CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts...

+133
kekesmom29
Just Ashley
~JOME~
Takeya
Madeaj
Quiana223
brownsuga83
Plzd2beme
Choctaw
curlytee
netta
DeltaAce2006
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
1FlySista
creolebeauty1
BlondeByDesire
Mangos&Bananas
belleaenca
ebonediva
catcurls
Spiritualsearch
Kittabug
Umph
Ebbz
Loving me
anz30
AfricanaCurly
zanajh
poeticlyspkng
mokacoffey
Ambitious_Tiff
Emartini04
jeanlouisangel
thegagaminaj
JessiWantsCurls
Color_Me_Coily
nikmuch
sweetface1118
Fleur
KeetaRay
~*Kiana*~
Stephy0306
tamtam7
naturally.yours
Sakura
naturalesque
caracara01
letha
simplysloan
NaturalKe
MEGAFAITH
newcurlieque
dcgcakes
rayray19
LaToya28
BriaBeauty
courtrhapsody
misscece
blkbeauty2010
Curly1
shamigreen
NikG20
Islander3906
mizcreativelyme
veebaby87
Scarletjazz
snappynappy
Nali1987
popsbaby
dajewel
Sebastain13
meepmeep1101
hopefulcurls
naturallynola
Curlykid78
TheRYL1
Naturally Esq
Neems
sweetdrk1
Leta
stephgil
Nikcoils
Rock'n Natural Curls
prettybrown213
Ladybug83
SwirlyCurls90
curlya
BrownSkinDiva
d.denise
naturalblkbeauty10
Curliana
KreyolKatt
bludini1
Kez
kim
dyamonds10
Thetruthisoutthere
tiashaunteé
shortnsweet
Dricka
Talisa3636
JossBella
pie
KinkyNappyHappy
Lynnieluve
naturallygifted_4
Shrinkage
C.
ladygogohot
JazmineB
kinksncurls
Ms.Mai
Janet36603
sonance
TiffNotANY
BajanPrincess82
ChrsLvsBks
Karyn
Myeka33
Cherry: extraordinary!
Sunshyne
BeautifullyFree
PanaR3dd
CrissyQ
jamaicacurl
priceless
natchralme
mverde3
WhosThatRedHead
cutiezphib
cyclingchick
iculukin
LadyMika
137 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts... - Page 8 Empty Re: Random Thoughts...

Post by BeautifullyFree 1st October 2010, 11:34 am

i'm hungry an sleepy an thank god its friday
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 1st October 2010, 2:50 pm

I promised my self on Monday that I would not buy any more products until I finished what I had. However at lunch today I went to Tar-Jay... so much for that. Embarassed
The weird thing is I am happy with the products I currently use. Why can't I stop buying products?! Seriously - I have a problem. Sad
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 1st October 2010, 3:15 pm

curlya wrote:I promised my self on Monday that I would not buy any more products until I finished what I had. However at lunch today I went to Tar-Jay... so much for that. Embarassed
The weird thing is I am happy with the products I currently use. Why can't I stop buying products?! Seriously - I have a problem. Sad

I think you need an intervention lol jk I love that show on A&E. I understand though, I want to get up and buy some stuff now but I'm trying to resist the urge. That's why I havent been to walmart or anything like that cause I head straight to the hair aisle, every time
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 1st October 2010, 4:36 pm

It's horrible! Target is right across the street from work. I can see it from the window. silent I think I am going to try some self talk... "I do not need more products, I do not need more products"
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 1st October 2010, 5:46 pm

curlya wrote:It's horrible! Target is right across the street from work. I can see it from the window. silent I think I am going to try some self talk... "I do not need more products, I do not need more products"

lol
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 2nd October 2010, 11:59 am

Okay, after having a minor meltdown about my hair, it's back to basics: weekly protein treatments and twists all week until who-knows-when.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 2nd October 2010, 2:31 pm

priceless wrote:so i never gotten sun burned in my life til now. my cuz said black people don't get sun burned. I wanted to smack her but i just looked at her an sucked my teeth then showed her how bad my shoulders were peeling. She said girl cause you aint black. I said what? this fool looked at me and said i say you ain't black cause you go on vacation and live in the water like a freaking fish. black people don't swim and be in the beach and pool for over 4 hours at a time. Whatever i bet i am getting my excerise on and enjoying myself. You pay money to go on vacation and stay in the room on the side line if you want to.

Lol people are ignorant as heck. I sunburn a lot if I'm out long enough and I'm a brown-skinned girl. It has to do with how sensitive your skin is not the just color omg lol

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 2nd October 2010, 2:43 pm

Ugh. So my friend asks me to help her with her math hw at her dorm, and being the good friend that I am, I said sure. So I got there, and then she says "Oh by the way, I'm sick. Sorry, hope you don't catch it" Well I DID and I feel like have SARS or something. Needless to say, my hair is a dry mess. Luckily I have some new products on the way Smile

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug83 2nd October 2010, 3:19 pm

I'm regretting putting my hair in these braids. I know that my scalp is sensitive yet I continue to torture it by wearing braids and the occasional weave (I've only had two sew-ins, but I've been considering getting another one to help me transition). Now I have painful bumps around my hairline. And the braids aren't even tight! Maybe I'm allergic to synthetic hair.... Sad

