CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+26
domanie7
The Raw Twinkie
kevynnew
j. kinky
Imgettingthere
rayray19
FreeFroMonet
CurlyOrangeMama
MissyCee
Berry3674
Afronique
yacoomba
CiaE
bfree
KSharee
llcarr
Sebastain13
Butterfly125
blackice82
curlya
Kimberly
ladygogohot
Ambitious_Tiff
Thinice
rvalent2
misskris
30 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 38 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by NaturalGreenEyedDiva 13th January 2011, 7:40 pm

You can count me in as well.
Im still in my TWA phase but this might be good for me since im just starting, plus i do need some work on my edges as well. they have always been thin. Here is my most recent picture. Just had oil in it and was picked out. ill be 1 month natural on the 17th

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
NaturalGreenEyedDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th January 2011, 10:52 pm

Hey Greeneyediva!! And welcome. I love your profile pic!! So cute on you!!!! Castor oil has already made my hair grow quite a bit in just the month that we have been doing this. I love that stuff!!! You can mix it if you want or use it plain. Just apply it to your scalp and massage it in. which, with your twa should be a breeze!!! I LOVED when I had a TWZ (about 5 timesL LOL) So easy to maintain. But now I am trying to see how long it will grow!!

Welcome to CurlyNikki....you will love it. Many of us are on here ALL the time (especially those of us that stay home all day, like me LOL). You'll find great info on here from great ladies!!
afro
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalGreenEyedDiva 13th January 2011, 11:16 pm

Thanks....yea i work from the home so im on here like its my job too.....lol
thanks for the tips tho......cant wait to try this!
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
NaturalGreenEyedDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittabug 13th January 2011, 11:20 pm

Wecome, GreenEyedDiva!
Kittabug
Kittabug

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittabug 13th January 2011, 11:21 pm

*Welcome! lol
Kittabug
Kittabug

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalGreenEyedDiva 13th January 2011, 11:41 pm

@kittabug......Hey hun!!!!
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
NaturalGreenEyedDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 14th January 2011, 2:31 am

I'M BAAAAACK!!! Hey guys! I clearly missed a lot, y'all forgive me if I overlook anything.

@Yacoomba
I am so sorry to hear about the death of your friend and the hospitalization of your brother. I am praying that he recovers speedily! My heart really goes out to you and yours. Just know I am praying extra hard for y'all.

@MissyCee
Oh darlin, I hope you get well soon! I know no one likes being sick! I also hope your classes are going smoothly. Trust I feel what you are going through on that front.

@Butterfly125
Sorry the protein treatment didn't seem to do much. I think anytime you're doing homemade mixtures/treatments it takes a couple tries to get the consistency to be favorable. However, I am glad to hear you "accident" with your dc turned out to yield good results!! I love happy accidents!! Especially ones that result in soft hair. dance

@MissKris
I am still lusting after your hair. I agree you should be in someone's commercial!

@ MiaNia, Kittabug, Domanie7, & TheRawTwinkie
WELCOME!! So glad to see we have new participants! This is a pretty intereactive challenge. I think you will enjoy it. Very Happy

Updates, updates, updates. My mom messed up her rotator cuff and has a slipped disk in her back so she's in a lot of pain. Lol, she is also very cranky due to all of the homework. (I keep reminding her a Ph. D is not a walk in the park. If it was everyone would have one, lol.) I did have a great weekend with my friend. A little unhappy b/c I don't want to start developing feelings for someone so far away and I think I am. Considering our past, not sure how all this is even happening or how things will work themselves out. I was too mad that it took me 7 hours to get home from Augusta (trip normally only takes 4) due to the closing of I-20 and just the icing of the road in general. Mad I also almost had an accident while I was there that Monday too. Today I missed my doctor's appt and one of my classes b/c I had a blowout on the way there and was thrown off the road and down some hills. I have been a running fool trying to get my hours in at work and get to my classes on time. I have a ridiculous pile of homework that I am committed to chopping down by Monday so I will not likely be able to get on as much as usual. Crying or Very sad But anyway. On to the real reason y'all are going through my ramblings, lol: MY LENGTH UPDATE! I finally have my stuff for show-n-tell, lol! (I apologize for my tardiness, I've had a lot going on in the past week as y'all can see and that's not even the half). I am very satisfied with my growth. Looks like I have gotten about an inch in all areas!! I triple checked my measurements to make sure I am not going crazy. I was also very meticulous about making sure I was measuring the same areas as I did for the initial measurements. YAY CASTOR OIL!! woot!

