CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural in Wonderland

+37
LadyMika
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
TMS
krazy coils
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
lovesunshine17
LaToya28
MellowOne
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
AfrikanLatina
blondie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
truet
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Stacye
HumanNature
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
vonda4b
tiashaunteƩ
MsJay1121
FemmeFox
41 posters

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Empty Re: Natural in Wonderland

Post by FemmeFox 10th January 2011, 5:43 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Love the pics, and your family is beautiful. I like the twist, they turned out great. You and th e GF look good together.

CrissyQ wrote:I know what I wanted to ask you. How is TMS? I think that was her name, I know u and her communicated with each other. She has left us? If you still talk to her tell her Rosebud said hi. That was my name before I had to change it.

Hi Crissy! I haven't spoken to TMS in awhile. The last I heard she was getting her hair done and the...poof, gone! We should pm her and see if she's till around. Thanks for the compliments!

Lynnieluve wrote:My plan for Roxie is to reach APL stretched by August
Put JBCO on my edges 2-3 days a week
Master moisture vs protein balance
comb my hair less

Lynnie I KNOW that you'll hit your length goal. I also need to find the elusive protein/moisture balance. Right now I think I'll be doing a protein treatment once a month. Twice if I have color scheduled (before and after).
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 10th January 2011, 6:01 pm

Happy Monday Beautiful Curlfriends!

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty low key. Worked out on Sat and lounged on Sunday. My GF and I are working on our 2011 house goals (redecorating etc) so we spent some time outlining the specifics.

I also cowashed and DC'd Sunday with my twists still in. I flat twisted them and set the ends on perm rods (gotta invest in some flexirods cuz those perm rods are HARD to sleep in No ). I cowashed with Aussie Moist adding some extra to my ends, and followed with my Feria DT for colored hair, again adding more to my ends. I let that sit while I finished my shower then rinsed with warm water. After I hopped out the shower, I used my Jessicurl Weekly Conditioner, put a plastic bag over my head, and covered the bag with a satin bonnet. I let that sit for about 45-50 minutes. Rinsed with cold water and applied my leave-in and coconut oil to seal. I decided to use the SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie again to help set my twists. I sectioned, added the SMCES, flat twisted, and rodded the ends. Here are the results:

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Photo010

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Photo011

It's cute, no? I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to preserve this style without flat twisting every night (I would like to avoid sleeping on those rods again if possible!!! Evil or Very Mad ). I could just bonnet but I think that leaving my hair loose under the bonnet has resulted in some breakage from the rubbing while I sleep. What I REALLY need to do is go to fabric store and get some silk so I can make some silk scarves. AND I need silk pillowcases.

If it's not one thing its another lol. But I think I am getting this whole 'haircare' thing down.

cherry
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 10th January 2011, 6:38 pm

Nice avatar (LOVE the dress!), nice hair! Smile I think you'll be alright if you wear a bonnet. Unless your hair is long enough to "pineapple"? scratch Sleeping on those rods MUST suck! Laughing I would've pulled them out in the middle of the night!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 10th January 2011, 7:52 pm

@ Lady M: Luckily most of the rods were in the back but ones on the side were getting to me!!! Flexirods are SO in my future!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 11th January 2011, 6:50 pm

Happy Tuesday Ladies!

So all I did with Seffy last night was bonnet her. No flat twists, no multi-pineapple, no rods. I slept wonderfully (well almost wonderfully. I had an energy drink too close to bed time and laid in bed awake for a few hours). This morning my style was still pretty intact, a little less 3D lol, but still good. I think I still have enough texture that I can bonnet one more night. Wednesday night I'll flat twist again and re-rod the ends. This time I'll do all the flat twists to the back so the rods are only on the nape of my neck. I did notice that my ends were a little crunchy yesterday and today. I think it's because I didn't put a moisturizer between my hair and the SM Smoothie. I will NOT forget it next time. I used some SM Conditioning Milk this morning, didn't really do much. I have about half a bottle left but since using the MHC Afrikoko Silky Lotion, SM Conditioning Milk had left me underwhelmed. I may try to swap it for something or just toss it. Actually I'll probably use it in my moisturizing spritz so I can get rid of it.

