CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Friday

+36
mokacoffey
freckledmom4
ethomasFL
yacoomba
mrspotts45
Shrinkage
FalconTress
TwistedKurlzz
EMarie
hatdiva7566
agdst
summerbreeze76
blackice82
cyclingchick
Neems
NhappyJackie
LaNatural
annedrea
MrsSunshinz
Tmochava
Carolinagurl
ciara89
NaptownCurls
chocolatediva
letha
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Fleur
makeupvixen
Thinice
Renny
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
naturallynola
40 posters

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Black Friday - Page 11 Empty Re: Black Friday

Post by krazy coils 7th December 2010, 8:56 am

jeanlouisangel wrote:
fleur_nouvelle wrote:
krazy coils wrote:

I feel the same about the avodado and wild plum twisting cream. I've come to the realization that my hair loves glycerin products year round. I got this because I thought maybe I should stay away from glycerin in the colder months, but I've used Qhemet's in the winter and haven't had a problem.

Exactly! I know that our hair needs glycerin in this house. Like you, the glycerin doesn't bug us in The cold weather either. I'm trying to figure out why the DB curling gel/cream and Madagascar cream slid through my hair like silk. So far, aloe vera juice is one of the main ingredients in one product and glucoside and palm oil are the main ingredients in the other.

So what you all thought is that avocado plum cream would work like a heavy cream such as Qhemets, but the lack of glycerine prevented that? Its not actually affecting your hair like a twisting cream should? My hair loves glycerine, but I really wanted to try something with avocado in it, because I have not yet tried that oil, and I have a strong feeling my hair would love it...what u guys think? Fleur should I just skip that cream and get the madagascar vanilla cream? Its good for twisting, right?

Yes I thought it would be similar minus the glycerine but my hair likes glycerin and other humectants so it ended up not moisturizing my hair. You might want to try avocado oil or avocado butter by itself if its on your list of things to try. Darcy's has another twisting cream with glycerin but I'm not going to take a chance on it, I'll just wait until Qhemet's comes out with their new twisting cream next month since their products haven't failed me yet.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 7th December 2010, 10:08 am

[quote="makeupvixenNow one of my shescentit butters came whipped but gritty. I know how shea butter works and I can normally emolisfy it in my hands by rubbing it together but it's not working. I just have little white balls that wont melt. I tried emailing the company and I just got an email about How Shea Butter works, I already know how shea butter works and I told them that it's still not melting, then they said that there is nothing that they can do about it.

One of my jars on KBB arrived opened and there was product all over the place. I wish they would have put tape around the lid and bottle like they normally do, but I guess they forgot.

So I'm not having a very good Black Friday product haul so far. Hopes it gets better.[/quote]

That really sucks makeupvixen, especially when they tell you that there's nothing they can do about it. I thought shea only turned gritty after melting? It's not hot enough for that...is it?

Has anyone gotten a shipping notice from Hairveda?

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 7th December 2010, 10:25 am

makeupvixen wrote:Finally I got my Shescentit, Darcy's, and KBB in. Still waiting on Qhemets.
I just tried the Avocado Honey on one side and the Avocado Plum on the other side of my hair. Don't really like it. I wet my hair with a spray bottle first and tried it, it didn't act right, too gummy I guess because I put bejaflornatural Hemp Seed Butter Cream on last night. So I rinsed everything out of my hair, did a co-wash and applied the Darcy's again on damp hair. Yeah UM NO, my hair is acting like there is no product in it at all, got puffy and frizzed on me. So I tried adding a little bit more, still not doing the trick.

Now this is super odd because I have fine, thin 4a hair and my hair doesn't normally react like that to any product unless I blow dryed it. So the verdit is still out in my Darcy's. I have to read some threads on how people are using their because I'm not liking it so far. I will have to get back with you guys on that one. Still haven't tried the poo bar from them or the madagascar vanilla styling cream yet.

(I am still recovering from a bad rhassoul clay mishap so my hair is kind of dry, maybe that doesn't help the Darcy's situation, I'm doing the baggy method everyday to recover and the KBB luscious locks treatment)

Now one of my shescentit butters came whipped but gritty. I know how shea butter works and I can normally emolisfy it in my hands by rubbing it together but it's not working. I just have little white balls that wont melt. I tried emailing the company and I just got an email about How Shea Butter works, I already know how shea butter works and I told them that it's still not melting, then they said that there is nothing that they can do about it.

