CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts...

+69
nobelle
DarlingCocoa
back2nap1120
MaameYaa
curly+kinky+fierce
Erica5417
tamtam7
mojitochica
Natural Wheezes
StacyB
premo
jad928
Courtie
ChrsLvsBks
bevyboo628
Notthecoolmom
brittany_smiley
jamaicacurl
snappynappy
FierceNerd
rebelrocks
KreyolKatt
NikG20
BindyMac08
CarlsM
crvng4mr
curly_danni
NubieNatty
Free2009
loveself247
natural83
Jonezy
missmoriah
Succinctlyso
Rock'n Natural Curls
CurlySpeechTherapist
LuvMeLuvMyFro
hayylee
DanyelleLoves
cinnamoncurlz
nmoultry
cutephantasm
ohnatural
oooop2
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
lena73
splitsun
SpiderBeauty
quake_19
p_nuttie43
StealMyHeartLovee
Talisa3636
Iomer
Pi*Jay
Zibby
tiashaunteé
TerraD
Enchantment
MissCurly
Dricka
d.denise
NaturalNurse04
MixedStraightUp
sweetdrk1
dajewel
AfrikanLatina
gammainme
*CurlyNikki*
73 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts... Empty Random Thoughts...

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 11:18 am

1. Why do I wait until every article of clothing I own is dirty before *thinking* about doing laundry? So lazy. Plus, I create more work for myself! I've been doing laundry for 2 days [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2. I've actually gotten so lazy that I twist in the shower now...it seems like I get done quicker.

3. I'm sad that another season of Housewives of Atlanta is over [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It's truly one of my guilty pleasures! At least we get the two reunion shows! 'Who gon' check me boo?!'

4. It could be a placebo effect, but I think my new green drink reggie is actually giving me increased energy...either that or my hypomania is kicking in, lol.

Off to do my hair Smile

What's on your mind?
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts... Empty Re: Random Thoughts...

Post by gammainme 25th October 2009, 11:50 am

I need to get off this site b/c i need to work on my paper- this is why i am not active on facebook- too distracting! "self disciple, derdine, self disciplein" as i try step away from the site
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 25th October 2009, 12:09 pm

I'm teaching myself to crochet and I'll tell you, it takes practice. I'm trying to make myself some fly tams for the winter. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th October 2009, 12:12 pm

i have plenty to do today: LOADS of hw, washing the clothes(like curlynikki, i haven't washed in three weeks...am really lazy), resting, but all i care about is surfing the net...
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 12:16 pm

dajewel...same here! I can't friggin' walk away from this computer. I need to do my hair! Argggh!!!

@gammainme, sorry, lol, welcome to the club! Maybe I need to start an internet addiction practice

@AL, make me a scarf! I like neutrals Smile
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th October 2009, 12:21 pm

yeah, is like i can find time to surf 'story of the world' on the net, but "no time" to do my hw....maybe is backlash from a week of midterms...in all fairness i did party lastnight and i just wish i can continue it today...sigh
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 25th October 2009, 12:22 pm

CurlyNikki I'll add u to the list sis [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 12:27 pm

woot woot!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th October 2009, 12:42 pm

ok, am going to be productive. hasta luega!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th October 2009, 2:17 pm

ok...I started cleaning because now everyone is gone. But I too keep checking this forum!!

I need to start crocheting again. I sell hats & scarfs during the winter season....thanks for the reminder. BTW you will find great tutorials on YT

upset that my Giants don't play until later

refuses to even start with FB that will kill another couple of hours.

TTFN I am going to get SOMETHING done today

Cool
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 2:41 pm

So, ummmm...it took me an hour and nearly an entire family sized bottle of Totally Twisted to detangle my hair. Not pleased.

Where I went wrong:

-Let me hair go for 2 weeks (I forgot that the Curly Fro from last Sunday was not done on wet hair)...I hadn't conditioned my hair for 2 WEEKS!

-Using butters and prodctcs on dry hair (for my curly fro) resulted in a bit of buildup. My hair was dry, dry, dry, and super tangled. I had to clarify for the first time in ages.

