CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+26
domanie7
The Raw Twinkie
kevynnew
j. kinky
Imgettingthere
rayray19
FreeFroMonet
CurlyOrangeMama
MissyCee
Berry3674
Afronique
yacoomba
CiaE
bfree
KSharee
llcarr
Sebastain13
Butterfly125
blackice82
curlya
Kimberly
ladygogohot
Ambitious_Tiff
Thinice
rvalent2
misskris
30 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 39 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by Butterfly125 16th January 2011, 6:47 pm

Berry, that growth is AWESOME!!! cheers

Misskris, you are not the only that thinks your side bun is cute...hahaha. It is gorgeous, girl!!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th January 2011, 6:54 pm

Thanks Missy. Church was good. We went to a mixed, nondenominational church but it was good. Very different. They had the white folks up on stage playing in their band. I have been to this type of church b4 but no where near as big as this one was. But I like it though. They serve coffee, Starbucks!! lol and they have several rooms for kids of each age outside the sanctuary. They had all kinds of things on film too (they own their own production company!!!!) My cousin and his wife and kids go there too and he told me that last yr or sometime they had collected enough money to get a whole bunch of families minivans!!!!! They use the money for the CHURCH not themselves!!!! My kids liked it in their rooms too. So we'll go back.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th January 2011, 6:56 pm

lol....Thanks Butterfly!!! Razz
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 17th January 2011, 12:44 am

Okay clearly I have missed out on all the fun these past couple of days. WOW! I had a lot to catch up on (reading and looking at pics). You are all such an inspiration. I am so glad I found you all! Very Happy

I am still using that castor oil so lets see what happens in a couple of weeks. I still have my hair in flat twists/twists and I will keep them in until it the end of the month (so two more weeks) Shocked

Looking forward to seeing everyones growth.

Oh, I am also a stay at home/work at home mom so I will be on all the time now too. LOL!!
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 17th January 2011, 3:56 pm

@Butterfly125
Lol, yeah I stay busy. I did get my office to a workable place. I am very happy with it. *Side note: Did anyone know school supplies costed so much?! My word! Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming* I feel you on the mayo thing too. I just have weird feeling about it b/c I like a lot of heat treatments and the mayo would definitely be a no go. I can't have that kinda funk on my hair! affraid

@ MissKris
Your bun is pretty! Did you just wrap your own hair or use a bunformer? I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't smell like roasted chicken if I stated using the rosemary, lol. Thanx for the heads up. Glad you enjoyed church!

@Berry3674
I felt the same way before I did my measurements!! I didn't think my hair had grown at all but lo and behold! I'm happy for your new growth! Do you have a goal length?

@MissyCee
Good luck with Jillian Micheals. I'm sure you'll have great results. Let me know what you find for your arms. I am trying to incorporate some pilates so I don't look so bulky on top. I have got to find something to get rid of that unsightly fat that accumulates like under your armpit that kinda sticks outta your bra. Eeeww... Makes me feel like the blob, lol.

"Quick" update I tried a new DC. This time I blended an avocado, some honey, some coconut milk, and that elusive Hot Six Oil (I finally found the bottle wedged under my sofa). After I finally got it smoothed out I heated it up a little in the micowave. It felt good going on (I was cold). I actually wasn't impressed upon just rinsing it out. However I did notice I needed much less conditioner to cowash and detangle so I'm happy. My hair actually turned out pretty soft. I think my recipe just needs tweaking to achieve optimum results. Maybe more oil, less milk...? scratch But anyway, I followed my usual routine and applied my castor oil to my scalp today, decided not to mix it. I will save that for a later challenge. I would have posted pics of the mix and products but the touchscreen on my cell is no longer responding and I can't find my usb cord to my camera. Anyone have any recommendations for a good T-Mobile phone? My top 2 contenders are the MyTouch 4G and the G2...

Oh yeah. I finally got to order some items from Chagrin Valley Soaps!! I ordered the Coconut Milk and Rosemary Mint shampoo bars and the Aloe, Aloe, Aloe and Bananas and Cream Complexion soaps. I can't wait to get them!! I did not spend much since I ordered the sample bars. I walked away from my computer only having spent a grand total of $17.25 including shipping!
dance
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 17th January 2011, 3:58 pm

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention my hair is back under my hat in twists in rollers, lol. I plan on getting some kinky twists soon. Maybe after out next length check.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 17th January 2011, 4:07 pm

Tiff, I am glad that you enjoyed your DC. I make a similar one minus the hot six oil. I use HEHH as my base and then make my own coconut milk from a young thai coconut (1/2 cup of the meat and a half cup of the water), then use raw coconut oil, raw honey, and a 1/4 of an avocado. My hair loves it. I have never heard of the Chagrin Valley Soaps. They sound wonderful! I may have to break down and get some.

