CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone not doing protective styling for Fall & Winter?

+17
Curlykid78
C.
Karyn
poeticlyspkng
curlya
Renny
Neems
prettybrown213
Keisha
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
BajanPrincess82
Poundcake921
moonchild
SisterBoyd
freckledmom4
Free2Be
akaprincess00
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone not doing protective styling for Fall & Winter? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone not doing protective styling for Fall & Winter?

Post by naturalshazzie 9th October 2010, 6:24 am

Hi everyone. I don't think I'll be wearing protective styles this winter as I'm just 3 months natural and after 1 BC and a couple of little ones Smile I have about 3-4 inches of hair at the top and 0 inches of hair round the sides. I'm a WnG girl and am getting used to leaving the house with my hair damp. Maybe I'll do some tiny twists and twist outs when it grows a bit more and some hats and scarves. Actually you've made me think about it now.... He he! Rolling Eyes Thanks!!!! I love to experiment.

naturalshazzie

http://naturalshazzie@blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone not doing protective styling for Fall & Winter? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone not doing protective styling for Fall & Winter?

Post by Amy V. 9th October 2010, 10:57 pm

I won't be using protective styles this winter. i think my hair is still too short (just BCed 3 months ago). but i will be using richer, more moisturizing products. i will also be covering my hair as much as possible.
Amy V.
Amy V.

http://avbeautycentral.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 11th October 2010, 10:33 am

curlya wrote:@ freckledmom4 - My hair is doing okay. I'm in Atlanta so it is not really cold yet, just cooler in the mornings. I literally get in the car in my garage and get out in the garage at work so I am not in the "cold" air. At home before I leave, I ploop (with a tshirt) in the am before leaving the house. Also on Mondays, (because I hate to get up), I spritz instead of co-washing since I am normally running late Embarassed In my spritz I have KCKT, EVOO and water. I soak the hair til it's dripping, but it's not a co-wash day.

I use aussie moist in the shower to cowash and then shake. Then I add KKNT; spray EVOO and pat my head with shea moisture. If the curls are not there I will add a gel after the EVOO (olive oil eco styler) - But, I try not to use gel too much.

I have a jar of shea butter and a jar of coconut oil; and incorporate them sometimes, but they are new to my array of products so they've not made it to the daily regimen.

I started this journey in July of this year, and so far I'm happy with the results. I just want my hair to be healthy. Then I am sure the length will come.

Your avatar is great! Your hair is so shiny - what do you use?

In my avatar pic I used ecostyler oo gel and ORS Nature Shine spray. I haven't tried Aussie Moist yet, but I plan to soon. I'm trying to get away from using gels so much because they take forever to dry and I always think that my hair is breaking whenever I touch it and hear a "crunch" sound. My hair doesn't really like shea butter, but loves coconut oil. I use it as an oil rinse which helps with the shine.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance 1st December 2010, 7:56 pm

I'm rounding my 2nd year and I wash and go 90% of the time. My hair is growing and it's healthy. I undertand a lot of people really like the protective styles but they don't look so great on me.
sonance
sonance

http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 1st December 2010, 8:31 pm

I typically just leave my hair to air dry even as it's grown unless I'm twisting it. However, this week after co-washing I twisted sections of my hair and put them into bantu knots since I have finals until next week and I don't want to spend any undue amount of time combing out my hair; I just pull out the frint row of twists and pin them down and throw a hat on the back that I left in the knots. Made life so much easier.
For me it was more about convenience than protective styling.
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2