-Clarifying led to more tangling, lol.

In the end I had the biggest hairball ever. How big was it, you ask? So big:
-you could make a wig out of
-clothe a small child
-insulate a closet
-knit a hat or scarf!

So gross. Sorry if TMI. I'm chalking the excessive hair shed up to 14 days of not messing with it.

In other randomness, I can't get B's Sweet Dream/Beautiful Nightmare song out of my head...

Last edited by *CurlyNikki* on 25th October 2009, 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MixedStraightUp 25th October 2009, 2:42 pm

I swear now that this forum is up I have put down my crackberry only to get a new addiction - my curlycrack fix. Nikki it's a good thing you don't charge an access fee cause my husband would kill my on subscription fees. Although if you change and start a fee for service getting rich off the truly addicted - I get a fee pass for the idea.

I also am suposed to be studying for a class and can't/won't get off this site looking at all the new information. I don't know whether to thank you (even though I'm sending you love) or choke you for my new addiction [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MixedStraightUp
MixedStraightUp

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 2:45 pm

LOL! Thanks chica Smile
And nope, no charges...not now, not ever. I love chatting with you ladies. I could literally talk hair 24/7 Wink
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNurse04 25th October 2009, 3:21 pm

Does it mean that I'm obsessed with hair if I am watching the Steelers versus the Vikings and all I can think about is how I have a "hair crush" on Troy Polamalu?

Every food commercial that I see on TV makes me crave something. BW3's, a steak, a cheeseburger... Am I addicted to food?

I am sitting here with a head full of conditioner under a plastic shower cap. I probably look a HOT MESS! LOL, the things we ladies go thru to look fierce!

That is all.... For now.
NaturalNurse04
NaturalNurse04

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 25th October 2009, 3:24 pm

my random thoughts: i'm sick (a little head cold or something) and my FI is being SOO nice. cooked last night. cleaned all yesterday (including the laundry! although I shouldnt be too happy about that he has ruined many a shirt or dress of mine), constantly bringing me sliced oranges and strawberries. woke up and made breakfast (im talkin pancakes, my favorite cheesy eggs, bacon, more fruit!), brought me some medicine, just went to Walgreens for me. Like I hate being sick, but I kinda dont wanna get better lol. All this just for a little cold!

but yes thanks for making this site even more of a black hole! I can get lost in here for hours. But I'm on the west coast and when I'm up at night all of you have gone to bed so its not as fun lol.

another random thought: i really want to wash my hair again just to try out some new products and do an olive oil DC but I just put these curl formers in Thursday, man. I don't have a "routine" yet for what works best for my hair but I'm so eager to have one I wanna wash my hair like every day... jesus take the wheel...

last random thought... FINALLY the chargers are in position to win a game! (knock on wood cuz the games not over)
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th October 2009, 3:45 pm

ok, i was only productive for an hour and half...that's progress!!

i hope this clay face mask helps to reduce these pimples, boy...can't be looking sexy with pretty hair and pimply-face.

i need to do an errand today, but kinda don't want to because i am cool chillin' with this face mask all day.

why is it i saw many alternatives at the vegan festival?? i mean, since when vegan means you crazy? and how come i didn't see any vegan hair product vendors??

i hope sunday dinner gonna be good today!

i can't wait to start/finish my washing cuz i really need socks and undergarments.

i wonder why dude never txt-ed me back.

but its ok if he bites the dust cuz am crushing on the next one:D

adding new products to try to my ever-growing list of products to try

am i the only one that doesn't pay attention to the steelers??

@d.denise: that is so sweet about your BOOO!!!! i thought that i was the only one that WANTED to wash my hair more often so that I can try new products!! sigh

@mixedstraightup: i hear ya about that crackberry being replaced by curlycrack...sigh...speaking of which, i was questioning my existence on this planet when i accidentally dropped it in the ocean. i had wait 4 days for the replacement;those were the worse 4 days of my life

@naturalnurse04:love your avator!

