CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucy's New Updo!!

+26
TheRYL1
LaToya28
mstokes2008
mrsmackey
ChrsLvsBks
CocoEuro
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
jlowman1
Nikcoils
bholmes87
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
Muz
MsJay1121
iri9109
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
Thinice
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
~JOME~
30 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Lucy's New Updo!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Lucy's New Updo!!

Post by ~JOME~ 6th May 2010, 11:57 am

Muz wrote: Your mother is interesting. . . according to your profile you're 21, why not just go somewhere else and get it cut if you want it cut off? It's your hair Smile Or you can watch some YouTube vids on how to do it yourself and have a friend cut the back for you. Once it's cut there's really not much she can do about it, and if you don't like it you can still put in twists.

That looks like that is going to be my only option. My little sis already offered to help me cut it. I may be 21, but I still live with my parents so the possibility of being ignored, ridiculed, or maybe even disowned is quite likely, lol! Ok, I just kidding on that note (hopefully), but seriously, I need to do something because I don't want to get blow-outs all the time.
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 6th May 2010, 12:02 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I am praying you get your mom to see past the things society deem normal and see the beautiful you!!

I'm praying too! She knows I'm a natural beauty...I just think she just don't want 21 years of her best work of hair to be cut off. She actually a little shocked that I'm so adamant to BCing...she thought the whole transition was just an artistic expression of who I am, but I think its scaring her now because she realizing that I'm not doing this as a fad, but for life.
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 6th May 2010, 12:41 pm

~JOME~ wrote:
Muz wrote: Your mother is interesting. . . according to your profile you're 21, why not just go somewhere else and get it cut if you want it cut off? It's your hair Smile Or you can watch some YouTube vids on how to do it yourself and have a friend cut the back for you. Once it's cut there's really not much she can do about it, and if you don't like it you can still put in twists.

That looks like that is going to be my only option. My little sis already offered to help me cut it. I may be 21, but I still live with my parents so the possibility of being ignored, ridiculed, or maybe even disowned is quite likely, lol! Ok, I just kidding on that note (hopefully), but seriously, I need to do something because I don't want to get blow-outs all the time.

I'm planning to cut my hair off in a couple of weeks, my dad I know is going to have a fit (he's always thought he could control what I do with my hair, which just wasn't the case even when he was paying for the appointments ~lol~), my mom doesn't think I should cut it, but I think they both know that it's my hair so I don't really care what they think, and thanks to the economy I'm stuck at home right now too. LOL, so they need to realize that you aren't trying to be disrespectful, but you have to do what's best for you and your hair. They'll get over it, it's not like hair doesn't grow back Smile Good luck!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th May 2010, 6:04 pm

I'm sorry you didnt get to BC today. Hopefully it will happen soon.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 6th May 2010, 11:36 pm

So here are the results of the blow-out:

Lucy's New Updo!! - Page 2 05060010

After using a blow dryer, hood dryer and a hot comb, my hair came out silky smooth. I'm praying that Lucy is still under there somewhere. Yet, Mama surprised me by cutting off 4 inches (can you tell?) so that it will be easier for my transition. The majority of my color is out now so back to dark brown we go. The funny thing about Mama doing my hair is that one of her clients was talking about how nice I would look with my hair cut short and Mama was giving her the side eye the entire time. The client did not care one bit, lol. Now, I feel like I should be a news anchor or something, lol! At least, this hairstyle won't last....its already getting hot outside. Lucy's New Updo!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th May 2010, 12:27 am

I'm nervous for you with your mom using the hot comb. I sure hope Lucy is under there somewhere too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 7th May 2010, 12:49 am

Yeah, I was nervous too. I was like "Oh no, not the hot comb...what happen to the flat-iron?!" Thankfully, Mom used a heat protectant on my hair (FHI hot sauce) so hopefully, Lucy will be back....hopefully.
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 7th May 2010, 1:13 am

I agree with Muz. If you are employed and an adult you can take 15 bucks go to the nearest Barber shop and get it cut. It will be tooo late then for anyone to say anything. She sounds like my mother. She is a beautician and before she went natural she was a handful. I went 11 months with out a perm and she felt like I represented her because she is a beautician in a small town. It took 4 bottles of relaxer to straighten my hair after that. THEN she was mad cause she used up all her products for free. Lucy will be back, she is stronger than that to let a blow dryer, sit down dryer, and hot comb hold her down.... (I wouldn't suggest it be done again though LOL!!)..

