CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I measured my hair/CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE!!

+3
KinkyNappyHappy
j. kinky
misskris
7 posters

Go down

I measured my hair/CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE!! Empty I measured my hair/CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE!!

Post by misskris 6th December 2010, 12:31 pm

Hey curlies!!!

Last night I finally measured my hair with a tapemeasure. My hair is ALL uneven!!! LOL So to keep a record I wrote down the measurements for the back, front, sides and top (or crown).

Left Side: 11 1/2"
Right Side: 11"
Back: 10 1/2"
Front: 11 1/2"
Top: 10 1/2"

I may measure every month, just to gauge. Maybe not. I dunno yet.

Here are 2 pics. I only stretched the back of my hair since that's the lowest point. Pulled down the side too just to compare.

I measured my hair/CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE!! Dsc02632

I measured my hair/CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE!! Dsc02633

Today I re-wet my hair, applied my leave in and castor oil to the scalp and to hair to seal in the moisture.

I FINALLY watched some of Kimmaytube on youtube since I have been seeing SOOOO many of you comment on her and her leave in conditioner. WOW!!! She seems SO knowledgeable and she obviously knows what HER hair needs. I will make her leave in recipe but I think I am gonna try to do this castor oil challenge first!!! I wish I could do ALL this stuff at the same time but I know I need to give one thing at least 3-4 weeks to give it a fair chance.

So wish me luck ladies!! My castor oil challenge begins today. If anyone wants to join me, please feel free!!!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

I measured my hair/CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE!! Empty Re: I measured my hair/CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE!!

Post by misskris 6th December 2010, 8:21 pm

Sad ... no one has responded!!! lol come on girls, no one wanna do the castor oil challenge with me??? if not it's cool. but come on!!!! lol
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

I measured my hair/CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE!! Empty Re: I measured my hair/CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE!!

Post by j. kinky 7th December 2010, 2:08 am

im eating peanut butter and jealous!!! I cant wait for my hair to get to that length. I would do a challenge with u but 1. my hair is in small twist and 2. i aint got no castor oil...lol...love the hair tho
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th December 2010, 8:32 am

Hi MssKris...

I'm so bad with challenges; I'm sorry. I'm doing a twist challenge with a couple of ladies....but I do know that Castor Oil does work, because I participated in a challenge like this several months ago.

Good luck you will see growth!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 10:50 am

Thanks girls!! LOL at J.kinky. you can still rub the oil on your scalp w/twists! in fact it's probaby easy to do since the hair is already sectioned. but it's cool. And i LOVE peanut butter!!!! LOL

@KinkyNappy, thanks. I think
I am going to oil my scalp 3 times a week since it says at least twice a week. Do you remember how often you oiled? What is this twist challenge? just to keep your hair twisted up?? Shoot...if so thats easy for me....mine has pretty much stayed in twists for about a month except to wash and when I henna'd. is this a challenge on here or no?
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 7th December 2010, 4:55 pm

I'll join the castor oil challange.!bounce
Do I have to use jamaican black castor oil?
I need to post pics of the before. I'll do it from home (I'm at work right now ; shhh)
How long wil the challange run?
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 7th December 2010, 5:21 pm

I'm in. What are the rules? And how do I properly measure my hair? Is there a certain kind of castor oil that has to be used for the challenge?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 5:46 pm

YAY!!! woot! Thanks ladies!!! Ok, so this challenge was posted before by tiashauntee.

Rules:
1-apply castor oil to scalp at least twice a week, more often depending onhow quickly it is absorbed. You can start this on a day when you wash your hair as the scalp will be clean.
1a-use extra virgin castor oil or just ensure that the oil has no preservatives or salt.
2-do not rinse the castor oil out until your next wash day, giving the oil more time to penetrate the scalp.
3-do not use any other growth aides on your scalp.
Now this last one does not say anything about putting stuff on the actual hair just nothing else on the scalp. You can continue to moisturize the length of your hair as you normally do.

