CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mahoganycurls...........Dry TWA!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Mahoganycurls...........Dry TWA!!!! Empty Mahoganycurls...........Dry TWA!!!!

Post by NhappyJackie 23rd November 2009, 4:45 pm

So, I noticed the dryness almost immediately. I co-washed with bed head moisture maniac on Thursday and DC'ed with condish and honey. Friday it was a little bit moist but not that good. Co-washed on Saturday and left some of the condish in and sealed with olive oil. Sunday, sprayed with water to wake up my washNgo and added more olive oil. Monday, I look dry again. Keep in mind I spray with water and seal with olive oil 2/day and I rewet with water during the day if it looks dry. It is very oil, but looks dull.

I didn't expect to have to co-wash every other day, but is that what I need to do? Will I ever be able to go 5days without washing and my hair still look hydrated?

But, I do love my TWA, it just don't want to act right!!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Mahoganycurls...........Dry TWA!!!! Empty Re: Mahoganycurls...........Dry TWA!!!!

Post by CurlyGirlV 25th November 2009, 11:53 am

Curlynaps on youtube has a great homemade hairspray recipe. the video is "how I keep my wash n go moisturized" This may help. Good Luck

CurlyGirlV

Back to top Go down

Mahoganycurls...........Dry TWA!!!! Empty Re: Mahoganycurls...........Dry TWA!!!!

Post by NhappyJackie 25th November 2009, 12:05 pm

CurlyGirlV wrote:Curlynaps on youtube has a great homemade hairspray recipe. the video is "how I keep my wash n go moisturized" This may help. Good Luck

Thanks. I've been trying the curly girl method and it seems to help. I'm gonna check out that hairspray though
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 1st December 2009, 10:00 am

JackieJ205 wrote:So, I noticed the dryness almost immediately. I co-washed with bed head moisture maniac on Thursday and DC'ed with condish and honey. Friday it was a little bit moist but not that good. Co-washed on Saturday and left some of the condish in and sealed with olive oil. Sunday, sprayed with water to wake up my washNgo and added more olive oil. Monday, I look dry again. Keep in mind I spray with water and seal with olive oil 2/day and I rewet with water during the day if it looks dry. It is very oil, but looks dull.

I didn't expect to have to co-wash every other day, but is that what I need to do? Will I ever be able to go 5days without washing and my hair still look hydrated?

Wow! I am so sorry, I am just replying! You may be using a little too much oil. Remember oil seals the moisture in, so it may be sealing it out also. I see you are alabama. Is is it getting colder? I know when I first BC'd my hair was hella dry! It stayed dry. I realized that it was me that was making it dry. It was also the cones and shampoo I were using, but I think short natural hair is very dry.

I used to keep my hands in my hair all the time just to check it and make sure it was dry..when it felt dry i would wet it. Well, i started thinking that touching my hair all the time could be part of the problem and manipulating it too often. Your regimen sounds great. Your hair is pretty short right now too, and when my hair was as short as yours, i did cowash everyday. It sucked, but it help. I did it everyday once a day. And tried not to touch it...that was the hardest thing ever! Lol! Make sure you are sleeping with a satin bonnet, scarf or sleeping on a satin pillow case at night. If you shower, you can wet your hair ...but i would try wetting everyday, once a day, try that and let me know how it works...I am so sorry...
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 1st December 2009, 6:33 pm

Don't worry about taking a little time to answer questions. Your education should be more important right now!!!! Anywho, thanks for getting back with me. I actually just read on another thread that humectants (glycerin and honey) do not work well in dew points to far away from 40 and at home it is 34 right now. I am wondering if that has something to do with it. I want to try all products for a 1month trial period before trying something different. But I am thinking of trying Garnier Fructise Moisture Works condish and sweet almond oil and see how that works. I'll check back and let you know how it works.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by Redcamerasnaps 3rd December 2009, 4:25 pm

I am noticing that you are doing a lot of cowashing and if I am mistaken, your cowash condishes have cones in them? Do you at any time wash your hair with a shampoo? Maybe you are experiencing a build up of the cones in your cowashes
Redcamerasnaps
Redcamerasnaps

http://public.fotki.com/redcamerasnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 3rd December 2009, 4:58 pm

Redcamerasnaps wrote:I am noticing that you are doing a lot of cowashing and if I am mistaken, your cowash condishes have cones in them? Do you at any time wash your hair with a shampoo? Maybe you are experiencing a build up of the cones in your cowashes

thanks for tuning in. I washed with shampoo the day I did my BC almost 3wks ago, and only plan on washing every 2nd weekend of the month. It's actually seemed dry to me since day one. You may have a point. Do you have any shampoo recommendations? I think the one I have at home has cones and sulfates in them.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by Redcamerasnaps 3rd December 2009, 5:06 pm

IMO, it may be time for you to evaluate the frequency of your washes. Looking at your regiie, it doesnt't seem as though you are totally CG. Everyone's hair has a threshold for cones and I know after just one CW with cones, and one day worth of styling products, my hair is a mess. I have to limit cones, although I will not erase them completely from my reggie.