@currlynikki: LOL at your hairball!!!!! Ewwwwwww!!!!!!! you went through a WHOLE bottle???? Geez!!!!! Buy why would butters be bad on dry, curly fro hair? I used them on my fro and it was ok.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 4:19 pm

Girl, yes, damn near! I used a lot of conditioner, but in the end, it's moisturized, smooth and all twisted up Smile

Applying product to dry hair is not for everybody. Some folks thrive on bi-weekly washings and moisturizing/sealing in between. My fine strands get weighed down easily and really only take product well when wet. I'm prone to that 'white cast over' thing when I apply products to dry hair--and it gets very waxy/tacky feeling. No two heads are alike, lol.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th October 2009, 4:38 pm

wait...how you all have me cracking up!! I took a break from cleaning hoping no1 had posted anything.

The hairball is killin me! hahahahahaaa
D.denise feel better, your honey is a gem....
dajewel 4get him if he don't text back..and Yes I WILL rewash to try a new product in a heart beat!!

wishes the likka sto delivered I want a magarita! hmmmmmm
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MixedStraightUp 25th October 2009, 5:18 pm

The first step to recovery is admittence - right Nik? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Don't want to be better and love that my new is adiction is YOU GUYS & this Forum.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ok I tried to stay away and could only last an hour - you guys have me cracking up!!!!! Love Ya!

Random thought - I'm gonna kill my daughter & husband if they keep using my new products.
MixedStraightUp
MixedStraightUp

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 5:29 pm

MixedStraightup, I know, right?! My hubby used all the shampoo in the house (the bottled stuff and the bars), and when I asked him to pass me the last drop of clarifying conditioner under the sink today, he said, "save me some". What the heck?! Dag....
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 5:30 pm

sweetdrk1, I'm with you! Is it too early for a cocktail?! I need one! My brain is running a mile a minute, and I have so much to do. Not enough hours in the day...or energy in my body!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 5:35 pm

Will a Green Drink cancel out the 3 piece and a biscuit I just consumed?
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dricka 25th October 2009, 5:39 pm

I should be ashamed to say this, but my car is in desperate need of being cleaned out vacummed and probably shampooed. FI and I live in seperate cities (I am working on that, pray for me y'all its tough out here) and our families live in Detroit so I am CONSTANTLY on the highway on my day off. I seriously live out of my car... but it is starting to show. I can barely fit anything in my truck because of the clothes and shoes that I keep in there, but it is starting to spill over into my back seat. I just cleaned out my car and found one Mary Jane pump, a pair of work shoes, two pairs of flip flips (its been cold for a month or so here) and my Nike Mary Janes (also a summer shoe). There was also a sun dress and a shirt [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, I need to stop setting healthy goals for myself, because I break them INSTANTLY! I told myself this week I was going to go grocery shopping and cook for the rest of the week so I could take dinner to work with me (I work nights) and have healthy snacks. I didn't eat before I left FI house this afternoon, so instead of taking my break and going shopping or picking up a salad... I brought a pizza and storage bags so I could take it and put it in the fridge at work :-( I also brought a box of Frosted Flakes when I went to pick up my perscription and am currently eating them dry, straight out the box at my desk :-(
Dricka
Dricka

Back to top Go down

Post by MixedStraightUp 25th October 2009, 6:17 pm

Ok so I am trying to focus on eating right and I'm not sure if evryone has a Carls Jr around them or not - but about 6-7 months ago they had a Captin Crunch shake - Vanilla Shake w/ Captin Crunch mixed it - Damn it was good and now that I am trying to do a couple of protein days - all I can think about is the shake and they don't even make them anymore. I can't get them off my mind and even with my TNC set in - I am trying to hold off from running to the store to make my own shake here.

Lord help me but why did I not even care of think about anything sweet/fatty until I try to change and drop a few pounds?
MixedStraightUp
MixedStraightUp

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th October 2009, 7:22 pm

LOL!!!!!! you all are friggin' hilarious!!!!!!

I really wished i had a margarita today....that would have been heaven!!!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next