CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist Challenge!!!!

+72
Heart2Worship
DvaAuNaturel
TurquoizBlue
september
TheRYL1
TerraD
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Notthecoolmom
Tahlove
Curlock Holmes
xtremelyperfect
swoodward
naturalhonney
LOVELYREAN
tiashaunteƩ
Ambrosia
Buttercup76
Muz
NylaCoils
MellowOne
jcanalena79
NaturalNixon
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
Alanija
agore07
Loveatfirstcoil
KnottyKinkyMommy
MomnWife
NikG20
talljournalist
neethair
deeply_rooted_chick
KinkyNappyHappy
Mz. Thang
TMS
LadyMika
PetiteBebe
iri9109
BlondeByDesire
KeetaRay
ktoliver5303
natural813
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
nikkinixnicole
MsJay1121
dajewel
Nikcoils
lumii
jac.attack
mstokes2008
SheeTacular
ChrsLvsBks
Furlie
StephanieB
Ameenah
BrownSkinDiva
AfrikanLatina
NhappyJackie
Tamren
CocoEuro
Juices-n-Berries
kinksncurls
oooop2
QuietButterfly
CurlsGalore
CocaColaCutie
Karyn
MsVera
Lynnieluve
bholmes87
76 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Twist Challenge!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Twist Challenge!!!!

Post by bholmes87 14th April 2010, 4:59 pm

Yay yay yay!!!!! I'm so excited you guys! And yes Chrs that curly custard that Shee uses is the one I sent a link to. It's GREAT! I'm sure the styles you guys find will be amazing Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 14th April 2010, 6:37 pm

npmoore04 wrote:Count me in! Me and my husband's birthday is at the end of this month so i will let it out then maybe. Because there are plenty of beautiful pinned up twist styles so I am game! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@ooop2 WOW!!!! that is some awesome growth! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

QUESTION: Can we do 2 strand flat twist?

That is a great question! I hope so cause I JUST learned how to flat twist about two weeks ago and want to experiment with my skillz lol.

bholmes87 wrote:Yay yay yay!!!!! I'm so excited you guys!

ME TOO! I can already see it now: All of us with long, thick fantastic hair. Signing autographs for people with TWA's, the envy of all relaxed heads that have short, thin, choppy hair *dreamy sigh* [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 14th April 2010, 7:01 pm

**slight hesitation**

Ok. I'm in! Y'all are just so darn persuasive. I'll start Friday (since that's my wash day). I may relapse the week of graduation, though. And Memorial Day weekend (wedding). I'm just saying, I don't want the twists po po at my house or nuthin.... lol
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th April 2010, 7:55 pm

Karyn wrote:
npmoore04 wrote:Count me in! Me and my husband's birthday is at the end of this month so i will let it out then maybe. Because there are plenty of beautiful pinned up twist styles so I am game! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@ooop2 WOW!!!! that is some awesome growth! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That is a great question! I hope so cause I JUST learned how to flat twist about two weeks ago and want to experiment with my skillz lol.

ME TOO! I can already see it now: All of us with long, thick fantastic hair. Signing autographs for people with TWA's, the envy of all relaxed heads that have short, thin, choppy hair *dreamy sigh* [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lol! that is too funny! Signing autographs for people with TWA!! Razz

And yes, YOU CAN WEAR 2 STRAND FLAT TWISTS!! You can do any kind of twist you want or combination of them: flat twists in the front, 3 strand twists in the back; flat twists all over; 2 strand twists all over; etc., etc ...