Back middle now & start respectively:

Temple area now & start respectively:

Widow's Peak now & start respectively:

Behind Ear now & start Respectively:
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 14th January 2011, 12:21 pm

YAY Tiff!!!!!! Congrats on that growth!!!!!
Glad you are okay form that blowout!!! The weather here has caused the kids to be out of school ALL week!!!!! It snowed over the weekend and usually in ATL if it snows it's gone the next day so this is very odd for us!! Glad you got home okay from your trip. And if it's meant to be with your guy than it will be. If not...then...well it won't. And it sounds like your plate is full anyway with work and school.

And yay for your mom going for her PhD!!! What is she studying?
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 14th January 2011, 12:25 pm

Oh yeah....washed my hair today with Giovanni's tea tree poo and then used my LeKair Cholesterol with honey and evoo as my comb thru condish under the running water. Then I used my YesTo Cucumbers for my leave in and oiled my scalp. Finally was able to put my rosemary EO in the castor oil along with a litle sweet almond oil. Then I parted it down the middle and just did one big flat twist on each side and pinned the ends up on the opposite sides. My hair is nice and soft.
afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 14th January 2011, 2:53 pm

Hey, Tiff!! Welcome back! Wow, you got a lot going on there...lol. Misskris is right, if it's meant to be, it will and without much effort. Everybody is always saying relationships are hard and take all this work. I think if its meant to be, there will be some give and take and adjustments made, but it shouldn't be a job, you know? Anywho, congrats on all that growth!!!! dance

Misskris, you make me want to go home and do my hair...lol. I have another protein treatment to try this weekend and since the other one was mostly water, I don't think it will hurt. I'm also going to start doing the pre-shampoo oil treatment that's on the CN homepage today. Trying everything I can to strengthen my hair since I feel like I never took care of it before. I'm just happy I still have some lol!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 14th January 2011, 3:06 pm

LOL...well let me go check out this prepoo you're talking about!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 14th January 2011, 3:09 pm

Oh Okay....I have done that before. Nothing to it. I think I slept with the oil in. I used evoo. I may do it next time I wash. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 14th January 2011, 3:20 pm

Yeah, I think I'm just going to make it part of my routine for the next couple of months and see if it does anything spectacular for my hair *fingers crossed*.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 14th January 2011, 3:40 pm

Cool. Hope you get the results you want. Keep us posted. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 15th January 2011, 12:27 am

Hello ladies!! I've been awol this week. Believe it or not, I've actually been working at work!! Well the weekend's here and I'm ready to share. These are just a couple pics over the past 2 weeks.

NYE

This weeks wng

Me and my jbco are on a roll. Every other night I massage it in before bed. Then I put some evoo on my fro. Next day i apply a little gel, wet and shake. Can't get any easier.
I feel like its growing, but who knows!!

Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 15th January 2011, 12:49 am

Hey, Berry!! Nice to see you...lol. You look gorgeous, girl!! Yeah, I am envious of that simple routine of yours. It's when I hear stuff like that that I just want to cut these relaxed ends off Evil or Very Mad. We're waiting to see how much growth you have, too! Do a length check...we want to see bounce.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 15th January 2011, 1:18 am

Berry Just beautiful!!!! I think we may be hair twins....... Butterfly you should see something with all you are doing.. i can't wait for the next measurement... I know mine is growing!!

Tiff, you will survive. Not to sound cold, but you are a survivor!!! I can tell that. Love will come and you will be ready.

Welcome to all the newbies!!!

I'm still coughing but I'm alive. I will start working out on Monday. I had planned to start last week, but I got sick. So.....Jay Z says "on to the next one".

