CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

+75
Janet36603
Deva_87
talljournalist
.:Eden:.
caracara01
melbelle81
Karyn
prettysunshyne
KeishaMac
LOVELYREAN
MellowOne
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Nikcoils
RissaRae
Yellagirlcurls
hurjurnee
NaturalNixon
newcurlieque
LaToya28
Erica5417
poeticlyspkng
CurlCita
SheeTacular
CrissyQ
mstokes2008
jamaicacurl
truet
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
TerraD
NubieNatty
Ameenah
Vee
krazy coils
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
exhale1913
CocoEuro
SimplyShainee
Winnielours
sunbaby
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Mz. Thang
d.denise
Cherry: extraordinary!
cutephantasm
Shauny
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
SisterBoyd
CombatCurls
traveljunkie08
Reeree1224
Miss CurlyT
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
dajewel
CurlsGalore
adiaha
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Corygentri
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteé
MahoganyCurls
79 posters

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 6:43 am

NhappyJackie wrote:Did you have to go through and define your curls? No matter what product I use, I have to go through and define my curls to get a good WnG. That's why I don't wear them much. But with my 4a/b/3c hair I guess definition is not going to be easy, maybe when it gets longer.

And it actually looks like your hair is bigger dry. I love it!!!

Thank you! No, I do not do that..that would take forever, believe it or not I am lazy when it comes to styling...meaning, i try to find the fastest way possible to achieve a certain time. i tried shingling and I hate it. I made my hair shrink so badly..omg! And it took to long to do..nah, my hair just does this...i think the product enhaced the curls more though...
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 6:52 am

CocaColaCutie wrote:That mousse did you good girl! Loves it! Lord give me the strength to not order from that amazon link Sweet posted!

Thank you! Lol! Now that Sweet let everyone it is available for a cheaper price on Amazon.com I will be racking up! This stuff is awesome!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Wow, your curls dried super defined. It almost looks like you took a curling iron and made drop curls all over your head MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_lol

JUST FABULOUS!!

Thank you!!! I can't believe it either..this product is crazy! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_razz

Yellagirlcurls wrote:Seriously beautimous!!! I love the definition of the curls. I'm sure you said, but was this a WnG? I watched like 5 of your videos last night! Love them!!! They are so helpful.

Thank you! Yes it is a wash n go...Awww, thanks..sorry about disabling comments but I will be away for a while and i will not have the time right now to reply to all of the comments. I will allow comment posting in a few months.
mochamoments wrote:Lovely Pics!

Thank you!

bholmes87 wrote:Oh.My.Goodness!! That definition is insane!! I'm co-signing with everybody else - you most def have another winner with this product Smile

SN: I'm sooooo excited for you to be able to come home and spend time with your family bounce Razz bounce I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Thank you! Yes, I am VERY excited and I can finally walk into a stor and get what I want or order a product online and get it the next day! Lol!!!!

Lynnieluve wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 01810

This looks like a spiral/rod set!!! So cute!!

Thank You!

SisterBoyd wrote:Yeah what they said! hahahaha

Thank You!
Juices-n-Berries wrote:That definitely doesn't look like an ordinary wash and go. I thought you got a straw set too! Those curls are WORKING IT girl!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!! You guys are too much! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_razz
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 6:56 am

RoseBud wrote:Hi, question. When you did your chop. What products did you use? if you remember.

Hey!

I pretty much used the same products I use now.

Cowashes: V05 or Suave Naturals

Deep Conditioner a moisturizing conditioner of my choice mixed with a little EVOO (seperately) with a plastic cap with or without heat for 30 minutes...i usually use bed head moisture Maniac or the v05 or suave naturals..depending on my mood.

Leave In:
TIGI bed Head Moisture Maniac (staple) sometimes I would try others, but this is one of my HG products.

That is it! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_biggrin

Oh yeah, EVOO for sealing my hair in the winter. HTH!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 7:02 am

NubieNatty wrote:That mousse did u good. im always lookin at your hair like WHY in the world did u EVER get or need a perm???? especially with it being so fine.

Yea with a price tag $27 for a 3.5oz can of mousse i would be mad as shizzle if it didnt work magic to my head but noooo low and behold ms. sweet's gotta come in and counter act with her price of $12 from amazon (loves amazon, i got soooo much crap in my cart from shoes, purses to now the discontinued planter's chocolate cashews...yes im obsessed)!! YALL NEED TO STOP IT...the temptation is killin me.