What do you guys think about extending it to kinky twists too? They're a type of twist so it's only fair right? *still thinking about it*
CurlieCutes1121 wrote:**slight hesitation**

Ok. I'm in! Y'all are just so darn persuasive. I'll start Friday (since that's my wash day). I may relapse the week of graduation, though. And Memorial Day weekend (wedding). I'm just saying, I don't want the twists po po at my house or nuthin.... lol
HAHAHA you won't have the twists po po knocking at your door! You can have passes for special events for sure!!!! (i.e. graduation and a wedding) AND you can wear your hair "out" on the weekends as well Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 14th April 2010, 10:43 pm

Hey those with TWA's don't be afraid of the two strands. If you can get a couple of twists in the hair they spike up nicely!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 14th April 2010, 10:47 pm

bholmes87 wrote:
Karyn wrote:

lol! that is too funny! Signing autographs for people with TWA!! Razz

And yes, YOU CAN WEAR 2 STRAND FLAT TWISTS!! You can do any kind of twist you want or combination of them: flat twists in the front, 3 strand twists in the back; flat twists all over; 2 strand twists all over; etc., etc ...

What do you guys think about extending it to kinky twists too? They're a type of twist so it's only fair right? *still thinking about it*

Yay for all types of twists! This will definitely give me a chance to experiment with styles. I'll definitely be frequently checking NikG's blog and seeing what type of twisting styles she does on A since she's doing a protective style challenge too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think extending it to kinky twists is a good idea (although I'll just be using my regular hair) because it'll allow ladies with really TWA's to participate as well.

Another question: Does anyone wash/co-wash and/or deep condition with twists?
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th April 2010, 10:52 pm

Ok cool you can also do kinky twists!!!

And I most definitely co-wash with my twists in! It's actually a great way to keep yourself from detangling your hair multiple times during your washing/cleansing process.
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th April 2010, 11:35 pm

@Karyn, I have co-washed, DC and done an ayurvedic treatment while in twists.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 14th April 2010, 11:50 pm

oooop2 wrote:After wearing twist 3yrs, I've decided to take a break from my beloved twist, but I'll be rooting you guys on from the sidelines. And for those who aren't sure if twist really grows your hair, I went from this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

To this:

I love twists! I wore twists for a year straight (redid them every 1-2 weeks!) and my hair grew like crazy too! Your growth is amazing though! I'm gonna get twisted back up to grow out all my heat damaged hair this year.
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th April 2010, 12:55 am

omg, all this peer pressure **biting nails**
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th April 2010, 1:05 am

i think this challenge would be a good combo for my other challenge; 30 day product challenge becuz while my hair is twisted up for the week i can enjoy the benefits of documenting using one product line for an extended amount of time. instead of 6 wks, im gonna do 30 days cuz i like to stay organized wit my challenges PLUS my closing date is now May 26 and im goin up in that room wit a big azz fierce twist out!!

Great idea bh n ntcm...i was on the fence about it but i pretty much keep my hair twisted anywayz; plus when i see ooops hair i already knew **throwing in poker chips** im ALL IN!!!

(p.s.; oooops was lookin like my earrings, lol.)
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th April 2010, 1:59 am

Bout time Nubie!!!

Just a suggestion: We all love pics so when you think you twist are pic worthy, post them here to inspire others......Is that ok Bholmes, moderator of the twist challenge?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 15th April 2010, 4:58 am

you know what.......................I AM IN [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am doing it anyway, with the double strand flat twist for 5 nights then out for 2 days. So I might as well join in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I can post pics later of inspiration if that is allowed and I would love to be inspired by others twist pics too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 15th April 2010, 8:38 am

I'm IN!!
I was actually going to twist my hair this week Smile I can do until May. I need some growth so this will be a great way to achieve it. Great challenge too.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 15th April 2010, 8:49 am

I was just informed by the beautiful Lynnieluve that I can participate with kinky twist. SOOO I AM IN!!

I love all of ya gosh darn it. My curly Cuties!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 15th April 2010, 9:54 am

OK, since my hair has been twisted up and pinned up consistently for the last 3 weeks, umm... I am in, too. Would that be cheating? LOL I plan to wear them for at least another month or so. I've just been wearing them for a week to 10 days, pinned up the whole time, then take them out, wash and DC my hair, and put them right back in. It's so low-maintenance, I love it!!

