CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Weight Loss Challenge!

+40
Nikcoils
jenni-t
tresmom08
missmoriah
MissFierce21
songbird
kekesmom29
blkbeauty2010
SoFlyy
mslys09
Kittabug
Jazzygurll
blackice82
JaysCheekyBaby
poeticlyspkng
Cupcake415
Danybyrd
EmbracingNaturalMe
BlacknGolden
LoveZaporiah
sweetdrk1
ladydayvintage
v3tt3
BlessedTresses
Sebastain13
HAMPTONSFNST
Butterfly125
misskris
Curlock Holmes
JessiWantsCurls
Tmochava
LaToya28
courtrhapsody
BriaBeauty
FloridaSunshiny
LuvMeLuvMyFro
TwistedKurlzz
summerbreeze76
milwaukeechick
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
44 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

2011 Weight Loss Challenge! - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 Weight Loss Challenge!

Post by BlacknGolden 3rd January 2011, 12:16 am

I would like to lose 15-20 lbs myself. I gained so much after I stopped dancing regularly. I start back dance practice this tuesday. I am also considering joining weight watchers. I need a healthy food regimen as well. A TASTY but healthy food regimen.
BlacknGolden
BlacknGolden

http://Fotki.com/BlacknGolden

Back to top Go down

Post by BlacknGolden 3rd January 2011, 12:21 am

Height- 5'1''
Current Weight- 152.3
Goal Weight- 135
I am currently a size 10

I meant to put that in earlier. So how is this gonna work. Do we check in every week?
BlacknGolden
BlacknGolden

http://Fotki.com/BlacknGolden

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 3rd January 2011, 12:50 am

Butterfly125 wrote:Hi, Summerbreeze! Kudos to you for your commitment and willingness to put it all out there! I am also a WW member. I reached lifetime and stopped going to meetings a few months ago because my life just got hectic, but I recruited a friend a work who used to do WW, and her and I will be going to meeings together starting this coming Saturday. Wishing you success!

Thank You Lady!! Goodluck to you too!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by v3tt3 3rd January 2011, 11:39 am

YeS hon, u wrote your stats just right. We all decided to write our starting weight, then we will weigh ourselves Sunday the 9th and post our new results. We will continue to have weigh ins each Sunday until your goal is met!
Good Luck!

BlacknGolden wrote:Height- 5'1''
Current Weight- 152.3
Goal Weight- 135
I am currently a size 10

I meant to put that in earlier. So how is this gonna work. Do we check in every week?
v3tt3
v3tt3

https://facebook.com/vette.hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 3rd January 2011, 12:32 pm

Butterfly125 wrote:@LaToya - I finally got to see this pic of you that everyone was commenting on...lol (for some reason, it wouldnt' show on my screen.) Anyway, I just had to tell you that you are so cute in that pic! You were rockin' it, girl...LOL!

Thanks Butterfly! I definitely felt cute. That was the day after DH and I got married so I was cheesing extra hard LOL

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd January 2011, 1:20 pm

LuvMeLuvMyFro wrote:@ misskris The video is my salsa graduation rueda. if you watch it I am the only "brownie" woman in the group.
Yeah I saw that!! That's what I figured, that that was you!! lol Nice job! Smile

summerbreeze76 wrote:I guess i need to fully committ if I am going to be a part of this group. Can i just say that i never tell anyone my weight, so this is bit difficult for me, but here goes.

Height- 5'5''
Current Weight- 221
Goal Weight- 145-155
I am currently a size 16

Im a Weight Watcher and have been going strong for the past two months after kinda falling off for some time. So i am motivated. I work out pretty consistently, I getting into running and i just feel more together than normal. So lets do this ladies!

One of my problems is that i carry my weight reallly well, so sometimes i dont really believe that I weigh as much as i do and people tell me that all the time. I really hate being in the 200's so my goal is to make it back to onederland. Ill take my measurement soon too & Ill find a pic to post for what i think i wanna look like.
Summerbreeze I totally feel you. I got outta the 200s before and was like Ok, I am NOT goona let myself get there again. But guess where I am? Back there again!!! I measured this morning too and will post my new #s. But keep up the great job Summer. We'll all be able to conquer this stupid bulge!!!! LOL And I love your "onederland"!!! LOL

woot!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd January 2011, 1:26 pm

Hey ladies. Ok. so I am on a ball. Since 1/1/11, i have exercised and tried eating better. So far so good. However I did eat some fries on the road back home yesterday from NC to GA. I didn't overdo it though.
I measured my widest part of my mid section and it and I guess my true waist.

