CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+26
domanie7
The Raw Twinkie
kevynnew
j. kinky
Imgettingthere
rayray19
FreeFroMonet
CurlyOrangeMama
MissyCee
Berry3674
Afronique
yacoomba
CiaE
bfree
KSharee
llcarr
Sebastain13
Butterfly125
blackice82
curlya
Kimberly
ladygogohot
Ambitious_Tiff
Thinice
rvalent2
misskris
30 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 40 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 1:20 pm

here it is....
https://www.youtube.com/user/MopTopMaven#p/u/12/ppY5S0cBwyM
It's called the EcoStyler Wash & go tutorial
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 1:21 pm

Her hair is a bit long though so you'll of course have to adjust as you need it.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 18th January 2011, 1:39 pm

Ummm, ok, I watched, but looks pretty greasy. I don't like using gel in my hair either. Maybe I will find another.......But thanks No
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 2:16 pm

no prob. i kinda thought it looked greasy to but it's not. all she used was the water and gel. Maybe you could try aloe vera gel...??? It's not like regular hair gel but it may work.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 18th January 2011, 2:23 pm

Thanks, Misskris and MissyCee, yeah the 12th is near, and I cannot wait to see what MY hair looks like. I was like, boy, it is going to be shooorrrt. But I don't know what Im worrying about, I've worn my hair short, really short, for the past several years. I think the difference is that while the rest of my hair was pixie short, I still had my bangs. Anyway, my hair also came out superduper soft and shiny with the pre-poo oil treatment and DC with honey. For now, that's my new regimen. And I also oiled my scalp with castor oil yesterday as I put my rods in.

I'm going to watch that video too, thanks, Misskris. That's a great suggestion to use the aloe vera gel.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 18th January 2011, 3:25 pm

I measured my hair guys! I should have done this about a month ago but hey whatever. As of right now after my trim, my hair is:

Front: 4in

Back: 4in

Crown: 3 1/4 inches

Sides: 3 1/4inches

So my hair doesn't grow evenly which I knew that, but Now ic an accurately see how much the Castor oil is working.

Even if its not working, it sure is helping me keep up with greasing my dry scalp so thats a plus!
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 18th January 2011, 3:40 pm

Oh, it's working, CiaE. We believe in the power of castor oil...ohmmmmmm...LOL. That's okay that you measured late, you'll still be able to measure some growth before the end of the challenge. I'll be starting all over after my BC in a few weeks...YAY!!!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 18th January 2011, 3:47 pm

Butterfly125 wrote:Oh, it's working, CiaE. We believe in the power of castor oil...ohmmmmmm...LOL. That's okay that you measured late, you'll still be able to measure some growth before the end of the challenge. I'll be starting all over after my BC in a few weeks...YAY!!!
Yea!! Are you excited to BC or nervous or both??
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 18th January 2011, 3:56 pm

I am excited! You know, I was nervous when I first decided to be natural because I wondered how my colleagues at work would react (you know that whole professional thing), but I've gotten nothing but positive responses from everyone at work, and since my hair was already short, I really don't think they'll notice the difference. They don't even realize I still have relaxed ends, so they'll probably just think I'm styling it differently, which I will be. I am a little nervous because I don't think I have ever styled my own natural hair, but I don't care anymore. I'm just ready.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 18th January 2011, 4:26 pm

Butterfly125 wrote:I am excited! You know, I was nervous when I first decided to be natural because I wondered how my colleagues at work would react (you know that whole professional thing), but I've gotten nothing but positive responses from everyone at work, and since my hair was already short, I really don't think they'll notice the difference. They don't even realize I still have relaxed ends, so they'll probably just think I'm styling it differently, which I will be. I am a little nervous because I don't think I have ever styled my own natural hair, but I don't care anymore. I'm just ready.
Yea i can def understand your concern about your colleagues, but you are also right, if your hair is short already them may not even notice the difference. Besides its your hair and no one else's business! Dont worry you have CN, this forum and TONS of youtube videos that will guide you along the way to styling!
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 18th January 2011, 4:31 pm

You're right, CiaE, thanks for the encouragement!!! I love you
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 4:57 pm

Yeah you'll be fine Butterfly!!! And I agree too. They will just think something is different but won't be able to quite figure it out!!! LOL Especially the non-black folks!! lol

@ Cia, I'm sure the castor oil is working too. We have already seen some amazing results this 1st month alone so we are pretty sure it's working!!! Just keep it up!!

afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 18th January 2011, 5:08 pm

Girl, they are all non-black folks...lol!! I am "it" on my floor with the exception of one non-natural...lol.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 5:13 pm

WOW!!! My husband is the ONLY black person period at his job. He is a teacher/coach at a school near a city that used to be ALL white and Klans town! But they love him there. But, he is leaving cuz he accepted a job in industrial engineering with Clorox. We were not able to make it on a teacher salary with a 6-person family!!! LOL
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 18th January 2011, 5:19 pm

Yeahhhhh!!! Congrats! That is awesome and sounds very impressive...lol. Girl, a family of 3 can't make it on a teacher's salary, so I understand. I wish my husband could find a job. Right now I am carrying the whole family myself, and it is not easy. I need to buy some more JBCO....hahahaha!

They love me here, too. I think I am not the stereotypical black person they expect (which is probably the case with the majority of us at our work places), so I am friends with all of them from the highest to the lowest ranks There are other black folks who work here just not on my floor.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 18th January 2011, 5:47 pm

Congrats Misskris on your hubbys new position. I too am excited to see if I have some new growth using the castor oil. I have a long transitioning journey ahead of me (I think). LOL!!1 Sometimes I get anxious but I am trying to hold out at least for a year (so eight more months) or longer. I am going to check out the WNG youtube vid by moptop maven. Not sure how it would look on relaxed ends though. I will have to wait until it warms up a little to try it. Gotta keep my ends protected. geek

-------

https://curlynikki.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=9434
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40