Q: What do you with the dregs of products that aren't really working for you anymore?

In keeping with my quest for moisture, I am going to start baggying a few times during the week. It will mostly be overnight but I may baggy all weekend if I don't have any plans. I know that some of you have baggied in the past or currently baggy in your routine. Are there any special products you use? I was thinking of trying out the Hairveda Whipped Creams 3 in 1 but am hesitant to buy any more products until I use more of what I have or get what is already on my wish list. Hopefully I can start baggying next week (I want to hit up Sally's this weekend and get some plastic caps). For now I'll just my moisturizing spritz (need to make a new batch) and the last of my Afrikoko sample. I'm definitely re-ordering! Maybe I'll finish off the Conditioning Milk that way. I'll be baggying my whole head because 1) My hair is still too short for one ponytail 2) I want to make sure I get all the color baggied as well.

Does anyone have any tips/suggestions for me before I embark on my baggy adventures?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Empty Product junkism rears its ugly head

Post by FemmeFox 12th January 2011, 3:50 pm

Happy Hump Day Curlistas!

I have a problem: I am a product junky. I'm trying to reform but at the same time I haven't found all of Seffy's HG products. I do feel like I'm getting closer though. It's just that every now and then I'll come across a product or line and something in me needs to try it. I may not necessarily NEED another product but I definitely WANT another one.

Here are some of the products that have recently caught my eye:

Shescentit
Marula Hemp Hemp Hair Butter
Marshmallow Herbal Hair Creme
Seyani Hair Butter
Avocado Conditioner
Super Soft Conditioning Rinse

Safi Hair Care
Coconut Hibiscus Custard
Avocado Shea Butter

Hairveda
Moist Condition 24/7
Whipped Cream 3 in 1
Vatika Frosting

Hemp Oil
Castor Oil
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo

I will note that I am a sucker for key ingedients that Seffy loves or that I think will be beneficial but haven't tried yet: Hibiscus, Marshamallow, Avocado oil, Hemp seed oil, Castor oil. Slip and moisture! I have always been a conditioner junkie but now that I know that I need more moisture than just slapping on some Vitapoint, it's gotten a bit out of hand. I'm trying to do my best by only purchasing a few things at a time, especially since I am a protective styler by default and I try to only style my hair once every 2-4 weeks.

Le sigh! I think this is something that we call go through. Hello, my name is Savannah and I am a product junky window shopper.

afro
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th January 2011, 11:05 am

Hey FemmeFox

That style is soo cute!! I know I'm late....but I had to come over here and get caught up on you and Seffy!! Girl that ava it too cute. I'm loving the hair, and that dress!!! Very Happy

I see you are really giving Seffy TLC and I really like that style on you. So I try to give away the products that are not working for me anymore. I have tons of stuff that I have to mail right now. I am such a procrastinator about mailing stuff.

Anyway...thanks for checking in on me. I don't get to long in much, and when I do I feel like I'm on here all day and still can't get caught up with everyone!!

Enjoy your weekend and Happy MLK Day!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 17th January 2011, 4:01 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey FemmeFox

That style is soo cute!! I know I'm late....but I had to come over here and get caught up on you and Seffy!! Girl that ava it too cute. I'm loving the hair, and that dress!!! Very Happy

I see you are really giving Seffy TLC and I really like that style on you. So I try to give away the products that are not working for me anymore. I have tons of stuff that I have to mail right now. I am such a procrastinator about mailing stuff.

Anyway...thanks for checking in on me. I don't get to long in much, and when I do I feel like I'm on here all day and still can't get caught up with everyone!!

Enjoy your weekend and Happy MLK Day!!!

Thanks for stopping by KNH! I am really trying to treat Seffy right and make her (and myself) more of a priority. I really like that style and may do it this weeks too.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Empty Dreaded Detangling

Post by FemmeFox 17th January 2011, 4:27 pm

Happy Monday Curlistas!

I hope that all of you are enjoying your MLK Day. I am at work and was almost an hour late because all train that I take to work is running on a weekend schedule today. Blurg.

How was your weekend? Mine was productive. The GF and I started implementing some of our house redecorating ideas. Spent a few hours hard-core cleaning and purging. it's starting to come together nicely. Had a great workout on Saturday, now I just need to get my consistency up.

