CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural in Wonderland

+37
LadyMika
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
TMS
krazy coils
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
lovesunshine17
LaToya28
MellowOne
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
AfrikanLatina
blondie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
truet
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Stacye
HumanNature
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
vonda4b
tiashaunteƩ
MsJay1121
FemmeFox
41 posters

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Empty Re: Natural in Wonderland

Post by NubieNatty 10th December 2010, 10:18 pm

lol, i love u guys!! and yes those back shots are hard to take Shocked so i try to sit on the counter and just get the clicking!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 11th December 2010, 12:01 pm

Hi, I think I have visited your house once since i have been here. Your hair is growing good, keep up the good work.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 13th December 2010, 4:45 pm

Hey lady, I saw you on Natural Selection. At first I wasn't sure if it was you, but then I saw your avi...very interesting feature, congrats!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Empty Guest Blog Post on NaturalSelectionBlog.com!

Post by FemmeFox 14th December 2010, 1:40 pm

Happy Tuesday Ladies!

I have a guest post up on Natural Selection. It's about the experiences that my Girlfriend and I had coming out and going Natural. If you get a chance, please go and check it out. It's my first-ever blog post and I'm really excited about it! Let me know what you think in the comments there.

So how was your weekend? Mine went well. The Holiday party for my GF's company was fun. They held it at the San Jose Tech Museum and we were treated to a science scavenger hunt, an IMAX movie about California and innovation, and most importantly, and open bar I love you. I wore a peacock blue sheath dress and a big, fluffy, fro. I was going to modify the updo that I wore last week but once I took down the crown, I couldn't get my hair to do what I wanted. This is another lesson in not trying to style the day of an event. I seem to always forget that Seffy takes more time than I think (or like sometimes). Have you decided what you're going to do with your hair for Christmas and NYE? For Xmas I'm not really sure but since it's going to be pretty low key I'll most likely wear an updo left over from that week. New Year's Eve I'm going to attempt a roller set on two-strand twists. I want a funky holiday style that will last at least until the next day. I need to get more perm rods.

That's all for now!
Love!

Savvy & Seffy
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th December 2010, 4:10 pm

This article was very well written and I enjoyed reading every word. You and T are vey beautiful women with similiar stories. Thanks for sharing because both worlds are similar. People have a tendency to give their opinon about our hair, and lifestyle. Well I'm glad you found CN and us!!

Thanks for sharing!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 14th December 2010, 7:02 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Hi, I think I have visited your house once since i have been here. Your hair is growing good, keep up the good work.

Thanks for stopping by Crissy! It has taken me a minute but I think I finally have it down!

LaToya28 wrote:Hey lady, I saw you on Natural Selection. At first I wasn't sure if it was you, but then I saw your avi...very interesting feature, congrats!

Thanks LaToya

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:This article was very well written and I enjoyed reading every word. You and T are vey beautiful women with similiar stories. Thanks for sharing because both worlds are similar. People have a tendency to give their opinon about our hair, and lifestyle. Well I'm glad you found CN and us!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks KNH. I think that often times it's hard to come out in all female spaces as a lesbian. The black community has so much baggage when it comes to homosexuality that it can be uncomfortable to say anything. That being said I am really grateful for the CurlyNikki community. You guys feel like my family!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 16th December 2010, 11:35 am

thanx for sharing femme; i loved the story and its very inspiring. T's mom's comment was such a tear jerker for me and ur right, its sad that we live in the world where its uncomfortable to be who u are so its so brave to see people come out and say this is me and i love it and if u dont kiss my azz! people arent educating our kids to stop being so closed minded...anyhoo...i guess when u guys make a trip to DC to get married-im here! Cool
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 17th December 2010, 7:20 pm

NubieNatty wrote:thanx for sharing femme; i loved the story and its very inspiring. T's mom's comment was such a tear jerker for me and ur right, its sad that we live in the world where its uncomfortable to be who u are so its so brave to see people come out and say this is me and i love it and if u dont kiss my azz! people arent educating our kids to stop being so closed minded...anyhoo...i guess when u guys make a trip to DC to get married-im here! Cool

Thanks Nubie! We have been talking about flying out East to get married if Cali doesn't get it's act together. If we so I'll let you know!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th December 2010, 8:13 pm

Hi lady! I enjoyed your article on Natural Selection.

Would love to see pictures of your hair and dress from last weekend.

What are you plans for this weekend? I'm going to a masquerade party tonight. I am excited.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 20th December 2010, 1:51 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi lady! I enjoyed your article on Natural Selection.

Would love to see pictures of your hair and dress from last weekend.

What are you plans for this weekend? I'm going to a masquerade party tonight. I am excited.

