CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 21 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 21 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 7th March 2011, 3:55 am

Hey everybody! I come bearing measurements and a special bulletin. I'll start with my measurements. Its seems my growth is slowing down a little. Its ok though because I am seeing some new hair sprouting which = thickness!! Right now I am at:

Front: 10 1/4 in
Behind ear: 10 1/4 in
Back: 8 1/4 in
Temple Area: 8 1/2 in

One day I will scour the previous pages to see where I was before this, lol. I washed my hair with my Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar, conditioned with my Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin treatment, and I finally got around to that dc. I used my ORS Replenishing Pak with a tsp of Coconut Oil and a tsp of honey. It felt lovely. I warmed it up a little in the microwave before I applied it to my hair. I am doing my tnc with bigger twists and rollers. Hopefully I won't look crazy tomorrow, lol.

***Bulletin***
I got a message from Yacoomba. She wanted me to let everyone know she hasn't forgptten about us and she's praying all is well with everyone. She hasn't posted due to some personal things she's going through but she's doing better.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 7th March 2011, 3:03 pm

Hey, Tiff, glad hear Yacoomba's doing better. Thanks for the update! You have a lot of hair, so I'm sure your tnc with the bigger twists and rollers will look just lovely.

@MissyCee - That mix sounds good. I've been wanting to get some vegetable glycerin myself. I'm thinking I can get it from Whole Foods. I need that and some coconut oil. I guess I know where I'm going this Saturday.

I got a little bit of hair news to share myself. I have outgrown my very simple wng stage. I mean I used to be able to literally wash and go. I would just spray my hair in the morning with water to reactivate the gel, bounce the curls around with my fingers, and go. Well, that didn't work at all last week and I was really wondering why. I was like what's up with my hair?! Everyday last week I had to spray then spend 20 min. pulling the gel through again and separating the curls. So tonight, I'm going to try and put my hair in twists (just not all the way to the end) and then spray and separate the twists in the morning. I hope it works. Fingers crossed.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 7th March 2011, 3:14 pm

Wooo hoooo Butterfly!!! Growth!!! It just snuck up on ya!! Tiff your hair is really doing well.

Ok, I finally took my second henna pics and measured. Oh ok, here it goes.

Top 3.25, R Side 3, L Side 2.75, back 3.5. I know those numbers are up. I just need to dig through all out chats to find the last measurement.........

Henna from three weeks ago, looser curls using Jamila Henna
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Henna from last week of Feb 11, just moisturized, didn't shape or anything. Tighter curls, more color, I think?? I think I'm getting thinner in the top. Must that inherited thing...... Geez another thing to worry about...

Side of Henna from last week of Feb 11.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 7th March 2011, 3:18 pm

MissyCee wrote:It is...... Oh i haven't put up my measurements.

Front sides and top are 2.75, back is 3. Some growth, but like I said much thicker!!! When I was relaxed, I always said I had wind blown hair, cause if the wind was blowing it ws moving. And my hair didn't hold curls for nothing..

I have to look back through the threads to see what my last measurements were. ......

Here are my last measurements, Feb 7th. There is definitely growth and thickage (is that a word)!!! Anyways!!!!! WOO HOO for me!!! alien
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 7th March 2011, 3:25 pm

YaY, MissyCee! I knew I saw some growth even before you posted your previous measurements. It's evident [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 7th March 2011, 3:27 pm

So how do we change the title on these things anyway? Thanks Butterfly!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 7th March 2011, 3:35 pm

What titles, MissyCee?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 7th March 2011, 5:02 pm

Well on my page. I wanted to update my curl street journal....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 7th March 2011, 5:06 pm

Oh, sorry. I don't know anything about the Curl Street Journal, but I think I'll go read some. Oh, congrats on the non-smoking! 20 days! That's awesome, MissyCee!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 7th March 2011, 5:10 pm

Yeah yeah. I'm just glad it's getting warmer. Cause I shole do have a big appetite!!! Eating eating eating...........UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if I needed to change the title of one of these pages, it seems to say I can change it at the bottom.

Oh, don't read mine, if you find it, it started out sooooo sad. I'm better now....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 7th March 2011, 5:51 pm

Butterfly did you see the lady on the front of Curly Nikki last week, with the flat twist and coils in front? ummmmm Keke something, I was watching her you tubes all weekend. I think everyone thougth I was crazy looking at all those videos. But she has some great shorter hair styles. I even watched a video about how to do a flat twist correctly. I would love something different, but with this limited hair growth, I have to stick with the basics. I was thinking about a short weaved style. With kinky hair of course!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 7th March 2011, 6:01 pm

I saw her but didn't get a chance to watch her vids. I will definitely watch now. Thanks. I'm being very careful with styling for now because I lost hair around my hairline due to years of braids and not knowing how to take care of it. So now I don't want to lose the little "baby hair" I have there now. I think my thing is going to be hats and headbands and other hair accessories when I want to do something different
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 7th March 2011, 9:38 pm

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I am counting the days til Spring Break. I got a new lead on a place for me and my sister so that really did it for me. Hopefully we will get something reasonable. Our trip to NY has been cancelled, a lot of people in my family are getting laid off or may be getting laid off soon, including my mom. We're praying the budget cuts won't effect her though.

@Butterfly
How was Nascar? Or is it this coming weekend? I have wanted to go for a while (or even just to the Talledega Speedway) but the opportunity never presented itself. Its something different. Hopefully it'll be fun. Are you excited to be growing past wng?

