CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

+75
Janet36603
Deva_87
talljournalist
.:Eden:.
caracara01
melbelle81
Karyn
prettysunshyne
KeishaMac
LOVELYREAN
MellowOne
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Nikcoils
RissaRae
Yellagirlcurls
hurjurnee
NaturalNixon
newcurlieque
LaToya28
Erica5417
poeticlyspkng
CurlCita
SheeTacular
CrissyQ
mstokes2008
jamaicacurl
truet
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
TerraD
NubieNatty
Ameenah
Vee
krazy coils
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
exhale1913
CocoEuro
SimplyShainee
Winnielours
sunbaby
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Mz. Thang
d.denise
Cherry: extraordinary!
cutephantasm
Shauny
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
SisterBoyd
CombatCurls
traveljunkie08
Reeree1224
Miss CurlyT
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
dajewel
CurlsGalore
adiaha
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Corygentri
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteé
MahoganyCurls
79 posters

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by SisterBoyd 9th March 2010, 4:11 pm

You hair has grown so much...beautiful!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by MahoganyCurls 9th March 2010, 4:14 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I cant wait to see this new technique.

Can you take pics of your braid out before you wash it? PLEASE!!!!??

Lol! Sure, I can do that for you. I am sure my hair is going to look a mess and "extra scalpy as Nik would say! he he he!!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_razz

SCRUG_A_LICIOUS wrote:The picture with your curly hair^^^^ is my favorite of you! I love those types of curls! I am a big fan of yours and have probably seen all of your how to videos. You are a big inspiration to me. Both hair wise and just in life. Its nice that you have a husband that loves and supports your decision. My boyfriend never said he hated it but everytime i change my hair he states that he likes it, except for when I wore my natural curls. So i havent even tell him that I am about to BC because I am doing it for me. Keep up the beauty, Queen!

Aww! Thank you so much! you guys are tooooooo kind! I love doing this for you and me...you guys are my motivation! I just want to share my ups and downs with everyone else, to possibly help others. We all can learn from one another. That is why the natural hair community is so beautiful! Congrats on your soon to be BC! Yes, do it for you! My husband is supportive, but trust me, he wanted me to keep my hair straight a little longer than 5 days. I didnt care, i couldnt take the straight hair too much longer. So yes, do it for yourself...bc you are the one walking around with your hair! Love it, cherish it, and embrace it!

tiashauntee wrote:Have your hubby film for you and tell him to keep the camera focused on your head (You know how hubby's can get, LOL). I can't think of a way to film it without the pervs tuning in to watch "the show"

I was thinking about that, but he has to work in the morning and that is when i am planning to style it...i am most likely gonna do it with my beater on in the shower with my bathing suit under it! Lol!!!!! And put the camera on my tripod. I will test it tomorrow to see how it will look before i actually do it.

I can't wash my hair in the sink anymore either. However, it's not because of tangles - it's because my hair now goes down the drain and thats gross. I can't even hang over the tub. I took my sink washing for granted and now I miss it.

Yes, that is another reason too! I used to love washing in the sink, if you didnt feel like getting your body wet, you didnt have too! Now, i have to jump in, jump out, if i hate my hair jump back in Uggh! Lol!
BlondeByDesire wrote:MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 678474 I can't wait either for the new video. Thanks MC you are so inspiring.

Awww! Thank you! I am sure when you guys see the video you will not think there is anything new about it. I will just scrunch my hair instead of raking and smoothing...I have to say I like this method better. I will just do it the way Lorraine Massey suggests (of course it will be a modified version due to my length and texture). I learn by visuals. I feel that techniques and product applications are explained better when you can see someone do it. But thinking about it, I really like the accordion technique. I hope yall like the video!

dajewel wrote:i love ur hair plaited up!!! love it!!! have you noticed a decrease in fairy knots yet??

