CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Weight Loss Challenge!

+40
Nikcoils
jenni-t
tresmom08
missmoriah
MissFierce21
songbird
kekesmom29
blkbeauty2010
SoFlyy
mslys09
Kittabug
Jazzygurll
blackice82
JaysCheekyBaby
poeticlyspkng
Cupcake415
Danybyrd
EmbracingNaturalMe
BlacknGolden
LoveZaporiah
sweetdrk1
ladydayvintage
v3tt3
BlessedTresses
Sebastain13
HAMPTONSFNST
Butterfly125
misskris
Curlock Holmes
JessiWantsCurls
Tmochava
LaToya28
courtrhapsody
BriaBeauty
FloridaSunshiny
LuvMeLuvMyFro
TwistedKurlzz
summerbreeze76
milwaukeechick
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
44 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

2011 Weight Loss Challenge! - Page 11 Empty Re: 2011 Weight Loss Challenge!

Post by summerbreeze76 16th January 2011, 10:50 pm

Great job everyone.

This week i am down 4.4 lbs. YAY I could have kissed that lady at Weight Watchers when she told me that. My only concern is that everytime i have a big loss like that, i gain the next week. The weird thing is i didnt work out not one day last week. Mainly b/c my hair was straight and then i just could not get in the groove. So I will start back tomorrow and I just hope to have a loss next week. I still need to take my measurements.

222.4 to 218 .

Miss Kris you are almost there, you'll get back to onederland next week. I know i cant wait. Right now my goal is to get to 209. That is where i was about 10 months ago when i was working my program and doing really well at it. Once i get there i will set my next goal, which will be to get out of the 200's.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 17th January 2011, 5:04 am

Congrats on the progress ladies, keep it up!

This week I didn't lose any weight, but my waist went from 34.5 inches to 33 inches!! I always lose inches before pounds.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 17th January 2011, 1:04 pm

@Courtrhapsody - It's really something how our bodies change. I've found that now my size is smaller than my pre-baby size, but my weight is heavier than before kids. I also ate some junk food yesterday and will be back on that Wii today to make up for it.

@Summerbreeze - YAY!!!! Down 4.4?! That's awesome! dance

@LaToya - Congrats on your smaller waist! That is some serious shrinkage in 1 one week! You must be working your butt off!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by mslys09 17th January 2011, 1:35 pm

Morning, Ladies!

Awesome progress, ladies! I just weighed in... I gained two pounds. I'm not beating myself up about it. I started strength training this week and I ate out this week so that might be the culprit. Usually when I see a gain I get discouraged. I'm happy to say that's not happening today! I'm going to workout after I get some work done.
mslys09
mslys09

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 17th January 2011, 4:49 pm

I think that I am doing pretty good. I lost 1.6 pounds from yesterday to today. I don't know how that happened, but I am happy with my results so far. I need to start measuring my waist, arms, and thighs also.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 17th January 2011, 10:31 pm

Hey Ladies. Ok so I took the measurements of my body parts. And Here they are. I only measured my waist the 1st time around though.

Waist (last week or week before I think) 43 3/4"
Waist today - 40 1/2" YAY!!
Hips - 44
Thighs - R: 27 1/2" L: 27 1/2"
Bust - 47ish
Arms - (I measured at the widest saggy part!! LOL)
R: 16 1/2", L: 16 1/2"
This morning I also weighed in at 199.6 after my workout!! i do weight myself everyday just so can keep myself in check.

So I went to the gym today and saw this pic posted of this woman who went or goes there. She started out at 184 lbs, 40 somthing, had a kid, 2 herniated discs.... So she started going to this gym and working with a trainer...... she lost 60 lbs and is now a body builder!!!! She looks amazing, not all overly muscular which I think is SOOOOO nasty on a woman!!! affraid But she looks great. I don't want to be a bodybuilder but I figure if a 40 something with 2 herniated discs can achieve her goal, so can we. I wish I had her pic so y'all can see. She placed 3rd in her 1st show and 1st in her second show. Not bad for a new bodybuilder!!! Just wanted to tell y'all that as a little motivator. Hope it helps!!!! dance
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 17th January 2011, 10:34 pm

Oh my bad.....@ Summer and LaToya....4.4 and 1 1/2"??? that's great.

