CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 24 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 24 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by Ladybird 15th March 2011, 4:21 pm

How often do you wash your hair? and how is the styling process going. My biggest problem is styling. i just cannot get it or maybe I am to lazy to try different styles. It is so time consuming.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 15th March 2011, 6:26 pm

Ladybird, I know what you mean. It is or can be very time consuming. When I get frustrated I Just think back to when my hair was relaxed and I still had to wash, condition, blow dry, and hot curl it every week; and then on top of that, hot curl it every day because it was so messed up that I could never get the style to last more than one day Mad. Girl, it was a viscous cycle.

Okay, I co-wash once a week, usually on Sunday. The only reason I'm doing it today is because of the flakes we talked about. I also deep condition when I co-wash once a week. After that, I put in a leave-in (kimmaytube's is my fave so far), add an oil, which is supposed to be for "sealing" but honestly, I just like the way it feels and keeps my hair from being too crunchy from the gel. Then I rake the gel through with my fingers, kind of separating pieces that have clumped together as I go. That's what I do on wash day.

Every day after that, I spray my hair with my purified water/lavender EO mix, which reactivates the gel and I kind of "bounce" the curls around with my fingers and finger style. I've seen some girls on YT shake their heads, but that mess gives me a headache. If I have to add a little bit more gel, I do (usually not before day 3 or 4). Then every other night I put oil on my fingertips and rub my scalp with it at night before I put on my bonnet.

It's not bad. I've gotten really quick at it now. It only takes me about 15 minutes to style.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th March 2011, 9:35 pm

Hey Butterfly. I know people had mention that some oils don't play nice with some creamy products and they get those white beady looking globs in their hair. So it's probably just the mixture of the products, not any one single item being bad.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th March 2011, 9:36 pm

Oh and thanks. I should know about the job tomorrow but I think I got it!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 16th March 2011, 12:01 am

misskris wrote:Hey Butterfly. I know people had mention that some oils don't play nice with some creamy products and they get those white beady looking globs in their hair. So it's probably just the mixture of the products, not any one single item being bad.

OMG...yes!! Thank you! I don't know why I didn't think of that before Idea but it all makes perfect sense now...hahaha!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by martin1987 16th March 2011, 4:30 am

Raw cake ok. I just looked at your fotki. You feel good. Do not launch any further problems? It's great. I agree, cutting as you work. Be sure to moisturize and deep condition and handled with care. Nice twists with Bantu knots. I hope to try some Bantu knot this summer.

martin1987

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 16th March 2011, 11:23 am

Ummm who is that???

Hey ladies. I've been out a bit. Ending this last class, get a week off then back to the grind. I have two powerpoints to do today. So off I head to get cracking!!!

Argon oil huh? I'm SERIOUSLY looking at kinky twists for a bit. Seriously like I might go tomorrow.........Will post picks if I do....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 16th March 2011, 2:15 pm

Yeah, um, I don't know.

MissyCee, yes, please post pics. I've been wanting to do something like that with my hair, but it is growing like crazy and I'm scared to make any drastic changes right now. You make me miss school even more when you talk about it. I want to be back in school soooooo bad No but I already have like a zillion dollars in loans and can't borrow any more federal loans, only private loans, and my bankruptcy has been discharged for almost 2 years, so no one will lend me anything without a co-signer right now. I suppose after the 2 years (April 15th) I'll try again. I LOVE school study!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 16th March 2011, 2:49 pm

I wanted to show you girls the results I got with Garnier Triple Nutrition (because Tiff said she loved it), KCKT, and Argan Oil Eco Styler gel. This is the best curl definition and shine I ever had...so far. Plus I think my hair just had growth spurt! And, Misskris, I think you were right, and I got rid of the white cakey flakes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th March 2011, 3:15 pm

Girll your heair looks like it has grown a bit since you cut the relaxed ends off!!!! woot! Glad you got rid of the white stuff.

And I dunno who that is either. LOL Random!!! Oh well.

