CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :(

+15
SheeTacular
LaToya28
Intelligentbeauty
MahoganyCurls
Yellagirlcurls
Juices-n-Berries
BlondeByDesire
mstokes2008
Lynnieluve
KinkyNappyHappy
sweetdrk1
bholmes87
NubieNatty
ChrsLvsBks
mochamoments
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 Empty Re: Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :(

Post by Peachtree 27th March 2010, 2:35 pm

Gorgeous head of hair! Thanks 4 sharing.
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 Empty Re: Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :(

Post by mochamoments 27th March 2010, 8:54 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:What product did you use for your twist?

JnB gave good advice. Make your twist smaller. Try not to make a center part because it will be hard to cover. Check out my fotki so see how small I make my two strand twist (I would post pics here but my pics arent on this laptop). Check my 6 month natural album.

A good product for definition + small two strand twist = Great twist outs

Also when you take the two strand twist out, untwist in the opposite direction and the twist will make a small opening near the root. Put you finger in the opening and pull the twist apart gently.

I hope this helps.

Yes that does help. Thanks so much. I was thinking as I was taking them out that I need more definition. I tried the Ms. Jessie's Baby Buttercreme, but I didn't use that much. So I need to use more or try something else. What do you use for definition?

NubieNatty wrote:thats a good tutorial for untwisting lynnie; esp cuz im so impatient. i just straight pull em apart, lol. but great advice, smaller twist come out better and last longer!

Yes I am learning that I am very impatient when it comes to my hair. I am learning to slow down and take my time!

Peachtree wrote:Gorgeous head of hair! Thanks 4 sharing.

Thanks!!
mochamoments
mochamoments

http://www.mochamomentsmom.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th March 2010, 9:52 pm

mochamoments wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:What product did you use for your twist?

JnB gave good advice. Make your twist smaller. Try not to make a center part because it will be hard to cover. Check out my fotki so see how small I make my two strand twist (I would post pics here but my pics arent on this laptop). Check my 6 month natural album.

A good product for definition + small two strand twist = Great twist outs

Also when you take the two strand twist out, untwist in the opposite direction and the twist will make a small opening near the root. Put you finger in the opening and pull the twist apart gently.

I hope this helps.

Yes that does help. Thanks so much. I was thinking as I was taking them out that I need more definition. I tried the Ms. Jessie's Baby Buttercreme, but I didn't use that much. So I need to use more or try something else. What do you use for definition?

MJ Baby Buttercreme is a good product for definition. I usually apply the product to section of hair right before I twist vs applying it all over my head.

Try the Baby Buttercreme again. Make sure you dont use too much because you will end up with a icky mess.

I use to use MJ Baby Buttercreme (recently gave it away) but now I use my shea butter mix. My shea butter mix is wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy cheaper than MJs and is all natural.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 27th March 2010, 11:41 pm

ok, I'm gonig to have to try the mix, cause $9 for 2 oz is not going to get it!!
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 Empty Flat Twists!!

Post by mochamoments 28th March 2010, 12:07 am

Ok, so I got home from church this evening and read Mahogany Curl's post about her flat twist. I had tried flat twist before quite some while back when I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, so now that I know a little bit more, I decided to try them again. I wet my hair with water and then applied Eco Styler Gel. I would have used the KCCC, but I let one of my friends use it so I don't have any right now.

I also flat twisted my daughter's hair tonight. I didn't take any pictures though. If we are not rushing in the morning ( we have a meeting at 9) I will take some then. For her hair I applied to Carol's daughter Tui leave in (I think that's the name of it) and Eco styler gel. I detangled her hair with the Denman brush and then twisted. Her hair is MUCH thicker than mine so I will see how it turns out.

Oh yeah I also applied my shea butter mixture to her hair ( shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil, olive oil, a few drops of olive oil and a few drops of tea tree oil)

Here is what my hair looked like when I finished twisting it:

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 DSCF2385-vi

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 DSCF2387-vi

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 DSCF2388-vi

Hopefully my hair will dry by the morning and I will take pictures of the results.

Sleep tight!
yolanda
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 28th March 2010, 12:27 am

The flat twists look good! I think you have the makings of a wonderful twistout Smile
Since I discovered last night that I am a terrible flat twister (I really am no lie! lol) I am going to try MC's set up too! I hope it turns out better than last time Rolling Eyes
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 28th March 2010, 12:36 am

bholmes87 wrote:The flat twists look good! I think you have the makings of a wonderful twistout Smile
Since I discovered last night that I am a terrible flat twister (I really am no lie! lol) I am going to try MC's set up too! I hope it turns out better than last time Rolling Eyes

Thanks!! I know right. I figure this twist things cannot be rocket science. It sure does feel like it sometimes though!!