Ladybug83

Back to top Go down

Post by cutiezphib 3rd October 2010, 9:49 pm

Has the worse case of heartburn right now!
cutiezphib
cutiezphib

Back to top Go down

Post by bludini1 4th October 2010, 12:05 pm

Went to M.A.C to participate in the Venomous Villans make up line, left out looking like a drag queen. LOL it was too funny.

bludini1

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 4th October 2010, 12:23 pm

it is only in the 50's today..i will be rocking long sleeves to work..an why am i still tired
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 4th October 2010, 8:35 pm

i achieved 5day hair last week...thats a new record woot!
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 5th October 2010, 12:24 pm

Okay. I am trying to figure out how I can style my TWA when the top is longer than the back and sides, (it is about 4 1/2 inches from the front to the crown) My hair on the sides and the back gradually tapers to shorter hair about 2 1/2 on the sides and 2 in the back. (This is all hair when stretched).
It's crazy! I have no idea what to so with it. I am wearing WNG and I like it. But, I want to try a protective style for the fall/ winter months however, I don't like the way twists look on my head. I'd like to continue wearing it WNG for the winter, (I am in the car longer than I am outside) but, is that bad for your hair?
I'm wondering if my hair will continue to grow unevenly forever... Anyone else have hair problems like this that can offer some suggestions?
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th October 2010, 12:36 pm

OMGoodness, why do these tights have a run already? This is probably why I detest wearing them and pantyhose. I was trying to look cute since they had an argyle print on the back seam. I will keep trying. I do have some rough edges to a couple of fingernails that are likely the culprit.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th October 2010, 12:41 pm

curlya wrote:Okay. I am trying to figure out how I can style my TWA when the top is longer than the back and sides, (it is about 4 1/2 inches from the front to the crown) My hair on the sides and the back gradually tapers to shorter hair about 2 1/2 on the sides and 2 in the back. (This is all hair when stretched).
It's crazy! I have no idea what to so with it. I am wearing WNG and I like it. But, I want to try a protective style for the fall/ winter months however, I don't like the way twists look on my head. I'd like to continue wearing it WNG for the winter, (I am in the car longer than I am outside) but, is that bad for your hair?
I'm wondering if my hair will continue to grow unevenly forever... Anyone else have hair problems like this that can offer some suggestions?

Have you tried finger coils? My hair grows unevenly too but not that much. I have a friend who hair grows just like yours. She just gets is shaped up at the barbershop.

WNGs in winter wont damage your hair but I would be concerned with getting sick. Maybe you can wash your hair at night, then just spritz it in the morning so it wont be soaking wet when you leave home.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 5th October 2010, 1:00 pm

WOW..its really nice to hear from you..i am sorry your by yourself now though...your a good dude, i know whether your with somebody or not you'll be fine.
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 5th October 2010, 2:09 pm

@Lynnieluve
I think that is what caused my hair to grow this way. When I first went natural I had my son's barber, cut my hair once a month and shape it up for me. So I think that my hair is now trained to grow shorter around the sides and back and longer on the top. Idea
I was thinking about switching to wash at night and spritz in the morning. I'll try it out this week. - Thank you for responding. Smile
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 5th October 2010, 2:21 pm

Alright, so I found out my hair REALLY likes protein. So now I'm being ordered (by my hair) to find conditioners and products that contain protein be it collagen, plant, eggs, or silk. scratch Looks like I'll be using that Giovanni SAS as a leave-in from now on...
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th October 2010, 3:56 pm

What is with ppl and picture stealing?!?!?!?! Geesh!! I got to get better with watermarking. I am having fun blogging but I will stop and start suing folks.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by prettybrown213 6th October 2010, 11:22 am

ChrsLuvsBks, when you spot the run, put a dab of clear nail polish and it will stop it dead in its tracks. Works wonders every time Very Happy

My random thought: I'm officially in love with Giovanni Leave-in. I'm on Day 4 of a twist out, that still looks like it's Day 1 hair!

Last edited by prettybrown213 on 6th October 2010, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong word)
prettybrown213
prettybrown213

Back to top Go down

Post by cutiezphib 6th October 2010, 11:46 am

Sitting at home everyday you would think that I was taking the best care of my hair...yea right! I'm too tired and to big to do so...I really don't think I can sit and allow someone to braid it or do a sew-in...I need a natural hair dresser I can go to every week here in Holly Springs or some where close by in Memphis!!! SN: May post belly shots you got to see this thing! Shocked
cutiezphib
cutiezphib

Back to top Go down

Post by bludini1 6th October 2010, 1:32 pm

Some random dude stuck his hand in my hair and said "OOH I love curls" and just walked away. It was a strange moment.

bludini1

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 6th October 2010, 1:41 pm

bludini1 wrote:Some random dude stuck his hand in my hair and said "OOH I love curls" and just walked away. It was a strange moment.
Oh My.... I would feel violated. Embarassed
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 6th October 2010, 2:02 pm

cutiezphib wrote:Sitting at home everyday you would think that I was taking the best care of my hair...yea right! I'm too tired and to big to do so...I really don't think I can sit and allow someone to braid it or do a sew-in...I need a natural hair dresser I can go to every week here in Holly Springs or some where close by in Memphis!!! SN: May post belly shots you got to see this thing! Shocked

LOL, i bet it looks great.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next