KeetaRay
KeetaRay

http://keetaray.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 15th April 2010, 10:33 am

oooop2 wrote:After wearing twist 3yrs, I've decided to take a break from my beloved twist, but I'll be rooting you guys on from the sidelines. And for those who aren't sure if twist really grows your hair, I went from this:

To this:

Wow,

I'm in Shocked
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 15th April 2010, 10:39 am

What does the curly custard get consist of ... I can't watch YT at work ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 15th April 2010, 10:53 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:What does the curly custard get consist of ... I can't watch YT at work ...

this the description:

"A styling product I made using Eco Styler Gel and various nourishing oils. Has a custard-like texture. Great dupe for Organic Root Stimulator's Lock & Twist Gel or Kinky Coily Curling Custard but less expensive. The gel provides the ability to stick and define the style, while the oils nourish and seal the hair.

Substitute any oil you like (Grapeseed, Jojoba, etc.). I wouldn't suggest Shea or Coconut unless they've been permanently liquefied, other wise they might re-solidify and ruin your mix.

Recipe:
1/2 cup - Eco Styler Gel
1 tbsp - Olive Oil
1 tbsp - Castor Oil
1 tbsp - Avocado Oil

Put Eco gel into a bowl, mix in each oil separately. Thoroughly mix the oil in the gel before adding the second oil. Cover and place in cool place. This does not need to be refrigerated as the ingredients used do not require refrigeration. If over time the mix begins to separate, just stir.

Use for twists, twist outs, to smooth edges, etc. A little goes a long way."

she had the green olive oil eco styler.

my hair is too short to twist, but i will still be stalkin this thread lol
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 15th April 2010, 11:17 am

iri9109 wrote:
BlondeByDesire wrote:What does the curly custard get consist of ... I can't watch YT at work ...

this the description:

"A styling product I made using Eco Styler Gel and various nourishing oils. Has a custard-like texture. Great dupe for Organic Root Stimulator's Lock & Twist Gel or Kinky Coily Curling Custard but less expensive. The gel provides the ability to stick and define the style, while the oils nourish and seal the hair.

Substitute any oil you like (Grapeseed, Jojoba, etc.). I wouldn't suggest Shea or Coconut unless they've been permanently liquefied, other wise they might re-solidify and ruin your mix.

Recipe:
1/2 cup - Eco Styler Gel
1 tbsp - Olive Oil
1 tbsp - Castor Oil
1 tbsp - Avocado Oil

Put Eco gel into a bowl, mix in each oil separately. Thoroughly mix the oil in the gel before adding the second oil. Cover and place in cool place. This does not need to be refrigerated as the ingredients used do not require refrigeration. If over time the mix begins to separate, just stir.

Use for twists, twist outs, to smooth edges, etc. A little goes a long way."

she had the green olive oil eco styler.

my hair is too short to twist, but i will still be stalkin this thread lol

Thanks, I have all the supplies listed even the olive eco styler get. I will mix up a batch this weekend and test it out.

Ok - what are you using as a moisturizer? Does this work overtop of a leave-in?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by PetiteBebe 15th April 2010, 11:43 am

ooo oooo ooo Im in! Hopefully, I can get my hair twisted this weekend...I will also be taking my multi-vit, don't know if that matters, but Im on a roll, remembering to take it daily now. Cant stop wont stop lol
PetiteBebe
PetiteBebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th April 2010, 12:25 pm

ktoliver5303 wrote:I was just informed by the beautiful Lynnieluve that I can participate with kinky twist. SOOO I AM IN!!

I love all of ya gosh darn it. My curly Cuties!!

Aww Thanks KToliver!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 15th April 2010, 3:01 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Bout time Nubie!!!

Just a suggestion: We all love pics so when you think you twist are pic worthy, post them here to inspire others......Is that ok Bholmes, moderator of the twist challenge?

We should TOTALLY have pictures of our twists here!! We'll all need style ideas and inspiration and encouragement so most definitely add pictures of your twists when you're feeling yourself Razz
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 15th April 2010, 4:20 pm

If I did my twists with YARN, would that count? (I'm allergic to synthetic hair and don't like to use human hair.) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've got some decent growth since my second chop and I wanna participate! I <3 protective styles!!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th April 2010, 5:35 pm

KeetaRay wrote:

Very cute!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next