CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+26
domanie7
The Raw Twinkie
kevynnew
j. kinky
Imgettingthere
rayray19
FreeFroMonet
CurlyOrangeMama
MissyCee
Berry3674
Afronique
yacoomba
CiaE
bfree
KSharee
llcarr
Sebastain13
Butterfly125
blackice82
curlya
Kimberly
ladygogohot
Ambitious_Tiff
Thinice
rvalent2
misskris
30 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 20 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by Butterfly125 28th December 2010, 6:07 pm

Berry, you are a hoot!! And I totally understand what you're saying about that commitment. Girl, in October, we were still wearing tanks and shorts...hahahah! I am serious! We were like, isn't it fall?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 28th December 2010, 6:07 pm

OMG, page 20?! We talk too much!...LOL!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 28th December 2010, 6:13 pm

I thank you ladies for getting me thru this work day. First day back after a long break and it just zoomed by. Now tomorrow, I'm really working! Off to have margaritas with my girls. Catch yall later Very Happy
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 28th December 2010, 6:14 pm

LOL!!!! I saw that too, I was like dang, 20? I thought it was only 19.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 28th December 2010, 6:15 pm

Butterfly125 wrote:OMG, page 20?! We talk too much!...LOL!

Lol, I was just thinking that this thread will be SO LONG by the end of the challenge!! We haven't even gotten to January... Lol, at least there's a constant exchange of something... Very Happy

Lol, Catch ya later Berry!!

Last edited by Ambitious_Tiff on 28th December 2010, 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 28th December 2010, 6:15 pm

... I love this post! I leave for an hour and come back and have 2 pages to read. And it is all so fun! flower

Anyone have big New Year Plans?
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 28th December 2010, 6:17 pm

Berry3674 wrote:I thank you ladies for getting me thru this work day. First day back after a long break and it just zoomed by. Now tomorrow, I'm really working! Off to have margaritas with my girls. Catch yall later Very Happy

@Berry3674 - have one for us! I'm at work for at least another 30 min...
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 28th December 2010, 6:22 pm

I don't. I kinda wanna drive to ATL and see the peach drop. I've always been in my hometown for New Year's. Crying or Very sad I am bound and determined I will make it to NY one of these years to bring it in right!! Dang I wish I was getting off work soon. I got several more hours to go. Rolling Eyes ...And these folks are really trying my nerves. Geez, this is the loan consolidation center, idk if you filed your taxes last year! Neutral
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 28th December 2010, 6:28 pm

@Tiff - LOL! you are hillarious Laughing

I don't have any plans either - hoping to get some good ones here...
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 28th December 2010, 6:30 pm

Curlya, do you know if there is anything going on around here other than the peach? I have seen that before so I really don't need to see it again!! LOL Anything free would be fab!!! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 28th December 2010, 6:31 pm

curlya wrote:
Berry3674 wrote:I thank you ladies for getting me thru this work day. First day back after a long break and it just zoomed by. Now tomorrow, I'm really working! Off to have margaritas with my girls. Catch yall later Very Happy

@Berry3674 - have one for us! I'm at work for at least another 30 min...
Yeah, what Curlya said!!! LOL Very Happy drunken
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 28th December 2010, 6:36 pm

You ladies do chat. But it's fun and interesting and like Ambitious Tiff said, we do learn a lot from each other.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 28th December 2010, 6:41 pm

misskris wrote:Curlya, do you know if there is anything going on around here other than the peach? I have seen that before so I really don't need to see it again!! LOL Anything free would be fab!!! Smile

Yes, there is and it's free. from 3pm to midnight and they will avhe fireworks, Lawrenceville in the square.
I sent you a PM with the link, (because you know I am challenged when it comes to posting on this forum). Embarassed
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 28th December 2010, 6:47 pm

LOL, thanks!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 28th December 2010, 6:51 pm

Hey ladies tried to post pics and failed miserably. Will try again tomorrow Sad
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 28th December 2010, 6:55 pm

@Ladygogohot
What happened??

Y'all already know I love free and cheap. Prolly why I always end up at home or at my house drinking with friends/family, lol. drunken Y'all making any resolutions? I am just resolving to be better; work on my patience, reach out to family more, keep taking care of my hair, SAVE $$$$, pay down some of my debt, set myself up to be successful in nursing school... There's a ton of improvements in my sights... I'm optimistic I can handle them all though. Wink
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 28th December 2010, 7:00 pm

@ Tiff that sounds good to me. I need to do all those myself except the nursing school part. which is actually funny cuz although I have a MA in counseling I was gonna go to nursing school, passed the pre-entrance exam and everything the 1st time. even started classes. but then we moved I had to stop. not what i really wanted to do anyway so i guess it was for the best. Oh and I need to add lose this weight (again) to the list. lol!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 28th December 2010, 7:11 pm

