CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful

+51
mochamoments
MellowOne
CurlCita
LaToya28
NaturalNixon
Cherry: extraordinary!
Muz
ktoliver5303
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Vee
CocoEuro
curly+kinky+fierce
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curlyboricua
d.denise
sunbaby
jamaicacurl
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
Mz. Thang
neethair
PaganWifey
newcurlieque
Russet
SisterBoyd
Ameenah
Courtney
blondie
A85
bholmes87
FemmeFox
StephanieB
Winnielours
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
Pinkrage
traveljunkie08
adiaha
MahoganyCurls
tiashaunteƩ
CocaColaCutie
Serenity23
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
krazy coils
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
55 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Empty Re: BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful

Post by Lynnieluve 29th January 2010, 12:57 pm

I cant wait to see your hair when you BC!!! When are you thinking about doing it?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Empty Re: BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th January 2010, 2:49 pm

I am not sure where you are in Maryland but you can purchase Curls at Essentials Beauty Spa in Laurel. They are on Route 1. They also carry DevaConcepts products, Ashea, Miss Jessie's, Curl Junkie and a couple of other natural hair care lines. Google them, if interested. They also usually have coupons you can print.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 29th January 2010, 3:37 pm

Thanks Chrs. That is where I had planned on going to get my BC BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Icon_lol. It's about 40 minutes away from me.

Anyway, I ordered and got 15% off my first order. Also I got a shipping notice about an hour ago. Very fast.

Last edited by BlondeByDesire on 29th January 2010, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 29th January 2010, 3:39 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I cant wait to see your hair when you BC!!! When are you thinking about doing it?

Well I'm gearing up for it "LL" - I'm getting all my supplies together and in order. I'm thinking March. The weather should be starting to turn - a little warmer.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th January 2010, 9:20 pm

Good Evening Ladies,

Snow here in Maryland a little more than we expected. The weather people really underestimated this storm ... salt trucks didn't come out until late this afternoon.

Right now, I'm trying to use up products. I have Yes to Carrots Mask mixed with coconut oil, vitamin E, olive oil and honey - doing a 24 hour DC.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 31st January 2010, 4:16 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good Evening Ladies,

Snow here in Maryland a little more than we expected. The weather people really underestimated this storm ... salt trucks didn't come out until late this afternoon.

Right now, I'm trying to use up products. I have Yes to Carrots Mask mixed with coconut oil, vitamin E, olive oil and honey - doing a 24 hour DC.

How do you like the Yes to Carrots. They had it on sale the other day and I almost bought it.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st January 2010, 9:11 am

How much snow did you all get? No snow here but it's colder than a witches tit!!! JnB I have the YTC conditioner but I haven't used it enough to say if I would purchase again. When I get to that bottle I will let u know.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 31st January 2010, 9:23 am

@JnB - I have the bottle and the jar which is the mask. The bottle I actually liked but won't be repurchashing because of some of the ingriedients. This is really my first time doing an overnight DC with the mask. So I'll let you know how that turns out. But I don't think I will buy again, the mask is pricey and you don't a whole lot of product. Plus it expires within like 6 months if you don't use it.

@sweet - not sure the final snow fall count but it was way more than anticipated. Plus the temperature was below freezing and caused the roads to ice up really quickly. Snow crews hadn't done a darn thing even with the major highways - they were not prepared at all.

I want to try the Yes to Cucumbers Con - the ingriedients are a bit better.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st January 2010, 12:20 pm

BbD~

24 hr DC...let me know how that turns out!!! I bet you will have mad soft hair!!!

Will keep a look out for your B/C.... run
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st January 2010, 8:18 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:How much snow did you all get? No snow here but it's colder than a witches tit!!! JnB I have the YTC conditioner but I haven't used it enough to say if I would purchase again. When I get to that bottle I will let u know.
I just said the bold to my husband yesterday, LOL.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 31st January 2010, 8:27 pm

Yes, it was much colder yesterday. We had three seasons last week BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Icon_eek , the end being winter.

So I just co-washed my 24 hour DC out. My hair felt weighed down - drab? It was moisturized though. In an attempt to use up old products - I used Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. First rinsed out DC, then used Suave Coconut to help with tangles, rinsed, then used the 2 minute reconstructor put shower cap on, let that sit for about 5 minutes, rinsed, applied Giovanni 50/50, let that sit while I did my shower duties, then rinsed with cold water.