SN: i see u Nixon, that twa is growin and creepin up on us...good job!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_cool

HA ha ha ha! Planter's cashews! Omg! Girl, my dad's ex wife relaxed my hair when I was nine without his or my mother's permission. The heffa sure did...My momma hit the roof when she found out it was relaxed. After that, she just kept my relaxer up (my aunt is a beautician)...i guess she never thought about getting rid of it..bc after I got it relaxed the first time, I was at BSL. So, that was pretty much it. The crazy part is, when i told my momma that I wanted to go natural (again). She was like why? WTH??????

I guess she was used to the relaxed hair...oh well..she is happy now, she has seen me in person with my natural hair, bc I BC'd here in Germany..she will see in 4 weeks...kinda excited about everyones reaction, whether it is good or bad. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_biggrin

Oh yeah, now that I look at my hair, I also wonder how It took a relaxer, bc it is a lot finer than I though..it isnt thin, but it is fine...
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 7:07 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 01810

This looks like a spiral/rod set!!! So cute!!
I was thinking the same exact thing! OMG!! I absolutely love this!! Is this day one? Is the last pic after it's 100% dry vs the earlier pics? ok I went back and answered my own questions!!! OMG!! I can't wait till mine comes!! going back to read the technique you used!! bounce

Yes, it was a 100% in the first set of pics and later that night, it got a little bigger and to me look a little more defined..weird! I cannot wait to see your results! Remember, a little goes a long way...that stuff comes out fast too! I am going to order it from Amazon as well! * right now, i will place it on my amazon.com wish list...Thanks!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th March 2010, 10:18 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 617583 placed my order...even with shipping it was less than $20 bucks! I LOVE you Jess!!

Ok - where did you see it on Amazon for less than $20? I'm missing something here...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 10:31 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 617583 placed my order...even with shipping it was less than $20 bucks! I LOVE you Jess!!

Ok - where did you see it on Amazon for less than $20? I'm missing something here...

Lol!
She has the link on the other page of my thread i think...*going to check*
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Empty Trying a new style with my Wash n Go

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 10:41 am

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Thank you for the sweet comments yesterday! I love the love everyone gives on this site! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Herz ((HUGS))

Anyway, I decided to redo my wash n go, bc I am like that sometimes...especially when I get a new product. I have to see if it is too good to be true..lol!!!! Well, I pretty much did the same thing, except i decided to try another style with my wash n go. I have bangs, I didnt cut them, they just grew out that way. Anyway, I really do not like them, in the past and recently, i felt they make me look like a french poodle. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_lol

Okay, well last night I was on DevaCurl's facebook page and I watched this video of this Deva Model (I guess she is) and I just thought her hair was too cute. Now, my hair is not even close to her length. Anyway, I decided to replicate her hair style.

This is what I did

Wet my hair (in the shower..btw, the mousse rinses right out!) applied a quarter size of BH MM to my hair, my hair felt so good when i did this. i feel that my hair need more conditioning when using the mousse bc it isnt moisturizing, it is just a styler. (That is why I leave conditioner under it)...anyway, i cleaned my body and begin detanlging with my fingers.

I rinsed it out, then I applied Deva Care One Conditon (I am really starting to fall in love with this product)...I decided to use the Deva One, bc it is great with hold and eliminating frizz. Okay, so I applied a small amount of that to my hair, then I raked it through. Rinse my hair for 3 seconds and began applying the BnB mousse.

(I forgot to scrunch the conditoner in..but i guess it really didnt matter for this style)

I worked the mousse through...that is all i do with the mousse, i just rake it through.

Stepped out of the shower and positioned the curls along my face.

NOW very important step. I took my finger and twirled it around the curl...this helped shape the curl so it doesnt look all crazy (since they are culy bangs).

I just did the front (Bangs that way). Anyway, I did my usual thing, applied clips at the roots and allow it to dry.

Here is the video...I was just focused on her hair! Lol!!!!!

Mine didnt turn out as nice as hers...i think i will stay away from the bangs..not sure if I like this look...i will revisit this look next year...lol!