Everyone just keep up the work. Although the scale may not be doing what you want it to be doing, your body is. I know we'd like to see results immediately but sometimes our bodies are doing work we can see right away. So just stick with it. You'll see the results soon enough as long as you stick with it. I promise!!! woot!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 12:18 pm

Hey again Ladies.....I'm sure you all know this (or perhaps you don't) but another tip....Make sure you are having regular BMs (bowel movements). This definitely helps with the scale. I say this because a lot of us (including myself) get annoyed when the scale doesn't budge. But perhaps it's because you haven't used the bathroom yet. You have to remember that until you do have a BM, all that food you ate since your last BM is still in your body, which still has weight to it. Make sure you're getting enough water and fiber.

Just thought I'd add that in case you hadn't thought about that!!

geek
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 18th January 2011, 2:20 pm

So I would like to join this challenge, more so for the accountibiity and the support. I have been walking/running 6 days a week for an hour since early this month.

Height: 5'3
Start Weight: 206.1
Current Weight: 206
Goal Weight: 165 by June 8, 2011 (my birthday)

I plan on changing my routine on the first of every month so my body wont get used to the same workout. January will be walking/running 1 hour 6 days a week. I alternate days b/c you use different muscle groups for walking and running

February 1, 2011 I'm debating between a personal trainer or Zumba for a month. I absolutely LOVE Zumba (and the price $50/month for unlimited Zumba, latin and belly dancing classes), but i need to incorporate some weights at some point as well as area specific moves (lunges, curls, push-ups) that I know I wont do on my own Neutral (shame on me!). I'm considering using my strap on arm and ankle weights for 3 days a week in Zumba but I guess Ill know better towards that end of the month what Im going to do.

Iv always been a healthy eater and my portions are close to the recommended sizes but for some reason my weight just spiraled last year (well because of my boyfriend, my granny always says you can tell when a woman is in love cuz she packs on pounds... makes me love him and hate him all at the same time!). Also looking into Weight Watchers (again) to help with the food part, well see
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 18th January 2011, 2:31 pm

Im so happy I read the previous posts from Miss Kriss

"Although the scale may not be doing what you want it to be doing, your body is. I know we'd like to see results immediately but sometimes our bodies are doing work we can see right away. So just stick with it. You'll see the results soon enough as long as you stick with it. I promise!!! woot!"

and the encouragement from the other ladies. Stepped on the scale and Im 3 lbs heavier than when i started 3 weeks ago. I probably need to get rid of the damn thing and measure myself because Im positive I lost inches in the thighs, some in the arms (I power walk with 3lb weights), and a wee bit in the belly area.

[b]Learning to count and celebrate your progress no matter how small is so important to staying motivated. [b] Gonna chop that 3 lbs up to water and muscle weight and keep it movin... literally. I'll check in Sunday with hips, legs, waist, and arm measurements.
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 18th January 2011, 4:48 pm

Hey ladies!!! Sorry I didn't update on Sunday but here it goes. As of Sunday I weighed 162. Down 8lbs, yay right. Not really. The OxyElite Pro is great except it makes it such a struggle to eat. I'm NEVER hungry. I didn't take it on Sunday and I wanted to eat the whole house! This concerns me because I want to lose the weight but I don't want to starve myself and when I stop taking it is seems like my appeitite comes back with a vengence. So for right now I am going to stop taking it. My product review? Great for losing weight fast for special occasions. Not so good for long term weight loss. Yay for everyone else's progress!! We're doing it ladies!!!
On a different subject : Did anyone catch the premiere of Heavy on AE last night? It's basically the adult version of MTV's I Used To Be Fat. They were losing 10-15lbs a week! I also realize that the people were morbidly obese but it still amazed me...
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 18th January 2011, 5:01 pm

Mandi, that's a great decision you've made. Permanent, safe weight loss requires a lifestyle change, which cannot be found in any pill. Like you said it sounds great for a quick fix like a special occasion, though. Yes, I saw Heavy last night. I love shows like that. I never miss Biggest Loser. I love to see the transformations of these people. I watched MTV's I Used To Be Fat also. I watch that one with my son who is 17 years old, 6' 2" and 325 lbs. so he can see other younger people losing weight. He's a big guy and not meant to be slim (he wears a 14.5 shoe), but he could stand to lose about 65 pounds.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 5:09 pm

@ Blkbeauty, glad you liked my post. Smile

@ Mandi. I missed it!! I wanted to watch it but forgot all about it. Really didn't even know when it came on but I set a reminder on my tv for saturday. I guess it's a repeat of the one last night.