Not much happening. But my twists are much fuller and I am happy. I never thought to put gel and water on in the am to make a difference. I was just fluffing and going. May wait a bit till I feel better before I try that one. But nice thought.

Oh I redid my nails. I was trying to keep up with the natural nail challenge, but fell off somewhere, and still do them when I think about it. Surprise the length is still there...since November.....only a few chips. Will post pics later.

Later ladies.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th January 2011, 8:19 pm

@MissKris
My mom is working on getting her Ph.D in Business Management and my older sister has her's in Organizational Leadership. I am not quite sure if I want to pursue my education that far but it certainly can't hurt. How does the rosemary smell? I was considering mixing my Castor Oil but I have had pretty good results just using it on its on...

@Butterfly125
Thanx!! I'm excited about the growth too. Yeah, I too feel like cultivating a relationship should not be work. I'm all about things following a natural flow. But anyway. I prepoo and I love it!! I use EVOO and coconut oil overnight and go to town the next day. Leaves my hair nice and clean and soft!! As far as your protein treatment, try adding more conditioner to it to thicken it up. I know guar and xanthan gums are natural thickeners as well so you may want to try those.

@MissyCee
You don't sound cold at all! Some times I need a reality slap, lol. What kind of working out are you doing? Is it a structured work out like yoga or Body Pump?? Do you do your twists dry or after you wash? I hope you continue feeling better!! I know the cough is usually the last thing to go.

@Berry3674
Miz Beeeeerrry!! Miz Berry!! Looking good girl!! Loving the wash n go. Have you posted your length updates yet?

I saw a henna shampoo in the health food store today. Has anyone ever tried this? I can't believe I made it outta there with Castor Oil alone, lol. I will be doing another dc this weekend. Today or tomorrow sometime. I'm also finally getting my office organized so I can have a peaceful place to do my work. I was thinking about going to a comedy show tonight but I will pass, too much needs to be done here.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 15th January 2011, 9:42 pm

Thanks, Tiff, I think I will try the protein treatment with the conditioner instead of with the mayo like the other protein treatment suggests. I don't know, putting mayo in my hair kinda grosses me out...lol. I'll look into those natural thickeners as well. You are some kind of busy, girl!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th January 2011, 4:29 pm

Berry3674 wrote:Hello ladies!! I've been awol this week. Believe it or not, I've actually been working at work!! Well the weekend's here and I'm ready to share. These are just a couple pics over the past 2 weeks.

NYE

SUPER Cute dress and look!!!! Very cute!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th January 2011, 4:34 pm

Ok. hey ladies!!! Here's a new pic. I went to church today for the 1st time i too long....So I did my hair in a cute (well I think it's cute-lol) side bun.

Also oiled my scalp again this morning. Oh and @ Tiff.....the rosematy does have a kinda strong smell but to me it doesn't stink. It's just strong. I think I put about 7 drops or so into my castor oil and I can barely smell it (I guess maybe about 4 oz of oil...??)

So Can't wait til the next length check either!! Still got a couple weeks but that's cool. Hope everyone is doing well. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 16th January 2011, 4:43 pm

Thanks for all the compliments ladies! Everyone's length checks look amazing and I was scared to see mine. But I did and let's just say I had to look at the pics twice! I'm like "really?!"

Starting pic right before Thanksgiving

This morning (excuse my hangover face)!

Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 16th January 2011, 4:46 pm

MissKris the side bun is fiyah!!!! I can't wait. Maybe this time next year I'll have enough hair for a bun. Off to oil right now!!
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th January 2011, 4:57 pm

WOW Berry!!!!!!!!! That's AWESOME!!!! that's like TWO inches it seems!!! yeah that castor oil is somethin else!!!! Oh and thanks for the "fiyah" compliment!!! Razz YYour hair will be there next month at that rate!!!! LOL
afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 16th January 2011, 5:39 pm

Berry, you hair growth looks great. I am so doing a length check to see myself. I know we have a few weeks to send them in, but that just made me want to do it today.

Kris, nice bun. How was church? I missed today but I still feel a bit under the weather.

Tiff - I just Jillian Michaels abs dvd for christmas. I will also add a few arm things also.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next