CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist Challenge!!!!

+72
Heart2Worship
DvaAuNaturel
TurquoizBlue
september
TheRYL1
TerraD
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Notthecoolmom
Tahlove
Curlock Holmes
xtremelyperfect
swoodward
naturalhonney
LOVELYREAN
tiashaunteƩ
Ambrosia
Buttercup76
Muz
NylaCoils
MellowOne
jcanalena79
NaturalNixon
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
Alanija
agore07
Loveatfirstcoil
KnottyKinkyMommy
MomnWife
NikG20
talljournalist
neethair
deeply_rooted_chick
KinkyNappyHappy
Mz. Thang
TMS
LadyMika
PetiteBebe
iri9109
BlondeByDesire
KeetaRay
ktoliver5303
natural813
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
nikkinixnicole
MsJay1121
dajewel
Nikcoils
lumii
jac.attack
mstokes2008
SheeTacular
ChrsLvsBks
Furlie
StephanieB
Ameenah
BrownSkinDiva
AfrikanLatina
NhappyJackie
Tamren
CocoEuro
Juices-n-Berries
kinksncurls
oooop2
QuietButterfly
CurlsGalore
CocaColaCutie
Karyn
MsVera
Lynnieluve
bholmes87
76 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Twist Challenge!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Twist Challenge!!!!

Post by SheeTacular 15th April 2010, 5:54 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:
iri9109 wrote:
BlondeByDesire wrote:What does the curly custard get consist of ... I can't watch YT at work ...

this the description:

"A styling product I made using Eco Styler Gel and various nourishing oils. Has a custard-like texture. Great dupe for Organic Root Stimulator's Lock & Twist Gel or Kinky Coily Curling Custard but less expensive. The gel provides the ability to stick and define the style, while the oils nourish and seal the hair.

Substitute any oil you like (Grapeseed, Jojoba, etc.). I wouldn't suggest Shea or Coconut unless they've been permanently liquefied, other wise they might re-solidify and ruin your mix.

Recipe:
1/2 cup - Eco Styler Gel
1 tbsp - Olive Oil
1 tbsp - Castor Oil
1 tbsp - Avocado Oil

Put Eco gel into a bowl, mix in each oil separately. Thoroughly mix the oil in the gel before adding the second oil. Cover and place in cool place. This does not need to be refrigerated as the ingredients used do not require refrigeration. If over time the mix begins to separate, just stir.

Use for twists, twist outs, to smooth edges, etc. A little goes a long way."

she had the green olive oil eco styler.

my hair is too short to twist, but i will still be stalkin this thread lol

Thanks, I have all the supplies listed even the olive eco styler get. I will mix up a batch this weekend and test it out.

Ok - what are you using as a moisturizer? Does this work overtop of a leave-in?

I have used curls whipped cream, raw shea butter, homemade shea butter mixes, and koils by nature body and hair butter under the gel for a moisturizer. I also have used Aussie Moist hair insurance and giovanni direct leave in.

The last mix of eco custard I didn't measure and it came out crunchy I added some Long aid curl activator. this left them shinier, elongated and curlier on the end.

Tips for those that want to wash with twists in. I read somewhere that it's helpful to put them into ponytails and concentrate on the scalp let the shampoo run down the hair (if you are using poo) and to condition with ponytails in. I don't recomment using too much cuz your hair will unravel. I like aussie moist 3 minute miracle for moisture. Quick conditioner not too watery.

I am excited about this challenge.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 15th April 2010, 5:56 pm

NubieNatty wrote:i think this challenge would be a good combo for my other challenge; 30 day product challenge becuz while my hair is twisted up for the week i can enjoy the benefits of documenting using one product line for an extended amount of time. instead of 6 wks, im gonna do 30 days cuz i like to stay organized wit my challenges PLUS my closing date is now May 26 and im goin up in that room wit a big azz fierce twist out!!

Great idea bh n ntcm...i was on the fence about it but i pretty much keep my hair twisted anywayz; plus when i see ooops hair i already knew **throwing in poker chips** im ALL IN!!!

(p.s.; oooops was lookin like my earrings, lol.)

Girl you had no business on the fence anyway!! Get off there and get to twisting.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 15th April 2010, 5:58 pm

@ - SheeTacular_Napps - Thanks for the TWA shout out. I have about 2 to 2.5 inches of hair, I'm going to try and see if I can do a twist or two. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 15th April 2010, 5:59 pm

bholmes87 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Bout time Nubie!!!

