CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful

+51
mochamoments
MellowOne
CurlCita
LaToya28
NaturalNixon
Cherry: extraordinary!
Muz
ktoliver5303
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Vee
CocoEuro
curly+kinky+fierce
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curlyboricua
d.denise
sunbaby
jamaicacurl
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
Mz. Thang
neethair
PaganWifey
newcurlieque
Russet
SisterBoyd
Ameenah
Courtney
blondie
A85
bholmes87
FemmeFox
StephanieB
Winnielours
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
Pinkrage
traveljunkie08
adiaha
MahoganyCurls
tiashaunteé
CocaColaCutie
Serenity23
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
krazy coils
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
55 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Empty BlondeByDesire

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th January 2010, 1:48 pm

Hello Ladies,

I'm joining this challenge because I was told I had to have something in writing by Monday.

So like so many others, I feel I have nothing really to offer except what I've learned along the way. I look to you all for guidance and hair wisdom.

Let's see I believe I started getting my first relaxer around 8 years of age. Then around 11 or 12 I started caring for my own hair. I can't really remember what my texture/hair was like when I was a young natural except that it hurt when it was being combed out after washing. Then the pressing comb with the hot grease to my scalp ... ouch BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Icon_eek .

When I became self sufficient and able to afford salon visits I would go faithfully every two weeks for a wrap and then graduated to roller sets. At around 28/29 years old is when I first got my hair lightened with the Blonde I now have. That first color application was done at the salon. I use Ms. Clairol Luminize along with the Ms. Clairol Luminize Developer. As I got older, I really got tired of going to the salon from Sun up to Sun down - wasting my whole day - usually a Saturday. That's when I decided to start doing my own hair, i.e. perms, color, roller set, etc. I would only visit the salon from that point on once a year just for a trim or a special cut.

Fast forward to summer 2007. This is the year I found LHCF. I'm not even sure what I was searching for on the net when I found this forum. Anyhow, I was reading what I could not being a member and I was really impressed. I finally decided to join and the rest is hair history. I started actually caring for my hair in way I had never thought about. I knew through the years that the relaxer was making my hair thinner. Never had a problem with the color - ever. So at the end of 2007 is when I did my first ever long stretch 18 weeks - but it didn't go too well because I suffered breakage from wet bunning and not properly moisturizing my hair and protein overload. I wasn't into reading the labels. So the stretch took me into 2008 -- when I saw the damage and I made a salon appt. and got my hair relaxed and cut into layers just a little below neck length. All the while I'm still on the boards reading all the amazing hair stories and finding other sites as well. The natural hair stories were amazing and I was in awe. So Oct. 2008 I got my last relaxer.

It wasn't until Jan. 2009 that I decided I was going to transition to natural. I believe I had enough knowledge at this point where I could do the stretch with minimal damage. I found CN somewhere in early 2009 and was amazed with her hair story and all the stories that followed.

I've had some breakage/shedding which I believe is normal - I know when I first started I wasn't properly detangling.

So here I am today 14+ months into my transition and can't wait until I'm fully natural.

I have photos in my Fotki of the beginning of my journey.

More recent photos:
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Hair_029
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Hair_030
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Hair_031
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Hair_032
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Empty Re: BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th January 2010, 2:59 pm

Okay ladies, I need your help. I have some Afroveda products that I want to try out - I got during the Black Friday sale - so I'm just opening the box.

This is what I have:
CocoLatte Moisture Mask
Carrot Seed Shampoo Bar
Hemp Seed Lock, Twist and Roll Butter
PUR Whipped Hair Gelly

My question is, after I wash my hair, condition, etc. Do I apply my leave-in (Giovanni), then what? Do I apply CocoLatte Moisture Mask or the Hemp Seed and that do I put the PUR Whipped Gelly overtop? I guess I'm asking which order?

I'll be doing cornrows may 6 large.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Empty Re: BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful

Post by sweetdrk1 24th January 2010, 3:16 pm

First, I am so BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 678474 that you joined!! I LOVE Your story and of course you have something to offer. We all learned from each other. NOW the Afroveda I would go to the site and read up on how you should use them. The moisture mask, sounds like a treatment that is washed out. The Hemp seed sounds like you should/could use on the sections before you do the braids OR the whipped pur gelly, but I don't think you want to do them together. Can you say build up. I would try one and then the other to see which results you prefer. How is that? and WELCOME!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 24th January 2010, 3:22 pm

Yay!!! Welcome Welcome Welcome
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th January 2010, 3:43 pm

Thank you ladies.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th January 2010, 3:50 pm

Listed as a Butter -- Cocolatte Moisture Mask
Listed as a Styler -- PUR Whipped Gelly
Listed as a Styler -- Hemp Seed, etc.

Last edited by BlondeByDesire on 24th January 2010, 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : didn't copy correctly)
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th January 2010, 8:10 pm

Good Evening Ladies:

Today I washed with Giovanni 50/50 and 50/50 conditioner. I applied the Giovanni Direct Leave-In and then applied Afroveda Hemp Seed ... and applied shea butter to my ends. I sectioned my hair in about 6 cornrows (braids).

I had my husband measure my new growth and it varies between 4 1/2 inches to 5 1/2 inches. The shortest being the front. Crown at 5 inched and nape at about 5 1/2 inches.

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 00310

Shed Hair
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 00410

Naked Hair - looks likes a Poodle
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 00610

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 00710

Trying to show new growth.
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 00810
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 01110

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 01210
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th January 2010, 8:16 pm

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 01510

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 01710

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 02110
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 02710
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 02810
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 02910
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 03110

Last edited by BlondeByDesire on 24th January 2010, 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 24th January 2010, 8:30 pm

Hi love your hair!!

