CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 20 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by MissyCee 3rd March 2011, 1:32 am

Ladybird, how long again since your BC? Yo and I sound like we are in the same area???@!!!! I haven't measured yet, but I will tomorrow. Whew, I hate this part.......
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 3rd March 2011, 11:25 am

Butterfly125 wrote:Thanks, Ladybird!! I was just thinking about doing that again! Your hair is a nice length. Can or do you bun? I cannot wait to do that!

Hey Butterfly..thanks for the compliment Embarassed

I do not like buns because i think they pull a little too much on the hairline, but i do rock a puff every now and then.

In no time you will be able to rock a puff and you will be so excited.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 3rd March 2011, 11:35 am

MissyCee wrote:Ladybird, how long again since your BC? Yo and I sound like we are in the same area???@!!!! I haven't measured yet, but I will tomorrow. Whew, I hate this part.......

Hey Misscee, I BC on Jan 3rd 2008, without even knowing i was Bcing. Just decide to cut all my hair off myself.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd March 2011, 2:21 pm

HI LADIES!!!! I know I have been MIA again. I turned down that job. The dr was playing around with the salary. She told me one thing and then told this other woman that works there that I spoke to another amount. And it was a LOWER amount and it was already too damn low. So I was like, ok with me having to pay for daycare for the baby and before and after care for the 3 girls, and taking taxes out, it wouldn't be worth my time at all. So, i am back to square one. BUT my cousin may hire me part time as his assistant and I can bring the baby with me so no daycare neede for now

Ok, HAIR!!! So I JUST now measured my hair nad it seems to be slowing down quite a bit. I was trying to find my last post for measurements but don't wanna scour thru ALL these posts!! LOL So....from Dec % when I first measured, my lengths were...
Front - 11.5
Top - 10.25
Back - 10.5
Right - 11
Left - 11.5

Today the lengths are...
Front - 13.5 (+2)
Top - 13ish (+2.75)
Back - 12 (+1.5)
Right - 14 (+3)
Left - 13 (+1.5)

So I guess it's not terrible, I mean the right side got 3 whole inches. I wonder if I need to trim. It's been a while. Maybe I'll trim. just a smidge. But I have been oiling my scalp. After I am done with the castor oil I think I'm gonna switch it up. Maybe to the Wild growth Hair oil which I bought already, one light and one regular. I bought one for my mom when she was here but then she told me to just keep em both. So anyway. But I also have this mint scalp stuff from buttersnbars than i have yet to use. and it smells SOOOOO yummy!!!Maybe I should use that first since I have had it longer.

So anywa, those are my stats. Hope you all have been well!!
afro
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 3rd March 2011, 2:36 pm

Hi, Misskris! You are definitely right about that job...hmph Mad tryin' to gaslight you on the salary...forget them! Seriously though, you are right that what you are being paid needs to far outreach what you have to pay for in childcare just to go to work.

Anyway, your hair did get some great growth! That's a great idea about switching to Wild Growth. I think I'll do the same.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd March 2011, 2:45 pm

Winter ends this month right?
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 3rd March 2011, 2:57 pm

You guys are welcome for the link. I have been scouring trying to find videos of all kinds, lol. There was a good one from Coastal Scents but it had a lot of extra ingredients that I have no clue where we would find them. Looks like everyone is having great growth!! cheers

@CarlAR
Girl that shine is serious!! Let me also grab my shades! Cool

@MissKris
Wow, that's jacked up. I'm glad you have more prospects on the horizon though. Yes, winter ends this month on the 20th-21st. Sad

@MissyCee
Why don't you want to order again? And what is a ghee?

I will be measuring soon also. I have gotten my paper and my Biology lab midterm outta the way so I feel a little lighter. Thank God Spring Break is on the way. One more paper and 2 more midterms and I am home free!!The paper should be really easy since I am writing about differing views between naturals on straightening of hair. Its a fun paper (never thought I would hear myself say that). I'm trying to find a good source to use. That part is actually harder than I thought.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd March 2011, 3:02 pm

Hey Tiff It seems like forever since we spoke!!! LOL Glad you got one paper outta the way. You'll knock the rest out in to time!!

