CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+26
domanie7
The Raw Twinkie
kevynnew
j. kinky
Imgettingthere
rayray19
FreeFroMonet
CurlyOrangeMama
MissyCee
Berry3674
Afronique
yacoomba
CiaE
bfree
KSharee
llcarr
Sebastain13
Butterfly125
blackice82
curlya
Kimberly
ladygogohot
Ambitious_Tiff
Thinice
rvalent2
misskris
30 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 37 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by MissyCee 10th January 2011, 6:50 pm

Raw Twinkie - we are measuring and hoping to get all to take pics, once a month. If you can measure and send pics now, then we all wil mostly be on the same sheet for next month. I think we were all supposed to have measurements in by last Friday, right ladies???? The oiling most are doing is every other day. Some are mixing with oils and others are using it straight. I mix with peppermint oil. For the scent and peppermint I think is supposed to aid in growth as well. Happy oiling!!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 10th January 2011, 6:55 pm

Thanks MissyCee! I will post my pics in a minute here. Now I know once a month is the targets of measurement. Yay!!!
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 10th January 2011, 9:07 pm

Hey, RawTwinkie, can't wait to see your pics and measurements. MissyCee is right, everyone should have had their length checks in by last Friday so we can see that growth! I believe we said we would post our measurements anytime during the first week of every month.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 10th January 2011, 9:54 pm

Hi Ladies-really haven't been on the boards in a minute. My brother went into the hospital and it was a really emotional, draining, situation on the family with the circumstances. He's doing better (still in the hospital), but we're just continuing to pray one day at a time for his recovery. On top of that his best friend(who was like family to us) was killed this past week adding onto already high emotions. So as you can imagine it has been a doozy.

Hope everyone is well and hair is growing strong & long! I didn't take the time to read back through the thread at all so not sure what is going on as I wanted to let everyone know why I've been MIA and probably will be on sporadically for awhile.

I still have the kinky twists in and I've been doing this sort of updo thing (saw it on a youtube channel and I liked it). Still using the castor oil 3 to 4 times per week and at the end of the month I will be taking them down and will give measurements. Here's a pic of the back of the twists and how they look (its a crossover effect).

You all be safe and blessed!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by yacoomba on 10th January 2011, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 11th January 2011, 12:45 am

Yacoomba, I am so very sorry to hear about what's going on with your family. My prayers are with and your family. We'll be here whenever you check in. If you need a laugh, just go back through the thread, 'cause you know we talk about hair and everything else in the world...lol. Take care, girly. Your hair looks great!!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 11th January 2011, 1:33 am

Hey ladies,

As of January 7th my measurements were: ....

Right side - 10"
Left side - 9 1/2"
front - 10"
Middle - 11"
Back - 11"

I am transitioning and I have been without a relaxer for three months (it will be four on the 12th). As far as hair texture I am not sure yet. Short term (six month) goal is to get my hair to bra strap length in the back. Long term goal (one year)to get natural hair to beyond collar bone length.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 11th January 2011, 12:28 pm

@ Yacoomba, So sorry to hear all that, but you have my prayers as well. And your hair does look nice!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 11th January 2011, 12:52 pm

@Yacoomba, I am new here but I just wanted to say that I will keep you, your brother, and your family in my prayers. Many Blessings to you.
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 11th January 2011, 3:20 pm

Yacoomba, sorry to hear of your trouble. My prayers are with you and your family. And you hair looks fabulous.

Ohhhhhhhhh, doctor says I have a sinus infection, that could turn to bronchitis/pneumonia. I got some strong cough syrup and will be in lala land shortly. I hope this hair can hold up, cause I ain't thinking bout it.

Later ladies!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by domanie7 11th January 2011, 3:28 pm

I wanna join. Does the castor oil have to be a specific brand? I bought some from walmart and the only ingredient is castor oil. I hope thats ok. Here's a link of my hair to show my length.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/16/08/42/32/hair_c12.jpg

Last edited by domanie7 on 15th January 2011, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding pic)

domanie7

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 11th January 2011, 3:39 pm

Quick reply (at work currently)- Ladies thank you so much *tear* that's why I love the CN family especially the Castor Oil Challenge crew(old and new and it doesn't matter-one big family). You ladies are amazingly supportive and a sister couldn't ask for a better group to be apart of dance

Twinkie-Welcome to the Challenge and happy transitioning, I too am transitioning-going on 1 year next weekend. It's been a learning curve challenge, but very worth it. Patience has definitely been the key.

MissyCee-Hope you feel better soon and stay warm (def take those meds to get into la la land). Not sure if you're going or have already gotten that snow hitting the eastern seaboard. My SIL is stating they are supposed to be getting about 8 inches in PA overnight.

MissKriss-look at the avi like you should be in somebody's hair commercial with those locks flowing (gorgeous I tell you).

Butterfly- Thanks once again :-)

Back to work I go-open space in the office and my computer faces everyone unfortunately *ugh*. Oh yeah thanks for the compliment on the twist updo ladies_I'm working and feeling it.