Just a suggestion: We all love pics so when you think you twist are pic worthy, post them here to inspire others......Is that ok Bholmes, moderator of the twist challenge?

We should TOTALLY have pictures of our twists here!! We'll all need style ideas and inspiration and encouragement so most definitely add pictures of your twists when you're feeling yourself Razz

Pics will also help show how we progress in our twisting and styling skills!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 15th April 2010, 6:00 pm

TMS wrote:@ - SheeTacular_Napps - Thanks for the TWA shout out. I have about 2 to 2.5 inches of hair, I'm going to try and see if I can do a twist or two. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your welcome!! I'm gonna see if I can find some back in the day pics for y'all this evening.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 15th April 2010, 6:30 pm

I got my hair twist today. I will leave it in for a week. Wash my hair then retwist a day later.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 15th April 2010, 7:39 pm

I just have a quick question.....gotta make sure I'm not violating any rules, LOL. My hair is twisted right now, but its braided (corn rows) on one side of my head, I wanted to continue doing my braid, twist combo, but if not I'll understand. I plan to twist it out tomorrow anyway, and I'll wash and retwist on Sunday.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 15th April 2010, 8:54 pm

QuietButterfly wrote:I just have a quick question.....gotta make sure I'm not violating any rules, LOL. My hair is twisted right now, but its braided (corn rows) on one side of my head, I wanted to continue doing my braid, twist combo, but if not I'll understand. I plan to twist it out tomorrow anyway, and I'll wash and retwist on Sunday.
I see what you're saying. I think that still qualifies as twisted! However, you could also do the same style with flat twists as well. Either way would be fine but twists are preferred Smile

Also @LadyMika: if kinky twists are in, so are yarn twists! I can't fault you for not liking synthetic hair. lol plus I want you do be able to participate with a style you enjoy and are comfortable with!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th April 2010, 10:12 pm

i think i want some yarn twist myself...if my stepmom stop bein so lazy n just DO IT!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] matter of fact...where's keeta **looking around** i may need to stop in her neighborhood to do my twist!!

**CALLING ALL DMV LADIES....CALLIN ALL DMV LADIES***

if any of yall would love to bless ur fingertips with fondling and gettin lost with all this sweet n soft goodness, let me know if u can flat twist my hair up! i know im pimping bianca out right now but if i can get a good flat twist style in an up do i can make it last even longer!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 15th April 2010, 10:49 pm

My twist challenge begin today. I have major skingage of course so it isnt the true length. I can't wait to see growth in May 2010 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by natural813 on 17th April 2010, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 15th April 2010, 11:59 pm

PetiteBebe wrote:ooo oooo ooo Im in! Hopefully, I can get my hair twisted this weekend...I will also be taking my multi-vit, don't know if that matters, but Im on a roll, remembering to take it daily now. Cant stop wont stop lol

Girl! Me, too, with the vitamins! I'm horrible w/remembering everyday, but for some reason I remember better when I take them before bed, so that's what I do now. Whatever works! Smile
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

http://keetaray.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 16th April 2010, 12:27 am

Ok I'm still debating but ? how often are we posting?
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 16th April 2010, 6:14 am

natural813 wrote:My twist challenge begin today. I have major skingage of course so it isnt the true length. I can't wait to see growth in May 2010 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

url=https://servimg.com/view/15007990/11][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ( Look at that lol)

I see you with the Zoolander Blue Steel look!! Get it girl your twist look great!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th April 2010, 9:06 am

hummmm I would love to participate, but I don't know!!! If it was a braid challenge (like two months ago) or a Puff challenge....I would be in!! lol!

But that twist technique I haven't been able to master. So...this is what I'll do. See what my hair is looking like once I take these braids out, and go from there. I'll post my decision Monday!!!!

Good luck to those that have started thus far!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 16th April 2010, 9:14 am

I think it's so funny I twisted my hair this week and then this popped up. I decided to try and leave them in as long as I can. I hope I can make it six weeks!

It's been less than a week and I'm already getting problems. Everytime I twist my hair my scalp starts flaking. I think it's because it's exposed. But anyways usually olive oil treatments takes care of it but I did that yesterday and that annoying spot is still itching. What do u guys use on your scalp?
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 16th April 2010, 10:17 am

deeply_rooted_chick wrote:I think it's so funny I twisted my hair this week and then this popped up. I decided to try and leave them in as long as I can. I hope I can make it six weeks!

