CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 23 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by Butterfly125 10th March 2011, 5:24 pm

@MissyCee - Thanks for the info. I'm excited to do something different.

@Tiff - Congrats on the new place! And I am also happy about spring break, which isn't until April 18th for us. My best friend and I are going to spend four days shopping and drinking wine in Napa Valley and San Francisco bounce.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 10th March 2011, 5:31 pm

@ MissyCee
Lol, no. I will spend the majority of my Sprink Break working overtime. however I do plan to pack a room a day so that when moving day comes on the 30th it will be easy for the movers to get my stuff outta my old place and in the new. I will try not to break anything but I am kinda clumsy. Embarassed

@ Ladybird
Thank you! I hope your breakage stops. I'm awaiting the results of your solution also.

@ MissKris
I can't wait to start saving money!! I am hoping I can get to $900 by the end of the year. You look so different with short straight hair!! Lol. You always look beat though! Thanx for answering that for me though. I figured it would be a few years.

@ Carla
Thanx for letting me know. The only reason I am considering growing it out is because I just want to know how long my hair can get. I can't only imagine how long it would take my if my hair were much long than this...

@ Butterfly
Thanx! Lol, your Spring Break sounds much more fun than mine will be. drunken Y'all enjoy!!

Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 10th March 2011, 6:25 pm

Tiff......I always look beat??????? I sure hope not!!!! LOL I'm hoping you meant "neat" or "great"!!! LOL
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 10th March 2011, 8:03 pm

misskris wrote:Tiff......I always look beat??????? I sure hope not!!!! LOL I'm hoping you meant "neat" or "great"!!! LOL

LMBO! OMG NO! I meant beat in a good way as in fierce or fly! Not beat as in tired! LOL!! Razz lol! Man I am killing myself laughing.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 10th March 2011, 9:58 pm

HAHAHAHA!!! LMAO...That's a new one on me... lol! Oh lawd...lol. I'm glad I heard it here first. That is too funny!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 11th March 2011, 12:54 am

Butterfly125 wrote:HAHAHAHA!!! LMAO...That's a new one on me... lol! Oh lawd...lol. I'm glad I heard it here first. That is too funny!

Ha ha! That's new to me too! Razz
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 11th March 2011, 1:09 am

CarlaAR wrote:
Butterfly125 wrote:HAHAHAHA!!! LMAO...That's a new one on me... lol! Oh lawd...lol. I'm glad I heard it here first. That is too funny!

Ha ha! That's new to me too! Razz

Yeah, I am not hip to that one LOL.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 12th March 2011, 1:49 pm

Hi Ladies,
It's been forever since I posted and I thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers, encouraging words and whatever else was sent this way whether we crossed paths or not.

I was absent as Tiff indicated due to personal reasons and still working through it. I know she didn't want to put specifically what was going on and I thank her for respecting the privacy of the matter , but I will say my brother did pass away. It was very hard for me to deal with the grief and loss in itself and I was hurting to the point my spirit was broken. Have you ever felt that kind of pain and loss before? If not its not a good place to be where you are inconsolable and the you are not letting even God comfort you which you should be doing. That's the point I got to and literally was broken down to my knees begging for his help. I want to say God is restoring me and replacing the Grief and Loss with Comfort and Peace and has shown me a lot during these last few weeks. I again thank you all for thoughts and wanted to come back before the challenge ended to officially let you know what happened-why my absence occurred.
Stay blessed everyone and work those tresses!

