CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protective Styling for a TWA

3 posters

Go down

Protective Styling for a TWA Empty Protective Styling for a TWA

Post by missmoriah 27th October 2009, 1:57 pm

Soooo I am very excited about my big chop and i have been wearing it for a week and two days. I am anxious about this winter coming because i live in georgia and it makes its way to freezing temperatures out here. My hair is about and inch to a half inch long and i know that protective styles are key. It is not long enough for buns, twists, or anything like that so WHAT SHOULD I DO? Sad
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Protective Styling for a TWA Empty Re: Protective Styling for a TWA

Post by MahoganyCurls 2nd November 2009, 6:31 pm

missmoriahiscurly wrote:Soooo I am very excited about my big chop and i have been wearing it for a week and two days. I am anxious about this winter coming because i live in georgia and it makes its way to freezing temperatures out here. My hair is about and inch to a half inch long and i know that protective styles are key. It is not long enough for buns, twists, or anything like that so WHAT SHOULD I DO? Sad

Hey!

Congrats on your bc!!! And I would like to say Hey again, Just like you I am a Georgia Peach too!!!! I have a TWA also. Right now, I am living in Germany, and it is a lot colder than GA. I alternate between flat twists, wash n gos, and my new thing: two strand twists..work in progress though! Lol...Since your hair is so short. I think you will be fine, if you just rock it as is..Wash n go..there is much you can do with it right now. I bc'd in February (which is still very cold-especially for Germany) and I just did wash n gos.

You can also, try wigs if you are into those. I never really been a wig or weave person, i am not knocking anyone who wears it, I just didnt. I think if worn properly wigs and weaves can look very pretty and they are great for protective styles. If you decided to get a weave...(dont know if you can ..) avoid the bonding glue...that is damage city...okay, I am going off...

Oh yeah, make sure you protect your TWA at night with a satin bonnet or scarf...you still have to protect it at night even though it is short. (or a satin pillow case)...try not to touch it so much also...that can lead to breakage.

Oh yeah, you can also wear really pretty beanie caps, or scarves...newsboy caps, etc...It is so hard with a TWA. But you can work your way around it. Check out youtube for tips also, if you havent. I am also a youtuber.

Hope this helps!

Jess

If you dont mind me asking where are you from...I am from Macon.

MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 2nd November 2009, 6:54 pm

HEY JESS! OMG i was so excited to see that you commented on my post. First of all no one has commented and I posted it like last week and then to see that it was you that posted i was so JUICED Very Happy lol. I have been like watching all your youtube videos(i sound like a stalker but since my bc i cant stop watching hair videos) and they have been so helpful. You and your hair look great! So okay back to the point...Thanks for the suggestions! I have been trying to protect my hair as much as possible even though i have a twa. I recently did buy a wig but i have never worn them or weave before and have never been a fan too much either. I dont know how much ill wear it but its definitely an option. I do wrap my hair up every single night so that its not breaking and besides that im still trying to come up with a set regimen. OMG and also i cant believe your from georgia too. This is so exciting. lol im a weirdo. I live in Buford but I am moving back to duluth area soon. How are you liking germany that is so far? Thanks alot for the advice. I appreciate it mucho!

Moriah
missmoriah
missmoriah

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 3rd November 2009, 4:18 pm

missmoriahiscurly wrote:HEY JESS! OMG i was so excited to see that you commented on my post. First of all no one has commented and I posted it like last week and then to see that it was you that posted i was so JUICED Very Happy lol. I have been like watching all your youtube videos(i sound like a stalker but since my bc i cant stop watching hair videos) and they have been so helpful. You and your hair look great! So okay back to the point...Thanks for the suggestions! I have been trying to protect my hair as much as possible even though i have a twa. I recently did buy a wig but i have never worn them or weave before and have never been a fan too much either. I dont know how much ill wear it but its definitely an option. I do wrap my hair up every single night so that its not breaking and besides that im still trying to come up with a set regimen. OMG and also i cant believe your from georgia too. This is so exciting. lol im a weirdo. I live in Buford but I am moving back to duluth area soon. How are you liking germany that is so far? Thanks alot for the advice. I appreciate it mucho!

Moriah

Hey! No problem! I dont mind helping a fellow curly! Wow! Thanks for being a supporter, I am so flattered! Lol...you are not weird! I like when I meet new ppl from GA. Okay, I know where Buford and Duluth are. Those are nice areas to live! Germany is cool, we are leaving in a few months, so I am sooooooooo excited about that! I will finally be able to go to wal-mart! Lol!!!! It is really cold right now. I am just as excited as you are to meet a subbie and another peach! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd November 2009, 8:34 pm

Congrats Miss Moriah!!! I bc'ed last november my saving grace was a hat with a satin lining. I live in MI and I only had an inch of hair so it was wash n go all winter long. I would wash first thing in the morning, workout then breakfast then go to work. I thank God i am a commuter cuz then I would hop in the car, take off the hat and blast the heat..lol. Not the most technical care but it worked.

Have you thought of head wraps...Youtube has vids on those too.

Hope my two cents help.

happy growing.

Sheeta
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 3rd November 2009, 11:42 pm

HEY MISS SHEETA!!!! Yes your comment is greatly appreciated. I have been wearing a hat with my satin bonnet every day. I recently screwed my hair up when it was completely fine so im trying to grow back the parts that i cut out lol. So yeah i been wearing my hat and im not really a hat person but it is my saving grace as well. my hair is actually filling back in after a week and im really happy about that. Very Happy I am afraid to do wash n go's especially in the winter because my hair gets dry quickly so i will probably wash the night before and just moisturize and wrap it up in the morning.

Thanks Chica

Moriah
missmoriah
missmoriah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down