CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Qhemet Biologics

+14
curly+kinky+fierce
boingboing
Miz B
jad928
MeekMonique
yokiedokie
mediumbrowngirl
Moni
Blackbeauty
NubieNatty
BreezyBaby
crvng4mr
loveself247
traveljunkie08
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Qhemet Biologics Empty Qhemet Biologics

Post by traveljunkie08 13th November 2009, 2:06 pm

Hey Ladies,

So, in my quest for the perfect moisturizer, I've of course heard a lot about Qhemet Biologics. I was just looking at their website, and they aren't accepting orders in preparation for a Black Friday sale. Does anyone know anything about the Black Friday sale? Are the products heavily discounted or something?

Also, other than the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, what other products would you recommend from this brand?

Thanks!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Qhemet Biologics Empty Re: Qhemet Biologics

Post by loveself247 13th November 2009, 2:18 pm

@traveljunkie08,,,not sure about Black Friday Sale. I ordered products two weeks ago and I just got mine in the mail yesterday. I purchased the Burdock Root Butter Cream and the Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm. I heard good things about them. I tried it on my hair last night when I did my bantu knots so I will know how it works when I take it down today. I will keep you posted on the product.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 13th November 2009, 6:55 pm

I also have the Detangling Ghee, which I love. From what I hear it is a great sale i.e. BOGO.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 13th November 2009, 10:19 pm

Ohh, if it's BOGO, I'm definitely ordering some stuff!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by BreezyBaby 14th November 2009, 12:19 am

The Black Friday sale will be a 20% off sale
BreezyBaby
BreezyBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th November 2009, 12:49 am

i just peeped their site and have my wish list set for honeybush tea soft gel and castor n moringa softening serum, how are their moisturizing creams?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 14th November 2009, 5:22 pm

Thanks Breezy! I was just put on to Qhemet so I only was going by what I read from others on another forum.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 14th November 2009, 10:27 pm

I have the Amla heavy cream that I got in a lucky swap...but Im confused on how to use it. Or what to use it with.
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 14th November 2009, 11:18 pm

You can use it as a conditioner or as a moisturizer or as a pre-poo overnight. I like it as a pre-poo and a moisturizer. I use it with twist or braids. HTH
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 15th November 2009, 3:12 am

The burdock root body cream is the best moisturizer I've ever used. It keeps my hair soft and moisturized for days at a time. I've tried to find other stuff in stores that's better, but nothing matches it.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by mediumbrowngirl 15th November 2009, 12:01 pm

Hi ladies!
Thought I'd jump on this thread and ask if anyone experienced any scalp irritation when first using these products? I started getting what felt like irritated hair bumps along my scalp and hairline.
Is it one of those things where it gets worse before it gets better? If anyone has had a similar experience but kept using, how long did it take for your scalp to get back to normal?

mediumbrowngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 15th November 2009, 12:05 pm

Haven't experienced that. What kind of styles are you using or are you sure it's the Qhemet? Sorry that you are going through this.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by mediumbrowngirl 15th November 2009, 12:29 pm

I got samples for the cocoa detangling ghee, burdock root and the amla cream. Tried them once on a twist out and to help manage my new growth while transitioning (BC-ing today, yippee!) most days, I wore a wash n go and applied a bit to front and sides to make the textures blend after leaving in a bit of giovanni conditioner for slip.

I really liked how it softened my hair -even the relaxed ends responded well. Guess I'm just a weirdo Sad

mediumbrowngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 15th November 2009, 2:09 pm

@mediumbrowngirl: Maybe you're allergic to an ingredient in the products? That's the first thing that came to mind.

So ladies, I see that they sell Qhemet at a store in Brooklyn, so I'm going to get the Burdock Root Cream, and the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream when I go to NYC later this week. If I like it enough, then maybe I'll go ahead and order more with the 20% off sale. Excited to finally try it. Hope one of them is the moisturizer I've been looking for!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by mediumbrowngirl 15th November 2009, 10:34 pm

Unfortunately, you're prob right.

