CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

+33
Intelligentbeauty
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
curly-me-naturally
curlsunfurled
coilykinks
iri9109
nattyblog
LadyMika
CrissyQ
LaToya28
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Nikcoils
CocaColaCutie
Serenity23
CocoEuro
DvaAuNaturel
TheRYL1
AfrikanLatina
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
dajewel
KinkyNappyHappy
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
priceless
37 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by priceless 18th July 2010, 10:44 pm

thanks for the reponses ladies. I did not retwist but i will next time. to see the effects
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by nattyblog 19th July 2010, 1:00 pm

So....any new pics? Very Happy
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 23rd July 2010, 1:32 am

hello curlies

Sorry i have not been on here lately. I been busy with alot of family things and work.

Hair
The hair is growing and i been trying to actually see if i can work a twist style. not yet there yet but i tied. I have abunance of head bands that i have been wearing for the summer. I been forgetting to take pictures in everyone of them. i know i know I been slacking.

products
I have all the ingredents for the kimmey tube leave in. I will be mixing that tomorrow.
I really love hello hydration when I 1st started my journey and now it is doing nothing for my hair. I decided to go back to it after using no cones and sulfates. I guess I really have to retire it ugh. It just feels like my hair does this major stretch thing when i use it. I used it as cowash what i use to use it as previously.
I have found a all natural store 2 blocks from my house. It is not a cheap spot but they have majority of the natural products that i would not for mixing things together. I have purchased so far from them as follows
EVCO, Jojoba oil, aloe ver gelly, and aloe vera juice.
I mix EVCO, EVOO, castor oil, and a few drops of tea tree oil Question is this to much for a scalp moisturizer? even if i did mix to many oils Drama is well moisturized and not mushy. so I think it is actually working.

Website
I was told that I should get hired by the site because anytime someone ask me about my hair I refer them to the website. What? I love the site and think it is very informative.

Life
This weekend was the most I have been outside in the hot TX sun as long as i can remember. I had to take my qualifaction classes for my motorcycle classes. I hated my hair coming out that helmet. I really had to wash it like twice a day from all that sweat. My body also got a work out. I did not realize that you have to be some what in shape to ride a motorcycle other then a chopper. Being short makes it harder to control the bike also. Went on a 3 hour walk the other day and i felt great while doing it. My body the day after was not feel so good. I was in so much pain. I think i felt that ways cause i walk fast to begin with and i really need to do it more often.

Want to Try
Things i am going to try in the near future is a honey and EVOO pre wash. I do not know if i want to do this before my deep condition or just do this before a cowash. I think i will eventurally do it both ways.
My cuz makes a conditioner as she calls it with a egg manyonese evoo and honey. I has done wonders to her hair relaxed so i wonder just wonder what it will do to my natural state.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 28th July 2010, 4:34 pm

Man its been a minute my curly friends

I been so tired working and spending time with the family i had to rest on the site for a minute. it has been 6 days lol

I have some pics for my up dates

on the way to gospel concert in houston at Windsor Village
Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Dsc_0310

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Dsc_0311

going out to dinner with the sorors
got Drama to work with me for a puff for the whole nite
Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Dsc_0312

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Dsc_0313

My frohawk after a nite in ny and a plane ride to iah

I used the kimmaytube leave in for this style excuse the face a little greasy coming off the plane
Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Dsc_0314

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Dsc_0315

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Dsc_0316
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 28th July 2010, 5:56 pm

You look great!!! The first two pics look super coily! They are my faves!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 28th July 2010, 6:07 pm

Hair Updates: I henned again on friday and I swear it took forever to wash it out. I was a housr to get it out. I conditioned with suave naturals apple. I deep conditioned with YTcucumbers and honey. The pics with the frohawk above it the stlye that i did after the henna.

I used the Kimmeytubes leave in. I have to use it a couple more time before i can really give a review on it. I have to say that it melted right into Drama(my hair).