I can't believe I missed lose weight! I guess b/c I plan to be more proactive in treating my body right so by proxy I will lose weight or at least maintain my weight. You're a smart chick! I applaud people who have the patience to get more than 1 degree. I love to learn but school is really hard for me b/c I get soooo distracted. May I ask why you were going to nursing school if that wasn't what you wanted to do? I have planned the rest of my life around being a nurse. the plan is to finish nursing school, join the Peace Corp and teach Aids awareness in Africa or a a latin country, return to states and work in a hospital for 2-3 years, work as a travel nurse for 15-20 years, then open my own travel nurse staffing agency. I'll be very happy if I accomplish only a portion of that.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 28th December 2010, 7:15 pm

Very Ambitious Tiff (I am laughing now....) Really though that is a great plan. I begin classes Jan 13th for my BS in HRM. I hope to complete that quickly, get some work and contacts and try to get a HR Staffing Firm off the ground. Wow, first time I've typed that, guess I am getting more and ore confident in myself and the possibilities.........
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 28th December 2010, 7:24 pm

Tiff I was so tired of looking for and applying for jobs in my field and I was kinda burnt out too. So I figured Nursing will ALWAYS be a field that needs a lot of people and down here RNs get decent money. So I figured why not? But now I'll even be watching stuff on TV that's like nasty guts surgical stuff and I'm all grossed out!! LOL There's no way I woulda been able to do it!!! LOL So what I REALLY want to do is work as a school counselor - better hours, better pay and you get all the holidays and summers off!!! I had even thought about being a school nurse, best of both worlds, but then I realized that sadly, school nurses are starting to be phased out in many areas which is pretty dumb. So right now I have 3 apps in 3 schools all for sch clr and I am praying that someone calls me for at least one of em (after all, one is all I need! LOL) So we'll see what happens.

And girl that is an amazing plan!!! I see now why you are "Ambitious Tiff" That's awesome!! cheers Good luck with all of that. And it's good that you have all that planned out now while you're young!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 28th December 2010, 7:25 pm

Oh what I was burnt out from was not really the work (social services) but the dumb ass management I was always stuck with!!!! Management sometimes really knows how to make someone hate their job!!!!! Mad
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 28th December 2010, 7:28 pm

@ MissyCee
I start in Jan too!! If everything goes to plan, I will graduate cum laude (my goal gpa is 3.6) in 2014! Yes, I am very ambitious. I have NEVER quit anything in my life either. I might put things on pause to reevaluate my game plan but I never quit. I never really look at failure as an option. I mean, if you're not confident in you, why would other people be?

@MissKris
Thanks! LOL @ SURGERY GUTS!! I don't actually want to be a med surg nurse. I want to work in labor and delivery or the NICU. The events of my life have led to me to know that I love children and especially babies. I think that will be my perfect fit in life. Since I love to learn, that's also a good choice as in that field you are constantly having to learn to keep up with the field.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 28th December 2010, 7:43 pm

Great Tiff..!!!! Who are you taking clases with? I've pretty much already completed a full career, retired military so I am working an after plan. Something to keep me busy, the kiddos are almost all gone, my youngest is 16, grads in 2 years so....By the time she is ready for college, hopefully I will be very close to finished with my studies. I admire you high goals at such a young age!!! Just always remember to keep pushing ahead!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 28th December 2010, 7:57 pm

Wow! You ladies are awesome! I love intelligent go-getters! I graduated from court reporting school, but didn't like the "court" atmosphere so that's what I've been doing for the school board for the past 7 years but wanted to move in a new direction. So I completed my AA in psychology in September. I was all set to begin my BS in psychology when I ran into a road-block with the financial aid and couldn't continue Sad . Once I can get going again, I have my plan all mapped out leading to me becoming an elementary school psychologist. I really love the little ones.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 28th December 2010, 8:21 pm

@MissKris
I feel you on the bad management. That makes the work environment just that much harder for everyone else when you got a troll running things. Evil or Very Mad I'm really pulling for you on those interviews though. I can imagine how difficult it is to not work... I'd be going crazy.

@ MissyCee
I am going to school at Auburn University Montgomery. Supposedly they have one of the best nursing programs in the state I definitely think its one of the most competitive. Competitive range for nursing school is a 3.1-3.8 gpa and you also have to pass a panel interview. I think its cool to keep going after retiring from one profession. Lol, life doesn't stop at retirement! My father is talking about getting another degree and he's be retired for a while. I think the majority of my immediate family is looking to get Ph.d's and doctorates... My sister has her's and my mom is working on her's. Its a blessing and a curse coming from a smart, driven family. Lol, sometimes we forget we don't know everything. Very Happy

@Butterfly125
You seem very well rounded careerwise! I love it. I really think people that work in the school system are underpaid and undervalued. They spend so much time with your kids. In some cases more than the parents. As far as the financial aide thing goes, explore all avenues! There are so many scholarships and grants available. I hate it when people say they can't go b/c of money...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next