Now as for the length of time, I am shooting for one month for now. If at the end of a month I see some results I/we can extend the challenge.

@ Curlya, I am using regular castor oil that I puchased online at www.vitacost.com. If you already have the JBCO I guess that's fine. Some people say the only diff is it's thinner than regular castor oil.

@Tiff, the way I measured my hair was with a tapemeasure. I just put 0 end to my scalp and as accurately as I could measured by stretching my hair.

Oh and YES, please add pics so we can all see our progress. That would be great!!

Go to http://www.blackhairplanet.com/blog/bhp-castor-oil-challenge/ to see the whole, original set of rules. I had taken some out when I wrote it down in my book because it was just for me. not much extra to it just states to say which kind of castor oil u use and to post pics and if you have reactions to castor oil there are other oils you can use.

So YAY!!! I am so happy you are joining me!!!!. I actually started on Monday and plan to oil my scalp on Mondays, Wednesdays and then on Saturdays which is usually my wash day. I will take a pic this evening when my hubb gets home so he can take a pic of the back of my hair. I took those twists down today and have in cornrows now.

Good luck ladies. If you want to add anything or make suggestions please tell us.

And anyone else who wants to do this challege please do.
afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 6:16 pm

I'm gonna repost on natural hair challenge thread as well!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 7th December 2010, 9:28 pm

I'm gonna start this weekend. I gotta buy some castor oil, lol. I am broke til Friday, lol
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 11:09 pm

Cool. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th December 2010, 12:52 am

misskris wrote:Thanks girls!! LOL at J.kinky. you can still rub the oil on your scalp w/twists! in fact it's probaby easy to do since the hair is already sectioned. but it's cool. And i LOVE peanut butter!!!! LOL

@KinkyNappy, thanks. I think
I am going to oil my scalp 3 times a week since it says at least twice a week. Do you remember how often you oiled? What is this twist challenge? just to keep your hair twisted up?? Shoot...if so thats easy for me....mine has pretty much stayed in twists for about a month except to wash and when I henna'd. is this a challenge on here or no?

I used the oiled every other day, or as needed. This is a thick oil so I didnt' need to use it everyday.

This twist challenge is something I'm doing on my blog. CrissyQ and LaToya are doing it as well. We've set our own rules for our personal challenge; however, we make sure to check on each other. It's not here I have it on my blog and so does CrissyQ, and we keep in touch with LaToya via her CSJ thread!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 8th December 2010, 1:11 am

Oh ok cool. Thanks for the info! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 8th December 2010, 1:39 am

i knw this may sound stupid but where u buy castor oil..... scratch
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 8th December 2010, 1:59 am

LOL...J.Kinky, u r so funny!!! And you changed your pic!! Smile You can go to wal-mart and they should have it or any drug store. You know it's a laxative so look in that section and make sure it's 100% castor oil. OR you can go to maybe Whole Foods if you have one where you live or any health food store. OR you can get it online. I bought mine from www.vitacost.com. afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 8th December 2010, 2:02 am

lol...girl i didnt know lol. It took me 15 to find evoo in Publix lol....i new to the whole oils thing
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 8th December 2010, 2:20 am

Hahahaha!! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 17th December 2010, 5:28 pm

I'm late, but I want in!! I will be using JBCO if that's cool.
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 18th December 2010, 12:29 am

Ok, I have castor oil and will participate. My hair isn't any where near 11 inches, but I'm in. I will read over the directions and my wash day is tomorrow. Pics to follow.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th December 2010, 1:02 am

Hey Berry and Missy, thats great!!! join us also under the thread :New castor oil challenge" in Natural Hair Challenges forum. Glad to have you!!!! afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 20th December 2010, 6:39 pm

Ok, I swear my hair has grown already!!!! Am I crazy???? It seems that I can SEE the new growth (which sounds weird since it's all the same texture where as with a relaxer you can easily see it) but I dunno. I may be buggin but it may really be new growth!!!! I'll know in a few weeks I guess!!! Well by then i'm sure it will have grown!!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down