Thanks girl! Yes, I have noticed a MAJOR decrease in fairy knots! I am so happy too! I still find a couple of them here or there, but it is not as bad anymore. The twisting and plaits really help! I like my hair this way when i am not going anywhere special or doing anything,bc I can sleep crazy, wake and my hair is nice and neat! Thank you! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 9th March 2010, 4:17 pm

SisterBoyd wrote:You hair has grown so much...beautiful!

Thank you!!!!!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_biggrin XOXOXOXOXO!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Empty Wash n Go- The Accordion Technique

Post by MahoganyCurls 9th March 2010, 4:34 pm

Explained:

Okay, you guys know that I am a major fan of the CG method and Lorraine Massey. I dont know, I have been following her method for a year (well 11 months) and ever since I started following the CG method my hair has changed. I am not making this up. I know everyone is different, but I have experience nothing but great results with the CG method. I know you all probably get tired of me talking about it, but I can't say it enough. My hair loves it!

Now, Friday I will upload a video showing you guys another way to "style" or "do" your wash n gos. This isnt really new, but a lot of African American women do not do this. Well, not any I know. You have seen it before....it is called "scrunching"...

There are many ways to scrunch your hair to shape the curls and give them a nice form..I will scrunch my hair in the video the way lorraine massey suggests. Which is bending over allowing your curls to fall freely (wet hair) and scrunching your curls in an upward motion towards your scalp. She calls this the Accordion technique. (Visualize an accordion going in and out).

I have style my wash n go or styled my curls using this method about 3x's now, and the results werent bad. The only thing is, scrunching gives your hair more volume and we all know volume means shrinkage for our hair, especially shorter hair. BUT- I think the curls look great considering that we have shrinkage.

You can scrunch using a gel of your choice (she recommends a clear styling cone free gel) or you can just use your conditioner alone.

I never tried it with conditioner only (this technique) so Friday, I will use a little bit of my HE set me up hair gel.

This technique (scrunching) accordion method works best on medium to long curly hair. I wouldnt recommend this for TWAs. If your hair is in between a TWA and not so TWA, this may work, you will just have to modify it.

The best part about this method is:

#1- the longer your hair gets, you can still do it...it actually will get better the more your hair grows!

#2- If you have areas in your hair, that has a looser curl pattern and you hate the way it looks bc the rest of your hair has a tighter curl pattern and the other section doesnt giving you the TWO different texture look for your WnG..this will help give the loser curl pattern a curl (it helps with blending)

#3- The longer our hair gets the more weight it will have...resulting in less curly more wavy appearance...this technique will increase your hair to have a curl when it gets longer which is awesome!

#4- No shaking required...no headaches! LoL! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_razz

I will explain more in the video..i just wanted to give you guys a little preview!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th March 2010, 4:42 pm

Hi MC~

I can't wait to see the video....this will give me several TWA's techniques to try when I take my braids out. I'll be staking YouTube Friday waiting... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th March 2010, 5:22 pm

I can't wait to see the vid either MC! I'm dying to get a good wash n go technique!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 9th March 2010, 5:42 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi MC~

I can't wait to see the video....this will give me several TWA's techniques to try when I take my braids out. I'll be staking YouTube Friday waiting... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Lol
Lol! Okay! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_biggrin
CocaColaCutie wrote:I can't wait to see the vid either MC! I'm dying to get a good wash n go technique!
I hope you guys like it, i explained it in the post above, you may have to modify it for your hair, but i think the vid, will give you a good start..there are so many ways to achieve a wash n go! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_razz
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th March 2010, 5:48 pm

my video

Hey when you can check out the link above. I did a lil vid! hahahahahaa I am by no means you..but I gave it a shot. No YT! this is for our eyes only
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 9th March 2010, 5:58 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:my video

Hey when you can check out the link above. I did a lil vid! hahahahahaa I am by no means you..but I gave it a shot. No YT! this is for our eyes only

