CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 17 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 17 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by MissyCee 22nd February 2011, 12:58 pm

I haven't noticed a difference. The jbco is thicker, but not much else other than smell, etc. I've used both and I ran out of the jbco and started using the regular and no differences. Any others want to weigh in??
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 22nd February 2011, 1:33 pm

Thanks MissCeey, just wanted to know if to give it a try when i ran out, but i guess it really does not make a difference.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 22nd February 2011, 2:09 pm

I use both and the JBCO is better for moisture retention on my hair. I also use the JBCO on my occasional eczema break outs on my arms and it seems to almost immediately clear up the inflammation where regular castor oil does not...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 22nd February 2011, 3:24 pm

@Thinice
Thanx! I'll check her out tonight when I do my hair.

@MissyCee
I me too! I don't know what it is. I am usually very good at following directions. I guess I have a hard time with make up b/c I am naturally very heavy handed. Neutral They have mascaras out there that supposedly grow your lashes. Have you tried using falsies? I thought about it but mine look good with just a little mascara. Adding more make me look spiderish about the eyes.

@CarlaAR
Have you noticed a difference in your hair with it?

Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 22nd February 2011, 3:46 pm

Hi, all!!! You made me laugh, Tiff Laughing about the falsies because my friend and I bought some last year when we went on vacation, trying to be all glamorous and stuff, and we didn't know you needed glue...hahahaha! So I still have them. We're going on vacation again this April so I'll be sure to have the glue this time. I hope I don't get addicted to wearing them...LOL.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 22nd February 2011, 4:12 pm

@Tiff - I only started using it a week ago or so I haven't noticed anything yet in terms of hair growth, but my hair does feel softer with JBCO than with the regular one. I do mix the regular CO with jojoba oil to thin it out a bit (3:2), so that helps. I like to use the CO/jojoba mix to seal...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 22nd February 2011, 4:52 pm

Tiff, i haven't tried falsies and Butterfly, you are TOO FUNNY!!! No glue!! HAHAHAHA!!! Tiff, I have used MAC mascara, ummmm let me find the container.......AMC Haught and naughty. It has two brushes. I like it very much. When I wear the one that makes the lashes look fuller, it gets noticed. Don't want to actually grow the lashes. But it's nice to see them look fuller when I want.

CarlaAR, didn't know that about using JCBO on the arms and all. Good to know.

MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 22nd February 2011, 5:40 pm

@Butterfly125
LOL! That's funny. They do make some that are in strips with the adhesive already on them. You still have those? You might as well go ahead and try them out. I love long lashes!

@MissyCee
Haught & Naughty, huh? I might need to go pick that up. Do your eyes ever feel dry after using mascara? I am also looking for one that coats well but doesn't make my lashes look straight. I love the Exact Eyelights by CG and I also have one by Loreal... Intense something or other... I have been considering getting an eyelash curler to see how that'll do...

@CarlaAR
Let us know if you see any changes in your hair. I may try your oil mix with the Castor Oil b/c I really do like how CO makes my scalp feel...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 22nd February 2011, 8:22 pm

Well I have the small eye syndrome. When I smile my eyes look closed. So, putting on mascara is a delicate process. When I do it, I have to do it quick or my eyes will water also. So what I find that I can use, I get it. So far this one doesn't make my eyes dry, and it's easy to remove. I did mean MAC haught and haughty above too!!! I did try the lash blaster in the orange tube. It was ok, but cakey.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 22nd February 2011, 9:32 pm

@ MissyCee
Lol @ SMALL EYE SYNDROME! My brother-in-law's eyes looked closed A LOT of the time. Its really funny b/c he looks like he is asleep most of the time. Lol, I figured you were talking about MAC, I saw the Haught & Naughty on their website a few weeks ago. I'm thinking of letting them give me one of those little free make overs or product tests. Maybe they'll throw in some tips. There's a guy that does it in the mall. Lol, his make up is always FLYY! I tried the lash blast as well, and I agree. Very cakey. No bueno. I have been looking for some waterproof stuff to cover my stretch marks when I learn to swim this summer. No luck so far... Crying or Very sad
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 22nd February 2011, 10:33 pm

Aren't the MAC guys always FLYYYYY!!!! That seems to be all I see in the stores or the overmade up young ladies. LOLOLOL!!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 23rd February 2011, 1:07 am

Okay, hold up...Tiff, did you say mascara to cover up stretchmarks? Um, very interesting. I'd try it...lol. And even more important, did you say learn to swim? That's awesome! I think everyone should know how to swim. I remember my Pop-Pop (grandfather) used to walk me and my little cousin up to the local park everyday for our swim lessons when I was a little girl. Sorry...that brought back memories geek
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 23rd February 2011, 3:11 am

@MissyCee
LOL! That is a shame but true. Why do the boys always look better than the girls?

