CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Friday

+36
mokacoffey
freckledmom4
ethomasFL
yacoomba
mrspotts45
Shrinkage
FalconTress
TwistedKurlzz
EMarie
hatdiva7566
agdst
summerbreeze76
blackice82
cyclingchick
Neems
NhappyJackie
LaNatural
annedrea
MrsSunshinz
Tmochava
Carolinagurl
ciara89
NaptownCurls
chocolatediva
letha
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Fleur
makeupvixen
Thinice
Renny
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
naturallynola
40 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Black Friday Empty Black Friday

Post by naturallynola 20th October 2010, 7:48 pm

I wasn't in the natural hair world last year and was wondering about sales from the favs like Qhemet, Darcy's Botanicals, KBB, Hariveda, etc. Just trying to get an idea since there are some things I would like to try, but might wait. I'm interested in your experiences. Do you have to get up at 0 dark 30 to buy before they sellout? On average, what are the discounts, 10%,15%, etc. Is shipping free on some of these deals? Just trying to do some planning. Thanks for your input.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Black Friday Empty Re: Black Friday

Post by Lynnieluve 20th October 2010, 7:59 pm

I will definitely be watching this thread!!! Laughing

I want to get my hands on some Qhemets!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 20th October 2010, 8:40 pm

Each company will list a time of when there sale will start, for example it may start at 7 or 8 in the morning. I am not aware of them selling out but usually the first orders that go through are processed and shipped first. The orders later in the day are the ones which may end up taking longer to ship, sometimes a two - three week waiting period.

Most of the companies offer anywhere from 15-20%, and usually if your order is over a certain amount say 60-70 dollars the shipping is free. I don't know if the free shipping will change with the Black Friday sale. Try to go ahead and sign up to receive email or a newsletter from the ones you want to order from because they will be sending them out of when the sale will start and the amount of the discounts. Also some of them require a code at checkout which is included in the email to get the discount.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 20th October 2010, 8:45 pm

Krazy coils - I'm on it! Thank you

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th October 2010, 9:08 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Krazy coils - I'm on it! Thank you

Me too!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 20th October 2010, 9:58 pm

Me too. I want to try Qhemets also.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 20th October 2010, 10:08 pm

I concur...I want to try Qhemets too
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 20th October 2010, 10:11 pm

And Uncle Funky's Daughter, Oyin and OHM. What don't I want to try. I've already signed up on five websites. I'm going to have to sell some books to save up for my shopping. Very Happy
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th October 2010, 10:13 pm

Renny wrote:And Uncle Funky's Daughter, Oyin and OHM. What don't I want to try. I've already signed up on five websites. I'm going to have to sell some books to save up for my shopping. Very Happy

I forgot about Uncle Funky's Daughter. I have been wanting to try their extra butter.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 20th October 2010, 10:50 pm

I already have my list of stuff I want.

Oyin honey wash (might get a good deal from curlmart.com but don't know)
Darcy's Avocado... anything, anything with avocado in it, my hair loves it
HairVeda Green Tea moisturizer, I just want to try a small jar.

I want to gift my mom some Qhemets for Christmas so if they have the best sale I will skip the above and just buy my mom her gifts. I just got another free $50 Visa Gift card from Mypoints.com and I'm saving it for the Black Friday Sale.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 20th October 2010, 11:01 pm

So far, I'm just interested in the DB Cupuacu Butter Pomade, DB Coils Curling Jelly, and the Qhemet Karkady Mist. I probably won't buy the Qhemet, but I'm definitely buying the Darcy's.

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 20th October 2010, 11:17 pm

Makeupvixen, since you love avocado everything, do you use avocado butter or avocado oil? I've been wondering about them?

I forgot about Oyin. Guess, I will go sign up there too.

Well, one "veda" missing on this Black Friday wish list discussion. lol

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 21st October 2010, 2:01 am

I'll be stalking this thread as well. I ordered and received my Qhemet Burdock Root Creme, Amla creme, and Honeybush gel and let me tell you, they are the truth!!!! I was prepared to be disappointed, but the shine and slip were out of this world. If the company has a Black Friday sale for these items, at 11:59 pm I'll be glued to my computer with my Starbucks in one hand, and my credit card in the other, waiting to buy up as much as I can.

ETA: The Amla creme is kind of heavy for me, but it really does moisturize. Seriously, you need to tap your finger in it and that's enough to use on a twist, lol.

