CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

+75
Janet36603
Deva_87
talljournalist
.:Eden:.
caracara01
melbelle81
Karyn
prettysunshyne
KeishaMac
LOVELYREAN
MellowOne
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Nikcoils
RissaRae
Yellagirlcurls
hurjurnee
NaturalNixon
newcurlieque
LaToya28
Erica5417
poeticlyspkng
CurlCita
SheeTacular
CrissyQ
mstokes2008
jamaicacurl
truet
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
TerraD
NubieNatty
Ameenah
Vee
krazy coils
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
exhale1913
CocoEuro
SimplyShainee
Winnielours
sunbaby
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Mz. Thang
d.denise
Cherry: extraordinary!
cutephantasm
Shauny
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
SisterBoyd
CombatCurls
traveljunkie08
Reeree1224
Miss CurlyT
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
dajewel
CurlsGalore
adiaha
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Corygentri
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
MahoganyCurls
79 posters

Page 28 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 41  Next

Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by MahoganyCurls 28th March 2010, 5:05 am

NubieNatty wrote:wow u can definitely tell the fullness in ur wng pic! i been lookin into more research on the difference in henna vs cassia. so are they 2 different treatments or can they be mixed?

im lookin to try henna first becuz i want a slight tint to my hair before full out goin for the boxed dye MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_scratch

Yes, they are two different treatments but they pretty much have the same resutls, except the cassia doesnt deposit color on darker hair (I heard blondes can use to enhance their blonde color). The cassia effects of cassia only last two weeks then you have do another treatment henna last four. Henna also releases a color. I am sure you can mix the two, but it really wouldnt do anything since cassia is considered to be a neautral henna. Some ppl mix henna with amla or other auryvedic powders. The Henna would definitely give you a nice tint, your hair appears to be lighter than mine so you should see the tint pretty well in the sunlight.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Great Cassia results. I am praying for success with the flat twist! OOOO I didn see pics before!! those twists are great!!! I see success again!!

Thank You! I hope so!

truet wrote:very nice twist will you show pic of twist out will you try smaller twist?
Thank You! No, I really do not like smaller twist on my hair, my hair is fine and it will look very "scalpy" Lol! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_razz
Juices-n-Berries wrote:I'm always amazed at flat twisting talent. Lol. Can't wait to see the twist out!
MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_biggrin
Lynnieluve wrote:Your flat twist look promising!!! I cant wait to see the twist out and what other style you will try tomorrow! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Lol

Thank you! Ha! I most likely will wear the twistout for next week if it looks okay! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_lol

NhappyJackie wrote:I am so looking foward to your results. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!

Thank you!

LaToya28 wrote:Your results from the cassia treatment were great and I love love love your puff! Can't wait to see your twistout...I know it's gonna be cute!

Thank you!

tiashauntee wrote:First, I am so jealous of how much time you have for your hair. I would love that.

Second, woot! for trying the twist out again! I was hoping the brick pattern would help - it helped me tremendously and I always have a icky twist out if I don't do them in that fashion.

Lol! I only have the time now, bc I am out of school until the middle of May. I just completed my Associates in Medical Billing and Coding (I am a medical coder now! Yay!), so I have the time. I will be starting again, to finish my bachelors (will be completed the beginning of next Aug) in Healthcare Management...and we are over here in Germany, there really isnt much to do, compared to the states...when I get home in 4 weeks, yall are probably gonna wonder where I am! Lol!!!!

npmoore04 wrote:MC those twist look great. I think I may try some flat twist today.
Thank You!
Muz wrote: I love that puff! I don't think I would have had the heart to take it down to put in some flat twists. LOL I hope your flat twist-out turns out awesome! (I'm sure it will Smile )
Thank You!
DvaAuNaturel wrote:MC you must have what they call growing hands. Every time I see pics of your hair it looks like it has grown. You bc'd in late '09, right? wow, what a remarkable year you have had.

So inspiring. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_biggrin
Thank You! My momma says the same thing, I actually BC February '09..thank you! I love your profile picture!
mochamoments wrote:MC you are a bad influence on me. I'm over here with my perfectly fine wash and go trying some flat twists!! LOL I can't leave my head alone fooling with you. LOL Of course I mean that all in love I love you

I keep saying I co-wash my hair once a week, but that is not even true cause every day I get on here seems like I'm trying a new style! Smile

Lol!!!!!! Ha! Girl, sometimes I do the same thing when i see other ppl talk about their hair too! Lol!