Thank you all for the prayers once again-you all don't know how much it means it to me!

TTYL Ladies!
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 11th January 2011, 3:51 pm

Im supper late but after seeing MissKriss results I have to join in!!! I'll be going out for some castor oil ASAP. In the mean time I'll be looking for my measuring tape and my camera!!!!
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittabug 11th January 2011, 4:02 pm

Hi! I would like to join the challenge! I know I'm late, but I think it would still be beneficial!! I've never uploaded pics before and I don't have a ruler so I'll work on that. You ladies seem like a close family so hopefully I'll fit in!!! Very Happy
Kittabug
Kittabug

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 11th January 2011, 4:03 pm

are these ingredients ok??? never bought castor oil before.
Ingredients: Ultra pure, cold pressed castor oil.
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 11th January 2011, 4:26 pm

yacoomba wrote:Quick reply (at work currently)- Ladies thank you so much *tear* that's why I love the CN family especially the Castor Oil Challenge crew(old and new and it doesn't matter-one big family). You ladies are amazingly supportive and a sister couldn't ask for a better group to be apart of dance

Twinkie-Welcome to the Challenge and happy transitioning, I too am transitioning-going on 1 year next weekend. It's been a learning curve challenge, but very worth it. Patience has definitely been the key.

MissyCee-Hope you feel better soon and stay warm (def take those meds to get into la la land). Not sure if you're going or have already gotten that snow hitting the eastern seaboard. My SIL is stating they are supposed to be getting about 8 inches in PA overnight.

MissKriss-look at the avi like you should be in somebody's hair commercial with those locks flowing (gorgeous I tell you).

Butterfly- Thanks once again :-)

Back to work I go-open space in the office and my computer faces everyone unfortunately *ugh*. Oh yeah thanks for the compliment on the twist updo ladies_I'm working and feeling it.

Thank you all for the prayers once again-you all don't know how much it means it to me!

TTYL Ladies!

Aww, thanks Yacoomba!!!! Very Happy that's nice of you to say!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 11th January 2011, 6:43 pm

Kittabug, I am new here also but WELCOME. This seems like it is going to be fun and we dont want you to miss out on all the excitement! I am loving it here and so will you (I am sure). Let's get this party started!! (My favorite saying). :-)
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittabug 11th January 2011, 7:04 pm

Twinkie, thanks so much for the warm welcome!! I'm REALLY excited to be in this group and looking forward to great growth!!! woot!
Kittabug
Kittabug

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 11th January 2011, 8:23 pm

@MiaNia - The results are awesome, right?!! Welcome! I think the ingredients in your castor oil sound fine. Some of us use regular castor oil and some use JBCO, but it seems like they all work because those of us who have posted have experienced growth...YAY!!

@Twinkie - That's right, party of here!! woot!

@Kittabug - Welcome to the family! The more the merrier! I'm sure you'll love it here, too. This is a great group of ladies. Can't wait to see your pics!

Happy Growing, girls!!! run
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittabug 11th January 2011, 8:51 pm

Thanks, Butterfly! I'm sure I'll love it here, too!!!
Kittabug
Kittabug

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 12th January 2011, 12:58 pm

O. K Measurements:

Good morning all, hope everyone is doing well in this crappy weather...how i need some sun

Anyway i measured last night since my hair is in two strand twist ...so here we go. The Summer length is what i am looking for....fingers cross

Present Summer
Front-5 1/2" 7"

Middle Top-6" 9"

Left side- 6" 9"

Right side -6.3" 9.3"

Back-6.5"[u] 8.5"
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 12th January 2011, 2:25 pm

MiaNia, Welcome to the fam!! Sorry I didnt welcome earlier. Looking forward to pics of your hair growth journey. Yay!! We can do this!!! bounce
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 12th January 2011, 3:05 pm

Yes Welcome Kittabug!!! This IS a great group like Butterfly said!! We get off topic quite a bit but it's all good. We always get back to the subject eventually. dance
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittabug 12th January 2011, 3:44 pm

Thanks MissKris! That's cool with me! Very Happy
Kittabug
Kittabug

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 13th January 2011, 3:39 pm

Hey ladies, I think I am winning in the sinus infection game!!! I feel a little better. But I have to I have class tonight. I was able over the last two days to prepoo, wash and condition my hair then that was it. I kimmytube leave in then put a plastic cap on and left it. The next day, It was still a bit wet, so I rubbed come amla creme over it and twisted. It dried then. And my hair ain't thick, it usually dries in minutes. Might be a sign!!! Anyway. I'm twisted for a few days now. I will wear my satin cap under my wool cap to class and that will be that.

Hope all are surviving this weather!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 13th January 2011, 5:25 pm

Not just surving, MissyCee, but loving it here in Vegas 'cause it's 50 degrees and sunny tongue. Sorry, I had to brag...lol. Anywho, I'm glad you're feeling better, and I do hope your hair is showing signs of thickening up...YAY castor oil cheers.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next