CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanna talk about hair and anything else

+5
aduke1989
naturallychelsea
curlya
naturally yours
jazzwife
9 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Wanna talk about hair and anything else - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanna talk about hair and anything else

Post by naturallychelsea 26th October 2010, 10:28 pm

whats your mix jw and good luck?!
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Wanna talk about hair and anything else - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanna talk about hair and anything else

Post by jazzwife 26th October 2010, 10:45 pm

I did 16 oz shea, 2 oz aloe vera (has a preservative), 4 oz EVCO, 2 tbls jojoba, 2 tbls grapeseed, 2 tbls glycerin, 2 tbls distilled water, and a couple drops peppermint oil as a preservative. Used the food processor, it came out great, smells great :-) The hubby needed a new face cream too, so I have enough for hair and body :-)
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 27th October 2010, 5:37 pm

hey jw I'm really impressed with your mixture and I thought I'd share it with a friend.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 27th October 2010, 5:41 pm

Awh thank you but I really don't deserve any credit, I took MOST of it from ninapruitt on youtube. Her hair is fabulous, and I liked it because she didn't melt hers like most people do. My hair feels really, really good. I think the recipe is a keeper. It yielded A LOT too! I should be set for a while!
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 2nd November 2010, 9:04 pm

Don't you just hate when you put so much time and effort into your hair and it just doesn't portray that.
I came home feeling sick and tired on Friday and settled in for a little nap. When I woke up like 2 hours later I was bored so I took my sweet time and crushed bananas and mixed it with HEHH, aussie, olive oil, mayo and an egg. I was having a moment of pure dumbness because I proceeded to apply it before washing my hair. Once I realized that I figured it could work as my preepoo.

After ALL of this work I found my hair to be dryer than usual when washing. It wasn't terribly noticeabe but usually when I DC after washing my hair it melts in my hands i.e no tangles and my curls pop like lil kim's lip gloss. Plus there were lil bits of banana in it and it was kinda dry.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But on the other hand my hair was freshly washed and very curly so I bunned it and my waves were popping. At church I got quite a few compliments Very Happy
after Church so a lil frizzy

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 2nd November 2010, 9:12 pm

At NC - did you bun it wet and how did you bun it, did you do the sock? I am trying to find different ways to do my buns.
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 2nd November 2010, 9:40 pm

I put my hair in a pony whilst wet and don a scarf (for the waves it creates) leaving my ends out to dry. I usually end up sleeping on it. In the morning I put a small scrunchy then a larger one around my pony and fan my hair out around it. I then put a small hair band over it and tuck my hair under.
That sparkly thing was a headband that I wrapped around it.

I usually bun my hair when the ends are dry because my ends are so thin it would be impossible otherwise.

Oh another way to do the bun would be to use a rat tail comb to tuck a small piece of hair under the scrunchy and continue tucking the rest of the hair to the left or right of that original piece going around the bun so the bun comes out slightly swirled (if that makes sense).

HTH hun Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 2nd November 2010, 11:44 pm

naturallychelsea wrote:I put my hair in a pony whilst wet and don a scarf (for the waves it creates) leaving my ends out to dry. I usually end up sleeping on it. In the morning I put a small scrunchy then a larger one around my pony and fan my hair out around it. I then put a small hair band over it and tuck my hair under.
That sparkly thing was a headband that I wrapped around it.

I usually bun my hair when the ends are dry because my ends are so thin it would be impossible otherwise.

Oh another way to do the bun would be to use a rat tail comb to tuck a small piece of hair under the scrunchy and continue tucking the rest of the hair to the left or right of that original piece going around the bun so the bun comes out slightly swirled (if that makes sense).

HTH hun Very Happy

It certainly does help, thank you very much! Very Happy The only thing I am afraid of in bunning on wet hair is that the middle of my head is going to get dry and itchy really fast (even with extra attention to moisturize that area). Your bun turned out beautifully! And I am also loving the waves Cool

I also know what you mean about taking a lot of precious time with your hair and it doesn't work out like you planned! I've had a lot of those moments lately - especially that twisting and braiding fiasco recently, haha. I can't wait to get it braided so I don't have to fuss over it for a little while at least. I am hoping I can last 4 weeks -- sometimes I just can't.