@ Carla, yes!!! Your hair DOES look quite pretty in that pic! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 3rd March 2011, 4:39 pm

I just hink I can find or make up something instead of ordering and paying shipping, that's all.

Welcome back MissKris, I thought you were hard at work. Sorry it didn't work out. Something will come soon!!! Let us know how the wild hair grow oil works.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd March 2011, 5:01 pm

thanks Missy.
I won't be starting the wild growth oil til either i run out of the castor oil or Winter ends, whichever will come first. And even then I'm not sure if I wanna do that or the mint scalp stuff from butters n bars. I think I said I will probably use that stuff 1st since I've had it longer. Either way I'll let y'all know. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 3rd March 2011, 5:31 pm

@Tiff, you know I had to look up the proper definition of this product. Key ingredients: Contains organic, virgin Coconut Oil for lubricity, slip and emollience. Pure Moringa Oil for its smoothing and softening properties. Extracts of Oatstraw and Burdock for their scalp conditioning and soothing properties. Amla, Brahmi and Nettle for their hair conditioning, strengthening and growth properties and MSM for follicular health and nourishment.

Does not contain mineral oil, lanolin, proteins, silicones, artificial fragrances, dyes or parabens.

100% Vegetarian.

Scented with pure Lavender Oil.

Directions: This versatile conditioner can be used in several ways:
1. Deep conditioner: Apply generously to wet hair, thoroughly massage into scalp and cover with a plastic cap. Leave in for 5-20 minutes. Comb through with fingers or a wide toothed comb and rinse with warm water.
2. Leave-in conditioner on wet hair: Shampoo hair, towel dry and thoroughly distribute through wet or damp hair. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then detangle using fingers or a wide toothed comb. Style as usual.
3. Daily leave-in conditioner on dry hair: Rub a moderate amount between hands and distribute throughout hair. Leave-in and style.
4. Detangler on loose, dry hair. Divide hair into 4-8 sections. Rub a small to moderate amount between palms and work through the entire length of one section of hair at a time. Use fingers or a wide toothed comb to detangle. Repeat process for each section.
5. Detangler on styled, dry hair: Apply a moderate amount to the ends of braids or twists adding more as you work your way up for easy unraveling and detangling.
Styler: Rub between palms and distribute a small to moderate amount through wet or dry hair before blowdrying, twisting or braiding. Helps elongate kinks and coils and enhances natural curl pattern.

I use it as a leave in so far. I will also try it as a deep conditioner, since I couldnt find one I like. I've already been using the Qhemet Burdock Room Cream and it's great. So I have a product line I like. Finally!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 4th March 2011, 2:04 am

Thanks misskris and Tiff!

I'm doing a semi DT right now. I may measure my hair tonight...Very Happy
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 4th March 2011, 4:43 am

As of 3/3/11

Front: 13"
Top: 16"
Right: 18"
Left: 17"
Back: 18"
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 4th March 2011, 12:16 pm

Sorry i was too frustrated to log on here all week. Couldn't stand to see everyone's hair:(
My hair was healthy and fine. I got the trim b/c I felt like it was time since I bc'd last april. I also noticed some parts were slightly longer than others. I did not expect for multiple inches to be cut.
I'm getting a sew in tomorrow. If I can't see it, I won't be upset about it. Plus, my hair seems to grow longer in the summer. So hopefully 4 months of sew ins should get me back to where I was, if not longer. I have my castor oil, rosemary oil and tea tree oil in my applicator bottle tho and will still be using once a week. Aint no thang but a chicken wang!
I will do length checks at each take down, as well as a good henna and dc. I'm going to Cancun in August so that will probably be my "big unveil". It's too dang hot there to have anyone else's hair on my head!
HHG ladies and I will still check in on you all. If you keep this challenge going I will pick up where I left off (with a head full of hair) this summer!
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 4th March 2011, 12:38 pm

Hey Berry.. u know the funny thing is that i feel the same way right now about my hair. I guess it is just phase we all go through. i think the best thing is to leave it alone for a minute.

