CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 19 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 19 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by MissyCee 1st March 2011, 11:45 am

Look at you Tiff, fussing bought spending money then ending asking about another...... SMH!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Hey Berry, sorry about he lost of length. I only did a dust trim myself so I think I can measure.

Tiff, you brought up a sore subject. The end of the challenge and our last measurement No We have all GOT to keep in touch!!!! I'm having separations anxiety already!!!

The process I follow is pre poo with evoo and honey, wash or co wash, dc, then leave, then moisture. Works for me well.

Hope all are well!!! The sun is finally shining nicely!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 1st March 2011, 11:51 am

Aww Ladybird. I've been there. I was sooooooo frustrated. But things just started moving in the right direction, like you said, when I paid less attention to my hair and more to other things...... I'm in class, lots of homework, cooking and my duaghters basketball games and a grand on the way in July. Yeah less stress on what to do and just do it.

I was so overwhelmed with information, I was trying to make my hair look like in somebodies picture, but it just wasn't happening.

Happy Trails....... and we do hope to see you around the board somewhere........ What a Face
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st March 2011, 11:53 am

Hy MissyCee.. the End ...NOOOOOOo Sad i think we should just keep it going for another six months, what do you guys think?

I feel very comfortable talking to you ladies and in a weird way it feels like a long distance family Very Happy

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st March 2011, 11:59 am

MissCee, I will be around and i am still in the challenge. the one main thing i will be doing is leaving my hair alone, until i am feeling it again.

But i will be here.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 1st March 2011, 12:45 pm

Cooooooolllllllll. And I know it is funny we can just chat and chat and chat!!!!

If I miss a day, I feel like I've missed something. But I try to keep an eye on this page...

I was thinking cstor oil would be too thick for the summer months. We were actuallly talking last week or so..... LOL, about jojoba oil or something lighter as it warms up. But not yet......
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st March 2011, 12:58 pm

You know Missycee, we should think of another challenge to do in the summer ...not necessarily oil but something summer related...IDK maybe((leave our hair alone challenge) Just kidding Very Happy

Maybe the other ladies will think of something we can do.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 1st March 2011, 1:15 pm

You are right!!!! I was thinking makeup related cause I was planning to start experimenting with colors and the warmer weather makes them just pop. I'm not a makeup person, but I thought i would try..... I've also done nails, doing thme yourself!.. My daughter and i have bunches of colors. All under 2 dollars a bottle to decorate our nails ourselves. She was asked at school if she was part Asian cause she did so well!!!! They were cute though.

Hmmmmmm, what to do what to do??????
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st March 2011, 1:28 pm

LOL....@makeup and your daughter being part Asian
I love makeup although i don't wear as much as i should, but i am very good @ it when i do. Actually Just found the perfect shade eyebrow pencil and trying to master my brows..still working on getting it just right.

Ok Sounds harmless enough... if we mesh up,we just wash it off.

Laughing
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 1st March 2011, 1:40 pm

OMG!! I been thinking about the end of the challenge too! NOOOOOOOO!! :(It kinda makes me think of like when you go on an extended vacation with extended family and you just don't want it to end. I agree, new challenge!! LOL! I'll try to think of a few things. We can do.

@Ladybird
I feel you on giving it a rest so to speak. That why I started working on ways to wear my tnc's for a longer period of time. It me allowed to diversify my focus some.

@Berry
I'm sorry it wasn't a more pleasant experience. Did you cut it just to even it out or due to damage?

@MissyCee
IKR!! I can't help it. I stay chasing my next breakthru item. Thank goodness I have not found a bunch of stuff my hair doesn't like though. The only thing I wasn't really crazy about was the Shea Moisture DTM and that was mainly due to the smell. I guess I shouldn't even mention that my sister and I are looking for a place together and my monthly expenses will decrease drastically with the right place... Thanks for helping clear up where the dc goes in the regimen. Lol, I'm in denial. It seems like the challenge has gon by fast though. I definitely think my hair is getting thicker. LOL! They wrong for asking if she's part Asian. LOL! I like the make up idea. Maybe then my experimenting won't be so sporadic and haphazard.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st March 2011, 1:56 pm

Hey Tiff.... when you find the next break through item...Please DO NOT let me know...LOL.

I am in hair Rehab!!!!

Laughing
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 1st March 2011, 2:05 pm

LOL! I'll keep that in mind. LOL! Laughing
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 1st March 2011, 3:15 pm

LMBO!!! @MissyCee and her separation anxiety because I'm feeling it too! And @Ladybird and her "leave your hair alone" challenge...LOL!!!
And Tiff, I know how you feel about trying to find the perfect product combo. I've been looking at Quidad lately. I looked at WEN briefly, but that &*%$ is too expensive!