I will have pics with the dress up soon. I'm wearing it again for my annual NYE Happy Hour Pre-Party with my friends. It was a little too tight on 12/12 so I have upped my exercise game so that I can breathe a bit, lol. Embarassed

This weekend was pretty low key. Started finally getting up our Xmas decorations (update: tree is still not up! The GF is gonna get it!) and finalizing plans with out family. I also was model (victim?) for a friend who is also an esthetician. She starting a new job and she needed to demonstrate a brazilian wax. She asked and I was there. Evil or Very Mad The only good thing is that when I need a model for a brazilian, she will be there!

That's all for now!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th December 2010, 4:06 pm

What a lovely article! Bravo!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 21st December 2010, 6:40 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:What a lovely article! Bravo!
Thanks Sweet!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 11:41 am

Hey FemmeFox

How was your Christmas? Did you and T get that tree up before December 25th? LOL Hope you had a wonderful day with family....and would love see pictures from the NYE Happy Hour Party..hint, hint!!!

Just in case I don't get back over here before this end of this week; I want to wish you and T as safe and blessed New Year!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th December 2010, 2:58 pm

Hoping you the best in the New Year!

Take care of yourself lady!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th December 2010, 3:23 pm

Happy New Year Sis!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Empty Happy New Year!

Post by FemmeFox 4th January 2011, 2:05 pm

Happy New Year Ladies!

Sorry that I didn't write up a proper 'Happy Holidays' post before I left on my vacation. I had many grand ideas of going to the library while I was off work to update my Fotki and post new pic here, but as you can see, that didn't happen.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey FemmeFox

How was your Christmas? Did you and T get that tree up before December 25th? LOL Hope you had a wonderful day with family....and would love see pictures from the NYE Happy Hour Party..hint, hint!!!

Just in case I don't get back over here before this end of this week; I want to wish you and T as safe and blessed New Year!!!
Thanks KNH and Happy New Year to you too! We DID get the tree up before the 25th. I believe it went up on the 20th and I am lobbying to keep it up til Valentine's Day (too long?) We actually ended up not having the Happy Hour because of my hair! I decided that I wanted to do a roller set on mini twists No It took forever! More like 3 days total. I washed, dc'd, and detangled on day 1. Then I wore jumbo flat twists for a day to stretch Seffy out. Day 3 I took down my flat twists and began the process of mini twisting. I used coconut oil (for any tangles that I came across), MHC Afro Koko Silky Lotion (as a moisturizing layer) and SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie (as my styler). I ended up on finishing half my hair on Thursday nite and finished the rest Friday morning. By the time I was done, I was not in the mood to start getting ready for a 5:00 pm party. Not many people had rsvp'd (like 2) so I txt'd everyone and cancelled it. Tamika and I went to the 9 pm Paul Mooney show at Black Rep Theater in Berkeley, CA. If you are a Paul Mooney fan, I highly recommend seeing him live. I will have pics of my hair and outfit up tomorrow. I have to put them on my usb drive to bring them to work.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hoping you the best in the New Year!
Take care of yourself lady!
Happy New Year Chrs! I will definitely be over to see what you've been up to.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Happy New Year Sis!
Happy New Year! I can't believe you chopped again! Can't wait to get over to your thread and see what's up with Sasha!

I hope that everyone had a safe and wonderful Holiday Season. I also wish you the best in all your endeavors throughout 2011.

love!
Savannah & Seffy
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Empty Gasp! She actually has pictures up!

Post by FemmeFox 5th January 2011, 9:08 pm

Happy Wednesday ladies!

Yes you read correctly, I am posting pictures. A GANG of pix actually. These are all from over the holiday (and my birthday Razz ) .

My birthday was on Nov. 17th. My family always does my birthday with Thanksgiving because we know that everyone will be there. My cousin Leah baked me my fav cake: Funfetti with Pink Cream Cheese Frosting!
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0010

This is the first time I wore the blue dress, to T's company Holiday party at the San Jose Tech Museum. I rocked a fro that night cuz Seffy wasn't having it!!!
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0015

My younger brother. His birthday is right before Christmas so we always do the two together. Ladies, this is what 30 looks like now.
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0017

My beautiful niece (my younger brother's daughter). She is 9. Wait til you see how tall she is!
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0110

What did I tell you? I'm a shorty but Noelani is not. My brother and her Mom are both 5'10 plus.
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0111

Father daughter. Noel (brother) has had locs for 4 years.
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0112

My big little brother. For Christmas I wore a chucky braidout with flat twists to the side along my hairline.
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0113

Prep for my NYE look. These are the medium/mini twists before I set them on rollers. You can see that I had already started, lol.
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0114

The back.
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0210

Rollers removed but hair not fluffed. Side view.
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0211

Back view
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0212

Finished look. I went with a smokey eye/nude lip combo.
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0213

All put together!
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0215

New Year, Same Love.
Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Sav_0216

Like I said, I had a gang of pics. I will post the look in the Make-up thread tomorrow. I loved the combo and with the hair, I felt very classy and sexy.

