CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

+33
Intelligentbeauty
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
curly-me-naturally
curlsunfurled
coilykinks
iri9109
nattyblog
LadyMika
CrissyQ
LaToya28
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Nikcoils
CocaColaCutie
Serenity23
CocoEuro
DvaAuNaturel
TheRYL1
AfrikanLatina
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
bholmes87
dajewel
KinkyNappyHappy
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
priceless
37 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 7 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by priceless 9th July 2010, 9:45 pm

coilykinks wrote:I like your twists. When my hair was your length I was too lazy to twist Sad
But your twists came out good. And I love the accesories. And the camera......what kind is it? I think in a past life I was a photographer because I am camera crazy bounce

Enjoy your weekend!

I have been lazy myself that was a act of boredom. Thanks i did not wear those out at all.
It is a nikon D60 i love this camera i been obsessed with camera since i was a little kid. My family finally broke down and put their money together to get me this camera 2 years ago. I have learned alot with the camera and have taken classes. but i can not take pics of myself with this rather it has been a struggle.

npmoore04 wrote:never heard of an eyeshadow crayon. what is the consistency like. and the staying power.

it may not be called that but the lady in the beauty supply asked me when i went in there if i used the eye shadow crayon to get the look i was wearing when in the store. I said huh what is that and she showed me the fat pencil type eye shadow. These that she showed me are by xxpress and i think they have some by NYC. I brought two sense the where 1.99 to see how they work. never wore it outside yet so i really could not tell you the staying power but the consistancy is like a glazethat glides on your eye. kind of like those waxy crayons that slide across the paper.

Last edited by priceless on 9th July 2010, 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 7 Empty Re: Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT

Post by CrissyQ 9th July 2010, 9:46 pm

Girl I am lovin that head band. Lookin all cute and stuff. Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 9th July 2010, 9:48 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Girl I am lovin that head band. Lookin all cute and stuff. Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 7 Icon_biggrin

Thanks part of the headbands i brought at the everything $1 accessorie store.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 9th July 2010, 10:51 pm

Thinking about cuting into a crazy mohawk style? I been back in forth with the idea since i saw kelis on 106th and park. I don't even watch that show I happen to change the channels and there she was on there and i could not stop looking at that hair. I had a mohawk before when i was peremed but my mom hated it. I loved it but paid her no attention. What do you all think? I know that i can not do the color that she is rocking now cause My job would kill me. But i think i maybe able to do the mohawk. My hair grows in a v in the back anyway. Will it be too unprofessional for the airline business?
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th July 2010, 12:36 am

Look at you--puffing and accessorizing! Your makeup, hair and accessories are doing it and doing it well Mrs. Thang Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 7 Icon_wink !
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 12th July 2010, 10:19 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Look at you--puffing and accessorizing! Your makeup, hair and accessories are doing it and doing it well Mrs. Thang Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 7 Icon_wink !

Thanks I have just realized today that i should be able to try a little more styles that i Thought i was going to be able to do. I realized that my twist out was not really working cause i do have to make them smaller and have them going all the same direction. i will get it one day
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th July 2010, 10:24 pm

awwww Shucks now..I like the twist out with the head band. You are doing things up in here...get it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 12th July 2010, 10:41 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:awwww Shucks now..I like the twist out with the head band. You are doing things up in here...get it!

Thanks sweet did not think that it was defined enough so i will keep trying. i am also going to try the coil out.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 12th July 2010, 10:48 pm

So i was thinking about cutting into the crazy lastest kelis style but that was short lived. My mother, a couple of my coworkers, and hubby said it will not be professional for work. I really want it though but i got to pay the bills so it will just be a want. Hope everyone week is starting off to a great start. i am going to try Henna again for the second time tonight i think. I am excited to see the results with a different deep condiditioner. If i have time in the am I will be doing small twist. I hope those will stay in for a while. My hair shrinkage is so decieving I really do not know what I can do any more. I will be trying new things so stay posted. I Still feel that I have a TWA since my sides and neck are still so short.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 12th July 2010, 10:52 pm

Hey chica! i like your twists and I like eyeshadow crayons. I have a blue one from sephora that I LOVE! I too am a camera buff! I really can't take good pics of myself with that one and it's ok but I keep trying! Speaking of which, there was a forum for photographers. I need to find it. So do YOU!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 12th July 2010, 11:40 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey chica! i like your twists and I like eyeshadow crayons. I have a blue one from sephora that I LOVE! I too am a camera buff! I really can't take good pics of myself with that one and it's ok but I keep trying! Speaking of which, there was a forum for photographers. I need to find it. So do YOU!

thanks I tried the twist but i was not really feeling the results I will be trying til i get it right. Did not know that their is a forum for photographers I will be looking forward to that please let me know if you find it.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 13th July 2010, 9:20 pm

So I got alot of looks today do not know if they where good or bad here is the look its about 8hrs old so excuse the fading makeup and the sweaty face lol

Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 7 Dsc_0213
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 13th July 2010, 9:33 pm

I have been playing with my hair last night and put like 40 twist in my hair to get the look above. i tied it down for the night and before i cam into work this evening i went ahead and unraveled them. that is how they came out. i think that this is the best that they have came out. but Hubby says that I did too much work for my hair to do almost the same as it always does when i wet it. He say it looks like the same spirals but still cute.