Mid section: 43 3/4"
Waist: 41
weight: 206.0

I always feel like that's wrong when I measure because I can wear a size 12. and squeeze into a 10. LOL And I think women are supposed to be under 35" if I remember Dr. Oz correctly.

This morning I did Billy Blanks Cardio Boot Camp. WHEW!!! Good workout. I said I was gonna just start doing only 3-4 workouts a week but in 3 days I have worked out 3 times. So I may just keep doing that-5-6 workouts a week. That's what I was doing before anyway. I guess I feel like if I don't do as much as I can I am cheating myself.

Lets get it ladies!!! woot! run
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd January 2011, 2:38 pm

Hey All. Just happened to find this. May be very helpful for you.

http://fitbie.msn.com/lose-weight/tips/simple-ways-cut-500-calories/tip/1
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 3rd January 2011, 2:46 pm

I would like to join this challenge. I joined WW about 3 weeks before Christmas. I went for 1 week, then decided to take a break until after the holidays. Will be going back tonight. I will post my stats after I weigh-in tonight. I want to get to a size 12. I now wear a 16W. I need all the support I can get.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 3rd January 2011, 3:47 pm

Thanks for the info, Misskris.

@Embracing - Welcome! I am also a WW member. I LOVE their program and the new one is even better!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd January 2011, 4:11 pm

Welcome EmbracingNaturalMe!!! The more the merrier!!!! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 3rd January 2011, 6:00 pm

I bought gym shoes!!!

Ok, so my dog ate off part of my workout shoes a few months ago (yes, I said a few months ago ... maybe September-ish ... lol). So, anyhow, whenever I had the urge to go workout, I remembered that I had no gym shoes. Wellll ... I finally bought some!!! Yay!

I did the MS 150 (a bike ride from Houston to Austin) a couple of times and I haven't been on my bike since the last time I did it in 2009. Sad ... I know.
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Danybyrd 3rd January 2011, 6:23 pm

I'm so in ,ladies! I need to lose 20 lbs.
My plan is to 1) a brisk walk 35 min. 5 day a wk. 2) Make healthy food choices. 3)Cut back my sweets/sugar intake.
I would like to be at by ideal weight of 150-155 by July 10 (my d-day). So that means I have to lose 3 lbs a month.

Good luck everyone!
Danybyrd
Danybyrd

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 3rd January 2011, 6:36 pm

@Jessiwantscurls - YAY!! woot!

@Danybyrd - Welcome!! Very realistic goal...and good luck to you also. We are gonna do this!!

Okay, so I've been drinking all my water, taking my multivitamin, eating a lot more fruits and veggies, AND I've figured out a way to get my workout in at least 5 days a week! I found some exercises in the new WW magazine and on the website (cardio, strength training, and toning) that I can do right in my office at my lunch time dance. It's about that time so here it goes!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 3rd January 2011, 8:34 pm

Alrighty. Today is my first day in the gym. (I'm on the elliptical right now Smile ) I've been trying to monitor my food intake as much as possible and I'm finding is I'm not eating as often as I should, and when I do I binge, so another goal I'm forming is eating 5 small meals instead of 2 large ones. My other goal is to drink a gallon of water a day. I did this last year and the pounds melted away.

Here's my info:
Height: 5'8"
Start Weight: 180lbs
Current Weight: ---
Goal Weight: 150lbs by May 2011
Current Jean Size: 13/14. :/
Goal Jean Size: 9/10

I'm trying to lose so much weight I have to buy a new wardrobe!

Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd January 2011, 8:59 pm

Hey Mandi. Yeah make sure you EAT!!! Skipping meals is a big no-no. But you know that now. A lot of people think they'll lose weight by not eating, sounds logical, but it will actually cause muscle deterioration. Because your body will begin to use the muscle as fuel instead of the fat.
And also, fat burns fat. Make sure you get some GOOD fats in called MUFAs like dark chocolate, avocados, nuts and nut butters, oils like evoo and olives. This does work. They help melt belly fat!!! YAY!!!

I totally hear you too about needing a new wardrobe. What sucks for me is I HAVE pretty much a new wardrobe already in my closet!!! LOL I got lazy and gained some weight back but I do know what works (at least for me).