If you are looking for sulfate free, I highly recommend Creme of Nature , the old formula, if you can get your hands on it. The new formula has sulfates. A lot of the ladies rave about natural shampoos like Nature's Gate, Aubrey organics, and even Dr. bronner's.

Also, maybe you should try doing an ACV rinse in between that wash times?

Hopefully, some o fthe other ladies will chime in.
Redcamerasnaps
Redcamerasnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Redcamerasnaps 3rd December 2009, 5:08 pm

Sorry about the spelling and language. I am trying to multi-task and obviously it's not working.
Redcamerasnaps
Redcamerasnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 3rd December 2009, 5:14 pm

@ Redcamerasnaps , thanks. I've thought about the ACV, but am not a fan of cream of nature. And your typing didn't look bad to me at all.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by TruNatural 12th December 2009, 5:10 pm

JackieJ205 wrote:So, I noticed the dryness almost immediately. I co-washed with bed head moisture maniac on Thursday and DC'ed with condish and honey. Friday it was a little bit moist but not that good. Co-washed on Saturday and left some of the condish in and sealed with olive oil. Sunday, sprayed with water to wake up my washNgo and added more olive oil. Monday, I look dry again. Keep in mind I spray with water and seal with olive oil 2/day and I rewet with water during the day if it looks dry. It is very oil, but looks dull.

@JackieJ205. You can co-wash once a week and on the other days spray with water like you were doing. When you co-wash, don't leave any of the conditioner in your hair instead wash it completely out then when your ready to style your hair just put a little conditioner in your hair, rake it through your hair and then seal with your favorite oil. Try that method and see how it works for your hair. You may want to try Giovanni Direct Leave In also instead of leaving the Moisture Maniac as a leave in. I was getting the same results you are getting right now. So just try that and let me know how that does for your hair.
TruNatural
TruNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 15th December 2009, 1:15 pm

I've recently began to get the hang on the dull looking issue. I stopped using the bed head mositure maniac because it has glycerin (a humectant) in it. I guess it wasn't agreeing with the current weather. On Tuesday (I think) I co-washed left teh condish in and slept with a plastic cap on. This made my hair a little more shiney and soft. On Friday I co-washed using Garnier fructise Moisture Works condish, DC'ed with a mixture of the Garnier Fructise, honey, shea butter, almond oil, and jojoba oil. Let that sit for about 2hrs under a plastic cap. Rinse out with warm water, apply more Garnier Fructise and rinse out with cool water. The cool water kind of left of the condish in my hair without having a lot of excess. Then, I sealed with almond and jojoba oil. This method left my hair very soft, shiny and the culs bounce right back into place. Oh, and I applied my shea mixture to dry hair the next day because I don't like the way it feels on wet hair, plus it kills my curl definition.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 15th December 2009, 6:37 pm

JackieJ205 wrote:I've recently began to get the hang on the dull looking issue. I stopped using the bed head mositure maniac because it has glycerin (a humectant) in it. I guess it wasn't agreeing with the current weather. On Tuesday (I think) I co-washed left teh condish in and slept with a plastic cap on. This made my hair a little more shiney and soft. On Friday I co-washed using Garnier fructise Moisture Works condish, DC'ed with a mixture of the Garnier Fructise, honey, shea butter, almond oil, and jojoba oil. Let that sit for about 2hrs under a plastic cap. Rinse out with warm water, apply more Garnier Fructise and rinse out with cool water. The cool water kind of left of the condish in my hair without having a lot of excess. Then, I sealed with almond and jojoba oil. This method left my hair very soft, shiny and the culs bounce right back into place. Oh, and I applied my shea mixture to dry hair the next day because I don't like the way it feels on wet hair, plus it kills my curl definition.

Yay! I am hamppy you found products that helps! That is one of the best feelings, when you find a product that agrees with your hair. BTW, shea on my wet hair, feels horrible too! It kills my curl definition also! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 16th December 2009, 4:44 pm

Oops! I mean happy! Uggh! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down