YAY for the 8 lbs!! But, Yeah, PLEASE don't rely too heavily on pills to help you lose weight. Once you stop taking them later on down the road, you may gain all that weight back and then some. I don't know anything about the one you were using but I'm glad you decided to stop taking it. Especially since you were never hungry. We KNOW that's not good!!!! No And especially if it is a pill that's not natural. I take some green tea supplements (only green tea in it) and sometimes I use acai berry supplements but nothing that has the bad stuff in it. I also don't take these enough for them to do anything to my weight cuz ususally I forget to take em!! LOL

Keep it up ladies!!!! run
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 5:11 pm

Butterfly I never miss Biggest Loser either!!! I love that show. Have to start watching Heavy.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmom29 18th January 2011, 5:27 pm

Hey Ladies!! I would like to join you guys....
I'm 5'3"
170lb
would like to get down to about 145-150 lbs.

I am not motivated at all to do any workouts/exercise! i will do them for about 2-3 days then stop. But 2011 needs to be my year of change! Do you guys have any suggestions for exercises for:
toning arms
toning thighs
toning butt
toning abs

*havent read all posts yet bout to go back and read

TIA ladies!!
kekesmom29
kekesmom29

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 6:36 pm

OMG, Kekesmom.....Jillian Michaels and Jackie Warner have awesome DVDs in walmart for only $9 and $10. I have Jillian's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and 30 Day Shred. They both kick butt. BFBM is about 45-50 minutes long though whereas 30 Day had three different 20 minute workouts (levels 1,2 and 3) You may wanna start with that one since you are just starting out.
Jackie Warner's video is kick butt too. I have her Xtreme Timesaver Training and it's only 30 minutes but you SWEAT!!!! I did it this morning and it's a great GREAT wprkout!!! I also ordered another one of hers that I am waiting on. But if you have exercise tv ondemand you can try it before you buy it. That's what I did and that's how I learned I like it.

Also, if you have a gym or community center near you that offers classes like Zumba you may want to check that out. Zumba is SO much fun and hardly feels like a workout even though it's a great one.

Hope that helps. If nothing else you can always just walk or job outside for 30 minutes or so (weather permitting). GOOD LUCK and DON'T give up!!! We're all here to help you out!!!
run
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmom29 18th January 2011, 7:20 pm

misskris,
thanks for your response! I do have the 30 day shred dvd...I just dont use it as much as i should... Sad lol....I'm going to have to check out those others you listed. My main problem is MOTIVATION!!! But I'm definitely going to try to put forth more of an effort. B/c i'm tired of this "baby" fat and my baby is 3.... Very Happy
kekesmom29
kekesmom29

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 7:33 pm

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Girl I know exactly what you mean!!!! I had twins the first time around, then another, then another. But the twins did the most damage and caused that pouch that I hate!!! After my last baby who is almost a yr and a half, I lost a bunch of weight but then we moved and I got lazy and like you, unmotivated. So I KNOW how hard it is! I have struggled with weight pretty much forever!! I had also lost a bunch of weight and was the BOMB before I got pregnant with my last baby and I was MAD!!!!! lol I was like DANG!!!! I just lost ALL this weight and now I'm pregnant!!!! LOL But I'll get there soon enough. And so will you. Do you have a picture of yourself at a size that you liked?? That's one of my motivators. A pic of my after I lost a lot and before I got prego with the last one!!! Just find something that you can look at and see all the time, even if it's just a picture of a bikini you'd like to get in this summer or a nice pair of jeans. You can do it. We ALL will!!!

woot!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 18th January 2011, 8:50 pm

@ kekesmom29 I hate toning exercises but theres no way most of us can get the body we want without it. If you want to get a 2 for 1 deal like i do i run/walk/jog with arm and ankle weights 3-5lbs will not only help the fat melt but will tone arms and legs as you go along. I know i look crazy when im on the trail but every 1/4 mile i come up with a wacky arm movement to do (cross left/right like boxing, up/down like shoulder press, in/out like pushups, curls up amongst many other moves) all while walking which also drastically increases the heart rate mimmicing interval workouts to help shed fat faster.