bholmes87 wrote:OMGoodness I have to try flat twisting thing way!!!! I had the HARDEST time trying to flat twist straight back when I tried this last night and it took forever and a day to do! Plus the twistout wasn't defined whatsoever. Mostly because I'm pretty bad at flat twisting. LOL but I think if I tried twisting in this pattern it would be a lot easier for me to twist.
I hope you the best success when the time comes to take the twists out Smile I know it will be fabulous!
Thank you! I actually think flat twisting is easy, i cannot cornrow at all..well a little, still need some practice!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by NubieNatty 28th March 2010, 7:19 am

im gonna ATTEMPT....strong ATTEMPT!!!; some henna this summer-or maybe i'll do it before the summer (i need to holla at chrs to do it for me). my hair is like a dirty-dry ashy lookin dusty brown MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_silent
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th March 2010, 9:22 am

Good Morning MC,

So are you saying I can use cassia on my hair? MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_surprised
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th March 2010, 9:48 am

MC~

2 words!! I love your PUFF!!! Okay it was 4 words but who's counting. Very Happy Your hair is beautiful...

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 00138

I can't wait to see your flat twist results. I've done twists with the KCCC...I used too much of course, but everyone loved the twist out. Now that I think about it...it was kinda cute. (just the front I have issues with the back) I have so much to try, when I take my braids out in 4 weeks!!!

Much love to you MC!!!! I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th March 2010, 3:12 am

Hello MC!

I was wondering if you noticed any loosening of your curls while using Cassia? (Juices and Berries referred me to you) I wanted to try an alternative to henna without the color but I dont want to get the loosening effect that I got with it...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 29th March 2010, 10:48 am

I really need to check in over the weekend!!!! Loving your puff and waiting on those pics.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 29th March 2010, 11:04 am

HEY MC, THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_lol
I AM GLAD I CAN BE AN INSPIRATION TO YOU, WOW MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_eek

THOSE FLAT TWISTS LOOK JUICY. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE RESULTS MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th March 2010, 11:08 am

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 00912

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 01214

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 01112

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 00817

At night i will start twisting and pinning my wash n go (hair) back to keep it from getting flat and during the night. Then redo it over...this is what I mean...

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 01310

Hey guys!

Sorry, about being a little behind, I have been busy at home. We only have a month left now, and are trying to get things together, so you probably will not see much of me in the next few weeks MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_cry ...

Anyway, flat twistout results...

First I would like to say that the brick layer method works like a CHARM! Thanks Tia!!!! And the twisting method works great as well. The only problem I have is my texture! Everytime I style my hair in some sort of twistout or braidout style, it is like my hair naturally relaxes. I cant stand it..it is like it lose its texture or something over night. My hair didnt turn out bad, but I didnt like the relax/flat twist look (Trust me, the pictures do not do any justice...). My friend came over and even asked me if it relaxed it and then twisted it! When I said no, she said well did you flat iron it and twist it. Sigh....

Again, I want to thank Tia and IB for helping me, but I think I am gonna leave the twisting alone..my hair do some funky things whenever i try this style...

From the pictures you cannot tell, but it felt so flat and just didnt feel like my hair, it is hard to describe it. I think I will just stick to wash n gos...(bc I love them! I do not mind doing a wash n go everyday, I actually think my hair loves it! Lol!!! I know, crazy... it is like the only everday style that works for me..until my hair gets longer and i can bun) and non twistout styles...i have tried a million times. I will revisit this when my hair gets longer.

I hope you all have a nice week! Ttyl!

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 29th March 2010, 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th March 2010, 11:12 am

jlowman1 wrote:Hello MC!

I was wondering if you noticed any loosening of your curls while using Cassia? (Juices and Berries referred me to you) I wanted to try an alternative to henna without the color but I dont want to get the loosening effect that I got with it...

Hey, I didnt experience any loosening effect..i just did my second treatement last friday, my hair did feel heavier though...lol! I think you should be fine..but i do not know what will happen with a continued use...i would suggest trying it and if you do experience this, then stop the treatments. I heard if loosen occurs it is only temp. HTH! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_biggrin

NhappyJackie wrote:I really need to check in over the weekend!!!! Loving your puff and waiting on those pics.

Thank you! They are posted!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:HEY MC, THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_lol
I AM GLAD I CAN BE AN INSPIRATION TO YOU, WOW MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_eek

THOSE FLAT TWISTS LOOK JUICY. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE RESULTS MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_bounce

Lol! Thank you! Yes, you are~ MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th March 2010, 11:16 am

NubieNatty wrote:im gonna ATTEMPT....strong ATTEMPT!!!; some henna this summer-or maybe i'll do it before the summer (i need to holla at chrs to do it for me). my hair is like a dirty-dry ashy lookin dusty brown MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_silent

Lol! The color will definitely show! Good luck!

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good Morning MC,

So are you saying I can use cassia on my hair? MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_surprised
Yes, you can use cassia. Cassia suppose to help with enhancing blonde hair..i deposits a blonde color, but can only be seen on lighter hair. You can get more info about this on www.hennaforhair.com MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_biggrin
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:MC~

2 words!! I love your PUFF!!! Okay it was 4 words but who's counting. Very Happy Your hair is beautiful...