Regardless of that, I thought they were all really great and super moisturizing. I found that the Detangling Ghee works really well as a leave-in on my 3c/4a. Hope you like them!

mediumbrowngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by yokiedokie 16th November 2009, 1:43 am

I have a lot of their products. I really like the detangling ghee (for conditioning and as a leave in). It is one of the best conditioners I have every used. It has a nice cocoa smell and I use it as a leave in for twists and other styles.

The Burdock root cream and the amla and olive heavy cream are great moisturizers for twists and twists out. My other fav product is the olive and honey hydrating balm to define my curls and keep them super soft.
yokiedokie
yokiedokie

https://www.facebook.com/ystrachan

Back to top Go down

Post by MeekMonique 18th November 2009, 2:46 pm

I've tried 3 products:
AOHC....don't remember enough about it to review
BRBC....Still using it, still loving it, very moisturizing!!!
OHHB...Still using it, still loving it, very moisturizing!!!

I use them for twists and throughout the week I rub some in my hairline all around, because that's where the band from my satin bonnet touches...and I think it dries it out some.
MeekMonique
MeekMonique

http://fotki.com/RoyalEmpress2

Back to top Go down

Post by jad928 19th November 2009, 3:01 pm

I love the Burdock root creme. It is the best moisturizer by far that I have found. I scrunch some in my hair at night before I go to be. My hair stay mosit and soft. The hydrating balm is a proudct like no other. It looks scary but it is rally a great sealer and definer it leave my hair soft and shiny for days!!!! I have not tried the detangling ghee so I may give that a try for the sale along with the others.
jad928
jad928

Back to top Go down

Post by jad928 19th November 2009, 3:01 pm

I love the Burdock root creme. It is the best moisturizer by far that I have found. I scrunch some in my hair at night before I go to be. My hair stay mosit and soft. The hydrating balm is a proudct like no other. It looks scary but it is rally a great sealer and definer it leave my hair soft and shiny for days!!!! I have not tried the detangling ghee so I may give that a try for the sale along with the others.
jad928
jad928

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 20th November 2009, 6:10 pm

I have the amla heavy cream, I've mainly just used it to sleek my edges down. I hear it's great to seal the ends with too.
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by boingboing 22nd November 2009, 1:16 am

my favorite is the olive and honey hydrating balm i use it on wet or dry hair works wonders if your hair likes olive oil i say go for it

boingboing

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 22nd November 2009, 7:34 pm

So ladies, I was able to go to Brooklyn to get the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and the Burdock Root Butter Cream. I REALLY like the Amla & Olive...the consistency in particular. I can't wait to get home and try it on freshly washed hair. I'll definitely order some other stuff for the Black Friday sale. I want to get the detangling ghee, hydrating balm and honeybush gel (I think that's what it's called).
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Qhemet Biologics Empty detangling ghee

Post by yokiedokie 24th November 2009, 12:35 am

Does anyone use the Cocoa Tree detangling ghee as a deep treatment with heat? I really like this condish and I would like to know how others use it, besides just as a detangler.
yokiedokie
yokiedokie

https://www.facebook.com/ystrachan

Back to top Go down

Post by MeekMonique 26th November 2009, 2:10 am

loveself247 wrote:@traveljunkie08,,,not sure about Black Friday Sale. I ordered products two weeks ago and I just got mine in the mail yesterday. I purchased the Burdock Root Butter Cream and the Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm. I heard good things about them. I tried it on my hair last night when I did my bantu knots so I will know how it works when I take it down today. I will keep you posted on the product.

Uncle Funky's Daughter Salon & Boutique here in Houston sells Qhemet Biologics. Save money on shipping and leave with your products next time. Smile
MeekMonique
MeekMonique

http://fotki.com/RoyalEmpress2

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 26th November 2009, 2:23 pm

Love the thread! This other natural at work was talking about these products and this was on my wish list of things to get...Im def going to try the brand...

So if you ladies had to pick 3 of their products what would it be??
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next