Good ol squats will always lift and tone booty and thighs, you can even squat hold in position for 1-2 minutes and do arm movements while there 3 sets of 10 (once again 2 for 1 move). Lunges are also good lower body moves and with each lunge down you can lift your arms with 3lb weights overhead.

Most importantly although "spot training" is what we would like research suggests that there really isnt such a thing and cardio is the best way to loose fat all over. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont down play cardio because we need to burn the outer layers of fat so we can reveal the layers of muscles we are building underneath. Hope that helps and good luck on your journey.
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 18th January 2011, 9:09 pm

Blkbeauty2010, great, great tips!! Thank you!

Misskris, are you a motivational speaker?!!...lol. Because, you are always motivating us with your very positive attitude! And you always have good advice to share. Thank you!

I just wanted to add to what Blkbeauty was saying because I am also one who is not very motivated to exercise. Many evenings as I am watching tv at home, while the show is on I will lift weights and do lunges and squats, and while the commericals are on I will do jumping jacks and jog in place. I will do this for 20-30 minutes and then I know that I've at least done something that day.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 10:24 pm

blkbeauty2010 wrote:@ kekesmom29 I hate toning exercises but theres no way most of us can get the body we want without it. If you want to get a 2 for 1 deal like i do i run/walk/jog with arm and ankle weights 3-5lbs will not only help the fat melt but will tone arms and legs as you go along. I know i look crazy when im on the trail but every 1/4 mile i come up with a wacky arm movement to do (cross left/right like boxing, up/down like shoulder press, in/out like pushups, curls up amongst many other moves) all while walking which also drastically increases the heart rate mimmicing interval workouts to help shed fat faster.

Good ol squats will always lift and tone booty and thighs, you can even squat hold in position for 1-2 minutes and do arm movements while there 3 sets of 10 (once again 2 for 1 move). Lunges are also good lower body moves and with each lunge down you can lift your arms with 3lb weights overhead.

Most importantly although "spot training" is what we would like research suggests that there really isnt such a thing and cardio is the best way to loose fat all over. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont down play cardio because we need to burn the outer layers of fat so we can reveal the layers of muscles we are building underneath. Hope that helps and good luck on your journey.
That's excellent info blkbeauty!!! Just excellent!!!! dance

Butterfly125 wrote:Blkbeauty2010, great, great tips!! Thank you!

Misskris, are you a motivational speaker?!!...lol. Because, you are always motivating us with your very positive attitude! And you always have good advice to share. Thank you!

I just wanted to add to what Blkbeauty was saying because I am also one who is not very motivated to exercise. Many evenings as I am watching tv at home, while the show is on I will lift weights and do lunges and squats, and while the commericals are on I will do jumping jacks and jog in place. I will do this for 20-30 minutes and then I know that I've at least done something that day.
Thank you Butterfly!! lol But no I am not a motivational speaker. I just have been thru this too many times and know how important it is for us to get the extra weight off. My dad died of a heart attack back in 1999, I had JUST turned 22. He was too young and I just don't want it to happen to me. PLUS I want to show my kids that it's important to be healthy. One of my twins likes to eat (like me). She's not fat, not even chubby but I can see her going down that path. But they are active so that helps.
What you do is awesome advice too Butterfly. I did that last week while watching the Biggest Loser (like I am now). In the commercials I would get down and do pushups and squats and stuff. I just saw how BIG some of those folks were and it pushed me for a minute!! lol Can't get to that point EVER!!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 18th January 2011, 10:30 pm

I think that's her side gig.... lol
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 11:15 pm

Hahaha!!! y'all are funny. But I'm glad I can br of help in any kind of way!!!
run
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 18th January 2011, 11:27 pm

I love that we motivate each other. I think i will start the thingy in between commercials, cuz I make myself make the time for cardio but strength training goes by the wayside.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 18th January 2011, 11:49 pm

im watching The Biggest Looser (my Tues night routine) and I cant help but look at the hosts hair and makeup... flawless and so pretty. I cant help but imagine how it would look on an old twistout. sunny Probably DIVINE
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next