@MissyCee
You're mix sounds good. I can't wait for it to get hot and stay hot so I can mix myself up a little something. That may not be the greatest idea though with this ends huh? How're you feeling since quitting smoking? I know it can be hard and really effect your mood. My dad was aggravated all the time.

My little hair experiment was an EPIC FAIL! LOL! It looks absolutely horrible. Those ends just ruined it. It was fine until I went to seperate to get more volume. Wrong move. Its like the curls just died or something. Back to the drawing board, lol. I am exhausted though and can't bear the thought of cowashing and doing 500 twists w/ mini rods tonight. I really love my hair like that though. I can make it so full and cute. Might just have to bite the bullet.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 7th March 2011, 9:53 pm

@Tiff and her 500 twists...lol! Yeah and NASCAR was also an EPIC FAIL! Don't bother!!! Okay, they say the main race is at about 4 p.m. on THEIR schedule so we get there about 2:30. No parking so we have to park in the dirt field and walk a mile. When we get up to the attendant and he doesn't take our tickets but says, "that's okay, go ahead" I knew something was def wrong. We get in there...standing room only. Our seats were long gone. And I find out later that's because the race was more like 12:00. Okay, so once we see that we have to stand up we turn right back around, hike back to the car, and we went to lunch and a movie. The kids were happy, and I'll NEVER try that again...whomp, whomp No
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 8th March 2011, 11:49 am

Hey all, i was just looking back @ some of our pages and it seems alot of other people fell off the wagon with the challenge. There were quite a few...oh well. We are still here.

Hair update... So i have not done a single thing to my hair for almost four weeks (except add my oils to my hair). I am just not feeling it right now and like i said before i am just going to leave it alone for a while.

@ Butterfly... Sorry to hear about your trip to NASCAR, at least you had a back up plan and i am sure you and kids had a much better time anyway.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 8th March 2011, 1:12 pm

Thanks, Ladybird. We all had a better time Smile. It's probably a good idea to leave your hair alone like you're doing. I want to do the same. I always thought I didn't like or need protective styles, but it just dawned on me that I was always wearing my hair in a protective style -- braids -- when I wanted it to grow. So I saw a two-strand twist pin-up a while ago, but my hair was too short then. I'm going to try and find it and do it up with some cute bobby pins.

Do any of you know of any YT vids I can look at?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 8th March 2011, 1:21 pm

Yeah girl..our hair does grow when we do as little as possible to it sometimes.

I love two strand twist but it takes forever to do my hair. I love the pin-up look ...real classy. If your hair is to short, what about extension? they never fail Very Happy

I learn alot of my styles from you-tube from people with similar texture hair like mine.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 8th March 2011, 2:55 pm

Yeah remember the Keke girl from the other day? She has lots of vids to watch. Let me get her name again for you.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 8th March 2011, 2:57 pm

I just put in the search natural flat twist styles and lots popped up....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 8th March 2011, 5:31 pm

Hey ladies! I didn't redo my hair last night. I went to see my friend girl and ended up staying pretty late. I just decided to go with my faithful puff thingy. Still lokks a mess though, lol.

@ Butterfly
Hate to hear that about the race! That's crazy! They just oversell the tickets like that? I would have been to hot but at least y'all didn't actually pay for the tickets.

@Ladybird
Ain't that the truth. SOOOOOOOO many people have come and gone in such a short time, lol. How are you wearing your hair to not have to do anything to it for that long? I need that style, lol.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 8th March 2011, 5:46 pm

Hey Ladies!!! Hope you all are well. Ok, so I co washed the other day, think it was Saturday, or was it Friday?? I dunno, one of the two. LOL I have oiled my scalp since then at least twice as well. With the castor oil of course. And moisturizing my hair with some Yes To Cucumbers and sealing with jojoba oil. I still haven't trimmed my ends because I haven't had time to twist my hair as small as I would like in order to trim accuarately enough. maybe this weekend. Anyway. Again, hope you all are well. Razz
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 8th March 2011, 5:54 pm

Hello ladies!! My depression from my "extreme trim" is over! I'm rocking a cute sew in and all is well. I will post pics tonight. I'm excited to see how much length I can retain by keeping my hair braided and weaved for a few months. I typically leave the weave in for about 4-5 weeks. Then I'll take it down and pamper it over a weekend and weave it back up. If I can have at least 2 inches by Aug. I'll be satisfied.
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 8th March 2011, 8:30 pm

Hey, Misskris and Berry!! Long time, no see. Glad to hear you are both doing great. Misskris, your hair is awesome!! I am gonna be conceited when I get that much hair...LOL! Berry, can't wait to see your pics! So you do your own weaves? That's a great plan to pamper your hair between weaves. It'll be like a spa date Very Happy.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 8th March 2011, 8:35 pm

Ah, yes, keke52284. I found her, and she is the reason why I am going to march right over to Target this weekend and buy some Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. I know, I know, pjism at its best...lol. I had been on the fence about this product for a long time, and she just pushed me right over.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 9th March 2011, 5:37 am

@Butterfly125 - I'm curious what you think of the Curly Pudding...

@misskris - Cant wait to hear about your trim!

@Berry - Would love to see pics of your hair.

I'm sleeping with a Jamila henna gloss mixed with Amla tonight. I've been wearing dry buns for the past three weeks and cant wait to wear a WnG tomorrow since the weather is milder than it was a couple weeks ago. Despite bunning, I've put JBCO on my scalp about every other day.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next