CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

+50
MellowOne
Karyn
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
Nikcoils
KeishaMac
TheRYL1
cutephantasm
Cherry: extraordinary!
Erica5417
neethair
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
p_nuttie43
NaturalChica
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
truet
Pi*Jay
dajewel
sweetdrk1
lovesunshine17
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
Keisha
ytiznatural
Winnielours
Enchantment
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
HumanNature
crustaceans
ChrsLvsBks
beautifuleyez
tiashaunteé
curlycaramelo
nmoultry
BajanPrincess82
Free2009
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
teri-teri-boberry
crvng4mr
TerraD
54 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by Freestyles 17th December 2009, 11:09 am

I know you were joking! TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Lol

As for the Asisan lady? Ummm..."You people" has always made me cringe, even when I was a little girl. But, I think it was a compliment - just wasn't properly delivered. TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Affraid

I lived in a small rural town (with people that don't look like me, hint-hint) and while at the gym one day a older white gentleman saw me reading "The Purpose Driven Life" while on the treadmill. He approaches me and says, "Young lady, I see what you are reading and I would just like to invite you to my church, we have "colored's" there!" Really? Colored's? WTFreak?
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Confused

The point is, initially I was offended but soon realized one, where I lived, and two, that the point was that he felt comfortable enough to invite me to his home church! It warmed my heart after the initial shock wore off!

Guess what else? The old man's name was Denzel! TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Icon_lol

---Reese TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by TerraD 17th December 2009, 11:14 am

@ tiashauntee: Yeah. I was like did she just say that? Last week a lady asked how I got my hair curly. I told her I twist it up at night while wet. She goes "Oh ok, because I know your hair should be kinkier". I felt my face get hot but I didn't reply. That's when people lose their "ligion" LOL

@ Freestyles: LOL. I understand what you mean. Some people are moving a little more slowly into the new century!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th December 2009, 11:24 am

I love the birthday pics!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2009, 1:00 pm

Freestyles wrote:I know you were joking! TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Lol

As for the Asisan lady? Ummm..."You people" has always made me cringe, even when I was a little girl. But, I think it was a compliment - just wasn't properly delivered. TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Affraid

I lived in a small rural town (with people that don't look like me, hint-hint) and while at the gym one day a older white gentleman saw me reading "The Purpose Driven Life" while on the treadmill. He approaches me and says, "Young lady, I see what you are reading and I would just like to invite you to my church, we have "colored's" there!" Really? Colored's? WTFreak?
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Confused

The point is, initially I was offended but soon realized one, where I lived, and two, that the point was that he felt comfortable enough to invite me to his home church! It warmed my heart after the initial shock wore off!

Guess what else? The old man's name was Denzel! TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Icon_lol

---Reese TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Icon_rr

Girl, you are good!!!!!!!! When I read that (bold), my heart skipped a beat and my eyes were like this TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Affraid . I live in MS and no one has called me "colored" to my face. I dont know what my reaction would have been. I probably would have flown off the treadmill. LOL!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 17th December 2009, 11:45 pm

TerraD wrote:@ tiashauntee: Yeah. I was like did she just say that? Last week a lady asked how I got my hair curly. I told her I twist it up at night while wet. She goes "Oh ok, because I know your hair should be kinkier". I felt my face get hot but I didn't reply. That's when people lose their "ligion" LOL!

Wait a minute? Now that comment would have pissed me off! Do you know how the hair grows out of my head? And so what, you just asked because you wanted to confirm that it shoulda been kinkier? Some nerve. I won't even ask the race of the lady...I'm scared. There was no "hidden" compliment in that comment. I would politely ask her to remove herself from my sight! The AUDACITY!

--Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th December 2009, 2:07 am

LOL. She was definitely caucasian and I just ignored her, so i didn't snap.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th December 2009, 3:09 am

I would have asked her "what in the world do you mean by that?" with a very irritated look on my face. And then watch her squirm her way out of the foot that was already in her mouth. TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Icon_rr

But you know what, I have discovered black people say the same stupid things. I told my natural aunt I was transitioning, she said "yeah you can do that because we dont have nappy hair anyway." WHAT??????? TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th December 2009, 3:50 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
But you know what, I have discovered black people say the same stupid things. I told my natural aunt I was transitioning, she said "yeah you can do that because we dont have nappy hair anyway." WHAT??????? TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes

LOL. My mom would say that when asked why she didn't give my sisters and I relaxers. "My kids don't have nappy hair, they don't need relaxers" LOL.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th December 2009, 4:05 am

lol TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th December 2009, 7:01 pm

TerraD, I tried the cinnabon. It is truly a rough draft-i was just practicing to see if I could do it. I think my problem was my hair was too long for motorcitymoxie's instructions. I found another vid where the girls twisted each section more times and it worked for me. I am going to try this for real really soon.
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Dscn0013
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th December 2009, 7:15 pm

Is that you on the video Nikki posted (St Louis news)?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 18th December 2009, 7:16 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Is that you on the video Nikki posted (St Louis news)?

I was just coming over here to say you're a celebrity now!!! lol
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th December 2009, 7:17 pm

So, it was her, correct? I thought I knew that face, LOL.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th December 2009, 7:20 pm

@ Tia - have you watched Misskrisnew on YouTube? She has a bun tutorial too but I am not sure if it is the Cinnabun but it is super cute.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 18th December 2009, 7:27 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure that was her! If not we need to let her know she has a twin lurking around the forum lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th December 2009, 7:35 pm

I think it was here too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th December 2009, 7:42 pm

That was her. TerraD is famous!!!!!!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 18th December 2009, 10:34 pm

Autograph please? *wink-wink*

--Reese TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 18th December 2009, 10:46 pm

I always get a kick out of coming to your BnB folder. The things you go through on day to day basis lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 18th December 2009, 11:22 pm

yeah, i thought it was terraD!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 18th December 2009, 11:27 pm

TerraD wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:

LOL. My mom would say that when asked why she didn't give my sisters and I relaxers. "My kids don't have nappy hair, they don't need relaxers" LOL.

a family friend had went natural about a year ago by BC. her hair was so fab!! we saw her again in October. she still had the short hair cut, but she let some of her curls grow out a bit. i told a family member that she looked really nice, and the family member said that she must have had a relaxer cuz her family never have good hair like that.

Last edited by dajewel on 18th December 2009, 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th December 2009, 11:33 pm

That was me Woot! Woot! LOL. Nikki made me famous LOL. I love you guys, you all are so silly!

@tiashauntee: I love your cinnabun! My hair was too long to do it her way so I twist the lower half of my strands and tuck them inside and pin! It doesn't turn out as big as hers but it looks cute!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th December 2009, 4:39 am

dajewel wrote:
TerraD wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:

a family friend had went natural about a year ago by BC. her hair was so fab!! we saw her again in October. she still had the short hair cut, but she let some of her curls grow out a bit. i told a family member that she looked really nice, and the family member said that she must have had a relaxer cuz her family never have good hair like that.

hahahlol@dajewel... TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th December 2009, 4:40 am

your famous TERRAD.... TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 6 Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th December 2009, 10:44 pm

lol what they said, all of them!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next