CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

+75
Janet36603
Deva_87
talljournalist
.:Eden:.
caracara01
melbelle81
Karyn
prettysunshyne
KeishaMac
LOVELYREAN
MellowOne
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Nikcoils
RissaRae
Yellagirlcurls
hurjurnee
NaturalNixon
newcurlieque
LaToya28
Erica5417
poeticlyspkng
CurlCita
SheeTacular
CrissyQ
mstokes2008
jamaicacurl
truet
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
TerraD
NubieNatty
Ameenah
Vee
krazy coils
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
exhale1913
CocoEuro
SimplyShainee
Winnielours
sunbaby
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Mz. Thang
d.denise
Cherry: extraordinary!
cutephantasm
Shauny
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
SisterBoyd
CombatCurls
traveljunkie08
Reeree1224
Miss CurlyT
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
dajewel
CurlsGalore
adiaha
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Corygentri
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteé
MahoganyCurls
79 posters

Page 27 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next

Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 Empty Cassia Results Second Time Around!

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th March 2010, 7:42 pm

Okay,

I am finally done with my Cassia treatment. I was going to leave it on longer, but the guys are over for poker night and I really wasnt trying to fool around the mud on my hair while company is here.

I decided to leave it on for 2 hours instead of 4. I have read the longer you leave it, the better it works. I removed the saran wrap, ran bath water and filled the tub so i could remove the Cassia (I got this idea from Nikki). I dunked my hair in the water. It was crazy! I felt like I was doing some weird yoga pose.. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 Icon_razz My husband walked in and just shook his head! Lol!!! Anyway, doing this help remove the Cassia dramatically. It pretty much removed all of it.

After i was done with that, my hair felt strong...kinda weird...and it was extremely shiny! It was nice and big, I had cool fro going on! Lol!!!

Then I stepped in the shower and started cowashing, deep conditioned and detangle...rinsed and did my usual styling routine (Wash n Go)...

What i noticed this time:

My hair felt stronger (not that it is weak, but it just felt different in a good way)..it was smoother too!
I had a lot of shine!
My curls appeared to be more defined
I didnt notice a loosen of my curls..which is good
My hair feels thicker...weird, I know
My hair took less product
It held a lot more water

Conclusion

Will I henna? Yes, I will. Why? Because Cassia is considered to be a neutral henna. It has the same properties except it doesnt deposit a color and the effects doesnt last as long as henna (henna last 4 weeks, cassia usually last 2). Not saying that your hair will revert to its previous state, meaning if you have severe damage, it will end up being damage, bc i think once you start doing treatments, it will improve your hair's health. But your results will have a more lasting effect...I hope that makes sense. I also feel that I can use henna less compared to cassia (1x a month vs. 2x a month) for the same results.

Through my research, I have learned that the more you use henna or cassia, the better your results are. I didnt notice a loosening of my cursl, but I did notice they were smoother and they clumped more, again the shine was out of this world! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 Icon_biggrin

I didnt have a hard time removing it, bc I dunked my hair in bath water first to get most of it out (actually all of it came out)..then I followed with a cowash.

I am pleased with my results. You all may not notice a difference in my hair, but I do...oh yeah, after the conditioning (with a moisturizing conditoner) my hair was super soft! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 Icon_biggrin

Remember, if you are considering this, do your research first. I have actually been researching this for almost a year now. I just hear mixed opinions about the loosening of the curl pattern...but I will see what happens for myself....I think I will pretty much have the same results with henna, bc cassia is similar. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 Icon_biggrin No worries anymore here!

First Picture: Here is my hair immediately after removing the cassia upside down in the bath water....
MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 00420

After DC and Cowash...product added..wet hair

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 00516

Dry Hair-Without Flash

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 00713

Dry hair with Flash

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 00615
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th March 2010, 8:57 pm

Wow, I like the results. Very shiny. Another fabulous WnG. I like the side part thingy too.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th March 2010, 9:01 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow, I like the results. Very shiny. Another fabulous WnG. I like the side part thingy too.

Thank you! I am thinking about trying flat twists tomorrow...got the idea from IB MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 Icon_biggrin ..i like the part too! Lol!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 26th March 2010, 9:13 pm

Love the results! Side part is really cute too. I always love your WnGs cheers
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 26th March 2010, 9:15 pm

Oooo the Cassia results look great!! Smile
I've been inspired by IB too! My plan is to do flat twists tonight as well Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 26th March 2010, 10:06 pm

Love your results I'm still researching the herbal treatments too not sure when of if I'm gonna take that leap
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 27th March 2010, 2:17 am

You hair has grown so much...great!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th March 2010, 10:10 am

WOW MC

Great Results!!! I love the first picture....
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 27th March 2010, 11:26 am

Great hair MC!!! I need to try cassia my hair has no shine even when I was relaxed it didn't shine. I did bentonite last night. I will definitely be doing it again.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th March 2010, 11:46 am

wow u can definitely tell the fullness in ur wng pic! i been lookin into more research on the difference in henna vs cassia. so are they 2 different treatments or can they be mixed?

im lookin to try henna first becuz i want a slight tint to my hair before full out goin for the boxed dye MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 Icon_scratch
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th March 2010, 11:59 am

Good Morning!