Yacoomba :-)

Last edited by yacoomba on 12th March 2011, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 12th March 2011, 2:34 pm

You're welcome. I figured I would leave the divulging of the details of your absence to you. I'm so happy to see you post again. Even happier to know you are feeling better. Keep praying. Remember that when life pushes us to our knees, we are being put into the perfect position for prayer.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 13th March 2011, 12:53 am

Welcome back Yacoomba. So sorry to hear about your loss. I agree with Tiff, it's great to see you back and healthy. You now have no where to go but forward and upward. Keeping the prayers in action for you.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 13th March 2011, 1:29 am

Yacoomba, I offer you my most heartfelt condolences to you and your family, and I continue to pray with you. I am so glad to hear that you are healing. Thanks for posting. You were missed among our little group I love you.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th March 2011, 11:36 am

Hey Tiff!! LOL oh ok.Thanks! But I have never heard the word 'beat' used that way as a compliment!!! LOL Is that Alabama slang?? lol lol!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 13th March 2011, 3:28 pm

Good morning, girls! Okay, I think I found my spring/summer hair oil. It's argan oil. Yesterday I bought one 'n only argan oil and I also bought Eco Styler argan oil gel. The oil is light and smells kind of perfumy (that's not a word, huh?). It makes my hair shiny and I think it helps with frizz because it started defining my curls before I put the gel on. We shall see.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 13th March 2011, 4:01 pm

@ MissKris
LOL @ Alabama slang! I'm starting to think so since none of you guys have heard that before.

@ Butterfly
Lol, I think it is a word. How did you decide on Argan oil? I really need to read more up on it. When do you plan to start using it? Sounds like you're already having good results! Yay!!

Quick hair update. I prepooed with coconut and olive oil overnight, cowashed with Garnier Triple Nutrition (I love you this stuff), and then deep conditioned with Silk Elements Olive Oil Conditioner (1st time trying this. I got the $0.99 pcks Very Happy) mixed with a little Aphoghee 2 Minute Keratin Treatment, 1/2 tsp honey, 1/2 tsp EVOO, and 1 tsp coconut oil. I didn't use any direct heat to dc. I just warmed the mix up in the microwave for a little bit (prolly 15-20 secs) then applied it to my hair for about 30 minutes. I plan to go through with my regular routine for everything else. I will apply my Castor Oil to my scalp, spray in my leave in (Aphogee Pro-Vitamin), and style as usual using AVG and Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie. My hair feels wonderful! I really took some time to examine my hair today. I just really can't believe the amount of damage that I did to it. Sad There's like 3 different textures going on. Heat damaged, heat damage to death, and new & healthy. Guess what I have the least of. Rolling Eyes After I move I am definitely going to go ahead and start putting my hair in protective styles. I am thinking a wig or sew in will do me. I also think its time for a trim. One of my shed hairs had split ends. Haven't found anymore but I haven't had a trim since October. So its been about 6 months. I'm guess I am due. I'll need to take off like a half inch. Idk how this will work out though since I don't want any more heat applied to my hair for a looooong time and Idk how to do it myself. Neutral Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 13th March 2011, 4:37 pm

Butterfly125 wrote:Yacoomba, I offer you my most heartfelt condolences to you and your family, and I continue to pray with you. I am so glad to hear that you are healing. Thanks for posting. You were missed among our little group I love you.

Thanks Butterfly for saying exactly what I wanted to say. Also want to add that time heals all things and hang in there it will get better.

Hey Butterfly...I have been doing alot of research on Argan Oil and it it a very good Oil. Been trying to get my hands on some but it is way to expensive....how much did it cost you?

It is like the best Hair Oil EVER .... but it has to be pure and then you see fantastic results.

So i finally got around to dealing with my hair after 4 weeks. My game plan for the next 3-4 weeks is to treat my hair with Garlic and Rosemary Oils to combat the shedding an braking. I actually just put my rosemary to infused ...takes about 3-4wks to set and my Garlic Oil...Ewwww Stinky, but who cares if it works.

So we'll see.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th March 2011, 5:44 pm

Hey Tiff. Yeah, I think that 'beat' is just there!!! LOL It's cool though. I appreciate the compliment!!! You had me cracking up at "Heat damaged, heat damage to death, and new & healthy. Guess what I have the least of." LOL Don't worry, it'll all get to where you want it to be soon enough. I think PS will surely help.

