: extraordinary!
Erica5417
neethair
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
p_nuttie43
NaturalChica
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
truet
Pi*Jay
dajewel
sweetdrk1
lovesunshine17
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
Keisha
ytiznatural
Winnielours
Enchantment
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
HumanNature
crustaceans
ChrsLvsBks
beautifuleyez
tiashaunteé
curlycaramelo
nmoultry
BajanPrincess82
Free2009
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
teri-teri-boberry
crvng4mr
TerraD
54 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 9 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by Lynnieluve 26th December 2009, 11:28 am

Your meal looks good! It makes me want to fix some leftovers at 8:30am.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 9 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by Freestyles 26th December 2009, 11:36 am

*drooling on my laptop* That Christmas dinner looks yummy! Boy, I hate that I was late to collect my plate!

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 9 Lol
---Reese TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 9 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 26th December 2009, 12:38 pm

I love the oil rinse....I am doing one this weekend (unless laziness takes over). Ponytails holders are differently a great way to stretch out those roots. It made my roller set so much easier.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 26th December 2009, 3:38 pm

Thanks d.denise and HumanNature!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 28th December 2009, 2:54 pm

So. A few great things are going on in my life.

-Tons of family/friends have stepped in to spiritually and emotionally support me through my job struggle here in LA. I am applying to a bunch of recommended hospitals, so I know God is going to make a way.

-I started working out, Woot! Ok, not really working out, but toning. It's tough too. I watched and favorited a few Pilates vids. Check them out here on my youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheModelNurse.
I took those and composed a quick workout for myself. This stuff is great, it reminds me of the exercises we did in my ballet classes in college. I'm a trained ballet/pointe dancer, but after two foot surgeries I'm afraid to get back in. This is a great way to get my muscle tone back, because my body was banging back then, I was solid, but still slim!
So I plan on doing this every day except sunday.

-I am still debating my veganism. I'm pretty sure I'm going to just convert to vegetarian, which is wierd since I still can't have dairy (GI issues). We will see, but I need to get more calories into my diet for the increase in metabolism that I will experience from working out. I have already incorporated Hemp protein into my diet (shakes/smoothies).

-My hair. Wow! What can I say. It's loving me and I'm loving her. BTW Her name is Mujer Maravilla (Wonder Woman)! I have learned so much about her in the past two months and my regimen is going to be BOMB for next year. She loves being rebraided or twisted at night and that makes it easier to sleep and it protects my ends. I can't wait to see how much length I retain by spring.

-Also a friend that I've made since being in LA is really beginning to open up to me. I do feel that God places us in the lives of others, for a reason. With God on our side I'm sure she will see her worth and realize that God is preparing a wonderful man for her! By talking to her I'm helping myself realize that singleness is a great time to learn and understand how God works.

Have a great day ladies! I'm off to apply for another job, in person!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th December 2009, 4:35 pm

Still loving my braid out! Here are pics....
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 9 Photo_41

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 9 Photo_42

I re-braid every night. I add Organix Shea Butter condish, and I pile Kemi Oyl on the ends, set with end papers and roll the ends with a flexi rod. Voila! I think I will do this for New Year's Eve as well. I may add a few more braids to conceal the parts better.
Have a great day!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 29th December 2009, 8:38 pm

lovely braidout Terra, does rebraiding nightly help with volume? does it get bigger?
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th December 2009, 9:22 pm

It gets bigger as long as I don't detangle too much each night! LOL Thanks Siren!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 30th December 2009, 12:05 am

Your braid out looks good. Show a pic of how you braid it, how many braids did you do? I did a braid out for Christmas (plaits) but it fell flat. Next time I'll rebraid to see if the volume will come as the days go by, Siren also suggested this.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 30th December 2009, 3:22 am

Ok. I will post pics tomorrow.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 30th December 2009, 2:28 pm

So I have pics of how I braid my hair. I do two flat cornrows (1 on each side) and two french braids in the back (1 at the top, 1 at the bottom). And this is all done on dry hair, using condish and oil for the ends!

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 9 Photo_43
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 9 Photo_44

Now, I'm excited about New Year's Eve!!!!!! I decided to add a little pizazz to my hair. I think I may flat twist up either the front left side or the entire left side. I'm hoping to achieve a side-swept look! I'm going to try to find a pic!

Have a great day ladies!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 31st December 2009, 12:20 am

Thanks for the pics, I'm going to try your routine. I'll let you know how it goes.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 31st December 2009, 1:03 am

Thanks for posting the pictures...it makes it so much easier to see how you create your BEAUTIFUL Braidouts! And it seems much more simple than I thought!

How'd your in person application/interview go?
---Reese TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 9 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 31st December 2009, 1:10 am

I did not get the job, so I'm back to the drawing board LOL!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st December 2009, 2:25 pm

Yes, God has the right job for you at the right time. Continue to trust in Him (Proverbs 3:5-6). The passage has gotten me through a lot of trials and tribulations. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

I was single for many years. It is a time of great discovery. Having single friends can help you. I am glad you are helping someone and in turn helping yourself.

Your braidout is simple, cute and full. I will try your technique.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 31st December 2009, 3:50 pm

I love that you are being positive about your job search! Another verse I lean on when I'm not sure of where I'm headed (but I know God is) is Jeremiah 29:11 - HE knows the plans he has for you! Good luck girlie! What are you doing for NYE?
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 31st December 2009, 5:52 pm

Thanks ladies!!! I will read and save both of those passages.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 31st December 2009, 5:53 pm

For my hair I did flat twists on the side and did neat braids all over, for a cute braidout for NYE! I will post pics of how I positioned the braids and what it looks like after fluffing! Talk to you all next year!!!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 1st January 2010, 8:18 pm

My hair turned out great! I will post pics later. Hope everyone has a prosperous, love-filled New Year!!!!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 1st January 2010, 9:31 pm

BTW, I had an allergic reaction to the detergent that my friend uses for her laundry. I have tons of small white bumps on my face, neck and chest! I am now headed to work at Macy's, which is a bummer because I feel ugly and gross. Please wish me luck....and post any tips on how to clear this up!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st January 2010, 11:43 pm

Happy New Year!

Great to hear about your hair. I look forward to pictures.

Sorry to hear about your reaction. I hope you find something to clear it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st January 2010, 11:49 pm

i would try benadryl
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st January 2010, 11:51 pm

Have you tried taking Benedryl? Also drink as much water as possible to flush your system..that works for me. I am allergic to air it seems!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st January 2010, 11:51 pm

lol@ Shee like mines...
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 2nd January 2010, 12:07 am

i know sweet!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next