CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

+75
Janet36603
Deva_87
talljournalist
.:Eden:.
caracara01
melbelle81
Karyn
prettysunshyne
KeishaMac
LOVELYREAN
MellowOne
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Nikcoils
RissaRae
Yellagirlcurls
hurjurnee
NaturalNixon
newcurlieque
LaToya28
Erica5417
poeticlyspkng
CurlCita
SheeTacular
CrissyQ
mstokes2008
jamaicacurl
truet
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
TerraD
NubieNatty
Ameenah
Vee
krazy coils
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
exhale1913
CocoEuro
SimplyShainee
Winnielours
sunbaby
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Mz. Thang
d.denise
Cherry: extraordinary!
cutephantasm
Shauny
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
SisterBoyd
CombatCurls
traveljunkie08
Reeree1224
Miss CurlyT
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
dajewel
CurlsGalore
adiaha
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Corygentri
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
MahoganyCurls
79 posters

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by RissaRae 25th March 2010, 8:17 pm

Hey MC! I absolutely LOVE your YT vids! I will be trying the wash n go this weekend for my baby shower as well as for my 10 year old Brianna's hair, her hair is similar to your texture but it's extremely long we tried a "wash n go" last summer when she was here and it was a total disaster. I think the CG method will help us out this summer. I also sort of use the CG method on my 11month old Corigan's hair. She still has that baby hair so I don't really have to do the accordion technique just detangle it very well! I am excited about trying the method on myself b/c I normally have success with the way I do my wash n go's already but I feel that the CG method will bring out more definition as well as longer results I can't wait to give this a try!!! Oh BTW you and your family are just adorable, I hope you all have a safe trip back to GA!
RissaRae
RissaRae

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by bholmes87 25th March 2010, 9:49 pm

Either way you part it, I'm loving it!!! Your curls are just always beautiful so I expect greatness from them!!! No pressure though ...
lol! You are working the side bangs though!! And I figured out how to make the accordion technique work for me too! I don't really remember EXACTLY what I did but I'll remember eventually right? lol
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 26th March 2010, 3:57 am

CONGRATS on the front page of NC.com, lady!!! I really love the side part as well ... I'm totally with you on that MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_wink MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_lol !!!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th March 2010, 8:16 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 00135

I like it! I think you did a good job of replicating the style.
I LOVE this!!!

Thank you! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th March 2010, 8:17 am

sunbaby wrote:MC,

I like both versions of the bangs. Congratulations on the front page love on NC.com!

Thank you!
LaToya28 wrote:Looks great!

Thank you!

BlondeByDesire wrote:You can do no wrong to me - I love both looks.
Aww thanks!
Lynnieluve wrote:Front page!!!! Congratulations!!
Thank you!
jcanalena79 wrote:CONGRATS on the front page of NC.com, lady!!! I really love the side part as well ... I'm totally with you on that MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_wink MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_lol !!!

Thank you, yes, I am really feeling the side part! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_lol MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th March 2010, 8:21 am

RissaRae wrote:Hey MC! I absolutely LOVE your YT vids! I will be trying the wash n go this weekend for my baby shower as well as for my 10 year old Brianna's hair, her hair is similar to your texture but it's extremely long we tried a "wash n go" last summer when she was here and it was a total disaster. I think the CG method will help us out this summer. I also sort of use the CG method on my 11month old Corigan's hair. She still has that baby hair so I don't really have to do the accordion technique just detangle it very well! I am excited about trying the method on myself b/c I normally have success with the way I do my wash n go's already but I feel that the CG method will bring out more definition as well as longer results I can't wait to give this a try!!! Oh BTW you and your family are just adorable, I hope you all have a safe trip back to GA!

Hey!
Thank you! Do you have a BnB thread? i would love to see your results! I am sure you will look very pretty for your baby shower. Thank you so much! I love the CG method. It takes a while to adjust to it, but I have been following this method for a year now, and I couldnt be happier, my pretty much behave for the most part...Yes, give it a try! If you do not like it you can always go back to a method that works for you!