I also made a eco custard with a twist. the reciepe calls for avocado oil in which i forgot to buy at the store and substituted it for EVCO. I did a protective style of finger coils on tuesday and i plan to last them until sat when i will try to do pull them apart to get more fuller. I have not taken pics of them yet but i will shortly. the Eco custard that i made i have to say made my hair the shinest that i ever have seen before. maybe i needed that extra shine.

fitness: I walked 2hrs today touring a new town with one of my work friends. boy when we got back to where we were staying we were so tired. I was over 4 miles each way at least we got out.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 28th July 2010, 6:08 pm

nattyblog wrote:You look great!!! The first two pics look super coily! They are my faves!

Yeah i actually like those two the best also. They are the wash n go
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 28th July 2010, 9:14 pm

Drama is looking cute and love the makeup. I don't think that's too many oils in your scalp moisturizer. I make a similar one and I use Castor Oil, Safflower Oil, teatree Oil and vitamin E.

You taking motorcyle classes is hot! I love bikes and I plan to take classes one day also, that's my crazy side (lol)!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th July 2010, 9:49 pm

Hey Priceless! Drama is on the grow, chica!!! She looks great! I love your makeup, too! I like do an EVOO prepoo, too. I just apply EVOO all over and baggy overnight. My hair is easy to detangle and I can get the shed hairs out easily, too.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th July 2010, 11:41 pm

heeeeeey drama!! u are looking good...and so is the makeup!! i LOVE ur cut, im just so torn cuz i want THAT cut for now but bein as though summer is almost over i want to put it up in some braids for the winter. hopefully i wont fall in love with my length afterwards n punk out...but i already know in the heat i have no patience for HAIR!!!

look at u takin motorcycle lessons for your lil huffy Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Icon_razz , can u even touch the ground at a stop light? i thought of a motorcycle ONE time (not the crotch rockets tho, i wanted a cruiser) but i'll stick to my life long dream of my candy apple red convertible mustang when i want danger! EEEK!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabulousat50 28th July 2010, 11:53 pm

Drama is looking really nice!! Love the cut!! Congratulations on your motorcycle classes! Have fun on the wild side Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Icon_biggrin
Fabulousat50
Fabulousat50

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th July 2010, 1:38 am

U were soooo at my favorite restaurant, Pappadeux's up there lol

The makeup and hair are looking great and I see the hair is on the GROW too! Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 30th July 2010, 12:48 am

krazy coils wrote:Drama is looking cute and love the makeup. I don't think that's too many oils in your scalp moisturizer. I make a similar one and I use Castor Oil, Safflower Oil, teatree Oil and vitamin E.

You taking motorcyle classes is hot! I love bikes and I plan to take classes one day also, that's my crazy side (lol)!
Thanks sometimes i feel like Drama is going no where with length but everyone else sees it so i am happy.
you should take the classes it was fun but way harder then i thought it was going to be. I got it after a while still need more practice

CurlsGalore wrote:Hey Priceless! Drama is on the grow, chica!!! She looks great! I love your makeup, too! I like do an EVOO prepoo, too. I just apply EVOO all over and baggy overnight. My hair is easy to detangle and I can get the shed hairs out easily, too.

I did the EVOO baggy and i did like that feel so I think that i will do that again. I did the EVOO and honey one time and really loved that. no do you do this and then do a deep conditioner also? what do you do in the am when you rinse?

NubieNatty wrote:heeeeeey drama!! u are looking good...and so is the makeup!! i LOVE ur cut, im just so torn cuz i want THAT cut for now but bein as though summer is almost over i want to put it up in some braids for the winter. hopefully i wont fall in love with my length afterwards n punk out...but i already know in the heat i have no patience for HAIR!!!

look at u takin motorcycle lessons for your lil huffy Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Icon_razz , can u even touch the ground at a stop light? i thought of a motorcycle ONE time (not the crotch rockets tho, i wanted a cruiser) but i'll stick to my life long dream of my candy apple red convertible mustang when i want danger! EEEK!!
Thanks about the cut. Its the same cut after i jacked Drama up with the flat iron. I am wondering now will i eventurally have to cut the top to get it to be all the same length once it really starts going out.