Last edited by fleur_nouvelle on 21st October 2010, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More information)
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 21st October 2010, 2:23 am

i cant wait!!! i already got my wish list ready on ghemet!! I got the sample size AOHC a couple weeks ago, and im sold i want everything!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 21st October 2010, 3:59 am

Yes Rayray, I have been watching your comments on the Qhemet products. The reviews are sweet. So I ordered them on Monday. Will be waiting a while, I hear, based on the reviews on shipping time. confused But Lynnie let me say no to the Uncle Funky's butter. I have it and its not for me. Not impressive at all, hence my drive for the ultimate moiturizer. And based on the rave reviews of the olive and amla heavy cream and other things from QH, I believe i have finally found it..I will send you the butter from Uncle funky's if you would like it Smile
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st October 2010, 8:12 am

jeanlouisangel wrote:Yes Rayray, I have been watching your comments on the Qhemet products. The reviews are sweet. So I ordered them on Monday. Will be waiting a while, I hear, based on the reviews on shipping time. confused But Lynnie let me say no to the Uncle Funky's butter. I have it and its not for me. Not impressive at all, hence my drive for the ultimate moiturizer. And based on the rave reviews of the olive and amla heavy cream and other things from QH, I believe i have finally found it..I will send you the butter from Uncle funky's if you would like it Smile

I will be more than happy to test it out. LOL!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 21st October 2010, 8:26 am

I'll be watching this thread as well.

So far I have Komaza's Shea Butter Lotion and Califia Moisturizing Cream on my wishlist. I ordered some samples and they are great! I also have some Qhemet samples so if I like those then I'll order from them. I think that's it for now.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 21st October 2010, 8:41 am

I want it all.. Embarassed Who ever is having a sale I want a little bit or everything.. See that is a true PJ.. Laughing

I most certaintly want to try some more of Darcy's products she has some new stuff out also.. Qhemets I have heard nothing but great things about this line.. I do want to try that Honey and Something can't rember the name.

Shescentit
Treasured Locks (have this thermal protectant I love)
Komaza

I am off that Wednesday b4 Thanksgiving and I plan to do like most of you ladies be at the computer right at 12:00 because I know I am hitting the stores soon after that.. lol around 4am or I might stay home..

letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 21st October 2010, 9:20 am

Oh, I forgot to mention that Qhemet is coming out with a new DC...hopefully it'll be available for BF. I'll definitely be getting that.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 21st October 2010, 1:16 pm

Well, with all this buying that will take place on BF, at least there will be plenty sway opportunities also! When I signed up for Oyin, they sent a 5% discount coupon. That will pay for shipping, I guess. LOL

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 21st October 2010, 1:16 pm

Swap, not sway

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 22nd October 2010, 10:49 am

Can someone tell me if they are aware of Anita Grant having Black Friday specials. If so, did you order something and what did you think? And generally speaking, who has any experiences, good or bad with her products? If she has a sale, that would help defray shipping charges and the not so kind conversion rate!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd October 2010, 11:00 am

LaToya28 wrote:Oh, I forgot to mention that Qhemet is coming out with a new DC...hopefully it'll be available for BF. I'll definitely be getting that.

Don't tell me that (lol)! I already love the products now they're adding a deep conditioner?! I can't wait.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 22nd October 2010, 11:14 am

Krazy coils -- did you think you could get off that easy and not tell more! More details plz about what you tried, how it worked... I posed a question to her yesterday, when I receive her response, I will post

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd October 2010, 12:48 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Krazy coils -- did you think you could get off that easy and not tell more! More details plz about what you tried, how it worked... I posed a question to her yesterday, when I receive her response, I will post

I've tried the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm, Burdock Root Butter Cream and the Honeybrush Tea Soft Gel. I use the Amla Heavy cream and the Olive and Honey Hydrating balm together to moisturize and style for twists. I also use the Amla heavy cream by itself to do an overnight baggy treatment when my hair is really dry and it can be used as a deep conditioner also. The Burdock Root butter cream is a lighter version of the Amla heavy cream so if some people think the Amla cream is too thick or heavy for their hair this is a better alternative. I used the Honeybrush Tea gel more when I first bc'd and I was wearing wash n gos. Its really light and not crunchy like other gels. Now I just add a little of this when I want more definition to my twists.

I am definitely repurchasing the AOHC because it is a mulit-purpose product and the Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm because both add a lot of moisture to my hair.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next