CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 22 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by misskris 9th March 2011, 1:43 pm

Carla, I have been putting off my 2nd henna app for some time now. No particular reason though. I just always forget about it. I always say I'll do it one weekend and then forget. Anyway, Maybe (again-LOL) I'll trim and henna this weekend. And do like Berry and pamper my hair.

I oiled my scalp again today after my workout. It'll definitely be time to wash soon. Or at least cowash. Then I used my YesTo Cucumbers and sealed w/jojoba. It's just in a pinned up bun right now. Didn't fel like doing twists. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 9th March 2011, 1:59 pm

Butterfly125 wrote:Hey, Misskris and Berry!! Long time, no see. Glad to hear you are both doing great. Misskris, your hair is awesome!! I am gonna be conceited when I get that much hair...LOL! Berry, can't wait to see your pics! So you do your own weaves? That's a great plan to pamper your hair between weaves. It'll be like a spa date Very Happy.

HAhaha!!! Thanks Butterfly!! You'll get there before you know it!!! afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 9th March 2011, 2:06 pm

@misskris - Do you use the Yes to Cucumbers rinse out conditioner?
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 9th March 2011, 2:11 pm

Berry I've used the curly pudding, it was great as long as you don't manipulate your hair. Then you get flakes. The butter cream is better and you can move, comb and whatever your hair.

I was thinking short self done kinky twists. The braiders usually only do the long ones. I don't want that. Of all the braids I've gotten, I've never wanted the long ones. Just some to give me a break. I have NEVER done my own braids or anything so this will definitely be a FIRST@!!!!! It's gonna take a while I am sure.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 9th March 2011, 5:26 pm

HEYYYY in my Monique voice Very Happy

@Ladybird
Ain't that the truth. SOOOOOOOO many people have come and gone in such a short time, lol. How are you wearing your hair to not have to do anything to it for that long? I need that style, lol.

@ Tiff.... I have my hair plaited under my wig ( they call me Pam Grier @ work Laughing) and when i am not @ work i rock hats or wraps. I plan to not do anything until i solve the breakage problem.

My hair is breaking like nobody's business, so i figure the less i touch it the less it breaks. I figured out why it is breaking so now i have to figure out how to stop it.

@ MissyCee ...doing your own hair is def going to take forever, you better have some Red Bull on hand Laughing

@ MissKris...your hair is doing so well

@ Buttterfly...been hearing/reading both good and bad about Miss Jessie, keep us posted on your results.

hope all is well.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 9th March 2011, 8:18 pm

Post DC, post henna wash-n-go. I forgot to castor oil my scalp, but I could have just ran out of steam from the henna, rinsing, DT, detangling, etc.

I used Qhemet Biologics Mornga Tree Conditioning Ghee as a leave-in and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie as the styler. My hair is 95% dry and I look like a lion! I should maybe use gel next time...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 9th March 2011, 8:27 pm

CarlaAR wrote:Post DC, post henna wash-n-go. I forgot to castor oil my scalp, but I could have just ran out of steam from the henna, rinsing, DT, detangling, etc.

I used Qhemet Biologics Mornga Tree Conditioning Ghee as a leave-in and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie as the styler. My hair is 95% dry and I look like a lion! I should maybe use gel next time...

Shocked Your hair is sooooooo pretty...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 9th March 2011, 8:35 pm

Thanks Tiff! afro
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 9th March 2011, 9:58 pm

Great work Carla!!!! Such a beautiful head of hair. How longyou been using the Moringa Tree Ghee? I just got some last week and haven't formed an opinion yet....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 9th March 2011, 10:51 pm

MissyCee wrote:Great work Carla!!!! Such a beautiful head of hair. How longyou been using the Moringa Tree Ghee? I just got some last week and haven't formed an opinion yet....

Thank you!!

I just got the Moringa Tree Ghee and used it three times now. I actually prefer the Oyin Hair Dew better (plus its cheaper). It gives me decent slip, but that's about it. I will go through those 5 oz in no time though. For the price, Oyin Hair Dew or KCKT is a better buy.

I would like to hear what you think. Smile
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 9th March 2011, 11:12 pm

Sure let me get a few more uses under my belt and I will let you know...
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 9th March 2011, 11:30 pm

CarlaAR wrote:@misskris - Do you use the Yes to Cucumbers rinse out conditioner?
hey Carla, no I use the leave in. And your hair looks very in that pic u posted!! So healthy looking! Very Happy

afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 10th March 2011, 1:08 am

Ladybird, please educate us...what's your conclusion as to why your hair is breaking? So we know what to look for or what to do or not to do.

