CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 10 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 8th February 2011, 3:53 pm

I have had short relaxed hair. I got my hair cut up to my earlobe once. Idk why I can't find any pics of it though... My hair had grown out some in the pic but it was still short compared to where my hair usually was. I need to get back down to that size, lol...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 8th February 2011, 4:02 pm

Yeah, that's pretty short. I kept my hair cut like long bangs and then shaved over the ears and in the back. The longest part of my hair was my bangs and then the longest part was probably the top at about 2 inches. So really that's the only thing about this is that I kind of feel "naked" without my bangs.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 8th February 2011, 4:28 pm

YES!! I have had a side bang my entire life, lol! I know what you mean about the naked feeling. Do you have a plan as to how long you want your hair to grow? I would love to get to bra strap length. Anymore than that will likely be too much for me.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 8th February 2011, 4:34 pm

Girl, I have had my hair so short for so long, that armpit length would be really great...ummm, I want another name for that. I think that would be a fun length for me, though. I could do all kinds of stuff with that. I better oil my scalp tonight...lol!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 8th February 2011, 9:54 pm

LOL! I know that's real. I am going to oil again tomorrow or Thursday. I have had to make adjustments to my routine so I am not trying to cram to much into a day. You are right though. My hair is ALMOST APL and its pretty versatile. Lol, another name would be good but I am not sure what other body parts are in that area, lol. I need to squeeze in an intensive scalp massage. They're so relaxing... I am debating on protective stying again. My hair seems to be doing just fine without it. Not sure if its b/c I am making a conscious effort to be gentle and protect at all costs or what. I did realize that I don't know how to take care of my hair if I get braids though. That could possibly end up being counter productive...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 8th February 2011, 10:01 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:@ Thinice
Don't get discouraged. I suffered some breakage but still managed to maintain some growth. Stick with it. Your hair in your avi is too fly btw!

@Butterfly125
You look absolutely lovely!! I know you feel lighter now that you've gotten that relaxed ends monkey off your back!! You did a great job on your coils. Have you practiced that before? I am really glad you have no regrets.

@MissKris
You're on a roll with your working out! Get it!! I am struggling. Extremely tired from work and school. Still losing weight though lol. I barely have time to eat!

@Krissyc39
Sorry. Sad The regular stuff seems to work just as well if that makes you feel any better.

@MissyCee
YAY FOR GROWTH!! I know exactly what you mean when talking about flyaway hair. My hair flies even now. I feel you on the thickening. I am happy about it though. My hair is fine. More strands greatly appreciated.

I did finally measure. Not as much growth this month but some is better than none. I stretched instead of flat ironing again b/c that just would have taken too long and I am noticing a little breakage. Anywho...

Last check
Front: 9 1/8 in
Behind Ear: 8 3/4 in
Back: 7 in
Temple Area: 6 3/4 in

Now
Front: 9 3/4 in
Behind Ear: 9 7/8 in
Back: 7 3/4 in
Temple Area: 8 in

Net gain:
Front: 3/4 in
Behind Ear: 1 1/8 in
Back: 3/4 in
Temple Area: 1 1/4 in

I washed using the Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar Sunday. I am really glad I was turned on to these bars. I was concerned about the strong scent of this one but it faded. No dryness so that was wonderful. I decided to switch up my products a little. I still used my Aphogee spray leave in and coconut oil to seal but I used my IC Fantasia Gel (which previously failed miserably to slick my hair back) and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie to twist. Y'all my twist came out the most soft and defined they ever have.

I am upset about the fact that I have several grays poking through. I believe I am stressed and my hormones are stupid outta balance. Haven't been able to eat much and I am having a little trouble focusing. I have been having a freaking cycle every other week since right before school started. Its so heavy it keeps me up at night (worrying and try to avoid "accidents") My grades are not suffering though. I am .4 away from an A in Pyschology after 2 exams. I had one exam last night and a paper due today in my Comp course. As far as I know, I have an A in there. I also have 2 exams on Wednesday; one in Sociology and the other in Biology. Quiz Thursday in Biology lab. Comp Lab assignment on Tuesday and I need to squeeze in 3 journal entries somewhere. Y'all have any suggestions on stuff I can write about? I feel like I am forgetting something... I am breaking from studying now to post, lol. I just try to keep in mind it won't be like this forever. Forgive me if any part of this is incoherent or I forgot anything. Its 1:20 a.m. and I have not had a good night's sleep in about a week. Lol, no worries though. Spring Break will be here in March.

BEAUtiful curls Tiff!!!! Is that just 2-strand twists or like rods??? They look so coily!!! Very nice!! woot!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 8th February 2011, 11:55 pm

Thanx! I did 2 strand twists and put red, yellow, or blue rods on the very, very ends (like the last half inch). I think my technique is getting better, they look much more uniform than they did when I first started. Lol, I have been thinking about rodding my hair just to switch it up some, though... Have you ever rodded your hair? Do your arms ever get tired when you are doing your hair?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 9th February 2011, 1:35 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Thanx! I did 2 strand twists and put red, yellow, or blue rods on the very, very ends (like the last half inch). I think my technique is getting better, they look much more uniform than they did when I first started. Lol, I have been thinking about rodding my hair just to switch it up some, though... Have you ever rodded your hair? Do your arms ever get tired when you are doing your hair?