Please excuse the eyebrows.... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_lol
MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 00135

Anyway, that is pretty much it today... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_smile

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 25th March 2010, 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 25th March 2010, 10:43 am

I agree with the previous posts - your curls are so defined that it looks like a straw set. I think that is awesome because you get the same look in way less time and effort.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 25th March 2010, 11:13 am

The straw set look is great on you.
mochamoments
mochamoments

http://www.mochamomentsmom.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 11:41 am

mochamoments wrote:The straw set look is great on you.

Lol! Thanks, but this is a regular wash n go...i am too impatient for a straw set! Thank You!

Everyone says my wngs look like a straw set... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th March 2010, 11:49 am

MahoganyCurls wrote:

I like it! I think you did a good job of replicating the style.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 25th March 2010, 11:50 am

I love the bangs on you!!! I like it much better than the part, actually, lol. What did your DH think?
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 11:52 am

Okay, So I wasnt feeling my hair...and I decided to style it again...Just a simple wash n go using the accordion technique.

I used deva Care one condition as my leave in and scrunched with HE Set Me Up gel...

You know what is weird? I think my hair is growing faster or something, idk..but my curls are hanging a little more..weird...i havent changed anything, except doing a wash n go practically everyday..i wonder if that has something to do with it, you know the water and all...

Anyway, Here is my hair...i can be so impulsive sometimes...i wonder how much it is gonna shrink?(I actually like the shrinkage now...) I will update you guys with a new picture after it dries

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 00226
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 11:53 am

jcanalena79 wrote:I love the bangs on you!!! I like it much better than the part, actually, lol. What did your DH think?

Lol! thank you! Girl, he didnt even see it yet! I redid my hair! I know, I am a bad girl...I guess I can try it again later MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_smile...yeah, the part is the reason i didnt like the bangs. I have a natural part and even though i had the bangs, you could still see it. It looks like a bald spot but it isnt. So, i just go with it, instead of going against it, bc it always find a way to show no matter what I do...still working on this MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_razz ..lol...trust me, i am not too fond of it myself.

*I am learning to accept it though...

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 25th March 2010, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 11:55 am

Lynnieluve wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

I like it! I think you did a good job of replicating the style.

thanks Lynnie
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 25th March 2010, 11:58 am

MC- Your curls are absolutely beautiful!! Love the results you've been getting with this new product. Almost makes me want to add it to my wishlist just to see the affect it will have on my hair.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 12:07 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:MC- Your curls are absolutely beautiful!! Love the results you've been getting with this new product. Almost makes me want to add it to my wishlist just to see the affect it will have on my hair.

Awww! Thank you! You should give it a try! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 25th March 2010, 12:17 pm

My goodness....why did I just purchase this!!! Help me I'm a product junkie affraid
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 25th March 2010, 12:17 pm

amazing results by the way MC
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 25th March 2010, 12:22 pm

I love shrinkage too!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th March 2010, 12:35 pm

Well, I like the bangs too... better you than me - because I would have left it alone ... you have too much time on your hand ... (lol)

Your curl definition is crazy cool - I like it alot - and like the others said you achieved a look many of us would have had to use rods to get.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 1:37 pm

newcurlieque wrote:My goodness....why did I just purchase this!!! Help me I'm a product junkie affraid

Lol!!!!
newcurlieque wrote:amazing results by the way MC
Thank you!
tiashauntee wrote:I love shrinkage too!
MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_biggrin
BlondeByDesire wrote:Well, I like the bangs too... better you than me - because I would have left it alone ... you have too much time on your hand ... (lol)

Your curl definition is crazy cool - I like it alot - and like the others said you achieved a look many of us would have had to use rods to get.

LMAO!!! Yes, you are so correct, I do have a lot of time on my hands! Classes are over and I do not know what to do with myself!!!! Aww thank you!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 25th March 2010, 1:47 pm

No class. That explains it. Lol. I wouldve just had to make it work. But I actually liked the look with the bangs. I thought it was cute. But either way, your curls are awesome.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 1:49 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:No class. That explains it. Lol. I wouldve just had to make it work. But I actually liked the look with the bangs. I thought it was cute. But either way, your curls are awesome.

Thank you! Yes, I do not have anymore classes until the middle of May...I graduate next month,then I will be working on my next degree. I didnt like it...IDK, I am weird like that MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 24 Icon_razz
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next