Thank you!!!!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th March 2010, 8:23 am

bholmes87 wrote:Either way you part it, I'm loving it!!! Your curls are just always beautiful so I expect greatness from them!!! No pressure though ...
lol! You are working the side bangs though!! And I figured out how to make the accordion technique work for me too! I don't really remember EXACTLY what I did but I'll remember eventually right? lol

Lol! Thank you! I saw your pictures this morning and they are fab!!!!!! Ha ha! Sometimes I forget how I styled my hair too...You will remember!!! Lol!!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Lol I am so happy it worked for you!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th March 2010, 8:50 am

Good Morning MC

Love your picture below....you really know how to use products to enhance your curls and hair texture. I will miss your videos, but I understand that you need to spend time with your family. I've missed a lot, but I see you made it home. Are you there for good now?

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th March 2010, 9:08 am

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_smile
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Good Morning MC

Love your picture below....you really know how to use products to enhance your curls and hair texture. I will miss your videos, but I understand that you need to spend time with your family. I've missed a lot, but I see you made it home. Are you there for good now?

KNH

Hi!

It is good hearing from you! Thank you, no, I am not home yet (I will be in 4 weeks). Yes, i have taken a break from making MC videos. I will continue to make NC.com videos but I will not be uploading anymore MC videos for a while, I just would like to enjoy my time with my family, and I know once I get back in the states i will be doing a lot more things. The MC yt videos will be back though, just not right now. Thank you so much! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_smile
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th March 2010, 9:16 am

Good Morning!

Today, I am going to do a Cassia treatment. I havent did one in while. I am really considering Henna. I just hear so much about it, you know the stregthening of the hair, the shine, etc. The only thing that worries me a little is the loosening effect it has on your curl pattern. I heard some ppl say it is temp, but others say it isnt. I do not think I will be too happy if that happens, but the curiosity in me just want to go ahead and do it anyway, just to see it for myself. Some ppl say you do not get as much shrinkage with the henna, but I actually love my shrinkage now! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_biggrin I used to hate it, but I have embraced it. Shrinkage=Volume. My hair is fine, so the bigger, the better! Lol!!!

I was on NC.com last night reading threads and someone said healthy curly hair suppose to shrink...I never looked at it that way...of course it depends on your hair type as well..the wavier types have less shrinkage. I have corkscrew curls so, I get a lot of shrinkage (along with most ladies on this board). I have a spring factor of 7-10 inches! That is a lot! Lol! But it is all good.

Anyway, the cassia didnt really do anything wacky to my hair, so maybe I should go ahead and try the henna when I get home. I figured every month on the 15th (bc that is my BC day) I will do a henna treatment. If I do not like the results I can always stop. I am not to worried about the color, bc my hair is on the darker side, i may get a tint in the sunlight but that is fine with me.

We will see...that is all today. I may upload a few pictures of my hair after the cassia later. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 879602
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th March 2010, 9:40 am

If I didn't have color, I would defintely try the Henna. Can't wait to see your results.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 26th March 2010, 11:15 am

Definitely let us know how that goes ... I, myself have avoided henna for the same reason you mentioned. My curls have loosened significantly with coconut milk + honey moisture treatments and heat damage, so I don't want anything to make them loosen even further. But, my hair would benefit very much from strengthen treatments ...
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by RissaRae 26th March 2010, 12:08 pm

jcanalena79 wrote:Definitely let us know how that goes ... I, myself have avoided henna for the same reason you mentioned. My curls have loosened significantly with coconut milk + honey moisture treatments and heat damage, so I don't want anything to make them loosen even further. But, my hair would benefit very much from strengthen treatments ...

Hey there! I am also suffering from some heat damage. What have you been doing to repair your damaged ends? I know for me it makes for a hard to achieve wash n go! Ugh MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_mad
RissaRae
RissaRae

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th March 2010, 12:11 pm

I'm sorry if you posted this already, but what is NC.com?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by RissaRae 26th March 2010, 12:12 pm

Hey MC. I actually do not have a BnB thread. Although I am thinking of starting one (will keep ya posted on that). I am still trying to get the hang of the whole community 1st and figure out how to work everything. I really enjoy this forum b/c I have learned a lot about natural hair since joining. Look forward to see some photo's from your visit back at home! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_biggrin
RissaRae
RissaRae
RissaRae

Back to top Go down

Post by RissaRae 26th March 2010, 12:13 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I'm sorry if you posted this already, but what is NC.com?

Hey KNH! I can help ya with that! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_biggrin
It's www.naturallycurly.com great website!
RissaRae
RissaRae

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th March 2010, 12:19 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:If I didn't have color, I would defintely try the Henna. Can't wait to see your results.