I applied my Giovanni Leave-in, I started my castor oil challenge tonight - I mixed with olive oil (a day early) and then I applied some Afroveda Chocolatta Moisture ... and did my hair in four plaits to air dry. Applied shea butter to the ends. In the morning I will put in a high pony.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st January 2010, 8:35 pm

Oooh, I'll be back for pictures tomorrow!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st January 2010, 10:38 pm

I am gonna start the castor oil challenge a day early too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 1st February 2010, 12:43 am

I'm sure your hair was in heaven with all the TLC you gave it over the past 24 hours. I tried the Yes to Carrots mask when I was transitioning, and I thought it was just okay. Not something I'd repurchase. What is your final verdict on the mask?
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 1st February 2010, 10:27 am

Good Monday Morning Ladies:

Final verdict about Yes to Carrots Mask - it was just okay. My hair felt weighed down when I got ready to co-wash. I'm not sure if it was because of the honey or other ingriedients I incorporated into the mix. It was just okay. No I will not be repurchasing it any time soon.

I started my castor oil challenge a day early - yesterday. Once I finised my co-wash I applied Gionvanni Direct, Afroveda Coccolatte Moisture Mask and plaited in 4 plaits. I oiled my scalp with JBCO oil mixed with olive oil. Sealed ends with shea. This morning my hair felt yucky. Really heavy. It's up in high freezy pony, because it hadn't dried all the way. Next time, I'll just stick with Giovanni Direct and nothing else.

Not a good hair day at all.

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Img00110
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st February 2010, 10:53 am

Hey lady. How are you today? I am so sick and tired of my relaxed ends they are starting to really mess up my styles. BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Icon_mad No matter what I do, they just wouldn't cooperate. How are you holding up?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 1st February 2010, 11:09 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey lady. How are you today? I am so sick and tired of my relaxed ends they are starting to really mess up my styles. BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Icon_mad No matter what I do, they just wouldn't cooperate. How are you holding up?

No better than you. Each time I co-wash and see those strings I really get disappointed BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Icon_evil , yes they are messing up my styles. My twists and three strand twists are hedious now, the top half full and the bottom just as thin as a needle - looks just like string.

My products should come in this week and I'll be good to go for anything that may happen after that. BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Icon_eek I'm really trying to hold on and get past February. I need a little break in weather.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st February 2010, 11:29 am

I agree.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st February 2010, 12:43 pm

I'm sorry your hair isnt cooperating.

You ladies know what you can do to have FABULOUS hair!!

Let me ask a question (no pressure), what would be the difference in doing your BC now and waiting til March? The weather will probably be the same.

I hope I am not out of line by asking you this.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 1st February 2010, 1:44 pm

Not at all out of line. I'm figuring a little warmer? I don't LL. My one and only hesitation is me doing it myself. But I'll have to get over that fear and just move on - chop chop. Also my line between the two textures is very odvious when wet or loaded with con. So it won't be a major problem to cut. I have sone Sally's salon quality shears and I'm ready to go.

Yes, I want fabulous hair NOW!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd February 2010, 2:40 am

I agree with BBD, just a little warmer. But I would like one last 1/2 inch of growth. BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Icon_lol I am thinking about salon BC too again. I don't know, but I am fed up and want fab hair now also!!!! BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Icon_mad

But then I was thinking BBD, we could chop it now and it usually takes about 1 month or longer to get the styling down. Being that it is so cold we could get away with 24 hour DC under a hat. And try our hand at styling and if it doesn't work out we can wear a hat and no one will think it strange BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Icon_lol . Then once it warms up we will be ready because our curls will be conditioned and we will have the styling down. What do you think?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd February 2010, 10:14 am

IB - I was thinking the same thing. My one and only dilemma is shall I save money and do it myself - or should I invest in salon cut? I was thinking BC now and by the time summer rolls around we would have almost 4 months of natural under our belt BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Icon_biggrin .

So what will it be self BC or salon?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd February 2010, 2:34 pm

I was talking to my dear friend, who did her own BC. She said she did her own because she went to school for it. So she knows how to cut hair. She said "Now I know your husband. Go get that hair cut and styled so he will be happy." I think she is right BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 3 Icon_lol . So salon it is.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd February 2010, 2:53 pm

sounds like a plan to me
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd February 2010, 10:22 am

Good Wednesday Morning Ladies,

Nothing new to report. My hair is still in a high pony - no manipulation for the past couple of days. Tonight I will oil with JBCO/EVOO mixture and rebun.

Side Note: I'm making an appt. today to get my BC. Probably won't happen until the next couple weeks. I need this snow to blow over first before I travel. We're expecting more snow starting this Friday thru weekend. I'll be grounded in the house.

Have a great day!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next