CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Friday

+36
mokacoffey
freckledmom4
ethomasFL
yacoomba
mrspotts45
Shrinkage
FalconTress
TwistedKurlzz
EMarie
hatdiva7566
agdst
summerbreeze76
blackice82
cyclingchick
Neems
NhappyJackie
LaNatural
annedrea
MrsSunshinz
Tmochava
Carolinagurl
ciara89
NaptownCurls
chocolatediva
letha
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Fleur
makeupvixen
Thinice
Renny
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
naturallynola
40 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Black Friday - Page 7 Empty Re: Black Friday

Post by Renny 26th November 2010, 12:07 pm

@Twisted - Ha, ha - got us both right. I ordered the Curl Styling Leave-In too. Figured what the heck I was getting the Curling Cream for free. Gosh, I'm such a PJ. I'm not buying anything else. I did reup on my conditioning mask, that was a must and I also purchased her Daily Leave-In. I'm looking forward to trying that.

I didn't try any of the twisting butters or cremes. I kept looking at the ingredients and thinking they look too heavy for me, so I decided to wait until I visit Sage and test them on naked hair.

What did you buy?
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 26th November 2010, 12:17 pm

I bought the same thing that you did except I already have the mask and daily leave in lol. I have a few of her other products as well as the Qhemets AOHC, so I think that I am finished buying products for a while (I hope) lol

TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th November 2010, 12:51 pm

Qhemet changed the time on the site now!!! THEY AINT SLICK!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatediva 26th November 2010, 2:59 pm

I have plenty of AOHC should I get the burdock for the summer? or the Honey balm or Pomade? or is the AOHC is enough..
chocolatediva
chocolatediva

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 26th November 2010, 3:10 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Qhemet changed the time on the site now!!! THEY AINT SLICK!!!

I was just looking at that and it has really pissed me off. They havent even issued an apology. That is poor business etiquette. They need to acknowledge what happened.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by blackice82 26th November 2010, 3:35 pm

Sorry to hear about the Qhemet website. I wasn't planning on buying anything from them. Hopefully it was worth it Very Happy
blackice82
blackice82

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 26th November 2010, 5:53 pm

Qhemet

FYI- Get it today unless you want to wait until mid-January.

This is posted on the site:

Order intake will be suspended from 11/27 - mid January. All products will appear as "out of stock" until we reopen. Order shipping will begin on 11/29.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrinkage 27th November 2010, 4:40 am

I mean I know they are a small run company, but they were already close for weeks prior to BF, and now to close the day after and for almost two months (holiday months and cold weather months), is a bit much. I mean I'm sure they could plan it so as to not be out of service for that long...sheesh.
Shrinkage
Shrinkage

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 27th November 2010, 8:26 am

Shrinkage wrote:I mean I know they are a small run company, but they were already close for weeks prior to BF, and now to close the day after and for almost two months (holiday months and cold weather months), is a bit much. I mean I'm sure they could plan it so as to not be out of service for that long...sheesh.

I'm thinking they're doing this to get all of the BF orders out (IDK) but they may have gotten in a lot of orders with the new product that just came out. Plus they are releasing another new product in January so they may be closed so long to get ready to release the new twisting cream in January.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by blackice82 27th November 2010, 10:32 am

Just an FYI
Darcy will be closed until Dec 12th to process all of there BF orders. So everything will be out of stock until they reopen
blackice82
blackice82

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 27th November 2010, 12:39 pm

Lots of hair care options out here!! I decided to go with one site for BF: Mozeke had 25% - 33% off all her items, including samples. There were no minimum purchases, discount prices were posted with the item (no codes to apply), and the shipping was only $5.50. For 3 items, including a deep conditioning hair masque, I spent an "out the door price" of $26.01. Her price point is so cheap. Her ingredients are comparable or, in some cases, more "exotic" than the pricey products, I saw and heard several good reviews, especially about the hair masque. Hopefully, my hair agrees. I like the idea of patronizing a small, female owned business whose prices will garner her a decent profit and not put a hole in my wallet. If you haven't heard or tried her products, take a look at what she has. This may sound like a commercial, but it isn't. I don't know her.

Last edited by naturalnolagirl1900 on 27th November 2010, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word change important to the sentence.)

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 27th November 2010, 2:13 pm

I agree, her prices are very reasonable. Did you get the Whipped Avocado cream?