It's been less than a week and I'm already getting problems. Everytime I twist my hair my scalp starts flaking. I think it's because it's exposed. But anyways usually olive oil treatments takes care of it but I did that yesterday and that annoying spot is still itching. What do u guys use on your scalp?

I don't have scalp issues that aren't taken care of by a good co-wash. But check out Tia's blog on her scalp treatment. I think it is the castor oil or aloe grow...can't remember. http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th April 2010, 10:20 am

deeply_rooted_chick wrote:I think it's so funny I twisted my hair this week and then this popped up. I decided to try and leave them in as long as I can. I hope I can make it six weeks!

I put my moisturizer on my scalp or castor oil with a few EOs.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 16th April 2010, 10:50 am

I'm a lil late announcing my participation but Im definitely in on this one....

Lynn- Your are the twist QUEEN [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.], I know you can rock them up or down but do what's comfortable for you.

OOOp2- your hair is BEAUTIFUL

CCC- You already know.... I love your pin-up twist.

One question, do you wash your hair with your twist in? I'm transitioning so I'm wondering if I wash my hair if they will unraval.

Happy twisting Ladies
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 16th April 2010, 10:55 am

neethair wrote:I'm a lil late announcing my participation but Im definitely in on this one....

Lynn- Your are the twist QUEEN [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.], I know you can rock them up or down but do what's comfortable for you.

One question, do you wash your hair with your twist in? I'm transitioning so I'm wondering if I wash my hair if they will unraval.

Happy twisting Ladies

I do. Usually I'll put them in ponytails, but this time I think I'm going to twist them like how I would my loose hair for a wash. I think the key is to focus on your scalp and to not manipulate the length too much or use too much conditioner.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 16th April 2010, 11:00 am

neethair wrote:I'm a lil late announcing my participation but Im definitely in on this one....

Happy twisting Ladies

i always wash and dc while my hair is in twists. i then untwist, detangle with fingers and just retwist with my shea mix.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th April 2010, 11:31 am

I just found a winning combo for my itchy scalp. It's a aloe grow mix and with castor oil mix

Aloe grow mix (I got it from Tia)

1.5 cup Organic Aloe vera gel
1 cup water
6 drops of rosemary eo (DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE)
10 drops of peppermint eo
5 drops of tea tree eo

castor oil mix

60% castor oil
40% jojoba oil
few drops of tea tree eo
few drops of peppermint eo

The aloe grow moisturizes the scalp and you seal in the moisture with the castor oil mix.

Hope this helps!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 16th April 2010, 12:04 pm

okay, I started wearing twists and my scalp has been extra flakly lately, also. I just figured it was product build up or something.

I like to use EVOO mixed with Peppermint and Tea Tree Oils on my scalp.
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 16th April 2010, 12:08 pm

dajewel wrote:

Happy twisting Ladies

i always wash and dc while my hair is in twists. i then untwist, detangle with fingers and just retwist with my shea mix.

@DaJewel...I tried washing my hair with braids and twist..it seems that my scalp is not getting clean...do you have a technique???
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 16th April 2010, 1:26 pm

cocoeuro wrote:
dajewel wrote:

Happy twisting Ladies

@DaJewel...I tried washing my hair with braids and twist..it seems that my scalp is not getting clean...do you have a technique???

not really, but then again, depending on what am using i have to vigorously rub my scalp to break the debris. what products are using to wash with? what products do u use on the daily, as this will sometimes not be fully cleansed when co-washing.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Twist Challenge!!!! - Page 4 Empty In need of help with parts & frizz.

Post by talljournalist 16th April 2010, 2:29 pm

I read this thread yesterday and immediately decided to join the challenge since I have NEVER worn twists in public as a protective style. I only use them at night when I'm trying to get my hair a certain way for a certain style. Any hoo, I did flat twists last night and this is what came out. To keep them off my neck, I pinned them into a bun this morning.

HELP ME PLEASE! How do you all ever make straight parts in the back of your head? It took me an hour to do this and the parts are still CrAzY. I slept with a satin scarf on, but I still have lots of frizz today. If I'm going to keep twists in for a week, how to I control the fuzz?
talljournalist
talljournalist

http://www.sweetmusiccakes.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next