CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanna talk about hair and anything else

+5
aduke1989
naturallychelsea
curlya
naturally yours
jazzwife
9 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Wanna talk about hair and anything else - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanna talk about hair and anything else

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 6th November 2010, 10:54 pm

Cute!!!
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Wanna talk about hair and anything else - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanna talk about hair and anything else

Post by naturallychelsea 6th November 2010, 10:57 pm

thnx kik wat've you been up to with your hair?
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 7th November 2010, 1:40 pm

nothing yet, which is why I joined this site a few days ago, all I know is to still blow dry and flat iron, then I usually wrap so I don't have to keep putting heat on it...so I came here to learn about products and styles I could try. Funds are low right now so I can't go out and BUY everything I would like to, but this week I am going to try to get a few items so that I can try some twist outs or some braid outs....any basics that you would say I get, that are at everyday stores (I'm in a more rural area so now Sally close by) mostly just CVS, Walgreen, Walmart type stores....HELP!! LOL
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 7th November 2010, 6:44 pm

Well Nikki uses wash out conditioners as stylers for her hair. I think she uses yes to cucumbers/carrots, herbal essence conditioners, and Aussie to name a few. Also I know some ladies highly reccomend the organic root stimulator, Shea moisture and cantu shea butter lines. Also, pure raw Shea butter or oils like olive, coconut, jojoba and castor are good sealers.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 8th November 2010, 10:32 am

Thanks, gonna have to check into those!!!
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 11:40 am

Yesterday I did a half BC I cut off the relaxed ends of the hair in the back of my head. I only did the back cuz I'm so impulsive but I don't have time to style a whole head of natural hair. So if all goes well the BC date is set for Sunday.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 8th November 2010, 12:49 pm

Well go head then miss lady!!! Those curls were too cute!!!
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 1:19 pm

lol kiki I just finished cutting more of my hair!!! I'm going to end up leaving the house with alternating patches of short twists and long relaxed hair Neutral
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 8th November 2010, 1:59 pm

Laughing
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 8th November 2010, 3:47 pm

@ Chelsea, I am SO envious that you BC'd the back, it looks FABULOUS. It's great, just because it is one continuous, luscious, thickness throughout your twist - not just wonderful thickness, then limp, scraggliness!!!!! (Is my jealousy showing)? I can't wait to see your mixed styles!

At Kiki (may I call you that, too?), CVS has great deals on many of the staples already mentioned. If you know how to play the CVS game, you can pay close to nothing for your Aussies, HE's, etc... If you go to www.knsfinancial.com and search for 'CVS' you can see some of our hauls and how we did it! Girl, I got a lot of my pj fixes for pennies!
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 8th November 2010, 3:53 pm

@Jazzwife...yes you may call me KiKi too!! LOL

thanks for the info, I am definitely gonna hit up CVS soon, and when I do my first ever twist or braid out you ladies will be the first to SEE the results!! LOL
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 4:31 pm

Yahh go kiki

I keep cutting more of my hair and twisting it. Its like half done now but I'm kinda getting scared that I won't be able to style it right. Pray for me I'm going for the scissors to chop some more and we'll c what happens. Might not style till tomorrow but at least I'll be all natural. woot!
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 8th November 2010, 4:37 pm

cheers
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 6:00 pm

The BC is coming along guys:

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 8th November 2010, 6:16 pm

Wow! It is coming along!!! Cool Beans!!! Awesome!
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 11:35 pm

I'm done!! Yahh woot!
Pics of BC:

but to be honest I don't like the twists. The front is unraveling as the hair there is looser and it was just cut so... My hair is uneven. The back hangs looser than the front and one side is longer than the other. I have officially joined the ranks of naturals who complain about such things. Yahhh!!!

Tomorrow I'll wake up bright and early to unravel these twist to c if I can salvage this mess and if not a puff it is but in this weather I'm dreading that.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 8th November 2010, 11:45 pm

well at least the BC is done and over with....still transitioning for me....one day though!!
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 9th November 2010, 12:00 am

I knw now I can concentrate on growing and keeping it healthy.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 9th November 2010, 12:08 am

OK... I will stop pouting to say congrats Chels! Despite all the complaints, like you acknowledged, atleast it's all natural :-) I can't wait for you to wake up and embraced your first full natural day. Based on the 2 (yes ONLY 2) really long term transitioners I've found on YT - I think I want to get close to 2 years. As jealous as I am, though, I am not sure I can hold out for that long!
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 9th November 2010, 9:18 am

I knw wat you mean JW I was going for 18 months but I got impatient.
I have unravelled the twists and put my hair in a puff. It looks good and I'm excited to showcase my new hair. I'm a lil self conscience but fake it till you make it right.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyStacie 9th November 2010, 11:34 am

Oh wow. Your hair looks good, Chelsea.

NaturallyStacie

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 9th November 2010, 6:41 pm

Thnx guys for all your support. I felt so weird this morning but everyone loved it and kept playing in my hair!!!

So here are the pics of my first style (or second if you count the twists):

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 10th November 2010, 2:11 am

It looks beautiful Chelsea!! That's the one thing, I don't know about having people touching my hair - haha. It looks really great, though, I am surprised you can keep your own hands out of it!
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 10th November 2010, 9:05 am

I can't jw I keep fluffing it. It'll be a surprise if it lasts till Thursday (wash day). Now I can sing like the muppet on sesame street " I love my hair "
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 10th November 2010, 11:35 pm

AWESOME!! That looks so darn cute!!!!
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next