On another note
I was stopped by a women that says that she has gone natural and cut all her permed off but really was stuck and didn't know what to do with her hair. She said that she really loved my hair today and how did I achieve the look that i was wearing. I told her how to do it and that she should try out this website (curlynikki.com). she wrote it down and hopefully she will join. I find myself referring alot of people to the site that is hoe much I love conversing with you all.

well have a wonderful night curlies catch you soon
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 13th July 2010, 10:04 pm

Your twist out looks great. My sister says the same thing your hubby says about my hair .."it looks the same" Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 7 Icon_eek . At least he said it is still cute. Isn't it reaffirming when a stranger stops to ask you what did you do with your hair? Sort of negates(or adds to) whatever feelings you have about your hair that day.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 13th July 2010, 10:39 pm

i was flattered actually cause some people where looking at it cause it is a little bigger today. I really thought people was looking at me crazy but i got like 5 compliments from non curlies and felt a better about this look today
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 14th July 2010, 1:59 am

I think you may have convinced a few to try it natural for a minute. Look at that hair! It's so healthy looking and coily!!

I liked the accessories on the page before too! I'm trying to get back into accessories now. Going to get me a headband....
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 14th July 2010, 2:50 am

Hey Priceless ..... looking good girl ! you are gonna be shocked to how fast you hair is going to grow . but keep it up its looking really cute .

So how is the fitness going ? hmmm haven't heard from you in a while . whats going on ? are you working out ? drinking that water ? hmm ? lol
just checking in on ya , Ive lost 8 lbs and so happy and excited , gonna keep it up and try to loose more next month .

I told you I'd come looking for you ! lol
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th July 2010, 12:17 pm

Hey Priceless....

Just thought I would stop in and see how you've been doing. Looks like you've been rockin your twist out style! Looking good girl!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th July 2010, 12:21 pm

saw the title and came to see that rocking twist out!! Great job!! They were staring at the flyness of course!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 14th July 2010, 12:25 pm

Hey priceless! Your twist out was super cute! I LOVE that others were telling you how cute and asking for advice. That is uplifting for any curly I think! And I did find the photography thread. Check it out here. It needs to be revived!

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/creative-expressions-f19/photography-challenge-capturing-a-new-photo-in-365-days-t2083-75.htm
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 16th July 2010, 1:55 am

curlsunfurled wrote:Your twist out looks great. My sister says the same thing your hubby says about my hair .."it looks the same" Priceless: ITS BEEN A YEAR BEING NATURAL AHHHH I LOVE IT - Page 7 Icon_eek . At least he said it is still cute. Isn't it reaffirming when a stranger stops to ask you what did you do with your hair? Sort of negates(or adds to) whatever feelings you have about your hair that day.

Thanks ok I thought it was just him

nattyblog wrote:I think you may have convinced a few to try it natural for a minute. Look at that hair! It's so healthy looking and coily!!

I liked the accessories on the page before too! I'm trying to get back into accessories now. Going to get me a headband....

I hope i did convince some folk to look themseleves lol. Not as society want them to look. I love headbands now you should get you some. learning to accessorize is kind of fun now

curly-me-naturally wrote:Hey Priceless ..... looking good girl ! you are gonna be shocked to how fast you hair is going to grow . but keep it up its looking really cute .

So how is the fitness going ? hmmm haven't heard from you in a while . whats going on ? are you working out ? drinking that water ? hmm ? lol
just checking in on ya , Ive lost 8 lbs and so happy and excited , gonna keep it up and try to loose more next month .

I told you I'd come looking for you ! lol

Lol yes you came looking for me. I have been drinking lots of water way more then i ever have drank in any given period in my life. I can be doing more fitness activities then i have been. actually to be honest i have only been walking and jogging 3 days a week. I need to pick it up sorry i been slacking. Wait a min 8lbs go head you go gurrrrrrrrrl I am so proud of you. if you lose 8lbs this month you are going to loose in no time. I can not let the laziness take over me at all.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Priceless....

Just thought I would stop in and see how you've been doing. Looks like you've been rockin your twist out style! Looking good girl!!

I been trying to work it. I got three days out of it this far. when i can upload day three hair i will.

sweetdrk1 wrote:saw the title and came to see that rocking twist out!! Great job!! They were staring at the flyness of course!!!

thanks staring at the flyness yes i love it lol

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey priceless! Your twist out was super cute! I LOVE that others were telling you how cute and asking for advice. That is uplifting for any curly I think! And I did find the photography thread. Check it out here. It needs to be revived!

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/creative-expressions-f19/photography-challenge-capturing-a-new-photo-in-365-days-t2083-75.htm
I will have to look at that when get to computer on phone updating right now. thanks for finding that for me. on the hair note it was uplifting actually cause i didn't think it was all together but it worked out.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 16th July 2010, 2:02 am

Hello my curly visitors

i have been wearing my little twist out for 3 days now and I will be trying to get day 4 of of it. i will be posting pics as soon as i get to a computer some time tomorrow. i am getting a little frizz but not to much so it been able to some what maintain the style. when you all do a twist out do you retwist everynight? If so i have not Do you wet your hair at anytimeafter you get the style? I have not. Do you remoistized some how? I was wondering those things cause this is the longest i have gone since going natural that i have not done nothing to my hair but put my satin bonnet on at night. well got to go talk to you all soon
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 16th July 2010, 8:05 am

Hey Priceless,

I want to see pics of your twistout! I re-twist but only because I want big hair so when I retwist the twists are bigger for a chunky twistout. I do spray my hair at night with my mixture in my spraybottle to keep my hair from getting dry and I just fluff in the morning.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 16th July 2010, 12:45 pm

Ooooo. I love cool cuts! I think you should go for it. I think it should be fine. Are you a flight attendant or do you just work in the airport?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 16th July 2010, 5:32 pm

I usually retwist in larger twist, to maintain my twistouts. I don't add any extra product and if I do it's just coconut oil. and my satin bonnet.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next