CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful

+51
mochamoments
MellowOne
CurlCita
LaToya28
NaturalNixon
Cherry: extraordinary!
Muz
ktoliver5303
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Vee
CocoEuro
curly+kinky+fierce
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curlyboricua
d.denise
sunbaby
jamaicacurl
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
Mz. Thang
neethair
PaganWifey
newcurlieque
Russet
SisterBoyd
Ameenah
Courtney
blondie
A85
bholmes87
FemmeFox
StephanieB
Winnielours
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
Pinkrage
traveljunkie08
adiaha
MahoganyCurls
tiashaunteƩ
CocaColaCutie
Serenity23
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
krazy coils
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
55 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Empty Re: BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th January 2010, 10:24 am

Good Morning Ladies:

So last night I did my hair in plaits 4 in the back and 1 on each side up front. I applied shea butter/coconut oil to the length of the plait and sealed with shea butter. Rolled ends with rods. I decided on paits because I didn't feel like dealing with the tangles in trying to rebraid. Tied satin scarf around my head and bonnet on top.

So this morning I pulled hair back and used a head band. It's not the best hair day, but it's okay. Tonight most likely I pull up into a pineapple ponytail. My hair is feeling a little weighed down.

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Img00017

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Img00018
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Empty Re: BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th January 2010, 11:17 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:Hello Ladies,

I'm joining this challenge because I was told I had to have something in writing by Monday.

So like so many others, I feel I have nothing really to offer except what I've learned along the way. I look to you all for guidance and hair wisdom.

Let's see I believe I started getting my first relaxer around 8 years of age. Then around 11 or 12 I started caring for my own hair. I can't really remember what my texture/hair was like when I was a young natural except that it hurt when it was being combed out after washing. Then the pressing comb with the hot grease to my scalp ... ouch BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Icon_eek .

When I became self sufficient and able to afford salon visits I would go faithfully every two weeks for a wrap and then graduated to roller sets. At around 28/29 years old is when I first got my hair lightened with the Blonde I now have. That first color application was done at the salon. I use Ms. Clairol Luminize along with the Ms. Clairol Luminize Developer. As I got older, I really got tired of going to the salon from Sun up to Sun down - wasting my whole day - usually a Saturday. That's when I decided to start doing my own hair, i.e. perms, color, roller set, etc. I would only visit the salon from that point on once a year just for a trim or a special cut.

Fast forward to summer 2007. This is the year I found LHCF. I'm not even sure what I was searching for on the net when I found this forum. Anyhow, I was reading what I could not being a member and I was really impressed. I finally decided to join and the rest is hair history. I started actually caring for my hair in way I had never thought about. I knew through the years that the relaxer was making my hair thinner. Never had a problem with the color - ever. So at the end of 2007 is when I did my first ever long stretch 18 weeks - but it didn't go too well because I suffered breakage from wet bunning and not properly moisturizing my hair and protein overload. I wasn't into reading the labels. So the stretch took me into 2008 -- when I saw the damage and I made a salon appt. and got my hair relaxed and cut into layers just a little below neck length. All the while I'm still on the boards reading all the amazing hair stories and finding other sites as well. The natural hair stories were amazing and I was in awe. So Oct. 2008 I got my last relaxer.

It wasn't until Jan. 2009 that I decided I was going to transition to natural. I believe I had enough knowledge at this point where I could do the stretch with minimal damage. I found CN somewhere in early 2009 and was amazed with her hair story and all the stories that followed.

I've had some breakage/shedding which I believe is normal - I know when I first started I wasn't properly detangling.

So here I am today 14+ months into my transition and can't wait until I'm fully natural.

I have photos in my Fotki of the beginning of my journey.

More recent photos:
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Hair_029
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Hair_030
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Hair_031
BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Hair_032

Again, welcome and your hair is so shiny! congrats on your transition! BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Icon_sunny
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th January 2010, 11:20 am

Yeahhhhhhhh, I got a page two. BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 678474

@MahoganyCurls - thank you.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th January 2010, 10:06 am

Good Morning Ladies:

Happy Hump Day!

So nothing special to report in my hair life.

I have my hair up a in high "frizzy" bun. I'm imagining it will be like this until Saturday and when I do my overnight DC.

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Img00010

Everyone have a safe and blessed day.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 27th January 2010, 2:34 pm

I LOVE your color and your braid out is great.

And I just wanted to say I had to do a double take when I saw your age, you look like someone I know here who is 10 years younger than you.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 27th January 2010, 2:42 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good Morning Ladies:

So last night I did my hair in plaits 4 in the back and 1 on each side up front. I applied shea butter/coconut oil to the length of the plait and sealed with shea butter. Rolled ends with rods. I decided on paits because I didn't feel like dealing with the tangles in trying to rebraid. Tied satin scarf around my head and bonnet on top.

So this morning I pulled hair back and used a head band. It's not the best hair day, but it's okay. Tonight most likely I pull up into a pineapple ponytail. My hair is feeling a little weighed down.