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 27th November 2010, 2:43 pm

Whipped Avocado Cream? Hmmmm....let me go take a look at that site. I may add it to my "to buy" list in Feb. or Mar. Right now, I'm getting into Lavera's Vegan conditioners.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by mrspotts45 27th November 2010, 2:49 pm

I only purchased from shescentit.
I used the FB code for 30% off

Got my Banana Brulee and Marula Hemp Hair Butter
mrspotts45
mrspotts45

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 27th November 2010, 3:35 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Lots of hair care options out here!! I decided to go with one site for BF: Mozeke had 25% - 33% off all her items, including samples. There were no minimum purchases, discount prices were posted with the item (no codes to apply), and the shipping was only $5.50. For 3 items, including a deep conditioning hair masque, I spent an "out the door price" of $26.01. Her price point is so cheap. Her ingredients are comparable or, in some cases, more "exotic" than the pricey products, I saw and heard several good reviews, especially about the hair masque. Hopefully, my hair agrees. I like the idea of patronizing a small, female owned business whose prices will garner her a decent profit and not put a hole in my wallet. If you haven't heard or tried her products, take a look at what she has. This may sound like a commercial, but it isn't. I don't know her.
Do you know when the checkout/the site will begin taking orders again? I tried putting a couple of items in my cart and they wouldn't go..finally there was a message popping up stating: Checkout is disable and the store is offline. I wanted to try some sample sizes of the Avocado Cream and DT Masque.
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 27th November 2010, 3:49 pm

LaToya- I did not get the whipped avocado cream. I thought about it, but decided to go with the Babassu Twisting Cream instead. I saw more positive reviews on the Babassu.

Mrs. Spotts - Plz report back on the marula hemp butter

Yacoomba - I don't remember her saying when she would resume order taking. I just know the site went down after 7pm last night (end of her BF sale)

Fleur - I took a peek at the Lavera site and looks good. I didn't thoroughly study it, but I like how they offer some sample opportunities and how they have a skin care and hair line.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 27th November 2010, 4:05 pm

[quote="naturalnolagirl1900"]LaToya- I did not get the whipped avocado cream. I thought about it, but decided to go with the Babassu Twisting Cream instead. I saw more positive reviews on the Babassu.

I'm glad you didn't! Remember I told you that I gave mine away? Well my friend used it and said that it burned her scalp! And that's when I remembered that others on naturallycurly.com had complained about that as well. I'm not sure which ingredient causes the burning, but that's really strange.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 27th November 2010, 4:10 pm

[quote="LaToya28"]
naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:LaToya- I did not get the whipped avocado cream. I thought about it, but decided to go with the Babassu Twisting Cream instead. I saw more positive reviews on the Babassu.

I'm glad you didn't! Remember I told you that I gave mine away? Well my friend used it and said that it burned her scalp! And that's when I remembered that others on naturallycurly.com had complained about that as well. I'm not sure which ingredient causes the burning, but that's really strange.

Ok, scratch that from the list! LOL
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 27th November 2010, 4:42 pm

[quote="LaToya28"]
naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:LaToya- I did not get the whipped avocado cream. I thought about it, but decided to go with the Babassu Twisting Cream instead. I saw more positive reviews on the Babassu.

What the samheezy! Suspect lol; well I'm kindof glad the item wouldn't actually get in my cart then...lord knows I don't need no scabby stories reminiscent of relaxer days! Dang Toya- you were just going to let a sister scalp get cremated with no warning huh! I guess that's what curly friends are for j/k lol!

Last edited by yacoomba on 27th November 2010, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added in my second post)
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 27th November 2010, 4:56 pm

Mrs. Spotts - Plz report back on the marula hemp butter

Yacoomba - I don't remember her saying when she would resume order taking. I just know the site went down after 7pm last night (end of her BF sale)

Fleur - I took a peek at the Lavera site and looks good. I didn't thoroughly study it, but I like how they offer some sample opportunities and how they have a skin care and hair line.

Thank You, I'll check back.....
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 27th November 2010, 9:43 pm

OYIN is so on it. I got my package today. Burnt Sugar Pomade. Now just waiting on Qhemets, Darcy's and Shescenit.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 27th November 2010, 10:09 pm

Wow! Oyin is really on it! Qhemet's is getting to me. I love the product and ordered early on that morning, (even after we got the shaft during the 1st hour of the sale). I decided to go back and order a few samples for my niece who is also natural. After I ordered them, I browsed the site which informed me that shipping is on a first come first serve basis. It stated that if the customer ordered later on during the sale, the products may not arrive for several weeks! What. The. _____. Shocked So, it's possible that I may not see my secondary purchases for a looooong time. Rolling Eyes I know it's a small business, it is continuously growing in the hair care world due to good word-of-mouth based on the quality of their products. They need to adjust their business in order to efficiently handle supply and demand.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th November 2010, 10:43 pm

@ summerbreeze - I bet everyone in the DMV area are gonna get their packages first.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ethomasFL 28th November 2010, 1:43 am

wow, i just found on the Qhemet's website that they have a few retailers and one is in my area in FL, I think I might go out there tomorrow and see what they have available from Qhemet....I have to do some product review searching to see what everyone recommends first....

I appreciate everyone posting the information for black friday, I only shopped at Oyin (my 1st time) since I've heard such good reviews about the honey conditioner and burnt sugar. But I'm happy to give these products a try and see how they work for my hair!
ethomasFL
ethomasFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th November 2010, 1:57 am

@ ethomasFL - This is my first purchase from Qhemets. For every 10 reviews I've read, 9 curlies recommend the Alma and Olive Heavy Cream....especially if you have thick hair.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next