If you don't mind me asking, what church do you go to. I notice a lot of women on here do go to church and I always wonder...
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 3rd November 2010, 8:44 am

Well my aunt is Adventist so I usually follow her to her church called Immanuel. I really love it there. The people are friendly and I love playing with the cute kids. And best of all it starts and ends ON TIME.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 4th November 2010, 5:42 pm

Yahhh!! My question of the day is on CN today Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 4th November 2010, 6:27 pm

I saw that question.....good one too!!

I just want to follow this thread and the good info you all have provided!! LOL
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 4th November 2010, 6:32 pm

Yeaaaaahhhhh! That's really cool :-) And a very good question too. It's interesting. I tell my husband the worst part about all this is that it seems like I'm jumping on some bandwagon when I didn't even know or consider how popular going natural had become. I can imagine the 'original naturals' feeling like everyone now is just following a fad.

@Kiana - Welcome :-)
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 4th November 2010, 7:21 pm

Hello Kiana and jw immitation is the best form of flattery so what are they all up in arms for. I've heard that comment several times on dif hairboards and don't apprecaite it but anyways how is everyone hope u guys are peachy keen.

BTW super bummed. I'm getting a package and I live in an apartment and I forgot to put the apartment number on the address. I wonder what will happen to the package when it arrives. What will they do? Will the pm be kind enough to leave it with the super? The apartment building is a small one so he could look down the name list and see the aprtment number or call the house. I'm freakig out. Be honest guys what happens in cases like this?
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 4th November 2010, 7:22 pm

Btw it's hair products so super bummed Sad
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 4th November 2010, 7:31 pm

I don't know about Toronto, but here where I am, they will call for an apt number, or if you get lots of shipments like me..LOL..they already know! and just leave it anyway!!

Chelsea I was apprehensive about joining a hair forum just for the reason stated in your question....this is my first natural forum...and I'm glad you ladies are accepting me!
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 4th November 2010, 7:32 pm

thanks for the welcome NC and JW
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 4th November 2010, 7:43 pm

Who will they call for the number kiki someone else is sending me the package? Sorry to bug but I'm freaking out.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 4th November 2010, 9:16 pm

Chelsea - Here, if it's through the post office they deliver it to us even w/o the apt. #. I am not sure about other delivery companies, though - but like Kiana said, they do have your phone #. I know I've gotten a phone call if they couldn't find my apt. so I am sure the same thing may come into play.

Don't fret, I am sure you'll get your products and be happy shortly :-)

jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 4th November 2010, 9:34 pm

Well they don't have my phone number because someone is sending it to me but I've stopped fretting. What is meant to come to fruition will. Thnx ladies.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 4th November 2010, 10:37 pm

Hoping you got your package, and hey if not, maybe 2moro!!! SN: I haven't been called KiKi in a long time.....LOL..... Smile
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 4th November 2010, 10:37 pm

OO, not meaning that in a bad way, just brought me back to my childhood!!!
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 5th November 2010, 5:53 pm

It still amazes me that every so often I learn a new hair trick that makes everything I did before seem utterly dumb. I thought that in order to get the waves when I did my ponytails I had to wash my hair. But today I put a litte infusium on my hair and applied some Aussie (wash out conditioner) to my hair and brushed it. And bam!!! waves like the ocean. Who would have thunk it. And all this time I washed and brushed my hair till infinty and my new method took me all of 2 minutes.

I'll post pics later but yahh!! Anyways how are you lovely ladies and your tresses.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 5th November 2010, 6:16 pm

LOL..yea ppl do that sometimes huh, not only with hair, but its always a great day when you learn a trick that is so much shorter to doing something!! YAY for you. can't wait for the PICS
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 5th November 2010, 6:55 pm

Me too kiki I havnt put them the comp yet lol Razz

Just finished washing my hair. I shampooed with HE tousle me softly. Conditioned half my head with HEHH and the other with aussie. Results were surprisingly similar In terms of detangling but my hair takes longer to dry with HEHH which keeps my hair moist. My hair is in two ponys right now with a scarf on top for wave definition. Well see how the Aussie and HEHH hold up tommorrow for church. Mayb I'll write a review lol.

Later hunnies
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 6th November 2010, 10:27 pm

So pics of ponys:

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next