Carla, two words...daaaaaamn, guuuurrrrrrl! Your hair is be-u-ti-ful!!! Okay, you and Misskris are my hair idols...LOL. Actually, you all are for different reasons. I love you

I will give everyone my little review of Miss Jessie's. I think I'll just buy the 8 oz. first so I don't waste too much money if it doesn't work out.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 10th March 2011, 1:22 am

So Carla, how long does it take you to do your hair? I mean I've been reading other ladies pages and comments and they are tired of doing it and thinking about chopping. Is it getting to be a pain?
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 10th March 2011, 1:36 am

I wanna know too. I think I want long hair but idk, lol. My arms get tired now doing the little bit I have! Carla and MissKris, how long would y'all say its taken for you to grow your hair out? I'm thinking I might be able to get there in about 2 years?

Its official ladies: SPRING BREAK!! And my sister and I found a place. I'm excited about the reduction in expenses but sad about no longer having my own place. Oh well, compromise I guess. Now I gotta get packing. Y'all got any moving tips?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 10th March 2011, 1:39 am

Yeah, don't break anything.... Good luck with the move.

So you are spending your spring break moving, how fun!!!

Overall I would love my hair to get long, ok, just longer, but if it take forever to do????? Hmmmm not sure...
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 10th March 2011, 1:58 am

Carla, your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I don't think you look like a lion at all, lol. Mufasa's ghost wished he had a mane that fly! Love it!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 10th March 2011, 12:31 pm

Carla..one word AWSOM!!!!!!

I bet it takes a long time to do your hair, but the results are great!!!

Hey Tiff congrats on the move

Butterfly will give an update on the breakage after i try my solution to see if it works.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 10th March 2011, 2:08 pm

Oh my!!! Ok So apparently I have missed a bit of news because I didn't wanna go back thru all those older posts!!! LOL

So, @ Tiff. That's cool that you and your sister found a place together but I hear you on not being able to have your own place anymore. But just think of what you be able to SAVE and put towards a HOUSE!!!! Very Happy

It took me, hhmmmm....wait I gotta think.... ok. This picture....
was taken on Nov 17, 2008, the day b4 my bday.
That was the last time I cut it that much. I had badly damaged ends. Everything since then have just been trims. And that's just a press y'all!!!! LOL
So I guess it was about 2 years. It always seems like it grows so slow but then when you look at the pics I guess it's not that slow.

And @ Carla, no!!!!! You do NOT look like a lion at all. You hair looks amazing!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 10th March 2011, 2:49 pm

So Butterfly, short styles galore......look at NHappyJackie. She has lots of photos along her journey. Ummm, I tried to post her fotki link, but I'm not that great at doing that. I'm sure if you put her name in on the main page, you will find her. Nice cute easy styles. And you a braider, I'm sure you can add your own touch and get it looking great!!! I might even some myself.

Kris you hair looked great and still does now. I bet you are glad you got rid of those ends. It really looks healthy.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 10th March 2011, 3:13 pm

@misskris - Wow, I didn't know they made a leave in. I will have to look for that...

@Butterfly125, @Fleur, @Ladybird - Thank you! Very Happy

@Missy - It really depends on what I'm doing. If I do a twist-out, I only do about 8 large twists so it only takes me a half hour after washing and conditioning. I'm taking my time with the detangling process more so it may be more 40 minutes to do that. For WnG, its more like 20-25 minutes after conditioning.

For night, I either do pineapple or retwist (really depends on if I need to seal or not).

@Tiff - Its hard to know how long it takes because I've trimmed it so much over the years. I'm letting it grow out this time with the exception of cutting splits and SSKs. I think, I get the standard 6" a year, some sections may be shorter and some are longer...

It can get old after a while especially when I'm pressed for time, but its not something I do daily. The last time I cut my hair was last spring and I'm growing it out. I will do more protective styles as it gets longer.

CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 10th March 2011, 3:31 pm

hey Carla. I got mine from TJMaxx I think so I dunno if they still have it in Target but they may. I like it a lot. it smells great and is creamy. http://www.target.com/Yes-Cucumbers-Daily-Makeover-Conditioner/dp/B0029MMD3Y/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=yes%20to%20cucumbers&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-10&qid=1299781626&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Yes%20Cucumbers%20Daily%20Makeover%20Conditioner&node=1038576%7C1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0
this is the closest thing i see that Target carries. The one I have says it's color care as well but mine says "leave in." But honestly, i don't see why you wouldn't be able to leave this one in. I used to leave Cholesterol in my hair all the time and it never did anything bad to my hair and that wasn't even natural!!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 10th March 2011, 3:32 pm

Gosh that link is long!!!!!! LOL
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 10th March 2011, 3:46 pm

misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 10th March 2011, 4:49 pm

Kris - Thanks for looking that one up! I will see if any of my local stores have it...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next