CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 18 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 18 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by Ladybird 24th February 2011, 4:24 pm

Hey Missceey, impressive growth and congrats on 7 months. Wait till you reach a year, you will not believe it!!!
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 25th February 2011, 12:24 am

@ Butterfly....THIS was oil. It HAD to be as opposed to sebum. I mean it was serious!! I think I had just squirted too much oil in some spots. But it's all washed out now.

SO.......They offered me the job!!!!!!! It doesn't pay what I want but I may just take it anyway until something better comes along. And don't folks say it's easier to FIND a job when you HAVE one??? lol So If I take this one, another one will come along eventually. Very Happy

So thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. It worked!! cheers I will be starting on Monday as long as all goes well. I will be talking with them again tomorrow in regards to salary because we are negotiating now!!! So, but most likely I will accept. I am trying to get a HOUSE so I need to.

Thanks again, all. Oh and Butterly, thanks for the compliment--about me being impressive!!! Razz
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 25th February 2011, 12:25 am

oh and about the job....i should take it, huh? Cuz beggers can't be choosey right?? (is that how you spell choosey??? lol) Wink
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 25th February 2011, 4:12 pm

Hahahaha...you are too funny, Misskris! He** to the yeah you should take it!!! I mean even if they're not paying what you want, it's better than what you're getting now, right? And just because you accept the job doesn't mean you have to stay there FOREVER. CONGRATULATIONS !!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 25th February 2011, 4:17 pm

Hey, have any of you ladies tried the Curly Girl method of washing and caring for your hair? I'm curious 'cause the Borders by my job is closing so I bought the book really cheap, and the info in it looks pretty good and doable.

And...I have another question. Have any of you used black soap? I've been reading about it, and I just ordered some from Amazon. I ordered because this girl at work heard me talking about my son's acne and she suggested it and I had already read good things about it. I'm hoping it will work on my son's (and mine) acne so I can stop buying him the prescription meds.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 25th February 2011, 10:00 pm

I was wondering about the Curly Girl method? I do have a borders near me. I will check it out.

I used to also use the black soap a while back. The kind I had was pretty rough, I mean scratching my skin. Make sure you get a smoother milled version. It should help though.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 26th February 2011, 12:40 am

Thanks, MissyCee. I already got it in the mail today Cool AND I already used it. It didn't feel harsh. I lathered up the face towel and cleaned my face and then my back that way. My son promised me he'll start using it tomorrow. I bought some 100% pure shea butter also. It does not smell good...lol. Should I mix it with an EO? I have lavender, orange, and rosemary.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 26th February 2011, 9:08 pm

Hey ladies,are we submitting measurements the end of the month?

I just trimed/dust so i am not sure what i will get.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 26th February 2011, 11:58 pm

I just trimmed very lightly also last night. Got a few knots that came from no where. But I will be measuring after I was on Monday or Tuesday....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 27th February 2011, 12:47 pm

I thought we were measuring sometime within the first week of each month??? Is it supposed to be the last week of the month? I measured the first week of Feb. after I BCd on the 5th. I hope I see some growth Very Happy
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 27th February 2011, 3:33 pm

Hey ladies....

1st week is what we were doing. Anytime this week should be fine. Butterfly, I have never tried the black soap but keep hearing good things about it. I'll have to try it someday.

I guess I'll post my measurements later today or tomorrw. I didn't even think about it until I read this thread and i JUST cornrowed my hair. lol It's only in 2 but still I don't feel like undoing and then redoing it!!! Can we say LAZY? LOL

afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 27th February 2011, 4:34 pm

misskris wrote:Hey ladies....

1st week is what we were doing. Anytime this week should be fine. Butterfly, I have never tried the black soap but keep hearing good things about it. I'll have to try it someday.

I guess I'll post my measurements later today or tomorrw. I didn't even think about it until I read this thread and i JUST cornrowed my hair. lol It's only in 2 but still I don't feel like undoing and then redoing it!!! Can we say LAZY? LOL

afro
Okay, this is why I'm confused confused You say "1st week" but then you said you would measure today or tomorrow which would be the last week of Feb. not the first week of March??? Am I trippin'?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 27th February 2011, 4:55 pm

Yeah but this week IS the 1st week of March!!! I was just saying that because I supposedly start my job Monday so I may not feel like doing it during the week. that's why I said maybe tonight!! lol You're not trippin!!!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 27th February 2011, 5:04 pm

ok So i was post measurements the first of Feb. I also just braided my hair but i will measure anyway...like misskris said " can u say LAZY" Very Happy to take it down.

@Butterfly u not tripping girrrrrl.

Anyway right now i am not feeling my hair, it is just not coming out the way i want it, and it is breaking like crazy. I think i am doing to much to it so i am going to leave it alone for awhile.

Hope you lades had a blessed day.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 27th February 2011, 5:06 pm

LOL...okay. Hahahaha, I'm kinda slow sometimes y'all, huh?! Thanks, girl!