Always loved motorcycles since my uncle had me and my cousin ride dirt bikes when i was younger. My father is not a fan of me getting a bike but he is not a fan of anything crazy that i do. I feel you on your life long dream cause that was mine til my brother rolled up last year with one in silver and i wanted to kill him. He is a speed demon and really can careless about the car anymore. ahhhhh the boys and thier toys they get tired of.
Fabulousat50 wrote:Drama is looking really nice!! Love the cut!! Congratulations on your motorcycle classes! Have fun on the wild side Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Icon_biggrin
Thanks I figure you live once and It was on my Bucket List lol

jlowman1 wrote:U were soooo at my favorite restaurant, Pappadeux's up there lol

The makeup and hair are looking great and I see the hair is on the GROW too! Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Icon_biggrin

Thank you
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 30th July 2010, 2:11 am

So i tried taking pictures of my figure coils that i did on tuesday and my camera is completely dead. I left it on uploading my facebooks pics sorry folks you will only get pics of Drama with 4 day old and beyond finger coils
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 30th July 2010, 12:46 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:Hey Priceless! Drama is on the grow, chica!!! She looks great! I love your makeup, too! I like do an EVOO prepoo, too. I just apply EVOO all over and baggy overnight. My hair is easy to detangle and I can get the shed hairs out easily, too.

I did the EVOO baggy and i did like that feel so I think that i will do that again. I did the EVOO and honey one time and really loved that. no do you do this and then do a deep conditioner also? what do you do in the am when you rinse?

I do my EVOO/honey mix with my conditioner. I leave it on my hair as a deep conditioner for about 30-45 minutes then I rinse it out and style as usual. No need to do a 2nd deep conditioning.

I do the EVOO/baggy method as a prepoo. I spritz with water, section the hair in four parts, then apply the EVOO to each section and detangle my hair. Sleep with the baggy overnight and in the morning when I'm about to shampoo, I stand under the shower stream and rub my hands together down my hair to get the excess shed hairs. The EVOO is super slippery so it makes for easy detangling and you shed less, in my experience. It's also a great hot oil treatment before shampooing and I loved how my hair felt the morning after.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 30th July 2010, 1:16 pm

Eco Custard??? How do you make it? And how do you like henna-ing? I'm considering doing a henna gloss this weekend and I just wanna know how people like it.

And I'm loving the frohawk!!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 30th July 2010, 3:06 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:

I do my EVOO/honey mix with my conditioner. I leave it on my hair as a deep conditioner for about 30-45 minutes then I rinse it out and style as usual. No need to do a 2nd deep conditioning.

I do the EVOO/baggy method as a prepoo. I spritz with water, section the hair in four parts, then apply the EVOO to each section and detangle my hair. Sleep with the baggy overnight and in the morning when I'm about to shampoo, I stand under the shower stream and rub my hands together down my hair to get the excess shed hairs. The EVOO is super slippery so it makes for easy detangling and you shed less, in my experience. It's also a great hot oil treatment before shampooing and I loved how my hair felt the morning after.

Thanks so much on a mission to do something new in my routine. hehe I'm loving it
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 30th July 2010, 3:16 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Eco Custard??? How do you make it? And how do you like henna-ing? I'm considering doing a henna gloss this weekend and I just wanna know how people like it.

And I'm loving the frohawk!!!

The orginal mix
Eco Custard
1/2 cup of eco styler
1 tablespoon castor oil
1 tablespoon of EVOO
1 tablespoon of avocado oil (instead of this i used extra virigin coconut oil)

I like the henna i think but i really don't see too much of a difference in the color. my hair is softer after and has a shine to it is the only thing i notice.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 31st July 2010, 2:55 pm

Experience

My step sister has been natural (meaning) no perm for the last 6 years. Last night she took out her braids and we found this nice style on youtube by mohagonyknots on YT called the flower bunch. She was so excited that she decided to try the style. We spend like 2 hrs trying to get the style right and we did a real good job but we forgot to get the the hair pins from the store so she was suppose to pin the curls this morning when we got a chance to get to the store. Well as soon as we got up she says she don't like it at all after she was so excited last night. I was like at least lets see what it looks like when we get the pins and she was not feeling me. she end up taking half of the braids out and wearing that side out. Lets she how long that is going to last. She came out of a relationship that the man she was talking to did not like her natural hair and She is having a hard time getting over it. they are not together and she still don't want to venture out to much its a mess. well maybe one day it will get there. I just feel like it was just time loss of putting it all together
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 31st July 2010, 8:02 pm