Well i cowashed this morning with Yes To Tomatoes and then re-oiled my scalp with castor oil, mosturized w/Yes To Cucumbers Leave in and then actually sealed with a little of the castor oil! Wanted to try something slightly different. I didn't use too much cuz I know it could get messy.

misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 16th March 2011, 3:23 pm

Thanks, Misskris. Yeah, I remember when I sealed with CO and found out that stuff is way too heavy for my fine hair. Remind me again though why we shouldn't use CO to oil our scalp in the summer. Is it just because it's one of the heavier oil and something lighter would be better during the hotter months?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 16th March 2011, 4:44 pm

NICE CURLS Butterfly!!! What a Face Very cute!! Love the flower also.

I think using the castor oil in the summer will be too heavy. I also have thin hair. I will make sure to post pics if/when I get the twists. I have school, running with my daughter who just started AAU Basketball and another who is preggo due July 1st but might not last that long.... no time to concentrate on hair, but want something to be very easy to handle and not damage my hair too much. I will still oil the scalp and hope it grows nicely when I remove them. I was thinking to leave them in for 2 months??? Too long??? Not sure I can't remember. I guess when they start looking beat down, I will remove them. Oh and it's a cute short style I found. Might even add a bit of color to the front for something different.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 16th March 2011, 4:59 pm

Thanks, MissyCee!! My, you are busy! I thought about coloring my hair also but don't want to have to transition or BC because of color. My stylist says I could always dye it dark brown or black if I get tired of the lighter color...yeah right, that's what I want, more (potentially) damaging chemicals on top of damaging chemicals. I don't know, maybe I'm just skittish because part of the damage to my relaxed hair was due to highlights.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 16th March 2011, 5:06 pm

Hey All...

Butterfly .... you hair looks FAB!!!! Me likey. Those curls are poping Laughing and it looks so full and healthy.... makes me feel like BCing again, looks so easy to maintain. Nice Job.

Missceey...waiting for pics of the twits. I try to leave mine in as long as possible to get as much growth as possible, so when i take them down i have a nice size fro.

We are still trying to decide what to do for our next challenge...this one was so much fun and it went by so fast.

My breakage seem to have slowed down after my first treatment, but still have a couple more to do.I bought some Garlic conditioner to add to my Garlic oil an i am going to do that this weekend when i DC an then rinse with my Black Tea.

I am trying so hard not to detangle my hair for @ least a month, to contro the breakage but it is so hard no t to comb you hair.

Hey MissKris...hope you get that job.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 16th March 2011, 5:24 pm

Awwww, thanks, Ladybird! I love you Sounds like you're tackling your hair issues. Good for you. Are you just detangling and combing through your hair with your fingers? The only time I put a comb in my hair is my shower comb once a week when I co-wash and with lots of conditioner in my hair.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 16th March 2011, 5:48 pm

For now i am just using my fingers with my conditioner. Cannot stand to see all that hair when i comb Evil or Very Mad

Not sure how it it look after a month of not combing...we'll see.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 16th March 2011, 5:59 pm

Just know that you are going to some shedding after not combing for that long. I know one time I didn't co-wash for almost 2 weeks and the amount of hair coming out was kind of alarming pale , but that was because I hadn't combed it for that long.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 16th March 2011, 6:07 pm

ok, will keep that in mind. If it is not one thing it is something else, but i will never go back to that "evil while stuff" Laughing
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 16th March 2011, 7:44 pm

Hahahaha...I know that's real!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 16th March 2011, 9:41 pm

Butterfly, stopping in to tell you that you are working those beautiful curlies. Your hair is also growing quite a bit!! Bravo!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 16th March 2011, 11:29 pm

Fleur, thank you so much for that!!!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 17th March 2011, 1:06 am

Yacoomba - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Question: is Yacoomba your given name? I ask because I had a friend in pre-school (I was three!) with that same name! I never met anyone else in my life.

Butterfly - I was thinking of ordering that in bulk at one of the online shops (probably only 2oz!) I cant wait to try it!

By the way, I LOVE your hair!