Yesterday, after reading Intelligentbeauty's thread I decided to give the twists another shot. I figured since my wash n go results are good, a can practice my two strand, flat twisting and braidouts.

So this post is dedicated to Tiashaunte and IntelligentBeauty!

IB inspired me to try the twists again, bc her flat twist look fab! And I love the way she parted them. So I decided to part mine similar to hers so that when i remove the twists they can shape my face like my WnGs! Thanks girl!!!!!

Tia suggested trying flat twist, two strands, or plaits again, in a brick pattern. Basically, I am layering my twists. Since my hair is fine, my twistous usually are a disaster and they look extra scalpy! Lol! This method hides them. Thank you, Tia!!!

I watched Kabrina M's youtube video about her twistout using Miss Jessie's, and I decided that I should flat twist my hair using KCCC....and that is what I did!

Why KCCC?
For hold
Definition
Frizz prevention
Shine

What I Did
I low poo'd with deva one C to remove the product from my hair, rinse and use Suave Naturals as my leave in (I do not have KCKT yet).

Parted my hair in the front so that the twists can shape my face. Then I began twisting (med-large twist). I used a small amount of KCCC on each individual twist.

Parted my hair in the very back (nape-1st level) began twisting.

Parted in the middle (2nd level), repeat the steps above.

Parted at the crown (3rd level) repeat the steps above.

That is it! I am pretty confident that it should turn out nicely...I will take them down tomorrow to see the results. I am excited, this may be the anwser to my horrible twistouts! lol!!

Pictures

Hair Before - Puff! It is getting bigger!!!!

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 00138

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 00229

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 00421

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 00517

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 00616

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 01213

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 01013

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 01111

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 00816

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 27th March 2010, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th March 2010, 12:03 pm

Great Cassia results. I am praying for success with the flat twist! OOOO I didn see pics before!! those twists are great!!! I see success again!!

Last edited by sweetdrk1 on 27th March 2010, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th March 2010, 3:08 pm

Thanks guys!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 27th March 2010, 3:14 pm

very nice twist will you show pic of twist out will you try smaller twist?
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th March 2010, 5:15 pm

I'm always amazed at flat twisting talent. Lol. Can't wait to see the twist out!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th March 2010, 5:20 pm

Your flat twist look promising!!! I cant wait to see the twist out and what other style you will try tomorrow! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 27th March 2010, 6:27 pm

I am so looking foward to your results. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 27th March 2010, 7:10 pm

Your results from the cassia treatment were great and I love love love your puff! Can't wait to see your twistout...I know it's gonna be cute!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 27th March 2010, 8:05 pm

First, I am so jealous of how much time you have for your hair. I would love that.

Second, woot! for trying the twist out again! I was hoping the brick pattern would help - it helped me tremendously and I always have a icky twist out if I don't do them in that fashion.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 27th March 2010, 8:30 pm

MC those twist look great. I think I may try some flat twist today.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 27th March 2010, 9:02 pm

I love that puff! I don't think I would have had the heart to take it down to put in some flat twists. LOL I hope your flat twist-out turns out awesome! (I'm sure it will Smile )
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 27th March 2010, 9:21 pm

MC you must have what they call growing hands. Every time I see pics of your hair it looks like it has grown. You bc'd in late '09, right? wow, what a remarkable year you have had.

So inspiring. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 27 Icon_biggrin
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 27th March 2010, 9:23 pm

Looking good!! Can't wait to see how the flat twists turns out. I made need to try that. I'm still working on building up the patience to do a head full of twists!!
mochamoments
mochamoments

http://www.mochamomentsmom.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 27th March 2010, 10:25 pm

MC you are a bad influence on me. I'm over here with my perfectly fine wash and go trying some flat twists!! LOL I can't leave my head alone fooling with you. LOL Of course I mean that all in love I love you

I keep saying I co-wash my hair once a week, but that is not even true cause every day I get on here seems like I'm trying a new style! Smile
mochamoments
mochamoments

http://www.mochamomentsmom.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 27th March 2010, 10:32 pm

OMGoodness I have to try flat twisting thing way!!!! I had the HARDEST time trying to flat twist straight back when I tried this last night and it took forever and a day to do! Plus the twistout wasn't defined whatsoever. Mostly because I'm pretty bad at flat twisting. LOL but I think if I tried twisting in this pattern it would be a lot easier for me to twist.
I hope you the best success when the time comes to take the twists out Smile I know it will be fabulous!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next