So good luck to ya!!! Gotta love that elliptical!!!! woot!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 4th January 2011, 3:25 am

Butterfly125 wrote:I'm in, girlies! I want to lose 15 pounds. This is just what I need. So starting tomorrow, and checking in on the 9th and every Sunday after that? Is that right?

Yep! Welcome!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 4th January 2011, 1:53 pm

I AM IN!

Especially since I have a desk job!

Height: 5'5 1/2
Weight: 155
Pants size: 10

Goal Weight: 130
Goal size: 6

I will work out 3-4 times a week (I go to bible study 2 days a week)!

Starting today I will record my:
-Eating
-Work out routines
-And weight

Let's do this ladies woot!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 4th January 2011, 2:15 pm

Height: 5'5.5"
Start Weight:173.8
Current Weight: 173.8
Goal Weight: 150lbs by April 14, 2011
Current Jean Size: 11
Goal Jean Size: 9

I need to get my butt on the scale and stop being a piunk but I will get on it our first check in date. I think I'm so scared to get on the scale because I started at 202lbs and got down to 157lbs. I think I gained about 20 of it back but too scared to see exactly how much. I just want to work off whatever I have gained and just watch the weight go down.

I do leg squats every other day and cardio work on the treadmill 3x a week.

Last edited by Tmochava on 6th January 2011, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Finally got on the scale, not as bad as I thought)
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 4th January 2011, 3:31 pm

Hey Ladies (Tmochava and Cupcake) YAY!! Welcome to the club!!

Tmochava, girl don't be scared. I know you know you have to get on that scale but don't wait til Sunday. You should get on it TOMORROW morning right after you get up. That way you can start on things asap!!! Or at least plan out what you think you need to do as far as food and workout plans. Looks like you're already off to a great start though!!! That's awesome that you lost 45lbs before!!! I had lost about 40 before but like you I gained some back and now need to RElose it!!!! UGH!!! Evil or Very Mad But we will be able to do it!!! And don't be embarrased to post your current weight. We're all in this together.

run
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 4th January 2011, 3:36 pm

Oh ladies, also I forgot to mention that I tried something new today as far as workouts go. I have comcast cable and they have on-demand. Well I JUST realized the other day that they have Exercise TV on there!!!!! So I tried some Bollywood workout and it was great. i also did a Walking workout with Leslie Sansone. So did 2 workouts today!! YAY ME!!! LOL So just in case any of you have Comcast (or perhaps some other cable/satellite) and they have exercise TV, check it out. there's a lot to choose from. And my favorite, Jillian Michaels, is on there too!!! Billy Blanks, Jr, Jackie Warner. yoga, walking, dance, latin, kickboxing....ok, sorry I'm runnin my mouth!!! LOL Just wanted y'all to know!!

Oh, and my arms are SOO sore from doing Billy Blanks Cardio Bootcamp yesterday!!! Legs ar a little too.

dance
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 4th January 2011, 4:07 pm

misskris wrote:Oh ladies, also I forgot to mention that I tried something new today as far as workouts go. I have comcast cable and they have on-demand. Well I JUST realized the other day that they have Exercise TV on there!!!!! So I tried some Bollywood workout and it was great. i also did a Walking workout with Leslie Sansone. So did 2 workouts today!! YAY ME!!! LOL So just in case any of you have Comcast (or perhaps some other cable/satellite) and they have exercise TV, check it out. there's a lot to choose from. And my favorite, Jillian Michaels, is on there too!!! Billy Blanks, Jr, Jackie Warner. yoga, walking, dance, latin, kickboxing....ok, sorry I'm runnin my mouth!!! LOL Just wanted y'all to know!!

Oh, and my arms are SOO sore from doing Billy Blanks Cardio Bootcamp yesterday!!! Legs ar a little too.

dance

I use my On demand exercise Station if I don't go to the Gym!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 4th January 2011, 4:09 pm

I like it. It gives me way more optiosn now. And I have plenty of DVDs to choose from but I like to change things up a lot!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 4th January 2011, 4:13 pm

Yeah, Misskris, we have the same on our cable tv. I have some Billy Blanks Bootcamp DVDs...he kicks your booty!! I have the one for kids, too, and my youngest really likes it! I also have some Jillian Michaels'...I don't know who makes me cry fastest...LOL! I have always wanted to try that Bollywood and zumba.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 4th January 2011, 4:22 pm

Zumba us the BOMB!!! I used to ake classes before we moved but now I can't seem to find any for a reasonable price.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next