One thing that I did not do this weekend was my hair. I'm still rocking the NYE twists but I think it's time they come down. Just because you can keep a style in for more than a week at a time, doesn't mean you should! Now I definitely need to take them down, wash, dc, and restyle. I'm tempted to take my hair down during the week (maybe tonite, we'll see how I feel after my workout) to get a jump start and not have a massive detangling, cleansing, and styling session all in one day. If I do take my hair during the week, I will undo my twists, damp detangle, and rock a flat twist out or braid out for the rest of the week. I can't rock a two strand twist out anymore, by the end of the week it will have become a crazy, tangled, headache.

Since detangling is the big news on the front page, how do you do it? I am now a damp/dry detangler. I was a 'soaking wet in the shower girl' but now that Seffy has grown, its too much. If my hair is previously styled, I use oil to help take down the style, then add more to tackle any knots I come across, mist lightly with my moisturizing mist, then braid in sections. This will also act as my pre-poo. I would love to get all my detangling out the way before Seffy gets really wet. I just bought a Goody travel brush with ball tips and I will be adding this to my arsenal. On sectioned hair that is loaded with leave-in conditioner, I will gently brush through the sections prior to styling. This will ensure that Seffy is completely detangled and smooth for her style.

I am trying to locate some marshmallow root on the ground so I can make a moisturizing/detangling spritz that I saw on The Moptop Maven. I went to an Indian store by my house but the didn't have any, however I was able to score two big bottles of vatika oil so it was not all in vain. I'm going to try one more place before I order online.

Happy Hair Ladies!

Love~
Seffy & Savannah
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th January 2011, 7:02 pm

Hey FemmeFox

I read the article on the front page as well. I detangle on dry/moist hair. My question is....what do you do when you have knots? Is the only thing you can do is cut them out? I'm so confused!!! WHEW!! LOL

I can't wait to see what style you and Seffy come up with!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 18th January 2011, 3:30 pm

KNH I use coconut oil on any tangles/knots that I come across. If I can't unravel them than I snip 'em out. This is probably why I have so many shorter strands. Hopefully keeping my hair in more stretched styles will be a remedy to that.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 21st January 2011, 6:25 pm

Happy Friday!

This has been an 'meh' week for Seffy. I did not take down my twists like I had planned (somehow I don't ever get as much done on weeknights as I think I should). However to help combat the severe dryness of a style that has seen better day, I baggied/mini dc'd last night.

I misted my hair with plain water til damp. Then, starting with the ends, I applied Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditoner, popped on a plastic cap Like a Star @ heaven , and covered with my satin bonnet. I slept with it on. This morning my hair was quenched but not too damp. I undid a small section of the twists and did a little pomp in the front.

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Photo012

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Photo013

The back is still in twists, I'll do a complete take down, detangle, and restyle tomorrow (Saturday).

Like a Star @ heaven When I went to Sally's last weekend I bought a 100 pack of processing caps. I was getting my pro discount so I went all out! pirat

What are your weekend hair plans?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st January 2011, 6:40 pm

Hi lady,

I detangle on wet hair. I have also done it on damp hair using a diluted condtioner. Whatever I do, I must separate my hair around my perimeter. This is where my textures and lengths differ greatly. Dry detangling sounds scary although I guess I kinda do that when I prepoo. I only use my fingers when detangling after adding oil for prepoo.

As for baggying, I think as long as you have moisture and an oil, you are good to go. I would not necessarily purchase a separate product to do it. Also ensure, you are checking your hair frequently so you do not have moisture overload (limp, mushy hair).