Lol! I think I am gonna go ahead and do it...

jcanalena79 wrote:Definitely let us know how that goes ... I, myself have avoided henna for the same reason you mentioned. My curls have loosened significantly with coconut milk + honey moisture treatments and heat damage, so I don't want anything to make them loosen even further. But, my hair would benefit very much from strengthen treatments ...

I will let you know how it goes...the coconut milk and honey loosened your curls?!?!?!? Whoa..i didnt know coconut+honey can do that...if the henna loosen my curls too much i will be a sad puppy. I really hope I have good results, I have seen a lot of ladies with great results from henna, so I am gonna go ahead and take the plunge MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_neutral ..still a little nervous though. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_smile
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th March 2010, 12:20 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I'm sorry if you posted this already, but what is NC.com?

Hey! No problem, it is naturallycurly.com MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th March 2010, 12:28 pm

I am so intimidated by the treatments that I haven't even considered doing them. Of course I will be on the look our for your results!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 26th March 2010, 12:42 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:
BlondeByDesire wrote:If I didn't have color, I would defintely try the Henna. Can't wait to see your results.

I will let you know how it goes...the coconut milk and honey loosened your curls?!?!?!? Whoa..i didnt know coconut+honey can do that...if the henna loosen my curls too much i will be a sad puppy. I really hope I have good results, I have seen a lot of ladies with great results from henna, so I am gonna go ahead and take the plunge MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_neutral ..still a little nervous though. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_smile

Yeah ... I noticed that my curl pattern is much looser than it was in December ... even early January. Even before I got the cut which cut down some bulk and definitely before the heat damage of last Friday. I read on LHCF (and elsewhere that I can't remember) that coconut milk and honey has that effect and I've used at least one of them in every treatment I've done over the past two months (I've done at least 4 trtmts). So ... that's the only explanation I can come up with. How did you find the cassia? Did you feel that it really strengthened your hair? I'd love to get that benefit without the risk of further curl loosening...
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 26th March 2010, 12:47 pm

congrats on the NC front page! I like the side bangs too!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th March 2010, 1:07 pm

So, I just applied the cassia mixture. I am going to leave it in for 4 hours, I have 2 hours left. Hopefully I can get it done, my husband suppose to have poker night @ 8 and I do not want to use the shower while ppl are over. Maybe, i will just leave it overnight.

I just used half a cup of water (boiling) this time. Mixed until it was nice and muddy. Showered, cowashed and detangled properly. I divided my hair in four sections and started applying the mixture.

I think I will go ahead and try the henna. I will buy it when i get back in the states, I am going to purchase the jamila brand. I think I am gonna buy enough for a year. Hopefully everything turn out okay.

I am kinda excited...lol! I just hope i have good results....

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 00137

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 00228

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 00321
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 26th March 2010, 3:26 pm

can't wait to see results MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_bounce . I use henna. I love it MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Herz
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th March 2010, 3:31 pm

You guys have to get me pass my intimidation with these treatments. LOL! I can't wait to see the results
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th March 2010, 6:56 pm

jcanalena79 wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

Yeah ... I noticed that my curl pattern is much looser than it was in December ... even early January. Even before I got the cut which cut down some bulk and definitely before the heat damage of last Friday. I read on LHCF (and elsewhere that I can't remember) that coconut milk and honey has that effect and I've used at least one of them in every treatment I've done over the past two months (I've done at least 4 trtmts). So ... that's the only explanation I can come up with. How did you find the cassia? Did you feel that it really strengthened your hair? I'd love to get that benefit without the risk of further curl loosening...

Hi, I actually won the Cassia, but I have been doing a lot of research on henna and cassia prior to using it. This cassia was purchased at Mehandi.com, you can also purchase it from butternbars.com. Last year I did my first auyurvedic hair treament and fell in love! (I used brahmi).

This is my second Cassia treatment, my first one was in February. The first time i notice a drastic decrease in shedding and my hair felt a little stronger...i am about to update this post about my experiences this time MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_smile .
CocaColaCutie wrote:congrats on the NC front page! I like the side bangs too!
Thank you!
Intelligentbeauty wrote:can't wait to see results MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_bounce . I use henna. I love it MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Herz
I am about to update you guys! How long have you been henna'ing?
sweetdrk1 wrote:You guys have to get me pass my intimidation with these treatments. LOL! I can't wait to see the results
I know how you feel, I just did it...you will get over it, trust me, I have the same fears as you do...but I wouldnt mind the tint from the sunlight... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 26 Icon_razz
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next