Your family will be shocked if you cut your hair but they will get over it. Trust it is just hair when it all boils down to it. Nothing wrong wit you wanting to be true to you and rock
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 7th May 2010, 1:22 am

Yeah, I know I could have gone to someone else to cut my hair, but I guess when you grew up in a salon with family members who worked there, it's natural for me to go to them for a hairstyle because they know what's best for my hair. So I just assumed they would be OK about doing a BC. It's alright though cuz my lil sis is locked and loaded and ready to go....I just need to sweat this hairstyle and look for some cute headbands in the mean time. Lucy's New Updo!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 7th May 2010, 1:43 am

~JOME~ wrote:Yeah, I know I could have gone to someone else to cut my hair, but I guess when you grew up in a salon with family members who worked there, it's natural for me to go to them for a hairstyle because they know what's best for my hair. So I just assumed they would be OK about doing a BC. It's alright though cuz my lil sis is locked and loaded and ready to go....I just need to sweat this hairstyle and look for some cute headbands in the mean time. Lucy's New Updo!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

LMAO!! Good plan!! You can find real cute headbands and rock it when you BC. I understand because my mom is a beautician, she does have a jealous streak in her though. I went and got extensions and she was like oh... You over paid... I had to explain I have never seen her do this so till she can show me otherwise I paid the right price. But I was not under her roof at that time either.

I am getting excited for you to BC. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! ***AND POST PIC ASAP*** when you do.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th May 2010, 7:37 am

giiiiiiiirl gawn ahead n do that bc n get it out the way! i remember after i graduated high school i thought i was officially GROWN. u couldnt tell me nothin honey! i got my tongue pierced and my mama was like Lucy's New Updo!! - Page 2 Icon_mad but i felt like since im officially 18 AND i have a job AND u makin me pay $100 a month then i got some dmn right around here to do what the heck i please!! im such a rebel wit a cause; but she loosened up cuz she knows i aint got no sense anywayz Lucy's New Updo!! - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes . I been wantin to cut my hair since 12 and she aint never let me, i was lucky enuff to get bangs at 15 but once i turned 18...i went ALL OUT n rocked my short halle berry cut.

Anything after 18, paying bills with a job is grown in my book. but uh...yea good luck wit ur parents, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th May 2010, 10:01 am

Just checkin in on you!! Have a good weekend!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th May 2010, 2:07 pm

Sweated that blow out out yet?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 10th May 2010, 4:03 am

Hey honey! Hope you had a great weekend!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 10th May 2010, 11:59 pm

My hair is reverting little by little so that means Lucy is still alive and kicking. One of my friends' mom just self-BCed and she looks so nice.....sigh.
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th May 2010, 3:21 pm

good to know Lucy is still there!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 11th May 2010, 4:10 pm

The blowout looked great! But I'll be happy to see Lucy again. I'm terrified of heat damage.

I'm excited about your BC.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 12th May 2010, 12:25 am

I did it, you guys! I BCed! My mama chopped all my hair off and now I got curls! I'm so happy!! *Happy dance*

Lucy's New Updo!! - Page 2 05110011

Lucy's New Updo!! - Page 2 Downsi18

Lucy's New Updo!! - Page 2 Downsi19

I told ya I'll be rocking my headbands!
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 12th May 2010, 12:28 am

Lucy's New Updo!! - Page 2 617583 CONGRATS Jome!! I know you've been waiting for this for a while! You look great!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 12th May 2010, 12:34 am

Thanks Mika!
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 12th May 2010, 1:55 am

YYYEEAHHHH!!!! Lucy's New Updo!! - Page 2 678474

CONGRATS HUN!! Look at Lucy showing off. you are rocking the headband well. I am so happy mommy came around and cut it for you. Now you can explore different headbands and stuff like that.

YOU LOOK GREAT!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 12th May 2010, 3:10 am

Yay!!!! Beautiful!!! Congrats, chica!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 12th May 2010, 3:11 am

woot! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy you did it! Woo hoo!!!!!!! It looks great hun cheers
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 12th May 2010, 3:58 am

Yay! Congrats! Welcome to the curly side.

I'd say even if she doesn't like your hair, your mom supported you by cutting it for you. Worse case scenario, she could have refused. I'm confident that she'll eventually come around.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 12th May 2010, 10:07 am

Thanks everyone! I think Mama took it harder than everyone else in my family. The whole time she was cutting my hair she was like, "Your father is going to be so upset"/"Your dad is going to be so mad"/"Oh my god, it's going to be so short"/"Are you sure you want to do this"/"What if I just leave the front part relaxed and cut the rest...it'll look so cute"/"Sigh"/"I cut off all the relaxer, why is your hair still straight"/"You're going to regret this". Once I cowash my hair, the straight hair turned to popping curls. The funny thing is that when I showed my dad, he actually liked it (he didn't even know I was going natural!), lol. I think Mama went through different phases of grief over my hair because she was a lil shocked/happy to see curls, but then she became moody with everybody after cutting my hair and she kept looking at my hair like she hated it. And she went to sleep right after that which is kinda weird because it wasn't really late. Then when I woke up this morning, she liked it...lol. So go figure.
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next