I've used some of the afroveda products. Since you do braidouts the hemp seed loc butter can be applied after you put your leave-in condish in. It will give the hair hold and great definition. The shampoo bar is awesome!

The cocalatte butter is used as a moisturizer by some. This one didn't work for me because it did not absorb into my hair but hopefully it will work for you. I used the Pur Whipped gelly when I did wash n go's and it is really good. I've also used it together with the Shea Amla which is another afroveda butter for a twistout and it gave really good definition so you can experiment with that one. HTH
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th January 2010, 8:38 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hi love your hair!!

I've used some of the afroveda products. Since you do braidouts the hemp seed loc butter can be applied after you put your leave-in condish in. It will give the hair hold and great definition. The shampoo bar is awesome!

The cocalatte butter is used as a moisturizer by some. This one didn't work for me because it did not absorb into my hair but hopefully it will work for you. I used the Pur Whipped gelly when I did wash n go's and it is really good. I've also used it together with the Shea Amla which is another afroveda butter for a twistout and it gave really good definition so you can experiment with that one. HTH

Thanks. Yes, that's how I applied, I shall see how it turns out in the morning. This go around with the braids my hair was getting really tangled with the relaxed ends.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th January 2010, 10:40 pm

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 617583 Welcome to the challenge!!! I'm glad you've joined us! I had no idea you've been transitioning for 14 months. I know you have a wealth of information to share with other transitioners.

I cant wait to see the results of your braid out with the Afroveda products. I want to try their butters when my no buy challenge is over.

I'm glad I didnt have to come "hunt" you down. BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th January 2010, 11:48 pm

Welcome!

I really like Afroveda stylers and butters. I look forward to knowing how you like the products you have. The only one you listed I have used is the pur whipped gelly. I would use it over the curly custard. The gelly has a light hold.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th January 2010, 12:33 am

Lynnieluve wrote:BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 617583 Welcome to the challenge!!! I'm glad you've joined us! I had no idea you've been transitioning for 14 months. I know you have a wealth of information to share with other transitioners.

I cant wait to see the results of your braid out with the Afroveda products. I want to try their butters when my no buy challenge is over.

I'm glad I didnt have to come "hunt" you down. BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Lol
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Lol
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th January 2010, 4:37 am

Welcome girl!!! BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Icon_biggrin

OOOH, seeing your wet pics remind me of mine. I think I dislike the look of my hair most when it's wet and I am forced to see the beautiful new growth and those straight relaxed ends in the way. So when is the BC date? (no pressure...lol) BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th January 2010, 9:51 am

Welcome glad you made it!!!

Enjoyed reading about your journey here. You really have a lot of new growth, and I applaud your patience with taking care of your hair with both textures.

As I've told you before I love your color! I am going to ask my mom to help me color my hair using the products you use sometime in April. (wish me luck pale)

I bought several AfroVeda products during the black Friday sale as well, but I haven't had success using any thing put the shampoo bar. The products have a lot of moisture, but when I applied it to my hair I experienced major shrinkage before I could finish styling my hair. scratch

This is a product I really what to love, so I think I will try it again in the spring.

Just as curious as Intelligentbeauty...when is the BC date. Smile
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 25th January 2010, 10:07 am

I love your hair color. Very pretty! I've never tried the Afroveda products. Make sure to tell us how you like them.
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th January 2010, 10:21 am

Lynnieluve wrote:BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful 617583 Welcome to the challenge!!! I'm glad you've joined us! I had no idea you've been transitioning for 14 months. I know you have a wealth of information to share with other transitioners.

Thank you.

I didn't want to have "cyber face-you" come today. As for the wealth of information, I still learning. For about 90% of my transition all I did was bun.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th January 2010, 10:23 am

Thanks everyone, I haven't figured out how to do the multi-quote yet? Can someone school me on that. Thanks.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th January 2010, 10:33 am

Good Morning Ladies:

So a follow up from yesterday cornrows/braid out. I used the Afroveda Hemp Seed, etc. to do the cornrows. I applied a small amount to each braid and proceeded and sealed ends with shea butter. The scent is one I can't really described.

So this morning I wake up to rain and very windy conditions - on top of 60 degrees - mind you I'm in Maryland. The wind was so strong my umbrella broke. So I had to put on a hat to protect my do. When I undid my braids I had coconut oil on my hands and applied as I was unbraiding. Here are the results. Nice hold and my hair is soft.

My hat:
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Img00014

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Img00015

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful Img00016

The relaxed ends this time was a struggle. My hair kept tangling up as I was braiding the length. I may just stick with plaits until I BC from this point on.

As to when I'm ready to BC ... anyday now. I hate to look at my wet hair and then see those raggedy ends. I'm trying to have all the products on hand before I BC. I want to order from the Curls line steps 1-4. Also get some Elasta QP Smooth as Silk.

My goal was 18 months - that would be May. But I think it may come sooner than that. I'm looking at March or April.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th January 2010, 11:23 am

Your braid out turned out really good. Cute!!! And that definition is Oooo weeee! I love it!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th January 2010, 11:38 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Your braid out turned out really good. Cute!!! And that definition is Oooo weeee! I love it!

Thanks.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 25th January 2010, 12:01 pm

that's is a fierce looking braidout!!! you go girlie!!!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th January 2010, 12:09 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:that's is a fierce looking braidout!!! you go girlie!!!

Thank you.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 25th January 2010, 12:59 pm

Braid out - Nice!!
Hat - I love it!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th January 2010, 1:19 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Braid out - Nice!!
Hat - I love it!

Thanks.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next