Let me chime in here since all I've done for the last several months is rodding...my arms used to feel like they were gonna fall off! I mean I could braid for hours...no, days, and my arms wouldn't get nearly as tired as they did with rodding Shocked I mean, I don't want to discourage you, girl, but that's real talk. But the good thing is, I discovered that the less rods I put in, the fuller the look. Remember I said that? That was the last rod set I did before my BC. And everybody's different. People used to ask me all the time if my arms got tired from braiding my own hair and they never did. Go for it!!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 10th February 2011, 12:35 am

Congrats to y'all! Everybody had good measurements and good things going on, y'all inspire me. I scheduled a trim for tomorrow. My hair is beat! I think the transition from pregnancy to post partum took a beating on my hair. I will report back later.

I hope the rest of your week goes as well as the beginning.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 10th February 2011, 11:57 am

Hey everyone, hope all is well.

Well it seems everyone is still hanging in there with this challenge and what i have notice with this challenge as well as all the others ...is that "TIME" is the deciding factor. What i mean by that, is that no matter what we do to our hair, it still takes time to see the results.

So don't give up and the results will come.

O.K back to my regime. My hair have been feeling a bit dry lately., not sure why, but will investigate this weekend.

Been oiling with Castor, Black Tea, Jojoba and a little Peppermint every 2 days. My hair is in braid right now and i just oil as i go.

Speak to you all soon

Very Happy
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 10th February 2011, 3:17 pm

Good to know that Butterfly125. I was just thinking about doing a braid out or rod set to switch it up a little... Lol, how long my arnms will last is something to add into the equation.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 10th February 2011, 4:39 pm

Ok, I bought something..... Qhemet Burdock Root Buttercream. LOVE IT!!! Not heavy like the AOHC, my hair is not as weighted down. I think I'm on to something ladies!!!! cheers
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 10th February 2011, 4:39 pm

You should do it, Tiff. I bet it'll be really cute! I just oiled my scalp. I am really enjoying these finger coils. I just put the CO on my finger times and rub it on my scalp in between the coils...soooo easy. Also, I tried this thing I saw on YT to refresh my coils in the morning and I couldn't believed it worked cheers. Ok, so it's kind of smooshed when I get up and some of of the coils are pointing the wrong way...I just rub jojoba oil between my palms and kind of "pat" it all over my hair then spray my head with water, drench it, then shake and air dry. Works like a charm. You know, all those years spent running away from water...I was skeptical...lol.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 10th February 2011, 4:41 pm

MissyCee, that's great!! OMG you guys, have you seen that new product As I Am? I want to buy something from them soooooo bad! bounce And MissyCee, you are NOT helping...hahahaha!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 10th February 2011, 4:42 pm

Hey Miss Cee , did u buy the Qhemet Burdock Root Buttercream online . I am hearing great things about this and wants to give a try.

Also, how did u use it?

Thanks
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 10th February 2011, 4:43 pm

Oh and my first class is over. Papers done!!!! YEAH!!!!! I start the next one on Thursday of next week. Paper due the first day - GEEEEEZ!!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 10th February 2011, 4:45 pm

Nope. luckily I found a store that carries, those products, miss jessie, deva curls, and other products. I said let me try this one. I already had a sample of the AOHC and wasn't too impressed. Probably cause my hair is so thin it just weighed it down.

I saw on one of those threads that I need to separate my hair and rub the cream up each section as I part. I did that last night and it was so smooth and soft this morning.!!! Now to try it with twists. Suspect
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 10th February 2011, 4:49 pm

Thanks girl!!!!

will give it try if i can find it in brick and mortar
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 10th February 2011, 4:51 pm

Butterfly, I feel better cause I told that I bought something. Why don't you??? SMILE!!!!!!!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 10th February 2011, 5:13 pm

Yeah, you're real cute, MissyCee...lol. I am going on that website right now and I'll come back and "confess" if I buy something.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 10th February 2011, 5:32 pm

DON'T DO IT BUTTERFLY!!!!!!!

BE STRONG...just look and walk away.

Laughing
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 10th February 2011, 5:40 pm

Oooooh, ladybird, I am really trying, but...hehehehe...things aren't looking too good lol!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 10th February 2011, 6:11 pm

I know right...who am i kidding Very Happy

Just yesterday i went out an bought $25.00 worth of my Indian Powders and i got mad when my BF made a comment bout how much i bought.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 10th February 2011, 6:38 pm

Okaaay...lol! That's dangerous ground there! I didn't buy anything, but I have to take my son to Target after school...maybe I can scratch my itch there, inexpensively.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 10th February 2011, 8:44 pm

Y'all are too funny. I am itching to get paid so I can buy something too. That Qhemet Burdock Root Buttercream has gotten sooooooo many rave reviews. Is it a moisturizer or a sealant? Do you have fine strands too, MissyCee? I really want to get some but I am always so paranoid about ordering online. I'm glad you got thru that 1st class. this one will be over before you know it! Going to Target and my local HFS don't help. I usually end up spending $60. Embarassed Butterfly, do you feel being all natural is easier? Somedays I wanna go in the bathroom and just cut off all my heat damaged hair. Lol, I only get as far as seeing the scissors. **sigh**
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next