Sew-in sounds about good right now...wish i can get one. The last time i had one it itch the heck outta me and i got up like 2am and took it out. So, not happening anytime soon.

Hey missKris...sorry to hear about the job, but if the numbers don't work out...keep it moving. Keep the faith something else will come along.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 4th March 2011, 12:41 pm

I never had problems with the itching, but the castor oil makes my scalp itch so I am nervous about that. I wish I would've weaved it up for the winter. That would've made more sense!
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 4th March 2011, 12:44 pm

Actually, the itching WAS Not from the Castor oil but rather from the actual weave.

I love Castor Oil, it really does wonders for our hair.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 4th March 2011, 1:10 pm

Berry, make sure you post pics. Sorry your hair isn't acting right!!! Daggone hair!!!! I'm sure the rest will be welcome to your head.

I was thinking of adding something also, but my family is making great comments, like your hair is growing, and wow it's so full, so I guess I'm doing something right and will keep in trucking. I don't plan to get a professional cut until I reach a year, so a few more months, August, and I will do that. Right now, I just dusted the ends to remove some SSKs and it feels and looks much better.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 6th March 2011, 2:48 pm

Hey, y'all! So I tried the CG method of washing and styling my hair.... Suspect. Ummmm, no go. I think maybe it would work better on longer hair. I think that's how she intended it because she says things like, "Lean you head to the left side and squeeze scrunch..." Uh, it doesn't matter which way I lean my head, my hair doesn't move...LOL! Anywho, she gives some excellent info in her book, and I refer to it often, so I'm glad I bought it.

Me and my family are going to the NASCAR race today. None of us have ever been. My job gave us free tickets so we figured why not. I have two boys and we're taking our nephew. They should have a good time. The high here today will be 74 so it should be nice out there. sunny
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 6th March 2011, 3:05 pm

Hey Butterfly, funny that you tried the CG Method. just last week i asked about it, because i was hearing much talk. Someone sent me a link and i read a little about it and decided that was not for my 4B/C hair....Nope. But was curious. Was not feeling it so i passed.

NASACR...YAY!!!!!, have loads of fun and i am so sure the kids will enjoy it. run

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 6th March 2011, 3:32 pm

Yeah, I think I have 4b hair also, but much of the information in the CG book makes a lot of sense for hair that is tightly coiled and dry like mine, so although I don't like the washing and styling method she talks about, I do like the info on product ingredients and frizz and dryness.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 6th March 2011, 3:39 pm

I am not sure if i remember about the frizz and dryness part. Care to share a bit? if you have time.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 6th March 2011, 4:06 pm

She talks about different curl patterns and how the most tightly coiled hair is relentlessly dry, which is the case for me. She explains frizz and moisture and has an entire section on the different ingredients you need to look for or beware of in cleansing, conditioning, and styling products and a section with recipes. She says once your hair is sufficiently hydrated, the frizz will be more under control. We'll see. I know that I keep hearing that once you BC, you have to give your hair at least 6 months to see what it is really like. I'm only 1 month in so I'm not making any judgments yet.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 6th March 2011, 4:51 pm

Thanks Butterfly...appreciate it . Like everyone else, still trying to figure out my hair and trying to get the AHH!!! moment. So, somethings i just leave alone, and some things i try.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 7th March 2011, 1:57 am

Ok, so I found some 100% glycerin. Now I would like to make a spray mist to keep my hair moist. Glycerin, aloe vera juice and evoo and almond oil sound good? I think that will be my try mist to see if it works.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next