Ladybird - I wash my hair twice a week. I either shampoo or co-wash. I tend to style with twist outs (because I experience less breakage) except for the occasional WnG. Sometimes I do a WnG that would last about two days then dry twist it. I try not to "mess" with my hair too too much though except when setting it for the night either by pineapple or twist and moisturizing.

It is time consuming because the bulk of the time spent is either by DCing which I do once a week and detangling which takes a while. Fortunately I can do other things while my hair is under a plastic cap though.

I don't do a lot of "curl defining" tricks and techniques so that saves time. I guess I could if my hair was shorter.

Its the price I pay by having medium length (and growing) hair.

Hair update:

I washed (shampooed) my hair for another WnG. The next day I decided to dry twist it for the rest of the week so that my hair wont get too frizzy and tangled.

Products used (after a DC):

1. Qhemet Biologics Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee - for detangling and a leave-in.

2. Shea Moisture, Curl Enhancing Smoothie - as a styler.

3. Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade - seal my ends.

4. Shea butter and aloe vera gel to slick down my sides.

5. JBCO for my scalp.

CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 17th March 2011, 1:29 am

CarlaAR, thanks!! I love your hair also! It's so pretty! I'm curious...what's your hair story? Did you transition? BC? Always natural? And please forgive me if you've told us this before. This thread is busy and I don't remember if you did. Laughing
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 17th March 2011, 1:33 pm

Hey ladies! I feel like I have not posted in so long.

@MissKris
I praying for you and your employment. You know God is gonna come thru.

@Butterfly
drunken Your hair looks gorgeous! I'm glad the Triple Nutrition worked out for you too! I'm taking notes on getting good curl definition. I'm seriously considering bc'ing. I'm just getting kinda tired... You did a beautiful job though. Kudos!

@MissyCee
I hope you find a style that is less time consuming. Kinky twists sound good. Definitely a good no manipulation style. As far as how long they can be left in, I think 6-8 weeks should be a good amount of time. I used to leave my sew ins about that long. Any longer and I would have knots for days. You've almost made it 30 days without a cigarette! Go girl!!! woot!

@Ladybird
I'm glad your breakage is slowing up. I've never heard of garlic treatments. I try not to comb my hair so much also. I definitely have noticed a difference in the amount of shed hair. After I wash and detangle, I go thru and gently pull the section to get anything I missed in the shower. Idk, after having done this a few months, I kinda think combs just pull your dang hair out to a degree. Anyway, can you tell me more about the garlic oils and treatments? I am noticing some breakage and would like to get it stopped before it gets started to well.

@Carla
Your hair looks pretty also! Its so shiny and well defined. I too am curious about your "hairstory."

Soooo I am getting a little tired of transitioning. Well maybe not so much transitioning as styling. I miss just being able to go to bed with my hair in a ponytail. Idk if its just b/c of the sheer amount of stuff I have crammed in the day or what. I am always tired and sleepy and having to spend 2-3 hours to do hair is not working. I did find a new way to kinda help keep my tnc's up. Its a modified pineapple. I use kinda push all of my hair up toward the ceiling and bobby pin in around the perimeter. There are some longer parts that tend to hang over, so I either pin those tendrils to the crown of my head with the curl in or loosely tie a ribbon around it. Then I can just throw on my bonnet and go to bed. In the morning I can just remove the pins, fluff, and go. Honestly I think I am about to start bunning if my hair cooperates. I am gonna go to Wal-Mart tonight and get this little bunformer thing I have been looking at. I have noticed some breakage and split ends so I will be getting a trim in the next few weeks. Hopefully that and bunning will help. If bunning doesn't do it. I will be getting a nice sew in.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 17th March 2011, 2:16 pm

Thanks, Tiff!!! You are just too sweet **pinching your cheeks**...hahaha. I completely understand about being tired and on top of everything else you have to do, having to spend too much time on your hair. I cannot tell you how happy I am now that I don't have relaxed ends anymore. That crap was driving me up a wall Mad.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next