@ Butterfly, I heard that argan oil is the bomb, and that the pure kind is really expensive. Even that Morrocan Oil is pricey. I wanna try it too some day but it won't be any time soon. Keep us posted on that. How much was yours?
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 13th March 2011, 6:24 pm

Hey everybody I had been reading a lot about Argan oil lately also, and it is said that it is absorbed into the hair and that's why I decided to try it. I read a raving review about one 'n only's Argan oil, which is Moroccan, but it's not pure Argan oil. They call it an oil treatment. It was 9.99 at Sally's.

Misskris, love the new avi!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th March 2011, 6:51 pm

Thanks Butterfly. Yeah, I have seen those too that have the argan oil in it. Is it one of the top ingredients???
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 13th March 2011, 11:26 pm

Misskris, it is actually the 5th (and last except for fragrance and color) ingredient, and if you know your hair doesn't like cones, you won't be wanting to buy this. So far, so good for me, but I've only used it for one day.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 14th March 2011, 1:02 pm

Oh ok. Thanks for the info.

So I think I forgot to mention that I snipped my ends this weekend. (I know I said it on another thread, or I think I did). Not much though, only about 1/4 inch and when I was done it was really just a little bit of hair. I know I didn't get all the ends but that's ok. But that's why it was not a lot of hair. I am dying to flat iron my hair but I will wait. LOL But whenever I do I may just go ahead and trim again so I know it'll me more even.

I did wash my hair Saturday. i used Giovanni's tea tree shampoo and then condition and detangled with their Smooth as Silk conditioner. Then I actually used the Wild Growth Hair oil on my scalp, mositurized with Cantu Shea Leav in and then sealed with jojoba. But today I re-oiled with the castor oil. Retwisted this morning after my workout and shower. STILL haven't hennad but oh well. I guess it's just not that important to me right now.

On another note, I am waiting to hear back from this job I interviewed for on Friday. The interview went well so I am praying all goes well. Seems like a really god company to work for. I'll keep y'all posted. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 15th March 2011, 3:45 pm

I hope you get the job, Misskris!!

I did some research on the cones in the Argan oil treatment and found that these particular silicones are used primarily for shine and manageability of the hair and pose no threat of buildup so now I feel okay about using this product. Maybe one day I'll actually buy some of the 100 % pure Argan oil.

Does anyone else have a problem with Shea Moisture's leave-in? I used it with the Argan oil and the Eco Styler gel with Argan oil and my hair dried with white flakes in it. I don't think it's the gel because I had been using Eco Styler with olive oil before, and I don't think it's the Argan oil because the color of that oil is kind of red.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 15th March 2011, 3:59 pm

Hey Butterfly....Sorry cannot help with Shea moisture..never used it, but one of my favorite gel is Eco-Styler with Olive oil and i never get white flakes.

Eco-Styer is such a great gel but it does not hold my twist for very long.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 15th March 2011, 4:04 pm

Ladybird wrote:Hey Butterfly....Sorry cannot help with Shea moisture..never used it, but one of my favorite gel is Eco-Styler with Olive oil and i never get white flakes.

Eco-Styer is such a great gel but it does not hold my twist for very long.

Really?!! Do you use the #10 hold? That's the one I use (it's the only one the Sally's by me carries) and I get a really strong hold. I love the olive oil one too, but I'm really liking the fragrance of the argan oil one. I think its the Shea Moisture because I've never had flakes before this.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 15th March 2011, 4:07 pm

Yeah i use the #10 and i get very little hold. I think it is all the henna that i do, it loosen up my curls alot so nothing is really holding it.

But i would love to try the Argan Eco-styler. Been meaning to try the Shea -Moisture line as well.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 15th March 2011, 4:14 pm

Oh, yeah, you might be right. I like the Shea Moisture line, but I guess I'll do a little experiment tonight when I co-wash and NOT use the Shea Moisture and see if I still get flakes.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next