Oh and I feel you with the arm fat.. I hate it! I need to find some exercise that can just target that one area.. Basketball
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 17th January 2011, 4:57 pm

I might have to try your recipe. It actually sounds pretty good. I didn't put any coconut oil in b/c my supply is low. I've heard rave reviews on HEHH, I am thinking of investing in that too since I am finally running out of conditioner. Go to this link to find out more about those soaps: www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com You're bound to find something you just have to try. Its good b/c the samples are really cheap so you can get different ones.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 17th January 2011, 6:25 pm

Tiff and Twinkie, both your DC recipes sound yummy, for the hair that is...lol. Tiff, I know all too well about the cost of school supplies. I have one high-schooler and one in elementary, and when I buy school supplies at the beginning fo the year, I am always around $200 affraid. I'm like for pencils, really?!!! Anyway, I've been with EVOO and a plastic bag on my head since last night. My best friend called me this morning needing a ride to put her car in the shop, and I've been running ever since. So I'm going to go wash this out do a DC with my Shea Moisture masque and honey.

BTW, this site has some really cute hair accessories, including bun holders. Check it out. http://www.eleganthairacc.com/store/home.php.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 17th January 2011, 6:46 pm

$200?! Geez. I thought my $67 was bad. I got to the register and I just knew something wasn't right. I bought 5 binders, 6 3 prong folders, a pack of pens, a desk calendar, a pencil cup, and a planner. I didn't even get paper or the shelf I was eyeing! Shoot, they could have given me some of this stuff considering how much books cost. I spend $533 and all of my books were used! Unfortunately since my screen stopped working I am gonna have to buy another cell phone as well. I guess I will go ahead and try to get a PDA since I will have to have one when I get to clinicals anyway. I don't know how but I swear I am gonna try and hold off until April when I am due for my full upgrade. Hhmmm... When I think about it, April is my upgrade month. I get to move outta my apartment then too! woot! Your hair is gonna feel so good after you rinse that EVOO out! I have done it a couple of times and my hair felt like a dream! Certainly helps with detangling. Oh goodness. I love hair accesories so I will definitely check out that site!

Has anyone tried beer rinses? My mom recommends this but I always manage to skip a step... Embarassed
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by mrscoutrmmm 17th January 2011, 6:53 pm

Castor oil is saving my edges! And Im just using the stuff out of walgreens. I cant wiat to invest in some better quality stuff!

mrscoutrmmm

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 17th January 2011, 6:57 pm

Berry funny, I have evoo and almond oil onmy hair right now. Have had it on since about 2pm today. I think I'm gonna dc soon as I get the stuff together...
Tiff, good luck with that phone. I need to upgrade myself. i just go for functional nothing special. I can't even tell you what type of phone I have but it's red and works.

Question for the shorter haired ones, what is your routine after you condition? I mean what is your daily routine? How do you keep your hair moist all week? I tried teh kimmytube, but it's wet and this weather and me sick don't mix well. I need something that will work each day. And I don't like the gummy of the gels.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 17th January 2011, 6:58 pm

Mrscoutrummmm, all you need is any kind of cstor oil. No special brand. it all works about the same.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 17th January 2011, 7:32 pm

Tiff, I have AT&T and I'm due for an upgrade, and my phone has to do it all. Money is short so I'm going to get the Blackberry Torch they have for $9.99 with my upgrade. The only reason I haven't gotten it yet is because in Nevada they charge you tax on the original price of the phone, so in this case the phone is only $9.99, but the tax are about $30...WHAT?! So that will have to wait until next payday.

I washed my hair and now I'm sitting with my DC in with my heat cap, and Tiff, you are right, my hair felt sooooo soft after I washed the EVOO out before I even put the conditioner in my hair. I was amazed at the softeness. I will be doing this every week just like my DC.

MissyCee, since I still have relaxed ends, I can't use anything wet on my hair because those ends will straighten right up and there goes my rod set. So I use Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey on my hair daily.

FYI everyone, I've made an appointment to get my relaxed ends cut off on Feb. 12th. I cannot wait!!! I'm going to just measure my hair again that day and start from there for our challenge. I'm hoping to get some serious growth with those ends being gone.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 17th January 2011, 7:55 pm

OMG!!! I know you're excited!! You'll be fully natural and you'll be able to just wash n go, lol. Go girl!!