This weekend I am doing my third henna treatment. Like you, I am going to stretch my hair before styling. While I did not have a lot of SSKs or split ends, I want to grow healthy hair. I think stretching it will help.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 21st January 2011, 7:37 pm

@Chrs, I know that I probably don't need a separate product for baggying, the PJ is starting to gnaw on me. I placed an order to re-up on the MHC Afriko Silky Lotion and since Qhemet reopened to day I got samples of the Amla & Heavy Cream, Olive & Honey Balm, and the Moringa Conditioning Ghee. Embarassed

I'm trying to hold off but Hairveda is going to be my next batch purchase. I notice that I'm buying a lot of the same things: Conditioner, Moistuizers, & Oils. Since I am embarking on a more targeted journey I'm going to not only keep a journal but also write down successful product combinations.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st January 2011, 8:04 pm

Lol at you needing help bcz you are a product junkie! Lol! I love the styles! Very cute! I don't have to worry about detengling because there is not enough up there and I LOVE IT! My hair plans are simple! I will deep condition with heat this weekend and that's it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Empty Flast Twist & Curl and Goody Brush Review

Post by FemmeFox 24th January 2011, 5:57 pm

Good Morning beauties!

I trust that everyone had a good weekend. Mine was nice even with a long take down of 3 week old twist. I told my GF to NEVER let me mini-twist again. The take down is not worth it. My next set of twists will be at LEAST finger width (and I have thick fingers, I wear a size 7.5 ring). alien

I did my hair yesterday. I was going to do it on Friday but it didn't happen. My GF and I went to lunch and enjoyed the beautiful weather so when I got home I was totally SUN LAZY and not motivated to tackle Seffy at all. She hates being rushed. I started taking down my twists at about 8:30 am and was done until 1 pm Suspect (umm did I say that I was NEVER DOING MINI TWISTS AGAIN?) Then I took a break and grabbed lunch with the GF. Since I used coconut oil to take my hair down, I just spritzed Seffy with a bit of water and popped on a plastic cap, covered the cap with my satin bonnet, and the bonnet with a headwrap. This was like baby prepoo. Later I washed with Giovanni 50:50 followed with BioInfusion Olive Oil 'poo. I DC with Jessicurl Weekly DT and used the plastic cap/satin bonnet combo. Let that sit for about an hour and then rinsed with cold water. Like a Star @ heaven

Like a Star @ heaven All of this was done in sections. I sectioned my hair as I was taking it down and kept in sections for the remainder of the process.

I used a tshirt to remove the excess water from my hair but left the wet sections clipped up. I took down each section, squeezed excess water out with the tshirt, applied leave in (Shea Moisture Reconstructor), sealed with coconut oil, and the added SM Conditioning Milk. From there I made spit each section in two and used my Goody brush to detangle. Like a Star @ heaven I applied SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie and flat twisted each section. Once my whole head was finished I rolled the ends with blue flexi rods. Covered with a satin bonnet and off to bed. Here are my results:

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Photo015

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Photo016

I love it! Hopefully it will last all week. I plan on multi pineappling at night and retwisting it needed. I'm waiting on my MHC Afrikoko Silky Lotion so I can do an updo for next week. I think this is a good style for me wear between updo's since I do love wearing Seffy out.

Like a Star @ heaven Goody Travel Brush Review
I'm really liking the Goody brush for detangling. I used on moisturized and sealed finger detangled hair in small sections. Once I applied all the goodies save the CES, I used the brush mostly on my ends. I gently brushed in a downward motion and used my ear to help me hear if any undo ripping was occuring. The only thing I would change is that next time I use it I will make sure that my hair is closer to the dam side than wet side, it may help with some of the strands breaking. I actually believe that I lost less hair than I did the last time I used a comb. Definitely a keeper!

Happy Monday!

FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th January 2011, 6:03 pm

Hey FemmeFox

I'm loving that style on you as well. So you don't detangle on wet hair? That's interesting...so do you have a picture of your Goody Brush? I'm going to get that tangle teaser everyone is talking about. I think I need a littel more help or something else other than my big tooth comb. I am experience knots and that my friend is not good!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend....I want to keep up with how you maintained your style this week I'll be back!!

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 24th January 2011, 6:57 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey FemmeFox

I'm loving that style on you as well. So you don't detangle on wet hair? That's interesting...so do you have a picture of your Goody Brush? I'm going to get that tangle teaser everyone is talking about. I think I need a littel more help or something else other than my big tooth comb. I am experience knots and that my friend is not good!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend....I want to keep up with how you maintained your style this week I'll be back!!