Hope you like!
Seffy & Savvy

FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th January 2011, 9:49 pm

Hot dayum you said pics and you meant it! Beautiful family! I loved the NYE look! Absolutely stunning!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th January 2011, 9:54 pm

I enjoyed the pics. I waiting to see if you brother would smile in the pics. I wanted to see if he had the signature gap like you and your mom and grandmom. That pic of you and your GF is steamy...lol I love the results of your curly mini twist!! I have to try that!! What kind/size rollers did you use?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 5th January 2011, 9:57 pm

Hey Lady! Happy New Year (and belated b-day)!

Lookin' good! Q: What type of rollers did you use to roll your twists?

I read your piece on Natural Selection... cheers

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 6th January 2011, 1:43 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hot dayum you said pics and you meant it! Beautiful family! I loved the NYE look! Absolutely stunning!

Thanks Sweet! I LOVE the new Sasha. I'm just getting caught up but I will leave you some love on your page.

Lynnieluve wrote:I enjoyed the pics. I waiting to see if you brother would smile in the pics. I wanted to see if he had the signature gap like you and your mom and grandmom. That pic of you and your GF is steamy...lol I love the results of your curly mini twist!! I have to try that!! What kind/size rollers did you use?

Thanks Lynnie! I think that you could rock this style. I used long perm rods (the white ones). The diameter is 9/16". You may need something bigger since your hair is swangin now. I used 3 packs, each pack has 12 rods. I got the first pact at Sally's and picked up the other two an Asian BSS.

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Lady! Happy New Year (and belated b-day)!

Lookin' good! Q: What type of rollers did you use to roll your twists?

I read your piece on Natural Selection... cheers

Thanks RYL1. I answered your question above. Thanks for reading the Natural Selection piece. We enjoyed writing it.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 21 Empty Hair Resolutions or Introducing Seffy M. Fox

Post by FemmeFox 7th January 2011, 8:08 pm

Happy Friday Ladies!

Any weekend hair plans? I still have my twists in from NYE and they're holding up really well. I've been trying to flat twist or braid them at night so they don't get too fuzzy. I'm probably going to try to stretch this style for at least another 2 weeks. I will be cowashing and DC'ing this weekend. I'll moisturize and seal in sections and then flat twist or cornrow to stretch the back out. I'll either tuck the ends on put them on perm rods. I MAY get creative and wet set my twists on the rods to see how they look.

I am always realizing new things with Seffy. Most of them are pretty common sense but sometimes it takes me a minute, lol. One of my newest realizations is about moisture. Before I went Natural this last time, I didn't think too much about moisture. I just did whatever and my hair grew. I had tons of splits and breakage but hair was not a big priority. In the past 15 months I have learned to be more mindful of my hair but I still wasn't moisturizing enough. All that is about to change.

In 2011 Moisture will become Seffy's middle name...I think Fox will her last, lol. Her need for moisture hit me when I started creating a reggie for my colored hair. I knew that I needed protein BUT it was Seffy's reaction after adding moisture (following my clarifying shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo, using two conditioners, doing an oil rinse, properly sealing) where I saw the difference. I was able to see all my textures (there is some 3c sprinkled in there), Seffy had some hang, I could detangle with my fingers! At first I was a bit worried about hydral fatigue but after seeing and feeling how happy she is, I am no longer worried. I love you

Here are my 2011 Hair Resolutions

• Keep Seffy moist.
  • Finger detangle only. The last time I tried to comb her, WITH a shower comb, loaded with aussie most...it wasn't happening. My hair is so coily that combs just seem to break my strands. pale
  • Keep breakage at a minimum: more stretched and protective styles now that I have about 4-6 inches all over.
  • Baby my ends...cuz they need it! I will do another trim but not until I have my color touched up in February

My main goal is to stick to a regimen and get a set roster of products. My hair goal is shoulder length unstretched and APL stretched. Its going to take a few years but I'm in no rush. I know that after that I'll most likely go back to rockin a baldie or ceaser. I kinda miss being all eyes and lips, lol

Any hair goals/resolutions/changes for 2011?

Have a great weekend!

Love!
Seffy M. Fox
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th January 2011, 8:23 pm

Love the pics, and your family is beautiful. I like the twist, they turned out great. You and th e GF look good together.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th January 2011, 8:26 pm

I know what I wanted to ask you. How is TMS? I think that was her name, I know u and her communicated with each other. She has left us? If you still talk to her tell her Rosebud said hi. That was my name before I had to change it.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th January 2011, 8:53 pm

My plan for Roxie is to reach APL stretched by August
Put JBCO on my edges 2-3 days a week
Master moisture vs protein balance
comb my hair less
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down