Misskris, you're starting your job Monday?!! That's awesome? Are you excited or will a part of you miss being home with your kids? I have never been home with my kids except when they were newborn, but I always wished I could be.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 27th February 2011, 5:10 pm

Ladybird, I feel you about the "doing too much" to your hair. I've been trying all these different things, and it has not been acting right. I just decided today to do what I know works and leave it alone. The simpler, the better. Co-wash, deep condition, kimmaytube's leave-in, and Eco Styler gel. That's it. And of course, oiling my scalp with castor oil. I went back to that routine today, and my hair is already happier.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 27th February 2011, 5:24 pm

Hey Butterfly. Well the job is not what I was really hoping for. In fact, they called me from seeing my resume on careerbuilder. I never even applied for it. BUT, it is a job and I will suck it up until something better comes along. I think I will kinda miss staying home. I only kept my son, the rest have been in school. It's been 2 whole yrs since I have worked so it's time. It doesn't pay enough but like I said, it's a job. I was really hoping that something in the school system was gonna come thru but....oh well. I have still been looking and applying to other jobs. They say that it's easier to GET a job when you HAVE a job, right? lol So we'll see. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 27th February 2011, 5:26 pm

Hey Butterfly, my hair is just not acting right and i know is the S&%$# i am doing to it, so i am going to back to the basic and stop the the nonsense.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 27th February 2011, 11:20 pm

@Misskris - I hope you get something you want sooner than later, but yeah, since it's been 2 whole years, you're doing what's right for you and your family Wink

@Ladybird - That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, back to basics. It's actually a good thing that our hair "acts" a certain way when we use new products or try new styles -- that's how we know right away to keep going or to stop and go back to what works.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 28th February 2011, 11:50 am

Hey ladies. I've been awol for a few weeks. I had to let go of the jbco due to major itching. I'm using the regular CO and believe it or not there's still some itching. I guess my scalp just doesn't like anything sitting on it!? So i've only been applying once a week and massaging it in really good. Saturday I got my first real trim in a salon. I was terrified but I had to do it. My wash and go's were getting awkward and lopsided. So now I'm even all around. She took about an inch off in the longest parts, because it was growing longer on one side. While it is noticeably shorter, it's way less frizzy and looks neater (Remember me and my dad did my bc!). At first I was sad to see hair hitting the floor, but then I remembered that in April 2010 my head was bald! It's hair, it will grow back!
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 28th February 2011, 9:26 pm

Hey ladies!! **wave**

@Thinice & MissyCee
You guys are stylin' and profilin'!! afro Y'all look beautiful! Congrats on your 7 months too, MissyCee!

@MissKris
Congrats on getting a job! I am so happy for you!! You will really start finding jobs now. It really is true that its easy to find jobs when you have one (Trust me, I have had over 20 in my short lifetime Embarassed )

@Butterfly125
Lol, don't kill the fro with products. My hair is doing better since I have simplified as well.

@Ladybird
LOL! I feel you on stopping the madness. I realized things are out of hand in the product dept after I purchased my grapeseed oil this weekend. How will you be changing your regimen?

@Berry3674
Glad to see you again ma'am! I was hoping you hadn't left us! Did you get your hair trimmed while curly or straight? I am thinking about flat ironing to see if mine is still even. I swear one side seems a little lopsided... Its either that or I twist better on one side. My ends appear fine but one can never be too sure.

I have some minor updates. I did finally purchase some grapeseed oil. I plan to flat iron for our final measurement. The official end of winter is March 20-21st so will we be taking our final measurements at that point? I did also realize that I have not done any protective styling this winter. Maybe next year I guess, lol. I am still using my shampoo bars from Chagrin Valley. The love endures. I have been piling crazy amounts of product in my hair so I have to do more than cowash. I think I am going to lay off the gel. I prefer the softer hold of the SM Curl Enhacing Smoothie. Sometime soon I am going to get around to the deep condition. I was going to do it yesterday but I fell asleep. I am thinking I will use my ORS Replenishing Pak with coconut oil and honey. I kinda want to incorporate my AVG to see what would happen but I have to keep thinking on that one. I know this is a crazy question but I am gonna ask it anyway. Is deep conditioning supposed to be your last step? I guess I have forgotten since I haven't done it in so long. I'm still oiling my scalp with plain castor oil, no news there. Oh yea, how do you all do your scalp massages?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 28th February 2011, 11:50 pm

She used the devacut method (dry cut). Its so dang short tho! I probably lost like 4-5 months of growth. No more big puff for me. Ugh! but its got a nice shape so it will be cute as it grows. One trim per year is all I can stomach. No point in me length chking cuz it aint there Crying or Very sad
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 1st March 2011, 12:22 am

Welcome back, Berry!! Sorry to hear about losing your length, but you are right...hair grows back afro

@Tiff - **wave** Hi!! Um, yeah, I've been trying all kinds of stuff on my hair, just trying to perfect my products. I hate experimenting with products since I have to go to work with whatever my hair decides to do that day. I'm just on a quest to find a conditioner, moisturizer, and styler that my hair likes. My routine is solid. I just have to settle on the right combination of products. I'm making progress though.

Okay, the only thing I do after my DC is put in my leave-in and style.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 1st March 2011, 12:57 am

Ok so its wash, dc, leave in? Idk what I was thinking, lol. I didn't even think about adding leave in after my dc. I've been thinking about my bc. I still haven't figured out if I wanna do mini chops or just cut it all off at once... I'm still trying to figure out my product combos. I figure I need to have 2 just in case. Something happens. I am trying to stop buying stuff but I keep hearing about new stuff and want to try it. Doggone shame. Anyone tried anything by Silk Elements?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st March 2011, 11:42 am

Ok so here goes.. I am going through a phase where i am super frustrated with my hair, and i realize what it is. I am definitely doing to much to my hair and it is telling me that by breaking, shedding , drying out and acting stupid.

So..this is my plan for a while.LEAVE MY HAIR ALONE AND FOCUS ON SOMETHING ELSE ( like learning to cook better). I am getting consumed with everything hair related. I am not a product junkie so that is not the problem, but my regime needs to change and I plan on doing that by leaving my hair alone for minute and realize what works for me.

Before i found all these forums and hair sites i was doing my own thing and my hair was coming along slowly but surely, then i got caught up and i am not feeling my hair.

Don't get me wrong, i truly appreciate ALL the info out there, but i cannot let that consume me.

So this is what i am going to try my best to stick for @ least good three months (put my hair in rehab). Laughing

Sorry about the long post ..Ladies you all have a goo day now.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next