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 00138

I can't wait to see your flat twist results. I've done twists with the KCCC...I used too much of course, but everyone loved the twist out. Now that I think about it...it was kinda cute. (just the front I have issues with the back) I have so much to try, when I take my braids out in 4 weeks!!!

Much love to you MC!!!! I love you

Awww thank you! My twistout came out okay to me...i really didnt like it, bc it made my hair a little straight, you cannot tell on the pictures but it did..everytime i do a twistout this happens. Even the video I made about my twistout, i loved it, but my hair still had that airy look to it. Thank you so much! I cannot wait to see your hair~ MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_biggrin

Much love to you as well!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th March 2010, 11:27 am

I love you twist out!!! I think it looks Fabulous!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_biggrin I hope I have the same results when I try it. I keep looking at the pics trying to figure out what you are talking about. I dont see it. I love it!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th March 2010, 11:31 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I love you twist out!!! I think it looks Fabulous!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_biggrin I hope I have the same results when I try it. I keep looking at the pics trying to figure out what you are talking about. I dont see it. I love it!!!

Awww thank you! That is so sweet, I had to do a lot of fluffing to get it to look like this. The parts were covered but my hair was flat...i think i fluffed it about a good 20 minutes just to get the right look for the picture, i should have taken a picture before i fluffed it..IDK, maybe it is me...i just doesnt look thick enough for me..you know all lucious like yours MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_smile MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_sad MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_lol ! I do not like my hair to look flat...i am weird...
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th March 2010, 11:31 am

Hey MC. Maybe it was the combo of the cassia and KCCC that made your hair look straighter after the twisting. You did say that your hair came out smoother. In any case, the brick pattern did help with the flatness issue. Looked great to me!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 29th March 2010, 11:34 am

I love it!!!! And I feel you on the straightness too, I love big fluffy hair. Hopefully you'll find something protective you'll love just as much as your wNgs.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th March 2010, 11:44 am

CocaColaCutie wrote:Hey MC. Maybe it was the combo of the cassia and KCCC that made your hair look straighter after the twisting. You did say that your hair came out smoother. In any case, the brick pattern did help with the flatness issue. Looked great to me!

I think you are right about that! Thank you!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th March 2010, 11:45 am

NhappyJackie wrote:I love it!!!! And I feel you on the straightness too, I love big fluffy hair. Hopefully you'll find something protective you'll love just as much as your wNgs.

Thank you! Hopefully! I think when my hair gets longer I will start bunning!!!! I used to bun all the time when i was relaxed, I loved them! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th March 2010, 12:06 pm

Thanks much for the suggestion! I think Im just gonna dive into it like I did with henna and see where it takes me!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 29th March 2010, 12:39 pm

Wow, the twist out does look amazing!!! I guess the brick pattern really did make a huge difference!!! I feel you on the straightness, though ... mine does the same thing, particularly in the front and my hair doesn't get big until days later after refreshing w/water, etc.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 29th March 2010, 12:48 pm

I think your twistout looks great. It doesn't look as big as your WnGs but it looks amazing all the same. I can't wait until my hair gets long enough to start messing with twistout, braidouts, etc. I hope you and your family have a safe trip back stateside!!! I will miss your posts and videos, you & your hair are such an inspiration to me and my brand new TWA lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 29th March 2010, 1:21 pm

Looks great. Maybe you don't like it cause the curls are not as defined as with the wash n go's. I think it's looks great on you though. My hair was actually much bigger with the flat twists. Strange. LOL
mochamoments
mochamoments

http://www.mochamomentsmom.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 29th March 2010, 1:24 pm

Another thing I just thought about, did you do your flat twist on freshly co-washed hair? Doing on 2 or 3 day old hair makes a huge difference. So try that and see if that works any better. When I do it on freshly washed hair I get major shrinkage and flatness, but when I do it on 2-3 day old hair I it is much fuller and fluffier.
mochamoments
mochamoments

http://www.mochamomentsmom.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 29th March 2010, 3:06 pm

Well I like it too - but I understand if it's not to your liking just yet. You do perfect WnG's though as well all know and have witnessed.

So how do you do this brick method?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th March 2010, 3:32 pm

I thought I posted a response already! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 28 Icon_neutral Anyway, I think it looks great!! But I completely understand it not looking the way YOU want it to look. Thank you for always sharing your results, even when you don't like them.

IB & Tia thanks for the inspiration, you have me wanting to try the flattwist again.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 29th March 2010, 5:25 pm

Love your flat twist results. I am taking mine out today.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 29th March 2010, 6:08 pm

Your hair is beautiful.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 41  Next