TTYL

Hey Chica! I'd rather not detangle on wet hair because Seffy is super fragile and more prone to snapping that way. For me the best detangling aid is the moisture balance in my hair. When Seffy is well moisturized, she is less prone to tangling. That's why I am going to start on doing it on damp rather than wet hair.

This is the brush that I am using now. I am interested in trying the Tangle Teezer as well. The quicker I can detangle the better! Also while I liked the brush I would love to find something that detangles without breaking up my curl pattern too much. I feel like the brush added more volume to my hair (not that it's a bad thing, I'm just thinking ahead to summer).

Last edited by FemmeFox on 24th January 2011, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th January 2011, 7:00 pm

awww...I can't see th brush. I'll check when I get home!! Crying or Very sad
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 24th January 2011, 7:04 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:awww...I can't see th brush. I'll check when I get home!! Crying or Very sad
For some reason I couldn't post the image. I added a link. pirat
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th January 2011, 9:12 pm

Looking good, sorry about the take down, i know that had to annoying! You are rocking it right! Get it! cheers
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 27th January 2011, 3:06 pm

Thanks Sweet!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Empty This Weeks Style & New Products!!

Post by FemmeFox 31st January 2011, 9:13 pm

Happy Monday Ladies!

I trust that everyone had a wonderful weekend and weren't too effected by the weather in their respective parts of the country. The weather went from sunny from rainy over the weekend but undaunted my GF and I went for a hike on a trail near the ocean. Once we got there, mist was everywhere! In really wooded parts of the trail it was almost like it was raining. Awesome hike. I was wearing my twistout for one day and Seffy took full advantage of the moist weather. Even though I wore a hat, Seffy soaked up the moisture like no one's business! My bangs shrunk from just below my eyebrows to the middle of my forehead. Do I have pics of that? No, I left the camera in the car during the hike. However I do have a pic of Seffy from Friday.

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Photo010
Decided to take this pic in a different bathroom @ my job!

Last week I got my Qhemet's order. I got samples of the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, Moringa Conditioning Ghee, and the Olive & Honey Balm. Since I needed to redo my hair anyway I decided to try out my new toys. I used the Moringa Ghee to detangle on dry hair using my fingers only (as much as I liked the Goody brush, if I try the TT and like it better that brush is out the door!!). I liked the texture of the ghee and I felt like a little went a long way. After detangling I had lost about half a cotton balls worth of hair. I detangled in medium sections and braided each section when done. Since I used the ghee, I didn't prepoo before I washed my hair. I used the lingering bottle of Bioinfusions Olive Oil Shampoo (seriously when will I be done with it?!?!). I did an oil rinse with vatika oil makiing sure to add extra oil to my ends. I let that sit while I finished my shower. I rinsed with warm water and used a tshirt to dry about 50-70%. Then I used my new DC, MHC Honey Hair Mask, again concentrating on the ends of my braids. I popped on my plactic cap and convered with my satin bonnet and let sit for about 45 min-1 hour. I then rinsed with cold water and used my tshirt again to get most of the excess water out.

My hair was so soft! Seffy was that happiest she's been in along time. And this was BEFORE I added the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream. I undid each braid and smoothed a small amount of the Cream into my hair...ummm can hair orgasm (hairgasm)? Cuz I know I heard some moans of joy! I then flat twisted both sides of my head with three flat twists using the Olive & Honey Balm as a sealant/styler. I braided the end towards the crown of my head and tucked the tail in the pocket at the top. I two strand twisted the crown of my head and set on flexirods (one of the best non product hair purchases I have made). This morning I took down the crown and twisted and pinned until I got this:

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Jan3110

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Photo011

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Photo012

Natural in Wonderland - Page 22 Photo013

I have gotten many compliments on my hair today! I think that these are definitely keeper products and this may be my go to updo style. Once I detangled and washed it didn't take that long to do the actual style. Always a plus.

Have a great day ladies!!

Last edited by FemmeFox on 1st February 2011, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 1st February 2011, 1:20 pm

Your hair looks great! Love the back...they're like goddess braids! May have to try something by Qhemet Biologics though...hear nothing but good stuff about them. Hope you have a good day today! Smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmom29 1st February 2011, 2:26 pm

That is a really cute style! I may have to try and copy that.
kekesmom29
kekesmom29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next