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Img00017

BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Img00018

I like how this turned out! And it sounds like it was super easy and didn't take a lot of time.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th January 2010, 3:29 pm

adiaha wrote:I LOVE your color and your braid out is great.

And I just wanted to say I had to do a double take when I saw your age, you look like someone I know here who is 10 years younger than you.

Me too!! I never paid attention to your age until Adiaha just brought it up. I hope I look as good as you when I turn 40.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th January 2010, 4:00 pm

@TravelJunkie - yes it was pretty - the trick is keeping the definition in the days that follow

@Adiah - Thank you.
@LL thank you too ... BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Icon_smile

No one ever believes me when I tell them my age or the fact that I have grown children BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Icon_eek .
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th January 2010, 5:31 pm

BlondeByDesire...

You do look good. I had my age on the site then I pulled if off. Not shame to say I'm 48, BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Icon_cheersbut I don't like to put my birthday and certain information on the internet. (just starting to act like my mama)

I like your bun...too cute.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th January 2010, 6:06 pm

@KNH - thanks - and I know what you mean - I was hesitant too - even about posting photos.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th January 2010, 6:12 pm

Okay - so today is one of those day when I think my hair is looking a hot mess. You saw the high pony that I have it in - earlier post.

But surprisingly I got compliments on my "natural" hair from my caucasian co-worker today. She was like "I really love your natural hair - I like it like this - I've meaning to tell you that".

Suffice to say, I was really happy with the compliment.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 6:34 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Okay - so today is one of those day when I think my hair is looking a hot mess. You saw the high pony that I have it in - earlier post.

But surprisingly I got compliments on my "natural" hair from my caucasian co-worker today. She was like "I really love your natural hair - I like it like this - I've meaning to tell you that".

yay! That is awesome!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th January 2010, 6:39 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Okay - so today is one of those day when I think my hair is looking a hot mess. You saw the high pony that I have it in - earlier post.

Usually when we think our hair looks its worse, someone always comes along and tell you how nice it looks.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 27th January 2010, 7:00 pm

I know what you mean! I am glad to be bunning this week and not worry about it. I can't have too bad of a hair day with a bun, LOL!
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th January 2010, 11:19 pm

Although we don't seek approvement doesn't it feel good when you receive it!! I love your hair!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 1:51 am

Lynnieluve wrote:

Me too!! I never paid attention to your age until Adiaha just brought it up. I hope I look as good as you when I turn 40.

YOU LOOK MARVELOUS AT 40 BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Icon_flower
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th January 2010, 10:06 am

Good Thursday Morning Ladies:

Yesterday in the mail I got my free sample of the homemade shea butter with love(?) ... something like (I can't remember the full name). I remember a couple weeks someone had posted about the free sample. I haven't tried it yet.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th January 2010, 10:07 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:

YOU LOOK MARVELOUS AT 40 BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Icon_flower

Thank you.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th January 2010, 10:07 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Although we don't seek approvement doesn't it feel good when you receive it!! I love your hair!

Yes it does, and thank you.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 29th January 2010, 1:17 am

WOW. You look awesome!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 29th January 2010, 11:02 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:WOW. You look awesome!

Thank you.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 29th January 2010, 11:08 am

Happy Friday Ladies:

I hope everyone is doing well and having a good hair day.

Nothing new to report - I'm still bunning it until tomorrow night.

I ordered some Elasta Care Feels Like Silk (16oz).

Also ordered Qhemet Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm.

Both items have shipped. BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 678474

Placing a order from the Curls Line - steps 1-4.

Gearing up for my BC. I really believe these relaxed ends are hendering and stunting my growth - not to mention the breakage and shedding.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th January 2010, 11:13 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:Happy Friday Ladies:

I hope everyone is doing well and having a good hair day.

Nothing new to report - I'm still bunning it until tomorrow night.

I ordered some Elasta Care Feels Like Silk (16oz).

Also ordered Qhemet Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm.

Both items have shipped. BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 678474

Placing a order from the Curls Line - steps 1-4.

Gearing up for my BC. I really believe these relaxed ends are hendering and stunting my growth - not to mention the breakage and shedding.

Yay for new products BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Are you exciting about BCing? Or nervous?
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 29th January 2010, 11:17 am

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I need to make it happen. I feel like now the relaxed portion is hendering my progress.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th January 2010, 11:25 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I need to make it happen. I feel like now the relaxed portion is hendering my progress.

Do it when you are ready. Make the BC, mentally in your head, then go ahead and do when you feel you are ready. You will be so happy. My last relaxer was Dec. 5, 2008 so, it has been a year since i relaxed my hair. My 1 year anniversary is in about 2 weeks. That mean you should have about the same amount of hair as myself or more. Most likely more. You will be fine! Good luck! I cant wait to see it!!! BlondeByDesire - My Hair has a name - BELLA -means beautiful - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next