One of my jars on KBB arrived opened and there was product all over the place. I wish they would have put tape around the lid and bottle like they normally do, but I guess they forgot.

So I'm not having a very good Black Friday product haul so far. Hopes it gets better.

Makeup Vixen call KBB and tell them what happened....Karen is very good and will more than likely send you a replacement!

EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 7th December 2010, 11:15 am

I ordered from Shescentit and I hope I don't have the same issue.. I did get her hair butter.. I just got my notification yesterday so It's on the way.. Still waiting on Koils by nature..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 7th December 2010, 11:39 am

I ordered the Seyani butter as well, Letha. Last time I ordered it over the summer so it was melted when it arrived. It was kinda gritty and didn't melt well (like makeupvixen described), but I like mine like that.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 7th December 2010, 1:15 pm

I got my the Donna Marie stuff in mail yesterday. Dream Curling Creme & Miracurl Gelly. I'm excited to do my hair today Laughing Though I have lots of options to choose from as far as styling products now thanks to my Black Friday Haul. Hope to get my Darcy B & Koils by Nature items this week.
Last Thursday I used Oyin Shine & Define to do my TwistnCurl and it came out lovely.

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 7th December 2010, 6:03 pm

If my stuff isn't sitting on my porch when I get home... Sad I'm sick of waiting. It should be here by now.

@Krazy - I sure wish my hair loved glycerin in the winter. It's wonderful in the summer, but so far no good in the cold.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 7th December 2010, 8:27 pm

Received my Mozeke stuff yesterday. So, I will give her hair masque and Babassu twisting creme a try. The twisting cream smells delightful. The hair masque has a nice thick consistency too. If anyone has tried any of these, feel free to chime in. If not, I will know personally Friday, won't I?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 7th December 2010, 8:33 pm

Woo Hoo! My Darcy's was on the porch when I got home!!! woot!

I like the smell of the Curling Cream Gel. Smells like Hawaiian Punch. Different, but different is cool.

I ordered the sweet cream scent for the Daily Leave-in and I swear I could drink it. This stuff smells so good. I'm disappointed that it's not in a spray bottle. I was expecting a spray bottle.

I'm not sure about this Curl Styling Cream leave-in. It's so thick. It's a heavy cream. What kind of leave-in is that? It looks more like a twisting butter. We'll see.

All of the products look heavy. I got the impression that Cindy the owner of Sage thought Darcy's was too heavy for my hair. When I approached it in her shop she redirected me. Now that I'm looking at it all I'm thinking she might have been right. Anywho we'll see. I'm still happy to have stuff to play with. Smile
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 7th December 2010, 8:47 pm

@Renny I have the same daily leave-in and it does smell great. I haven't even opened my curl cream gel or the curling style leave-in. I guess that I was just happy to get my package lol
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 8th December 2010, 1:09 am

I need a good twist cream..that is all I am looking for and then I would be straight..I believe I should just wait for qhemets. But what is out there that u guys would definitely suggest.
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 8th December 2010, 10:29 am

I have everything I ordered and if I get the chance.....Im in the middle of trying to move....Im going to wash and go or wash and braid using MiraCurl.

Wish me luck as it is FREEZING here so Im going to have to schedule time to sit under the dryer!!!

EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th December 2010, 10:31 am

Did anyone else ordered from Karens Body Beautiful beside me? I havent received anything from her. I'm still waiting on Hairveda too but at least they sent an email saying it would take 10-15 days to process my order.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 8th December 2010, 11:50 am

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Received my Mozeke stuff yesterday. So, I will give her hair masque and Babassu twisting creme a try. The twisting cream smells delightful. The hair masque has a nice thick consistency too. If anyone has tried any of these, feel free to chime in. If not, I will know personally Friday, won't I?

I have her masque.. The way I used mine was I was so tried from doing my Henna Treatment I just kept the Masque in all night while I slept and washed it out the next morning.. It didn't detangle like I thought it would maybe I should have added heat to my hair but my hair and NG was soft..