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I absolutley love the video! You did a wonderful job! OMG! I never did my hair that way, well my TWA..that is a great technique! Wow! I am in awe! And you SHRINKAGE is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your hair is growing soooooooooo much! It is beautiful! I love it!!! You should do YT videos!!!! wink, wink! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_razz MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_biggrin

yes, yes, yes! Beautiful wash n go results!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th March 2010, 6:08 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I absolutley love the video! You did a wonderful job! OMG! I never did my hair that way, well my TWA..that is a great technique! Wow! I am in awe! And you SHRINKAGE is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your hair is growing soooooooooo much! It is beautiful! I love it!!! You should do YT videos!!!! wink, wink! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_razz MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_biggrin

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_pale thank you..coming from you my hair idol! Thank you soo much!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 9th March 2010, 6:18 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_pale thank you..coming from you my hair idol! Thank you soo much!

Awww! No, I really love it! you're so sweet!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 9th March 2010, 6:24 pm

I cant wait to see your video MC! Ive hear of scrunching and most of the results get big and curly! Im really curious how itll work for your hair. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_smile

Sweerdrk1 i saw your video and i was amazed at how short the curls got, MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_eek shrinkage is no joke! Anywho the curls came out beautifully! I cant wait til my hair grows out a bit so i can try MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 9th March 2010, 6:37 pm

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:I cant wait to see your video MC! Ive hear of scrunching and most of the results get big and curly! Im really curious how itll work for your hair. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_smile

Sweerdrk1 i saw your video and i was amazed at how short the curls got, MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_eek shrinkage is no joke! Anywho the curls came out beautifully! I cant wait til my hair grows out a bit so i can try MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_biggrin

Thanks sweetie! yes, scrunching is actually really cool...and YES- when it dries you get a lot of shrinkage and a lot of volume, but the curls look great!

Sweet's video is awesome!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 9th March 2010, 6:41 pm

It's still too cold for me to go outside with a WNG here in the Chi but it's getting warmer and I need all of the tips I can get. Looking forward to your video.
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 9th March 2010, 6:45 pm

Shauny wrote:It's still too cold for me to go outside with a WNG here in the Chi but it's getting warmer and I need all of the tips I can get. Looking forward to your video.

Thank you!

It is cold here (getting a little warmer..i am in Germany)...I am gonna do my WnG 7 hours before I leave the house so my hair will be fully dry. Lol! I usually try to do them at least 2 hours in advanced when it is cold outside! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 9th March 2010, 7:17 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:Explained:

Okay, you guys know that I am a major fan of the CG method and Lorraine Massey. I dont know, I have been following her method for a year (well 11 months) and ever since I started following the CG method my hair has changed. I am not making this up. I know everyone is different, but I have experience nothing but great results with the CG method. I know you all probably get tired of me talking about it, but I can't say it enough. My hair loves it!

Now, Friday I will upload a video showing you guys another way to "style" or "do" your wash n gos. This isnt really new, but a lot of African American women do not do this. Well, not any I know. You have seen it before....it is called "scrunching"...

There are many ways to scrunch your hair to shape the curls and give them a nice form..I will scrunch my hair in the video the way lorraine massey suggests. Which is bending over allowing your curls to fall freely (wet hair) and scrunching your curls in an upward motion towards your scalp. She calls this the Accordion technique. (Visualize an accordion going in and out).

I have style my wash n go or styled my curls using this method about 3x's now, and the results werent bad. The only thing is, scrunching gives your hair more volume and we all know volume means shrinkage for our hair, especially shorter hair. BUT- I think the curls look great considering that we have shrinkage.

You can scrunch using a gel of your choice (she recommends a clear styling cone free gel) or you can just use your conditioner alone.

I never tried it with conditioner only (this technique) so Friday, I will use a little bit of my HE set me up hair gel.

This technique (scrunching) accordion method works best on medium to long curly hair. I wouldnt recommend this for TWAs. If your hair is in between a TWA and not so TWA, this may work, you will just have to modify it.