I'll be on the lookout for your pics. Smile
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th March 2010, 1:09 am

I think this is the next style I am gonna try. I am gonna watch Kimmaytube's video again before I try it. I think the video is called CorrineBaileyRae inspired hairstyle or something like that.

I can flat twist in a downward direction. I have mastered straight back on the left side of my head but it's something about the right side. I havent figured out how to position my hands (yet).
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 28th March 2010, 1:12 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I think this is the next style I am gonna try. I am gonna watch Kimmaytube's video again before I try it. I think the video is called CorrineBaileyRae inspired hairstyle or something like that.

I can flat twist in a downward direction. I have mastered straight back on the left side of my head but it's something about the right side. I havent figured out how to position my hands (yet).

oh yeah I remember seeing the title of that one. I can't remember if I watched it or not. I'll check it out.
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 28th March 2010, 4:11 am

Your twists look great! I am so excited about your results!!!!!!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 Empty Flat Twists Results

Post by mochamoments 28th March 2010, 4:59 pm

Here are my flat twists results. Considering the fact that I was very rushed this morning and didn't have time to take my time and get it just how I wanted it, I am very pleased!!

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 DSCF2394-vi

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 DSCF2405-vi

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 DSCF2396-vi

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 DSCF2404-vi

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 DSCF2416-vi

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 DSCF2419-vi
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th March 2010, 8:50 am

Hi MochaM

I think that your flat twists turn out very nice!!! The ends are sooo curly!!!! I like the wrap you used. Is it a headband? I didn't realize it, but you have a lot of hair!!!

Wishing you a blessed day!!! KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 29th March 2010, 9:51 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi MochaM

I think that your flat twists turn out very nice!!! The ends are sooo curly!!!! I like the wrap you used. Is it a headband? I didn't realize it, but you have a lot of hair!!!

Wishing you a blessed day!!! KNH

Thanks!!! yes it's a headband that I got from the Dollar General Store. LOL My hair shrinks a lot, but with the flat twists I didn't have nearly as much shrinkage as I usually do. This is my new favorite style!

Blessings to you

MM
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th March 2010, 12:42 am

You've inspired me. I attempted two strand flat twist too. Check out my BnB. Thanks Mocha!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 30th March 2010, 12:48 am

Mocha, your flat twist came out cute. I love your curls. Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 30th March 2010, 11:22 am

Lynnieluve wrote:You've inspired me. I attempted two strand flat twist too. Check out my BnB. Thanks Mocha!

LL- I saw your twists. They look great. I can't wait to see your results!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Mocha, your flat twist came out cute. I love your curls. Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 3 Icon_smile

Thanks! My hair loves the flat twists. It's so rewarding to find something your hair loves!!
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 30th March 2010, 11:27 am

Mocha you have so much hair!!!!!! I am in Awe, and I love your results.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 30th March 2010, 11:43 am

NhappyJackie wrote:Mocha you have so much hair!!!!!! I am in Awe, and I love your results.

Thanks!! One thing I love about going natural is the fact that I am learning so much about my hair and my daughter's. My daughter hair such thick hair and I used to always say, where in the world did you get all this hair!! I'm realizing that I have just as much hair as she does! LOL Mine is just not nearly as thick.
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th March 2010, 12:07 pm

Great results!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th March 2010, 12:24 pm

Looks good.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 30th March 2010, 1:02 pm

I love it. good job!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 30th March 2010, 2:51 pm

I love your results!! And you look great in red Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th March 2010, 3:01 pm

Excellent flat twist results! Perhaps I'll acquire that skill one day.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 30th March 2010, 3:41 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Great results!

BlondeByDesire wrote:Looks good.

RoseBud wrote:I love it. good job!

bholmes87 wrote:I love your results!! And you look great in red Smile

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Excellent flat twist results! Perhaps I'll acquire that skill one day.

Thanks Ladies!!

Bholmes-I notice that I only wear red when I am feeling extra confident. I have been loving reds a lot more since I have been natural. I am learning to love me!
Very Happy

JB-I'm still working on the individual twists, but I'm wondering if I even want to be bothered since I get such great results with the flat twists. I can see me doing the flat twists and pinning them up for a proctective style.
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 30th March 2010, 3:54 pm

Good job! Your curls are so pretty!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next