I would really miss you ladies if we just let this challenge end. Seriously, we do need to start a new one for the summer. I love you
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 1st March 2011, 4:36 pm

Okay, no need to prolong the inevitable...

I last measured on 2/7 after my BC. They were and are now:

Crown - 3
Front - 2.75
Back (center) - 3
Sides (both) - 2.75

Crown - 3.5
Front - 3
Back 3.5+
Sides 3.25

I guess my hair is growing pretty evenly at the average rate of .5 in per month.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 2nd March 2011, 12:10 am

Great growth Butterfly!!!! I ain't measuring!!! Ok, ok, I will one day this week.

Keep your lips sealed Tiff!!! I know where Alabama is!!!!!

You all know what I found out??? My hair does not like shea butter. I have two (&($&*% tubs of this stuff and it just make my hair ashy. I've tried mixing it with oils, etc. No luck. Same ole ashy looking hair!!!

Butterfly your are funny!!! WEN is very expensive!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 2nd March 2011, 12:37 am

Thanks, MissyCee!!! I have not yet tried my shea butter for my hair because I haven't heard anyone say anything solid about what to mix it with and how it works. But it works good for skin, so I think I'll just continue to use it for that.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 2nd March 2011, 1:05 am

I know. I was getting dark spots on my ear lobes where my earrings go, someone told me to put shea butter on them and they look much better. Almost like a lightening cream. Also I've used it on my lips to moisten, they are not as chapped.....But for hair......I heard to seal the ends and hold in the moisture, but not me!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 2nd March 2011, 1:36 am

@MissyCee
LOL, yes ma'am! Are you mixing your shea with anything or using it alone? You can always make a whipped shea butter for your body so you don't waste it. I plan to try it in the near future. Since its warming up here. Here's a few videos. I'm impatient so I prolly wouldn't do the overnight method, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNHUPrNotrA&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9DY5zvIlpQ&NR=1&feature=fvwp

@Butterfly125
Great growth! Its great its consistent. At least you kinda know what to expect every month. That's a shame about the Wen! When I watched to infomercial the other day I was soooo tempted to get some! I don't remember anything about the price.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 2nd March 2011, 6:08 am

@Tiff - Thanks for posting the videos!

@Butterfly - Good going with the growth!

With me, I'm still oiling my scalp with JBCO every other night. I'm in protective styling mode right now with buns. I'm getting kind of bored with it, but its good for my hair at this point...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 2nd March 2011, 11:17 am

CarlaAR, wheew, where are my sunglasses???? I am waiting for that day. Your hair looks great.

Yeah Tiff, I will try some type of body butter. When I see a bit of time to make some. Thanks for the videos!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 2nd March 2011, 12:56 pm

Thanks MissyCee!
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 2nd March 2011, 1:24 pm

Thanks, Tiff! You are right about knowing what to expect because I have already counted...hmmmm, half an inch over the next 12 months gives me....lots of hair! Now I need to concentrate on retention as well as growth so I can get there afro

CarlaAR, thank you! Your hair is sooooo pretty!! Did you have to transition your heat damaged hair? Did you BC?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 2nd March 2011, 1:39 pm

Sooooo, I am rushing today. Did a quick prepoo, evoo and honey, washed with Hello HYdration shampoo then condsh with HH condish, then used my Koils by Nature Shealoe Moisturizing Leave in and my KCKT and the KKCC. I have a sshrunken curly looks, but, I did most of the protection. I think I've found a great short cut when I need it.

Oh I am going to the BSS to get some Qhemet Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee today. Plus I ran out of KCKT and I need a good deep conditioner. I don't want to order again, so If I can find something or you all can suggest something, that will work. I was using My Honey Child deep condish. It's all gone now....

I think Qhemet is my go to product. Love it!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 2nd March 2011, 2:11 pm

@Butterfuly - I slowly transition while cutting about an inch of hair a month until it was all grown out. I wish I have photos from that time.

Thank you!
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 2nd March 2011, 5:58 pm

Hey all,

Measurement time. so i was trying to look back a couple of pages to see my last measurements and i could not find it, so i am not sure how much growth i obtained.

So here goes:
Crown Front -4.2"

Left side-5.2"

Right side -6"

Top middle-5.2"

Back Left-6"

Back Right-6.5"

Obviously my hair is uneven, but i do not rust any to trim it.

@ Carla, just like MissyCee..i need sunglasses Very Happy

@Butterfly...see our hair can grow...nice job. I still like like your twisties
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 2nd March 2011, 7:02 pm

Thanks, Ladybird!! I was just thinking about doing that again! Your hair is a nice length. Can or do you bun? I cannot wait to do that!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next