#1- the longer your hair gets, you can still do it...it actually will get better the more your hair grows!

#2- If you have areas in your hair, that has a looser curl pattern and you hate the way it looks bc the rest of your hair has a tighter curl pattern and the other section doesnt giving you the TWO different texture look for your WnG..this will help give the loser curl pattern a curl (it helps with blending)

#3- The longer our hair gets the more weight it will have...resulting in less curly more wavy appearance...this technique will increase your hair to have a curl when it gets longer which is awesome!

#4- No shaking required...no headaches! LoL! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_razz

I will explain more in the video..i just wanted to give you guys a little preview!

I'm really excited about this!!! I've been looking for ways to make my WnG's better!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 9th March 2010, 9:28 pm

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 678474
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 10th March 2010, 12:23 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:Explained:

I'm really excited about this!!! I've been looking for ways to make my WnG's better!

Lol! I am still trying to figure out how i am gonna do this..thanks!

SisterBoyd wrote:

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 678474

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 678474 MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 678474 MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 678474 MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 678474
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Empty Plaits are still looking good...

Post by MahoganyCurls 10th March 2010, 12:28 pm

I did my hair Sunday, and the plaits are still nice and fresh! All I do is tie my scarf on my hair at night that is it!

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 00125

Nothing much today. Just brainstorming how I am gonna film the video friday. Since I will be in the shower. I am thinking about showing you guys how I cowash, detangle and style at this lenght....we will see how it works...

Randomness- My little man (Junior- 3yrs)

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 00126
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th March 2010, 12:41 pm

Your little man is handsome.

Have you tried the Super Soaker method?

If someone wants to do YT videos, any suggestions, tips you would not mind sharing? I am seriously considering it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 10th March 2010, 12:47 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Your little man is handsome.

Have you tried the Super Soaker method?

If someone wants to do YT videos, any suggestions, tips you would not mind sharing? I am seriously considering it.

No, I never heard of the super soaker method!?!?!?!?!?!?! Do explain. Really!? You want to do videos! You would love it!

I say, be yourself and have fun...be creative as well. Just jump into and do not be afraid. I mean you may be a little nervous at first, bc I know I was! Lol! But you should be fine. Ask ppl you like on YT to view your video so you can get some views and before you know it you will have subbies!

Oh yeah, you may feel weird talking to a camera, you know talking to yourself, but it will get better! Good luck and let me know when you decide to do it! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th March 2010, 1:24 pm

Here is the link for the super soaker method. It may be useful now for you and others with nape length and longer curls.

I already talk out loud so that should not be an issue MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_wink . I blame it on my mom since I am an only child MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_sad .

Great tip re: having those I watch check it out beforehand MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_bounce . I will definitely try that. I hope to make some videos in three weeks. I want to put up at least three.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 10th March 2010, 1:27 pm

ChrsLvsBks, I got curious so I went YouTube hunting
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 10th March 2010, 1:41 pm

Your hair looks nice and aww little bit is so cute! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_razz Funny; i always wondered what he looked like when i heard him in the videos lol

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 10th March 2010, 3:12 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Here is the link for the super soaker method. It may be useful now for you and others with nape length and longer curls.

Okay, this is a cool thread...
I already talk out loud so that should not be an issue MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_wink . I blame it on my mom since I am an only child MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_sad .

Great tip re: having those I watch check it out beforehand MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_bounce . I will definitely try that. I hope to make some videos in three weeks. I want to put up at least three.

Lol! You will be fine!

tiashauntee wrote:ChrsLvsBks, I got curious so I went YouTube hunting

This is very similar to what I will be doing friday! Thanks!
Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:Your hair looks nice and aww little bit is so cute! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 13 Icon_razz Funny; i always wondered what he looked like when i heard him in the videos lol

Awww, thanks girl!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next