@Butterfly125
LMBO!! NOOOOO!! I meant like a waterproof concealer or something. LOL! Mascara on my hips and side would look a mess! Yeah, I know its sad but I can't even tread water. My friend in GA said he would teach me though. I think it'll be great exercise. That's a sweet memory about you Pop Pop. I don't have very many memories with my grandparents...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 23rd February 2011, 1:18 pm

@Tiff - LMBO too!!!!! Okay, because I was just trying to be supportive and all, girlfriend...LOL!! Awwww, did you lose them early? My Nana and Pop-Pop spent a lot of time with me. I was their second grandchild (after my brother) and their first granddaughter and I was the only granddaughter for 9 years, so I was just a little spoiled...lol. My 5 uncles kept having boys, so I was like everybody's daughter...I miss those days...good times, good times Very Happy
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 23rd February 2011, 2:11 pm

LOL! Well I appreciate your support. Well yes and no. Yeah, I did lose some relatively early. I have a few memories of my mother's father (adoptive); however we did not get to visit very often since he lived like 6 hours away. I know nothing of her biological father to date. I don't remember anything of my father's father before his stroke. I only remember him lying in the bed most of the time. Except the time my step sister beat him with a broom. My mother's mother (adoptive) died soon after I came about. I think my mom said she got to see me walk... Her biological mother I have been introduced to but idk she seems like such a distant relative. She was nowhere in my childhood. I met her in my 20's. My father's mother I know but she doesn't like my mom so no deal. Family is a funny thing.

Anywho. My hair seems to be just lingering in the same spot. Everytime I stretch it looks like it has just kinda stopped. I'm hoping its all in my head.
Sad
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 23rd February 2011, 2:23 pm

I hope it's all in your head too...lol. Maybe the growth is just slowing or maybe it just seems that way because you're watching it. That's what's good about measuring...it may "look" the same, but the ruler doesn't lie LOL! Shoot, I want my hair to be at my shoulders like yesterday so I can BUN ALREADY!!! I am already bored with this TWA styling...hahaha. You know, now that I'm writing this, I'm thinking braids might be a good idea for a while.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 23rd February 2011, 3:41 pm

I'm hoping that's it. If you try to watch paint dry of course it'll take a long time. I do have some hair in the front that is now doing this weird Alfalfa thing. I but a barret on it and pulled it up. It looks kinda cute... Are you wanting to bun to protective style or to have another quick go to style? I don't really bun. I have a big head, lol.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 23rd February 2011, 8:57 pm

Here is a pic of my bantu knots and knot out. I am still using my castor oil. I followed naptural 85's tutorial. Me likey a lot! There results are here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Thinice on 23rd February 2011, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : couldnt see pics)
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 23rd February 2011, 9:42 pm

Thinice, you did that! It looks wonderful and so full! I'm gonna jack this style for the weekend. Thanks!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 23rd February 2011, 10:19 pm

Hey Ladies......Geesh!!! I step away for a day and I miss everything....LOL mascara on stretch marks and swimming and bantu knots!!! LOL ok, so
I'll share my news then......
I HAD AN INTERVIEW TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot! And it went very well, she wants me to come back tomorrow for a 2nd interview and do documentation samples. Not sure how much it pays and I'd have to go to people's houses but I may have to suck it up until something better comes along. She was really impressed with my resume (by her own words) so we'll see. I'll keep you all posted.

So as far as my hair goes. Y'all i tried to cowash today after my wonderful 3+ mile jog/walk at the park. Can I tell you how much oil was caked on my scalp!!!!!????? OMG!!! Like when i would scratch there was tons of that white cakey stuff under my nails!! Don't front!!!! You ALL know what i'm talking about!! lol.....So I was like, um.....I don't think conditioner is gonna get this!!!! LOL So i used some poo (all was Giovanni's). but i didn't have time to do a thorough job cuz just b4 i stepped in the shower my daughter's preK called and said she just threw up. (not to mention she threw up AGAIN in the car all behind my seat on the way to the interview - my hubby met me there)

Anyway, I'll probably redo the hairwash tomorrow. I think the cake-up was due to the castor oil AND the wild growth hair oil i tested out the other day. just too much on my scalp at one time. And boy does that stuff smell strong. lol

Anyway...guess that's enuff for now!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 24th February 2011, 11:14 am

Hey MissKris....Congrats on the interview !!!!!!!praying for you that everything works out and you do land a job. I know thing will get better (it always does). Just hang in there. I hope your daughter is feeling better, it always breaks my heart when i hear kids are not well.

O.k Back to hair Very Happy, i guess all that "Cakey stuff" is def all that oil you have in. Castor plus WHGO...that is quite a bit, but nothing a good wash cannot get out .

@ Thinice....Me Likey, your curls are popping, and i like how thick it looks.
Maybe this style will help your breaking and shedding.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 24th February 2011, 11:31 am

Thinice, very nice knot outs!!!! I cna't wait.............Good luck and well wishes MissKris, hope you get that job!!. And kids being sick is really depressing. They just seem so lifeless......

Tiff, swimming is fantastic exercise. Have fun!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 24th February 2011, 2:31 pm

So, today I semi blew out my hair. Nothing special, just thought about it and did it. It came out ok. I cowashed, applied the kimmy leave in and then blew it out. After I took a few pics, i added my Qhemet burdock root cream and twisted. Not sure how it will look, but I'm trying something.......almost at 7 months yall!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url][/url]
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th February 2011, 3:07 pm

Hi, ladies!!! Okay, lets see...

@Tiff - Yes, I want to bun to have another go-to style and to use on those days when my hair is lookin' like Shocked .

@Thinice - Your bantu knot-out is awesome!!! I am def going to try that! Beautiful!!

@Misskris - Praying for you sister! I hope you get the job. Of course she was impressed...you're an impressive person Wink.

@MissyCee - I can def see some growth there!! And it looks healthy and shiny. Are you going to show is pics of your twists or twist-out?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th February 2011, 3:10 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention I read somewhere that the "cakey stuff" on your scalp is sebum that needs to be lifted and washed away by vigorously scrubbing and agitating your scalp for several minutes with your fingertips not your nails.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 29  Next