Shoot, I wish the phone I want was $9.99. It'll be $276 if I breakdown and get it now with just the partial or $199 if I wait 3 months to use my full upgrade. No bueno. No
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 17th January 2011, 7:59 pm

Tiff, I saw your braid out on another page?????? WHAT?????? Just beautiful!!!!! Why you didn't post over here???? How long did that take?
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 17th January 2011, 8:03 pm

Tiff, girl, I waited as long as I could for the phone. I've been eligible for an upgrade since last May, but it seems like every time I get some extra money, the kids need something or the car needs fixing or something. The phone I want with an upgrade is $199, and I just can't swing it so I'm actually settliing for the BlackBerry.

And you said the magic words -- wash n go -- I cannot wait to do that!!! I wanted to be a long-term transitioner, but the routine I have to have with the two textures and the limited hairstyles and products...I'm just ready.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 17th January 2011, 8:28 pm

@MissyCee
Awe thanx! I posted it there b/c it showed my shrinkage well. I actually posted that one in this thread when I initially was doing my length check for the challenge. My twistouts used to take FOREVER!! I can get them done in about 2 hours (which is ridiculous b/c that's the only style I know how to do) if I focus but I am still a pretty slow twister and its still awkward for me to do the back of my head. Lol. I can't wait til I don't have to put the rollers on the ends anymore. That would cut down my styling time some. I won't lie, sometimes I wish I just had a twa...

@Butterfly125
I feel you on stuff always coming up! I actually had a pretty good paycheck this week but spent my extra on school supplies and getting a bill caught up. Soon as I did that, my dang phone started acting up! I could have got one from the store for $165 and paid the rest in installments on my bill but I had spent the dang money. Shocked All I can do now is answer my phone. No calling out or texting. I am going crazy.

As far as cutting off those ends, I feel you. Its weird to see my natural hair being saddled with those stringy ends. I'm trying to be patient though. Are there any particular products you're dying to try as a full natural?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 17th January 2011, 10:10 pm

Hey Tiff. I have heard of those touch screens often breaking. It happened to my sister's phone and she had to get a new one too. They probably build them like that on purpose so that you HAVE to get a new one eventually!!! LOL
Y'all have been busy on here since I last got on!!! LOL I'll catch y'all later. About to post the measurements I took today of my body on the weight loss challenge. So y'all over there to those who are doing it too.
run
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 18th January 2011, 12:27 am

Tiff, I just want to try all the curl milks and things like that in general, but the real is that I want to be able to moisturize my hair everyday without worring about how the different textures are going to react to the product. I am so envious when I read about naturals co-washing every other day and wearing finger spirals or wash n gos adn things like that. And this is what I really hate -- when I do my rod set on Sunday, wear it all week, then Saturday comes and my husband wants to jump up in the morning and go to breakfast and my hair is all old and dirty and I need 4 hours to do it...UGGGHHHH!!!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 12:05 pm

So Butterfly did you cut the relaxed ends? I know the other day you said you had decided to go ahead and do (I think you said that). I'm sure that will fix the problem of not being able to do a WnG.

afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 18th January 2011, 12:55 pm

Butterfly, you did good to hold out this long. The 12th will be here in no time and you will be rid them dead ends!!!! Hopefully, it will also be a bit warmer and those wngs will be fly!!!!

So, I was a conditioning fool yesterday. I prepoo'd for like hours, then I deep conditioned for a few more hours, then I kimmytubed my hair, castor oiled my scalp and my hair was ridiculously soft. I wish I could freeze time and keep it like it was. it was almost like a texturizer was on it and nice and soft and just sooooooo curly. I had to stop rubbing my hands in it so I could twist it up for the night. Does ANYONE know how to keepthe hair in that state? I mean that was exactly what I've been working for. But I know my head and hair, when it dries, I won't see that again until wash day.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 1:00 pm

Hey MissyCee. I hate that the curls don't stay the way they look while wet. I saw someone do a video on youtube though. I think it was moptopmaven and she showed how she got the wet look. She used a lot of conditioner and gel. And it DID look wet. So maybe you can try that.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 18th January 2011, 1:07 pm

Hmmmm, you think it was Moptopmaven? I might have to check her out. I do like her. Thanks........
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 18th January 2011, 1:16 pm

Yeah, I'll check now...
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content