one thing i hate is LOSS TIME cuz u never get that back. u couldve been using that time to somethin more productive, whether its wasting ur own time or etc...point is..its YOUR time Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Icon_mad . i think for a man to not like a woman becuz of her hair is so petty. i mean as long as its not lookin a hot mess...whats the big deal. its his loss anywayz and he clearly wasnt the one in the first place Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 8 Icon_rolleyes . ive been gettin more attention from men who commend me for goin natural becuz its not just stepping outside the box but ur really goin against the grain of what society has classified as "beauty".
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 6th August 2010, 9:37 pm

how long did you leave your coild in for?
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 8th August 2010, 12:46 am

hello ladies

I have been MIA for a while just had to get some time with the family. I had to gasp the fact that hubby will be most likely leaving soon to work back over seas. Its for the better so not tripping but we didn't think that it would have been this soon.
Hubby had family in town for a couple of days (his aunt, uncle, and their graddaugter) His aunt is natural and has been for at least a yr. She has her hair short and was asking alot of questions on the products that i use and where i get them from. I gave her alot of insight and directed her to the website but i don't think she ever wrote it down. I felt good for someone to keep asking and commenting on my hair. She said since she has been natural she has not slept with her hair tied up or deep condition. She asked was that a norm for naturals to tie their hair up. I guess she figured being natural you did not have to do anything to it but wash it and go. I told her that it perserves our hair with moisture and keeps it from frizz and breakage. She didn't really think about it like that and said she had had alot of breakage so she keep cutting it.

Hair:
My camera totally tripped the other day and did not get my picutes of the coils sorry. I did leave them in for 9 days and it was great not really doing anything to my hair. It did take me some time to carefully detangle but it was relaxtion in the shower getting it done.

Products
I can now give a fair opinion on the kimmaytube leave in. I have to say that i love it. It made my curls pop and dried soft with lots of moisture. I did put in my hair when it was soaking wet out the shower each time. Don't know if anyone has tried it on dry hair but i have not. I will difinitly mix again. Still have a little for another use or 2.

I have purchased today deva curl deep conditioner. i do not remember the exact name. I was in the mall looking for a pair of nice black sandals for a upcoming trip and i totally walked over to a hair store in the mall. What drew me into the store was the sign that said deva curl all products 10 % off. The stylist in the store did not really ask anyone else if they needed help but me and it felt weird. He saw me looking at the devacurl products and said he was such a fan of all the products. That maybe the reason that he came over to me and left everyone else alone. I overheard Him also been talking about these girls in there with jacked up hair and that he really wanted to give them a makeover. I was the only natural in the store at the time.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th August 2010, 1:00 am

Hey Priceless

You live in Houston? I'm so clueless.....sorry don't know how I missed that! My mother went to that concert at Windsor Village as well. She said that it was sooo good!!! I couldn't attend because I had to get some rest so I could be awake to pick my brother up from the airport that night.

Anyway......you hair is really growing. I'm loving the first two pictures (all the pictures look great) your curls are really popping in those pictures.

I didn't know much about dva curl products around Christmas...purchased a sample packet and took it back. No SMH I didn't know about CN.com at the time. Boy I was so lost then...LOL

Anyway....just wanted to stop by and say hi!!! **waving**

Take Care...

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 10th August 2010, 3:49 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Priceless

You live in Houston? I'm so clueless.....sorry don't know how I missed that! My mother went to that concert at Windsor Village as well. She said that it was sooo good!!! I couldn't attend because I had to get some rest so I could be awake to pick my brother up from the airport that night.

Anyway......you hair is really growing. I'm loving the first two pictures (all the pictures look great) your curls are really popping in those pictures.

I didn't know much about dva curl products around Christmas...purchased a sample packet and took it back. No SMH I didn't know about CN.com at the time. Boy I was so lost then...LOL

Anyway....just wanted to stop by and say hi!!! **waving**

Take Care...

KNH

Hey KNH I have a house in houston but i am not always there. I am a flight attendant and i am based out of jersey Hence i have been back in forth for the last 4 years. I am orginally from NY and still have alot of family and friends there. Thanks for the compliments on Drama i see now that she is really growing.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th August 2010, 4:03 pm

Hey Priceless....
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next