I got some more stuff from her she has this hair milk you can use 4 ways it is sooo thick.. I mostly use that as a moisturizer.. But on her site she has a recipe that you can mix with that hair milk and other things I think you can use it as a mist..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 8th December 2010, 1:36 pm

got my shipping confirmation for Shescentit today. Now just waiting on Hairveda. I havent used any of the stuff i ordered yet.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 8th December 2010, 1:53 pm

summerbreeze76 wrote:got my shipping confirmation for Shescentit today. Now just waiting on Hairveda. I havent used any of the stuff i ordered yet.

What did you get from HairVeda..? This is my 1st time ordering from Shescentit what have you tried from Shescentit?
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by mrspotts45 8th December 2010, 3:42 pm

I really hope my shescent it ships soon. No order confirmation yet....it still shows pending shipment.

I didnt order from any other places but now im wishing that id tried hairveda and Darcys. My hair is super thick and always thristy. maybe ill order a few samples to see what works best. I need anything with slip for this thickness : )
mrspotts45
mrspotts45

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 8th December 2010, 4:04 pm

letha wrote:
summerbreeze76 wrote:got my shipping confirmation for Shescentit today. Now just waiting on Hairveda. I havent used any of the stuff i ordered yet.

What did you get from HairVeda..? This is my 1st time ordering from Shescentit what have you tried from Shescentit?

I have never used Shescentit before. So i hope i like it.

From Hairveda i order the deep conditioner and the Cocasta Oil.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 8th December 2010, 4:41 pm

summerbreeze76 wrote:
letha wrote:

I have never used Shescentit before. So i hope i like it.

From Hairveda i order the deep conditioner and the Cocasta Oil.

OK well we will have to let each other know how we like Shescentit my 1st time also now HV I love their DC esp when I was relaxed now while transitioning I haven't used it that much used it once and didn't work the same for me but I plan to try it again that's if I have any of it left..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 8th December 2010, 5:44 pm

Finally got my Darcy B stuff today! I got the Eucalyptus Mint Scalp Butter , Deep Conditioning Mask, & the Avocado & Wild Plum Twisting Cream (glycerine free). I figured I might as well have it on hand is case my hair does end up not liking glycerine this winter. The other two smell fine, but the Twisting Cream does not smell like anything to me.Well, actually just like aloe vera juice cause thats the first ingredient but thats it... oh well. at least its not offensive! I got my Koils By Nature shipment confirmation email today too. Dang, cause that what I wanted the most. I'm sure its worth the wait!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsSunshinz 8th December 2010, 6:51 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Did anyone else ordered from Karens Body Beautiful beside me? I havent received anything from her. I'm still waiting on Hairveda too but at least they sent an email saying it would take 10-15 days to process my order.

I ordered kbb n received my order on yesterday. I didn't receive an email with shipping confirmation. I ordered 2 hair butters
MrsSunshinz
MrsSunshinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th December 2010, 7:05 pm

MrsSunshinz wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Did anyone else ordered from Karens Body Beautiful beside me? I havent received anything from her. I'm still waiting on Hairveda too but at least they sent an email saying it would take 10-15 days to process my order.

I ordered kbb n received my order on yesterday. I didn't receive an email with shipping confirmation. I ordered 2 hair butters

I still havent gotten mine Mad I ordered a hair butter and a body butter. I just want to know the status of my order. Is that too much to ask?! confused I understand that small business make the product when it's ordered...I dont mind waiting but at least communicate with me....let me know when to expect my order. Neutral
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsSunshinz 8th December 2010, 7:35 pm

I completely understand your frustration Lynne!!! Customer service means alot when you are spending your hard earned money!!!
MrsSunshinz
MrsSunshinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 8th December 2010, 8:40 pm

@Lynn - It's coming! Smile
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 8th December 2010, 8:43 pm

My Donna Marie's came today. Lordy I love me some buttercreme scents. This Dream Curling Creme smells and looks like you could stick a spoon in it. The Moisture Mist smells yummy too.

Okay, so now I have all this product and I'm protective styling. Yes, I am ladies. I'm so proud of myself for twisting and tucking my ends in all week.
They should have the Black Friday sale for natural hair products in April. sunny
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next